Perfect Illusion

Soosica's One Shots Collection (Authors Collaboration)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“All you have to do Jessica Jung is say hello!” Mrs Jung exclaimed to her daughter in the kitchen. “Can you please just stop setting up dates for me!!!” Jessica exclaimed back loudly. Her mother was really driving her crazy that evening.

“I don’t want to be set up anymore mother!!” Jessica was really protesting. Mrs Jung practically ignored her daughter and dragged her out of the kitchen so that she could introduce her to a businessman that she invited over.

“Chris, this is my daughter Jessica.” Mrs Jung introduced them with a wide smile on her face.

“Hi Jessica, I’ve heard so much about you.” The guy said politely.

“Chris here just got transferred from New York.” Her mother was smiling like an idiot. Clearly she wanted so badly for her daughter to hook up with the guy.

“New York? That’s a big change coming from New York to Seoul.” Jessica forced herself to create a conversation. “Yeah it is.” Chris, the American guy replied as he gave Jessica his best smile.

“Anyways, you’ll love Seoul. We have a very rich cultural heritage.” Jessica added. “Good Jessica. Good.” Her mother whispered next to her acting all crazy. Jessica just elbowed her mother asking her to shut up.

Krystal then appeared out of nowhere and stood with them. “Hi, I’m Krsytal, her sister.” Krystal shook the guy’s hand.

“Hi Krystal. Nice to meet you.” He smiled. He was being very polite. “Look, I’ve got to leave. But hmm.. would it be okay if I called you sometime?” He asked looking at Jessica.

“Yeah. Sure. Sure.” Jessica smiled widely before she left the guy with Mrs Jung and Krystal. Mrs Jung then looked at the guy. “Thank you for coming Chris. Stop by sometimes okay.” Mrs Jung smiled and then she excused herself so that she could entertain other guests.

“Yeah. Don’t bother calling by the way.” Krystal looked at the guy.

“Hmm why not?” Chris asked.

“She won’t call back.” Krystal said before she left. Krystal entered the kitchen and saw Jessica was drinking the leftover wine at the table. “What’s wrong with him??” Krystal asked. “Urgh.. I don’t wanna talk about it.” Jessica groaned.

“I really don’t know why mum keeps on trying. Nothing works with you!” Krystal muttered. “He’s cute FYI.” Krystal commented.

“Hmm he’s alright.” Jessica made a face.

“Seriously unnie, if you keep on being so picky, you would end up alone.” Krystal said as she joined up her sister drinking. “No seriously, did it ever occur to anyone that I might actually already be in a relationship with someone?” Jessica started to question.

“Hmm no. Wait, are you???” Krystal asked in surprise.

Jessica then let out a long deep sigh. “It doesn’t matter if I am or I am not. But why does everybody always assume I’m not. ” She sighed.

“Because you never bring anybody home or never ever mention anyone. How are we supposed not to assume?” Krystal asked back. “The only people we’ve ever meet are your roommate and those crazy friends of yours.

Jessica didn’t say anything. “If there is somebody. What’s wrong with him?” Krystal asked again. Jessica really didn’t want to have the conversation. “Wait a minuteee. He’s married isn’t he????” Krystal asked loudly.

“Urghh..” Jessica groaned and then walked out of the kitchen. “Oh my god.” Krystal couldn’t believe that her sister was currently seeing a married man. Krystal couldn’t wait to tell her mother about what she discovered. So she quickly went out of the kitchen to look for her mother.

“Whatt? She admitted it??” Mrs Jung couldn’t believe what she heard. “No, but she didn’t deny it!” Krystal explained. “I could see it from her eyes.” Krystal added excitedly.

“Really? I just don’t believe she would do something like that. It’s risky getting involved with a married man.” Her mother was thinking to herself.

“God Krys, I hope he doesn’t have kids.” Mrs Jung was having thoughts inside her mind. “Do you know how long it’s been going on?” Mrs Jung asked. She really wanted to know.

“Aish, she isn’t telling me anything mother.” Krystal said.

*****

“I am not involved with a married man for god sake.” Jessica was sitting on a lazy chair next to her father outside at the lawn. Mr Jung had never fancied any of the tea parties Mrs Jung organized. He felt like it was unnecessary to do it. It’s a complete waste of money. He would usually just laze around outside smoking and drinking alone.

“Good.” Mr Jung said. He was smoking a cigaratte at the time. Her father was more of a chill type compared to her mother so it was easier to talk to him.

“You know how I feel right? At your age, what you do is your business. Like me, sitting here, having a quite smoke that nobody needs to know about.” Her father said. Of course Mrs Jung didn’t know that her husband had been smoking.

“Your secret is safe with me daddy.” Jessica smiled. “Krystal has such a big mouth. She always have to gossip about something. She should at least get the story straight.” Jessica said.

“Just leave her be Jess.” Her father replied. “She already has a lot on her plate.” Mr Jung commented again. Krystal was in the midst of getting a divorce from her husband. “I know. That’s why she should stay out of my life.” Jessica responded.

“She had suffered for so long Jess. You just don’t know what it’s like to being married to a guy like Kai.” Mr Jung informed. Krystal marriage to Ka

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter