Chapter 9

Will we ever be ok?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was the day of the baby shower and Jimin was bouncing around, thriving with energy. He was so excited to finally be able to see all his friends again, it been so long and he missed everyone of them terribly. But as much as he was excited, he was also just as worried. The worry underlay the happiness, but it was still there right in the forefront of his mind. He was worried that something would happen when he saw his hyungs. Maybe Taehyung had told them all about what Jungkook had done and this was some sort of set up? Maybe Jimin would have a breakdown in front of them and end up worrying them all and angering Jungkook? Maybe the baby would actually come early? There were so many "maybes" running through his head at any given moment that he almost felt nauseated.

“Jimin, you ready to go?” Jungkook asked from outside the bathroom door. Jimin looked at himself in the mirror one more time taking in his appearance. He was wearing a pair of dark blue jeans with a couple of holes in them near the knees, along with a blue short-sleeved maternity shirt. He had applied a light amount of makeup to his face and had brushed his hair so it didn’t look messy.

“Yea,” Jimin responded as he turned and opened the door. He looked up at Jungkook who was right in front of the door, blocking the way out. Jungkook stared down at him for a moment before wrapping his arms around Jimin and leaning down to kiss him.

“You look really beautiful today,” Jungkook said once he pulled away, his fingers rubbing circles against Jimin’s hips.

“Thank you,” Jimin said looking down.

“Well, it’s time to go I suppose. Remember, this was supposed to be a surprise baby shower, so act surprised when we see them,” Jungkook reminded and Jimin nodded. Jungkook took ahold of his hand and then pulled him along towards the front door. Making sure to block Jimin’s view of the padlock, Jungkook input the code and then opened the door. He led Jimin towards the elevator since he didn’t want Jimin to be walking down seven flights of stairs. Once they’d reached the ground floor, Jungkook led the way to the parking garage. When they reached Jungkook’s car, he opened the passenger's side and helped Jimin in before closing the door and going to the driver’s side.

Once the two of them had their seatbelts on, Jungkook backed out of the parking spot and then began to drive them to the location of where the baby shower was supposed to happen. As Jungkook drove, Jimin couldn’t help but remember the first time Jungkook had taken him outside after having basically kidnapped him. That day had been a tragedy and Jimin wouldn’t ever forget it.

It had been about two weeks after Jungkook had moved them to the new flat in Busan to get away from Jin hyung. In those two weeks, Jimin had been the perfect doll for Jungkook and as a reward, Jungkook had decided to take him outside to go shopping together at the mall.

“Jimin, since you’ve been so well-behaved lately, I want to take you out. Let’s have a small date at the mall? We can go to all your favorite stores and you can even buy anything you want, ok?” Jungkook asked Jimin around noon on a Saturday morning. Jimin had been surprised at first but he’d quickly nodded, thinking this might be a chance to escape.

“Good. But before that, let me list some rules you’ll follow while we’re out. First, you are not to leave my side. Not even for a moment. Second, if anyone tries to talk to you, you should pretend to be mute or just let me talk to them. I don’t want you saying anything to anyone if you can avoid it. And third, don’t act up. Don’t try to be smart. You know what would make me angry so I suggest you don’t do those things. You’ve been doing so good lately, just keep it up, and we’ll have no problems. Understand?” Jungkook questioned, his stare harsh and absolute.

“I-I understand,” Jimin stuttered out quietly while nodding. Jungkook gave him a small smile and then hugged him.

“That’s my good Jimin,” Jungkook whispered as he pet Jimin’s hair, Jimin did his best not to flinch or try and move away.

“Now go get ready. As soon as you change into something more decent, we’ll go,” Jungkook continued as he let Jimin go and nudged him towards the bedroom. Jimin quickly went into the bedroom to change out of his pajamas and into more proper clothes. Once he was finished he exited the bedroom and went to the living room. He stood in front of Jungkook, who was sitting on the couch absentmindedly tapping at his phone. When the younger saw the elder come to stand in front of him, he looked Jimin up and down. Satisfied with the clothing choice Jimin had made, he got up and took a hold of Jimin’s hand.

“Remember, behave,” Jungkook said as he grabbed his wallet off the small table by the door and then proceeded to block Jimin’s view while typing in the code to the padlock. After opening the door, he led the way out since Jimin didn’t know where they were or where they were headed.

While Jungkook led the way to the cars, Jimin made sure to try and account every small detail about the building they lived in and commit it to memory. He took in everything with a fresh pair of eyes and tried to be discreet about what he was doing so Jungkook wouldn’t suspect anything.

They soon reached the car and Jungkook helped Jimin in before heading to the driver's side and sliding in. He started the car and then they were on their way to the mall. Jimin looked out the window as the car moved, he was focused on the street signs as he tried to figure out where they were and where they might live. Jimin’s goal was to remember as much as he could so that if he ever did manage to escape, he’d know where to go.

But by the time they reached the mall Jimin had given up on remembering all the streets as the route had been too confusing with way too many turns. Jimin had a suspicion that Jungkook purposely took a long complicated route to the mall in order to throw Jimin off, and Jimin was sad to say that it worked.

The two got out of the car and then went into the mall. Jungkook asked Jimin where he’d like to go and so Jimin looked around at all the different shops. He finally picked a name brand store that seemed to be relatively busy. Jungkook frowned slightly when he noticed how many people were in the store Jimin picked but gave in any way. The two walked towards the shop and went inside. Jungkook led Jimin towards the men section and told him to pick anything he wanted. Jimin scanned the many shirts on display and made a show of really considering the things he looked at but what Jimin was really doing was formulating a plan in his head.

After picking a few shirts and jeans out, Jimin turned to Jungkook, who was also looking at the products the shop had to offer. “Kookie… can I go to the change room and try these on?” Jimin asked. Jungkook looked up from the shirt he was inspecting and nodded. He took a hold of Jimin’s hand and led him towards the change room where a small line was formed. They waited patiently and then went in when it was their turn.

“C-can you wait outside while I try them on?” Jimin requested when Jungkook followed him into the change room. Jungkook pursed his lips together and Jimin was afraid Jungkook would say no and maybe even consider his request an act of disobedience. If Jungkook felt that way about Jimin’s actions, Jimin was going to be in a lot of trouble.

“I’m not going to wait outside, but since you want privacy, I’ll wait right outside the door, ok?” Jungkook bargained and Jimin accepted, knowing he wouldn't get a better offer. And so Jungkook left Jimin alone and stood right outside the door. Jimin turned to the mirror and bit his lip thinking of what he could do to try and make Jungkook leave. He just needed the younger to leave for a few seconds.

Looking at the pile of clothes in his hands, he got an idea. He quickly fished out the smallest shirt he’d picked up and opened the cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter