Epilogue 2

Will we ever be ok?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~A/N: This is the epilogue for end 2 (Chapter 16). So if you liked that ending read on. 

 

"We're here to see Jeon Jungkook," Jimin said to the receptionist as he stood before the table with his six year old daughter in his arms. Sukja was resting against Jimin's shoulder and playing with a stuffed bunny in her arms as she waited to see her other father.

"Ah yea, you're here early today? Anyway, right this way," one of the prison guards said as he led the way. Most of the staff at the prison had grown used to seeing Jimin as he would come biweekly to see Jungkook at this point. Before his visits had been more sparse but over the last two years, he'd become a regular.

"Wait here, he'll be here shortly," The guard said taking him into the room he'd always see Jungkook in. Jimin nodded and sat down. He lowered Sukja so she sat in his lap. Sukja looked around the room and then at Jimin before asking, "Daddy's not coming?"

"Daddy will be here soon like always, sweetheart," Jimin reassured his little girl who then began looking at the door expectantly.

Jimin was still grateful every day that Sukja had grown this much and so well. When he'd come to ask Jungkook for money for the surgery he'd still feared she wouldn't make it. But she had, she'd had the surgery a week after Jimin had obtained the money. After the surgery, Sukja had to stay in the hospital for another two months to be watched and for the doctors to make sure everything was ok and that she'd continue to develop normally. Once Sukja was discharged from the hospital Jimin had returned to see Jungkook and update him about Sukja's condition and since then they had established a routine to meet up every few weeks until two years ago when it became a more weekly and then biweekly thing. It had developed into a biweekly thing because Sukja wanted to see her father more often.

The little girl didn't understand why her parents weren't living together but she adored Jungkook and wanted to constantly see him. And each time they came, Sukja would stare at the door until Jungkook was walking through them if the younger wasn't already in the room when they arrived. Like today, she stared at the door and barely blinked until Jungkook was walking in through the doors a minute after they had arrived. Sukja quickly jumped out of Jimin's lap and ran towards her father. Jungkook smiled at her and bent down to hold her.

"Hey there princess, how have you been?" Jungkook asked her as he lifted her up into his arms and made his way over to where Jimin sat.

"Good daddy! But I missed daddy!" Sukja responded as she hugged Jungkook again. Jungkook chuckled as he took a seat next to Jimin. Jimin smiled at the two of them, he enjoyed seeing Sukja and Jungkook together because they really looked like father and daughter.

"And daddy missed his little princess," Jungkook responded placing a kiss on Sukja's temple eliciting a giggle from the little girl. Sukja absolutely adored attention and loved receiving hugs and kisses from family.

"When will daddy come home? You promised it would be soon papa!" Sukja whined looking back at Jimin with a pout on her face. Jungkook looked at Jimin who glanced back at him before looking at his little girl again.

"I know sweetheart and I meant it, we just have to be patient for a little longer," Jimin replied as he ruffled his daughter's hair.

"Why can't daddy just leave! Why does daddy have to stay here and away from us papa?" Sukja demanded to know as neither parents had yet explained what had happened or that the place Jungkook was in was actually a prison.

"Honey please try to understand, daddy can't just leave because if he does then he won't ever be able to see us again at all," Jimin tried to explain without going into details; that was a talk for another day hopefully far off in the future. "Just be a little more patient sweetie, daddy is trying to work out an arrangement so he can leave," Jimin continued.

"How much longer?" Sukja asked with a whine, she'd already been waiting for so long, six years and two months to be exact.

"Maybe another week princess, daddy is trying to come home as fast as he can for you ok?" Jungkook said as he lightly patted Sukja's chubby cheek.

"A week?" Jimin asked surprised. He knew Jungkook had been working with his lawyer to reduce the sentence and possibly be let off early due to good behavior for years now, but he hadn't thought it would be that soon.

Jungkook nodded, "yea, I've got another hearing with the judge tomorrow and then it will be finalized. If I'm lucky I'll only have to stay here a week and then I'll be released on the promise I continue my therapy session on a biweekly base... and worst case I stay another month."

"Oh..." Jimin responded while Sukja cheered. Jimin wanted to be happy that Jungkook might be released in a week, after all, they'd been spending more than five years trying to fix their relationship. Jungkook had been doing his best to gain Jimin's trust and had, for the most part, convinced the elder that he was a changed man. But Jimin was still doubtful at the roots of his belief. It was one thing for Jungkook to earn his trust while in prison; it was a whole nother out in the real world where Jimin would be much more vulnerable.

"Yea..." Jungkook started but trailed off as he looked at Jimin's expression. He could see the hints of fear and worry in the shorter's expression and he knew Jimin had every right to be worried.

"Hey princess, mind giving me a moment to speak with your papa alone?" Jungkook asked Sukja who nodded and hopped out of Jungkook lap. Taking her stuffed rabbit and the backpack Jimin had brought with her, she ran off to the table at the farthest edge of the room and sat down. She'd grown used to doing this as there were many times that her parents wanted to talk privately, and while she didn't understand why she knew better than to ask; and so she just did as told because her papa would always reward her afterward. She was sitting in the only spot that she'd be out of earshot so long as Jimin and Jungkook talked in more subdued voices. Jungkook turned back to Jimin once he saw Sukja begin to hum to herself and pull out her notebook and crayons from the backpack.

"Hey, I know this is sudden... and I get it if you'd prefer I don't move in with you two right away... I can find a place nearby until you're ready to have me move in if that's what you want?" Jungkook offered sincerely.

Jimin bit his lip while considering the offer before shaking his head, "No... it's ok; besides Sukja would question why you're still not living with us as she does now."

"We can figure out some way to explain it to her, don't worry about that. What matters most right now is you and how you feel about me. I don't want you to be uncomfortable around me or worse... scared of me... not anymore."

"I... I know you've changed in the last five years but I can't help it... I'm still scared deep down that when you're free, you'll go back to the way you were."

"It's a reasonable fear Jimin, I don't blame you for it... but that's why we have the prenup... if I go back on my word you have assurance this time that you can get away from me."

"That's..." Jimin paused.

"That's what?" Jungkook prompted wanting Jimin to continue.

"That's another thing... um... Jin hyung and Taehyung don't like the idea... they aren't outright saying I shouldn't do this but they are cautioning me and... I don't know... without their support I..., I just don't how to explain it," Jimin sighed as he looked down at his hands which were folded across his lap.

Jungkook remained silent for a few minutes before finally speaking up, "Would... would they be up to meet me here?" the younger asked.

Jimin looked up at him and furrowed his eyebrows wondering why Jungkook was asking that. "I'm.... I'm not sure but I can ask them too... why though?" Jimin responded

"I want to talk with them... I can tell their support is vital for you so I should see if their willing to at least give me a chance and for that, I need to talk with them... so could you please try to convince them to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter