Mark VIII

Guardian
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sitting in the green room listening to Twice on the radio was interesting. The passion they have for their music is actually quite satisfying. To hear them talk about their new single, upcoming performances, and interactions with fans indicate that they are genuinely grateful for all they have. Jean is sat next to me on the sofa looking through the Twice fan forums, and Alex is outside in the hall standing guard. I didn't want to leave him alone out there, but he insisted.

Mark: Hey, I'm going to go check on Alex.

Jean: Just leave him be. You need to trust him.

Mark: I do trust him. I just want to see how he's doing.

I go to stand up when Jean shoots a look my way.

Jean: Sit!

I pause, jolted by her words, or word, and lean back into the sofa.

Jean: Good boy!

She tells me as she ruffles my hair. Did she just... I look at her and growl. She then flicks my on the nose.

Jean: No! Bad boy!

Mark: Really? That's not funny.

I say to her whilst rubbing my nose. All she does is laugh. Treating me like a dog is nothing new, and quite honestly, I don't mind. I actually prefer dogs over people anyways! But she's the only one that can get away with something like that. 

Mark: You remember when Alex tried that?

Jean: Didn't you hang him upside down by the ankles?

Mark: That's the time!

We both burst into a fit of laughter. Alex being the 'runt' of the family, even though he's closing in on 6ft, had more of a runner's body, thus making it substantially easier to pick him up. But his speed was never to be underestimated. The handful of times we had to chase down a 'perp', he always caught his target, and there hasn't been anyone that has been able to outrun him.

Jean: Remember his arms flailing?

Mark: "Ahh, stop! You're going to shake my brain loose!"

Jean&Mark:(simultaneously) "What brain?!"

Another uproar of laughter. There were some fun times we've had, some bad, but all gave us the experience and lessons to better ourselves. Alex is the little brother that everyone wants. Sure we a lot, but that's what siblings are for, plus, we would never push it too far. He was always willing to learn anything, and learned it well. I taught him the physical, Jean took care of the mental, and our mother, she taught us all love. Alex can be better than all of us, he can be anything he wants.

Jean: But seriously though. He's a good kid, and he shouldn't continue with this job.

Mark: Why? You think he can't cut it?

Jean: Not at all. He's more than capable, but he's not like you and me.

Mark: That's why he's so important to the team. He keeps us in check.

Jean: But haven't you ever thought that he could do something else? Something more?

Mark: Like what?

Jean: Music.

Our entire family is quite musical, we all learned piano from our mum, I play a bit of guitar, Jean's hobby is playing the drums, and Alex is quite the vocalist. Given all that, we never thought of trying to start a music career, maybe for the best, it's a rough industry.

Mark: Music?

Jean: He's written some songs you know. They're actually pretty good.

Mark: Really? Since when? And why haven't I heard them?

Jean: With the amount you , you really think he'd perform for you?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter