Red letter day

Arctic love

The next day, Youngbae woke up, still feeling uneasy. He tried calling Daesung again, only for him not to answer. He sighed, and rolled his eyes. Back in Norway, Daesung was in the middle of class when Youngbae had called. After class, he went home. He checked his phone, noticing the missed call. He looked at the phone hesitantly. 

"Hey Dae. You okay? Wait, you're not still talking to him are you?" Seungri asked.

Daesung looked up, worried.

"Well...not exactly. But we never broke up. He's still my boyfriend. I lo-"

"Why do you love him so much? All he's done since you left is ignore you. Daesung, you deserve better." Seungri said, placing his hand on Daesung's shoulder.

Daesung stared at the ground, unsure of what to say or do. He loved Youngbae. The last thing he wanted was for Youngbae and him to break up. But, maybe Seungri was right. Maybe, Youngbae didn't want to be with him anymore. Daesung decided to try calling Youngbae. Youngbae jerked up when his phone lit up, showing Daesung's number. He quickly answered the call.

"Daesung! I'm so sorry! I love you! I know you feel like I've been ignoring you lately." He said, frantically.

Before Daesung could say anything, Seungri snatched the phone away from Daesung, and started yelling into the phone.

"What the hell man? You say you love him, yet you ignore him!?" He yelled.

Jiyong wandered over to see a terrified looking Youngbae. He furrowed his brows, and gently took the phone from Youngbae's grasp. He listened to Seungri yell for a few more seconds 

"Seungri! It's Jiyong. Now, what's going on?" He asked, angerily.

"Well it's obvious Youngbae doesn't love Daesung! He can't even bother to call him at least once!" 

"He's been so busy with a little something called work! But i guess you wouldn't know anything about that now would you?!" Jiyong remarked

"Well still! We just want to know what his problem is! If you really love someone, you make time for them!" Seungri screamed.

"You really think Youngbae doesn't love him?! I've never seen him have so much love for someone else! He gets busy and automatically he stops caring?!" Jiyong yelled.

Seungri fell silent for a moment.

"If he cared so much, then wouldn't he want to know why his boyfriend is up all night crying?" Seungri said, coldly.

Jiyong groaned.

"If Youngbae really didn't care about him, he wouldn't plan a surprise visit for him, would he?!"

"O-oh..." Seungri stammered.

Youngbae stared at Jiyong in disbelief. Jiyong turned bright red.

"Uh...p-please don't tell Daesung." He muttered.

"U-uhm...i-i won't. Thanks. Uh...well we better go. We have...homework..." He answered, ending the call.

"So? What'd he say?" Daesung asked, impatiently.

Seungri patted his shoulder.

"Nothing. You're doing great. Don't give up on him. I promise, it will be worth it." Seungri said, gently.

Daesung looked at him confused.

"Uh...okay...I wasn't planning on it but...okay." he replied.

"Jiyong?! What the hell?! You ing tokd them!?" Youngbae screamed.

"No...I told Seungri. Daesung didn't hear anything." Jiyong answered.

Youngbae huffed.

"Better hope not." He said, threateningly.

Jiyong nodded slowly.

"I'm sure it's going to work out fine. Okay? Just...relax..." 

After a while of pacing, Youngbae seemed to calm down a little. His heart was still beating out of his chest. 

"Let's just get ready to see him in a few weeks. Okay? You know he's going to love it." Jiyong said, trying to cheer Youngbae up.

Youngbae smiled slowly at the thought of holding Daesung in his arms once again.

"Okay. Fine. I'm not mad anymore. You win." He said laughing and shoving Jiyong playfully.

Jiyong breathed a sigh of relief.

"Okay. Good." He answered.

Throughout the next few weeks, no matter how tired Youngbae was from work, he always texted Daesung or called him to say good morning or good night.

"So are you going to be able to come out for my birthday?" Daesung asked.

Youngbae sighed, sadly.

"Baby i-i wish I could...but work didn't give me the time off. I'm so sorry. I'll make it up to you though. Okay?" He answered.

Daesung stayed quiet.

"O-okay..." he muttered.

A week later, it was finally time for Youngbae to fly to Norway to surprise his boyfriend. He was nervous, if he was going to be honest. However, he was extremely excited. He landed at the airport. To his surprise, he had a text message from Seungri.

"I'll pick you up at the airport. Call me when you land. Let's make your boyfriend have the best birthday ever."

Youngbae smiled at the lovely surprise. He called Seungri.

"Hey Seungri. I'm at the airport." 

"Okay. I'll be right over." 

Youngbae waited for only a few minutes, before Seungri showed up. He hugged him.

"I'm sorry...I didn't know." He muttered.

Youngbae laughed.

"It's okay. Thanks for picking me up." He said.

Seungri smiled.

"Yea sure." He said.

They quickly got back to the apartment.

"Luckily, TOP took Daesung out for at least a few hours." Seungri told Youngbae.

Youngbae nodded.

"Perfect. Hey, is there a flower shop around here?" He asked.

Seungri nodded.

"Yes. I'll get them though. We can't risk Daesung seeing you just yet. I'll be right back." He said, turning on his heel and leaving.

Youngbae already had smaller presents for Daesung, flowers always add a nice touch. He  smiled, and sat on the bed. He held one of Daesung's pillows, it smelled like Daesung. He blushed and smiled. Only a short amount of time later, Seungri came back with flowers. 

"Thank you for your help." Youngbae said.

Seungri nodded.

"Of course." 

Youngbae and Seungri sat on the couch, talking and laughing at jokes Daesung had said, or inside jokes. Shortly after,  Seungri got a text from TOP.

"We're on our way home. See you soon." TOP said.

"Okay. Nothing special going on here. See you soon." He replied.

He gave Youngbae a thumbs up. Youngbae nodded, and got in position. He grabbed the flowers, and small bag of presents and hid in Daesung's room. Soon enough, Daesung and TOP entered the room. Seungri and TOP started singing Happy birthday to him. There was a cake sitting on the table in the middle of the kitchen and some cards.

"Awww you guys..." Daesung said.

"You guys are the best." He said, hugging them both.

"Of course! Now, sit down and make a wish. Blow out the candles." Seungri said, smiling.

Daesung laughed and did as he was instructed. Seungri quickly motioned Youngbae to come out while Daesung wasn't looking. As silently as he could manage, Youngbae tip-toed out of the room. He quietly handed the flowers and present to Seungri, and gently covered Daesung's eyes, after he blew out the candles. Daesung froze. He carefully felt the hands covering his eyes. He noticed how soft they were. Daesung carefully removed the hands, and looked up. He screamed the loudest he's ever screamed before.

"Ahhhhhh!!!!!!! Youngbae!!!!? W-what?!" He yelled, tackling Youngbae to the ground.

Youngbae laughed and nuzzled into his neck.

"Happy birthday sweetheart." He whispered.

Daesung started crying, happy tears. He refused to let go of Youngbae. All the doubts he had, and all the anger and sadness he felt towards Youngbae, washed away immediately just from the warmth of Youngbae's arms around him once again.

"I-i thought you couldn't come because of work?" Daesung asked, quietly.

Youngbae smiled and lifted his chin gently. He kissed his lips lightly.

"I love you. You are way more important than work or anything else." Youngbae muttered.

Daesung smiled, and kissed back.

"I love you so much." He whispered.