Chapter 14

Will we ever be ok?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 After telling the doctor everything, she left to do what needed to be done to help Jimin, instructing Jimin to wait and promising he’d be ok. Jimin just nodded and held on tightly to his newborn, taking comfort in her presence and hoping for the best. He really felt like he had a chance this time. This time he might actually get away. The constant fear and worry would finally be put away for a while at least if things went right.

The more he thought about Jungkook being put in prison the more he wondered what he’d do without him. Thinking about it logically now that there was a chance to get away he wondered how he’d live on his own with a daughter to raise by himself. Jungkook had been providing for him for a year now. For a whole year, Jimin had been unable to work, study, or do much of anything productive. He’d danced around the flat when he’d feel up to it but even then he hadn’t been keeping in practice with dance especially once his baby bump started forming. He’d been kept away from society for a whole year and he wasn’t sure how long it would take him to assimilate back into it.

If Jungkook was sent away, where would he go? He wasn’t sure what happened to his bank account in the year. Last he remembered, he’d had just enough to pay for another month’s rent and about a couple hundred to spare for leisure use. If he still had that money, that wasn’t enough. It wouldn’t be enough to get himself a new apartment and all the things he’d need to take care of Sukja. And how was he going to take care of her? He couldn’t get a good job to provide for her without a degree and he was now a year behind in his studies if he decided to pick them up again. But the bigger issue to continuing his studies was that he wasn’t sure if he could get the scholarship he was on back. If he had to pay for his schooling, then he’d never have the chance to finish his degree… and even then would he have time for schooling with a newborn to raise? Jimin knew newborns needed a lot of attention and if he did manage to get a job, he wouldn’t have the time to give her all the attention she’d need either way. Jimin knew that he’d have his friends to help him out, but he didn’t want to be a burden for them.

About a minute after the doctor left, his friends came filing back in, Jungkook being the first one. The youngest went straight to Jimin and sat down on the bed close to him.

“What did she want to talk about?” Jungkook asked Jimin as he motioned for Jimin to let him hold their daughter. Jimin was reluctant to give Sukja to Jungkook but did so anyway as he shook his head in response to the younger’s question.

“There’s no way you spent that long talking to her about nothing. Come on Jiminie what happened? Are you ok? There wasn’t some sort of complication that was the result of the surgery was there?” Jungkook asked sounding genuinely worried.

“There wasn’t and she really didn’t talk about anything important..” Jimin said quietly not daring to look up at Jungkook, the reality of what he’d done finally setting in completely. He became tense as he felt Jungkook’s finger’s brush against his hair moving it out of his face.

“Really Jimin?” Jungkook asked sounding more concerned and a quick glance up showed Jimin the younger really was concerned.

“You were talking to her for over fifteen minutes, surely it was important?” Namjoon spoke up pointing out why it was hard for them to believe nothing important had been discussed.

“It was just about how I should take care of Sukja and myself,” Jimin said as an excuse.

“I’m pretty sure she wouldn’t have kicked us out for such a conversation,” Hoseok said, raising an eyebrow.

“I-it was more about taking care of m-myself... she gave me information on what I should do to lose this belly… and how what I eat affects the milk I produce,” Jimin attempted another lie, hoping this one sounded more convincing.

“Jimin, why are you trying to hide what your conversation was about?” Jungkook asked, his voice suddenly taking on an edge to it.

“I-I’m not,” Jimin replied feeling his breath catching in his chest as fear began to seep in. He didn’t want Jungkook to have even the remotest idea of what had happened until someone had him in custody. If he figured it out before then, Jimin worried Jungkook would figure out how to get away with it.

“Hey we shouldn’t push, whatever they discussed could be private or something Jiminie doesn’t want to share just yet,” Jin said looking at the others disappointedly. “Give him space,” Jin instructed, and since he was the eldest the others listened.

There was a tense silence for a few seconds before Sukja began crying again. Jungkook cooed at the infant and rocked her but she didn’t quiet down. Jimin asked to hold her again and Jungkook handed her over just as two officers entered the room, startling everyone.

“Would Mr. Jeon please come with us? Jeon Jungkook,” the taller black

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter