Chapter 4

Will we ever be ok?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~A/N: A look into the past

Jimin would never have expected Jungkook to be abusive when they first met back in college. Jimin was a junior and Jungkook was a freshman. They had been introduced to each other by Taehyung, Jimin’s best friend who also happened to be a rising model and actor.

“This here is Jungkook, but I call him Jungkookie because he’s just so adorable!” Taehyung said pulling Jungkook forward to meet Jimin.

“And this Jungkookie is my soulmate Jiminie! Isn’t he just the cutest thing you’ve ever seen? Can you believe he’s actually older than me?” Taehyung said as he pinched the elder’s cheeks. Jimin swatted his hand away and pouted before turning to face Jungkook.

“Hi, nice to meet you.” Jimin said with an eye smile as he held out his hand. Jungkook gulped, amazed by Jimin’s bright smile. He took Jimin’s hand gently and shook it shocked by how soft the skin was. Jungkook wondered briefly if Jimin was single.

“Well now that I’ve introduced the two of you, I’m going to have to leave. Sorry I wanted to hang out but I got called to do a shooting near by and can’t skip it. But you two should hang out and get to know each other!” Taehyung said.

“I mean we might as well...that is if you’re up for it?” Jimin asked looking at Jungkook shyly.

“Ah sure…” Jungkook responded somewhat dumbly as he rubbed the back of his neck. Jimin gave him another bright smile and Jungkook returned it with a small one of his own. After that Taehyung left and the other two began to make small talk. They got to know each other well and Jungkook learned quickly that Jimin was, in fact, single.

A month passed by and the two became friends, really really close friends. Then one day out of the blue, Jimin asked Jungkook out on a date. The younger had been surprised but quickly agreed to it. And two days later, they were officially boyfriends. Jimin was happy about the new relationship and showered the younger with love and devotion. Jungkook loved the attention he received and relished in his hyung’s presence. He doted on the elder and spoiled him silly. Jungkook knew from the moment Jimin had asked him out that he’d never let go of the elder. He wanted to marry Jimin and keep him by his side forever and so he aimed to get Jimin pregnant with his child. The way he saw it, if Jimin ended up having his child, Jimin would stay with him forever. So Jungkook made sure to be a good boyfriend and they did all the normal romantic things couples did together. They went on dates and brought each other gifts. It was all very sweet and endearing to any outside observer. No one would have suspected the dark thoughts roaming through Jungkook’s mind.

“Hyung, move in with me.” Jungkook said on one of their dates only a few weeks into their relationship. Jimin blinked up at him in complete surprise by the sudden statement but gave him an apologetic smile a second later.

“I’d love to Kookie, but it’s only been three weeks; it’s too soon, so not yet.” Jimin had responded dismissing Jungkook’s request. Jungkook frowned not liking the answer Jimin had given. It wasn’t too soon, in fact, if anything, he’d already waited too long in asking. But Jungkook didn’t say any of this, he pretended to agree with the elder and carried on with their date, promising himself he’d ask another day and wouldn’t settle for a no.

A week after he first asked Jimin to move in with him Jungkook saw Jimin at school speaking with one of their seniors. Jungkook had been walking towards Jimin’s class intent on asking the older to go with him on another date when he spotted Jimin walking with Taemin. The two were talking and Jimin was smiling at Taemin and also giggling at something Taemin said. Jungkook hid in a corner and listened in on their conversation.

“It’s so hard to believe you’re already taken Jiminie. Aish I wish I hadn’t waited this long to confess to you.” Taemin said and Jungkook’s blood began to boil.

“Sorry hyung. But you asked too late. Honestly, I used to have a crush on you too.” Jimin said with an apologetic smile.

“Aww, so I had a chance but blew it?” Taemin asked teasingly to which Jimin giggled and nodded.

“Well I guess there’s nothing I can do about it now. But should you two ever break up, just know I’m still an option.” Taemin said and Jimin nodded.

“I’ll keep that in mind, but I think it would be better for you to move on since I don’t think things will go wrong with Jungkook...and I really like him,” Jimin said.

“You never know Jiminie. You might even end up breaking up tomorrow.”

“Don’t jinx us!”

“Haha, I’m just kidding. I’m happy for you and wish you all the best.”

“Thanks, hyung,” Jimin said smiling brightly.

Jungkook walked away mad out of his mind. How dare that Taemin dude confess to Jimin? How dare Jimin even admit that he used to have a crush on that guy? How dare Jimin be friendly to him? Jimin was his, HIS. He wouldn’t stand for this. No. He had to make sure he didn’t leave Jimin alone anymore. And so Jungkook started following Jimin around everywhere he went. If Jimin was going out, even if it was just for groceries, Jungkook would go with him. He clung to Jimin almost 24/7, he stayed over at the elder's apartment for days on end, only going back home when he absolutely needed to.

While Jimin loved having Jungkook’s attention, he had to admit he was getting rather tired of being followed around. He had no room to breath, wherever he went Jungkook was sure to follow. It had been happening for over a week and was a bit annoying. So Jimin finally decided to bring up his irritation the next day when Jungkook followed him into the restrooms at school.

“Jungkookie, I think we should take a break,” Jimin said.

“A break?” Jungkook asked confused.

“Yea...um...I think we both need to stop seeing each other for a bit.” Jimin said.

“What, like break up?” Jungkook asked tone hardening.

“No! Not break up...just a small break. You...well you’ve been following me around everywhere I go and I kind of just need some space Kookie.” Jimin finally admitted.

“Well I wouldn’t follow you around if you’d just agree to move in with me already.” Jungkook countered bringing up the issue yet again. For the past week he kept on asking the elder to move in with him, ever since he’d heard Taemin confess to Jimin.

“I told you Kookie, it’s too soon. And how is me moving in with you going to help me get some space?” Jimin questioned irritated.

“If you moved in with me I wouldn’t have to worry about when you go out and who would be coming over when I’m not there and things like that,” Jungkook answered.

“...how does that even concern you. Kookie, I have my own life. I can make my own decisions about those things. You don’t own me.” Jimin said harshly.

“I never said I did.” Jungkook defended.

“Well you sure act like it! You always tell me I shouldn’t go out, you follow me if I do. You don’t like it when I meet up with my friends alone, you insist on going with me to all my club meetings, you even follow me to my classes sometimes! You hardly ever leave me alone! Why do you do that?!”

“I’m just making sure nothing happens to you! I don’t trust your friends!”

“What the hell?! You don’t trust my friends?! What’s there not to trust about them?! I’ve known them much longer than I’ve known you so I’m 100% sure that they are trustworthy!”

“Well they don’t seem like it to me! I’ve seen the way some of them look at you! They might try to take you away from me!”

“Seriously? Do you not trust me? You think I'd actually cheat on you?!” Jimin shouted.

After that, it turned into a full-on argument, with both of them shouting at each other until Jimin finally gave up.

“Fine you know what! We’re done! Delete my number and don’t look for me!” Jimin yelled and walked out of the bathroom furious with the younger.

Jungkook just watched him leave, eyes wide and mouth open in disbelief. No way. Jimin didn’t just leave him. He couldn’t. He wasn’t allowed to! Jungkook rushed out of the bathroom and raced back to his loft to plan. He installed the padlock into his loft that day. The next day he went over to Jimin’s apartment since the elder hadn’t responded to a single text or phone call. When Jimin opened the door he looked surprised to see Jungkook there but his expression quickly turned into one of irritation.

“What do you want?” Jimin asked him.

“I’m sorry for my behavior as of late Jimin. I didn’t realize how irritating it was for you...please forgive me?” Jungkook pleaded.

“Do you trust me enough to let me go out with my friends alone?” Jimin asked

“...yes,” Jungkook answered.

“Will you stop following me around everywhere?”

“Yes.”

“Will you try to get along with my friends from now on?”

“Yea.”

“Then...Apology accepted.” Jimin said breaking out into a small smile.

“Really?” Jungkook asked surprised he’d been forgiven so easily.

“Yea,” Jimi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter