Chapter 5

Will we ever be ok?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook didn’t come out of their room for the rest of the day. Jimin worried that when the younger would finally come out that he would still be in a bad mood. And if Jungkook was in a bad mood it would only mean trouble for Jimin. Maybe Jungkook didn’t hit him anymore but that didn’t mean Jimin didn’t worry that the younger would go back to doing so if angered enough. These thoughts kept troubling Jimin as he rubbed his swollen belly wishing that things hadn’t turned out like this. He still remembered the time before Jungkook had done any of this, how he’d been so sweet towards him and how Jimin had genuinely liked the younger.

“Why did it have to turn out like this?....Why did Jungkook do this?” Jimin asked himself but he had never found out the answer to these questions. He was too afraid to even ask Jungkook why he’d done what he’d done. He knew it couldn’t be just because he didn’t want to move in with the younger at the time, and he also figured it wasn’t just because the younger didn’t like his friends. He was sure something had triggered Jungkook to do this to him, but what was that trigger? But did it even matter if Jimin knew? It wasn’t like he could do anything now so it probably didn’t. Still, Jimin always wondered and often wanted to ask. He wanted to know how things ended up like this because he always felt like all of this might have been avoided if he’d done something different in the past. If he somehow hadn’t triggered Jungkook.

Jimin sighed again before slowly getting up and making his way to the kitchen. He was hungry but wasn’t sure what he should eat. He opened the fridge and looked over the things stored in there, but didn’t find anything he’d like to eat. He looked around the kitchen and as he saw the different foods they had, he began thinking about a dish his mother used to make for him and began craving it.

“I could try to make it...but…” Jimin sighed looking at the top shelf where the pot he needed was kept since they rarely used it. He looked around the kitchen and then went out to the circular dining table where three chairs were set around it. He took one of the chairs and dragged it to the kitchen. He carefully stood up on it and balanced himself before getting up on the countertop. He then reached for the pot and grabbed it bringing it out of the cupboard. But as he pulled it out, he ended up knocking a few glass bowls that were next to the pot. The bowls went crashing to the floor and startled him so much he dropped the pot too, which barely missed his toes as it fell to the floor.

“What happened?!” He heard Jungkook yell as he came rushing out of the room, eyes blown wide and fear clearly etched in his face. Jimin looked at him and then he began to cry fearing Jungkook would get mad and hurt him somehow. He began spewing out apologize.

“I'm sorry! I-I di-didn’t mean to! I j-just wan-wanted to g-get the p-pot. I'm s-sorry. I-I’ll cl-clean it up.” Jimin said and hastily began to get off the counter and onto the chair.

“Stop!” Jungkook yelled sounding panicked. Jimin immediately stood still, one hand on the counter and one foot almost touching the floor, tears still running down his face as he gazed up at the other in fear.

“Don't move,” Jungkook said and went to grab a dustpan and broom.

“Y-you don't need to, I-I said I-I’ll do it,” Jimin said as Jungkook came closer and began sweeping the broken glass. Jungkook looked up at him quickly and shook his head.

“No, you just sit there until I'm done. I'm not risking letting you get hurt while cleaning this….what did you want that pot for anyway?” Jungkook asked.

“I...I was h-hungry...and I w-wanted to make this special recipe my m-mom used to make.” Jimin answered sniffling and wiping his eyes as he sat down on the chair more comfortably while Jungkook worked on cleaning up all the glass.

“What is the dish your mom used to make? And how do you make it?” Jungkook asked and Jimin described the dish to him. Jungkook listened and once he finished making sure all the glass shards were gone, he picked up the pot and set it on the stove. He then went to the fridge and began pulling out a bunch of ingredients and placed them on a cutting board in front of Jimin along with a knife.

“Be careful not to cut your fingers,” Jungkook said as he leaned forward and kissed Jimin’s cheek. Jimin was confused but didn’t say anything. He expected Jungkook to be mad at him for breaking the glass or to yell at him for not being careful, what he hadn’t expected was that Jungkook would ignore what just happened and help him make the dish he’d described. Jimin picked up the knife and carefully began cutting the ingredients as Jungkook grabbed another cutting board and knife and came to stand beside him. He took some of the vegetables and began to dice them into little pieces.

“If you get tired just stop, I can do this on my own if need be. I can’t guarantee it would be like your mom’s but I’ll try my best ok?” Jungkook asked as he continued cutting sneaking a quick glance to see Jimin nod. Jimin finished cutting half of the vegetables while Jungkook had already finished cutting the other half and started heating up the pan.

“Ko-Kookie?” Jimin called out. Jungkook hummed looking at him quickly before turning back to the pot to stir the on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter