Chapter 15

Will we ever be ok?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Jungkook ended up doing exactly as Jimin had said he would. So the number had been called and Jimin’s fake condition had been confirmed, but after the psychiatrist at the hospital examined Jimin, he’d declared him perfectly normal except for having slight depression and a bit of PTSD from the very recent trauma he’d been experiencing for a year. Once that declaration had been made, Jungkook was taken to jail and Jimin stayed with Jin and Namjoon. He stayed at their hotel since he didn’t want to go back to the apartment Jungkook had kept him locked up in for so long. The soon to be married couple took care of both Jimin and Sukja, caring for the two as much as possible.

A couple of weeks passed with Jimin trying to adjust to suddenly being away from Jungkook while taking care of his newborn. Some days he’d wake up thinking he was dreaming, that Jungkook wasn’t actually in jail, that his friends hadn’t ever found out. Some nights he’d dream about the year of solitude he’d experienced with Jungkook, he’d remember the good and the bad. He’d wake up in a cold sweat if he’d remember a particularly horrifying scene and begin crying silently, terrified that Jungkook would get out of jail and come after him. He’d spend those nights curled up in a ball or getting up and holding Sukja who managed to calm him down just by her presence.

On nights that he remembered a kind Jungkook and how sweet he could be at times, he’d wake up longing for those times, for that sweetness. He remembered a lot of the bad but as the weeks passed he’d also started remembering the countless good days he’d had with Jungkook as well, both before and after his abduction. With all those conflicting thoughts and emotions, Jimin felt very out of control and couldn’t figure out how to proceed with his life. He’d thought the whole time he was holed up in that flat that the moment he was free of Jungkook, he’d know exactly what he’d do with his freedom, but now that he was free, he had no idea what to do.

His hyungs always offered advice on things he could do, Jin and Namjoon big proponents of him going back to finish his degree. Hoseok and Yoongi had thought it would be better for Jimin to take some time to heal and thought he should find a few hobbies and interests to pursue while attending therapy. Taehyung just wanted Jimin to be happy so he told him he should do whatever he wanted and ultimately the others agree with Taehyung. But none of them understood that the damage that had been done was so great that Jimin wasn’t even sure of what he wanted anymore. He wasn’t sure what would make him happy. Only taking care of Sukja seemed to do that, though when she’d be asleep and no one was around, Jimin’s thoughts would often take dark turns, no one knew that but him of course.

It was currently the end of the third week he’d stayed with Jin and Namjoon and Jimin had just put Sukja to sleep when Jin came into the room.

“Hey, sweetie… I know I’m always asking but... do you want to talk about what happened?” Jin asked. Jin had asked this question multiple times throughout the weeks but Jimin had always refused. He still couldn’t bring himself to talk about any of it.

“No,” Jimin answered as he watched Sukja sleep beside him. Her small fingers wrapped around his pointer finger.

“Ok, I won’t push… but the therapist said it would be good for you to talk… also, I don’t know if you’re ready to hear this but… they’ve set a date for the trial,” Jin continued looking at Jimin, observing him for any changes.

“When?” Jimin asked not looking up at the elder.

“In another week.”

“Ok… you’re staying until then?” Jimin asked remembering they’d said they’d rented the hotel room for a month and the month would be up come next week.

“Of course, we’re not leaving this place until everything is settled and definitely not without you.”

“But… what if I don’t want to go?”

“You want to stay in Busan?” Jin asked confused. This was the first time Jimin had ever spoken about wanting to stay. Jin had been so certain Jimin would want to leave Busan the moment he could. He’d expected Jimin would want to come back with them to Seoul.

“I… I don’t know. I don’t know what exactly I want…” Jimin responded unsure of how to explain his thoughts. He’d been saying that phrase a lot whenever someone asked what he wanted to do. Jimin was pretty sure everyone was tired of hearing him say that and it made him feel guilty. Still, it was true, he really didn’t know if he wanted to leave or stay. On the one hand, he wanted to be away from this city which would always be a reminder of all the painful things he’d endured but on the other, it was still his birthplace and Sukja’s as well. He remembered his childhood in Busan and he sort of wanted to raise Sukja in Busan just as he’d been raised. And… even if Jimin didn’t say it… Jungkook was Sukja’s father and Sukja… she deserved to at least know who he was, right? Even if Jimin wanted to erase him from his life, he didn’t know if that was right for Sukja, she’d grow up and question him eventually about her father. And Jimin wasn’t sure what he’d tell her when that time came.

“It’s ok Jimin… if you want to stay… we’ll… we’ll figure something out,” Jin responded patting Jimin’s head in reassurance. Jin didn’t understand what Jimin felt exactly, he didn’t think he could ever fully understand. All the same, he didn’t think he should dictate any decisions, he wanted to make Jimin feel at ease so he’d listen to anything and everything that Jimin decided, even if the younger was often indecisive at the moment.

“Thanks, hyung,” Jimin responded lightly.

“Anytime Jiminie, you know I’m here for you to help with whatever you need,” Jin said and Jimin nodded knowing it was true. In the weeks he’d spent with the elder he’d realized just how much he’d missed Jin. Jin had made sure to take Jimin out as often as possible so Jimin wouldn’t stay inside all the time and wallow in his thoughts. He cooked for Jimin, making the younger all his favorite meals and making sure he ate lots. Jin spent as much time with Jimin as possible just so Jimin wouldn’t feel lonely.

“By the way… are you ok with testifying?” Jin asked coming to sit beside Jimin and gently wrap his arms around the younger.

“I have to… don’t I?” Jimin whispered.

“It would help them put him away,” Jin whispered back and then shook his head, “but if it’s too much then no, you don’t have to testify… do you not want to?”

“I’m… I’m scared too… what if he… what if he doesn’t get a lifetime sentence… I looked it up and domestic abuse cases usually don’t have a lifetime sentence, it’s really really rare… so when he gets out… what if he comes for me and Sukja?” Jimin responded voicing his worries which had persisted from the time he’d asked the doctor the same question.

“We’ll make sure he doesn’t come near you,” Jin assured, but it didn’t help Jimin feel any better. If he were, to be honest, he wasn’t even sure if he wanted to be kept away from Jungkook sometimes. One moment he felt like he never wanted to see the younger ever again, but then the next he’d long to be with Jungkook again. Jimin was almost certain he had a bit of Stockholm syndrome going on but didn’t want anyone to know since he was afraid of being judged for it.

Before he became pregnant he’d been adamant in getting away, but when he’d learned of Sukja’s existence he’d been less adamant… instead, he had wanted things to work and to have a happy normal life, a normal family. And for a little, while he’d thought maybe it was possible, Jungkook had been nicer, hadn’t been physically abusive, had cared for him throughout the pregnancy (though he’d gone overboard in some aspects). But in the end, Jungkook was still unwilling to give Jimin any freedom, which had made it impossible for Jimin’s wish to come true.

“Don’t think too much about it right now Jimin, we’ll face each hurdle as they come ok?” Jin said and Jimin nodded sinking into the elder’s warmth and taking the comfort Jin was offering him.

The days passed without much incident, Jimin stayed inside and took care of Sukja who didn’t really give him much trouble but a lot of joy. Despite the fact she’d been the result of an abusive relationship, Jimin loved her and took comfort in her presence, he was glad to have her. He was especially thankful that his motherly instincts had kicked in to cause him to bond with her instead of seeing her as a product of an unhappy time of his life.

“Jiminie?” Namjoon’s voice called out to him the morning before the trial. Jimin stirred from his slumber and slowly opened his eyes to look up at Namjoon.

“Yes hyung?” Jimin responded sleepily. Namjoon gently smiled down at him, before ruffling his hair.

“It’s time to get up Jiminie. Jin’s made breakfast and wants us to get ready for the trial so we can be done with it as soon as possible,” Namjoon said softly as he softly petted Jimin’s cheek. Jimin hummed in acknowledgment lazily closing his eyes before opening it a few seconds later. He yawned and then slowly sat up while stretching, Namjoon went over to the bassinet and picked Sukja up since the infant had begun crying.

“Go take a shower Jimin and get ready to go out, Jin and I will feed Sukja in the meantime,” Namjoon said and Jimin nodded as he got up from the bed and padded over to Namjoon and his baby, he gently pressed a kiss to Sukja’s forehead and smiled at Namjoon before heading off towards the bathroom.

After going through his morning routine and taking a shower he headed into the kitchen to find Taehyung there playing with Sukja in his arms. He smiled seeing his best friend with his daughter. “Good morning,” Jimin said to get the younger’s attention. Taehyung looked up and beamed at him replying with his own enthusiastic “good morning!”

“Sit here and begin eating, Jimin,” Jin said placing a plate of omelet and a serving of pancakes onto the table.

“What about you all?” Jimin asked as he took a seat in front of the plate of food and grabbed a fork.

“Namjoon hyung and I ate while you were getting ready,” Taehyung answered.

“I’m eating with you,” Jin answered bringing another plate of food for himself and sitting next to Jimin.

“Where’s Namjoon hyung?” Jimin questioned noticing he wasn’t there.

“Changing,” Taehyung answered before making more silly faces at Sukja who cooed at him.

“Are you ready for today?” Jin asked cautiously as he placed a hand over Jimin’s and rubbed it thoughtfully.

Jimin merely nodded as he took a bite of his food. He wasn’t feeling distressed at the very least. He wasn’t feeling good but he wasn’t about to throw up or have a panic attack. He just… well, he wasn’t sure how to explain the way he felt. Maybe his feelings would best be described as dread for the upcoming trial, of facing Jungkook again, of testifying. He was dreading the moment he’d have to get on the witness stand and stare at Jungkook while telling the court what the younger had subjected him to. He was also feeling dread over how he’d end up feeling when it was all said and done. His feelings were still uncertain and he wondered if they’d be clearer after the ordeal.

Swallowing the food in his mouth, Jimin washed it down with the mango juice Jin had provided before asking, “When do we have to be the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter