Chapter 8

Will we ever be ok?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another week passed by with little development. Jungkook hadn’t allowed him any more phone time but had allowed him to send and check all his text messages every night so long as Jungkook approved them. Jimin had texted Hoseok and Yoongi about his pregnancy only to learn they’d gotten the news from Jin. He’d received congratulatory messages from all his hyungs and questions about when they’d be able to come visit them. Jungkook forced Jimin to give vague answers but promised that he would take Jimin to visit their hyungs soon. Jimin held onto that promise hoping Jungkook was serious.

He had texted Taehyung hesitantly not sure how to word things but had eventually settled with asking how his dad was. Taehyung had replied with a single answer of ‘Trying his best to get better’. After getting that text Jimin hadn’t texted him back because he really didn’t know how to text the other without arousing suspicion from Jungkook. So he let things be and focused on the other texts he would get from his hyungs. He was happy he’d been able to talk to them even if he was limited in the things he could say.

With only a week left till his due date, Jimin had spent most of his time huddled on the sofa with a book in his hands while Jungkook would be working away on his laptop or doing chores around the house. Jungkook had forbidden Jimin from doing anything until he gave birth. He didn’t let Jimin cook, clean the house, do the laundry, or anything else. Absolutely nothing. Being only a week away from giving birth was making Jungkook extra cautious. Jungkook did everything by himself because he didn’t want Jimin to exert himself so close to the end of his pregnancy. He didn’t want any accidents to occur and was just being extra cautious about everything.

But the lack of activity was making Jimin grow restless. He knew he was limited in the number of things he could do but not having anything to do was annoying. He could entertain himself with books and TV shows for so long before he would grow tired of it. He wanted something to do, something to keep his mind occupied, but there was nothing to do. Jungkook literally didn’t let him do anything. He was basically confined to the sofa or their bed, that’s how strict Jungkook was being with him and Jimin didn’t like it. But Jimin didn’t protest it because the one time he did try, he’d gotten scared when Jungkook’s voice had taken on a dark edge.

At the moment, Jimin watched Jungkook as he shut down his laptop and began stretching his arms. The younger groaned a little as he rolled his shoulders to loosen up his tense muscles. He glanced over at Jimin and Jimin immediately turned his attention back to his book. He heard Jungkook chuckle before he felt the sofa shift as Jungkook came and sat beside him. Jimin didn’t look up from his book as he felt Jungkook’s hands slowly grab a hold of his bent legs and pull them over his lap. The younger began to massage his leg and Jimin let him liking the feeling. His legs were always a little sore even if didn’t do much walking so massages always made him feel better.

“What do you want for dinner tonight?” Jungkook asked as he continued massaging Jimin’s legs gently, applying just the right amount of pressure to loosen up the muscles.

“Anything is fine,” Jimin replied quietly.

“Sure there’s nothing special I could make you?” Jungkook asked.

“No… I don’t have anything in particular that I want… just no fish.”

“Still nauseous from yesterday’s fish?”

“Not anymore… but I really don’t like the smell of it. Makes my stomach churn.”

“Guess our little girl doesn’t like seafood,” Jungkook said chuckling.

“I don’t know about that, I was craving shrimp for the longest time a while back,” Jimin responded.

“Hmm, that’s true… how about lasagna? You liked it when I made it last week.”

“That’s fine,” Jimin responded.

“Ok, I’ll get started on it now. Anything else you want in the meantime? Anything I can do for you?” Jungkook asked leaning forward and placing a gentle kiss on Jimin’s forehead.

Jimin shook his head. In all honesty, he wanted to ask if he could help but knew Jungkook would say no. Jungkook gently lifted Jimin’s legs off of his lap and got up before setting them down on the sofa. However Jungkook didn’t leave to go to the kitchen right away, instead, the younger got on his knees beside Jimin and leaned forward to kiss Jimin’s forehead while lightly rubbing at Jimin’s tummy above his shirt.

“I can’t believe we’ll have a new addition to our family in a little less than a week,” Jungkook whispered as he continued to caress Jimin’s stomach.

“Yea… it’s a little scary to think about…” Jimin responded softly.

“Scary?” Jungkook questioned with a frown not understanding why Jimin would be scared. “Why would it be scary?”

“Because… it’s a child… what if we mess up?” Jimin whispered. There was a moment of silence before Jimin felt Jungkook’s arms around his shoulders pulling him into the younger’s embrace.

“We won’t mess up baby. We’re ready for this, we’ve been preparing for this since we found out you were pregnant. We took online classes, we’ve shopped for baby clothes, we have the nursery set up. I’m sure we’re ready,” Jungkook said.

“But we don’t even have a name yet…” Jimin responded pulling away slightly.

“I’ve offered you many names, but you’ve rejected them all,” Jungkook replied with an accusatory edge to his voice.

“They… they just didn’t feel right.”

“What is wrong with Eunjung or Hyunjoo?”

“Nothing… I just don’t think it’s the right name for our daughter,” Jimin said with a frown. He didn’t know why he felt those names weren’t right, but he couldn’t help it. Eunjung which meant mercy and kindness was such a nice name with a nice meaning but it just didn’t feel right. Hyunjoo meaning virtuous was also a beautiful name. Jimin wanted their daughter to be kind and virtuous but he just didn’t feel her name should be either of those things.  

“And this is precisely why we don’t have a name for her yet,” Jungkook grumbled as he stood up and walked towards the kitchen.

Jimin sat in silence on the sofa, his book long forgotten on the ground. He let his thoughts wander as he listened to Jungkook shifting around in the kitchen as he prepared their dinner. He wanted the perfect name for their daughter but had no idea what that name was. He could think up a million different names but none of them seemed to be what he wanted, none of them were perfect for him. While he was lost in his thoughts he didn’t hear the phone ring until Jungkook called out to him.

“Jimin can you grab the phone and bring it to me,” Jungkook instructed. Jimin looked at the coffee table where he could see Jungkook’s phone vibrating and a loud ringing coming from it. He got up and grabbed the phone looking at the name on it and was surprised to see Taehyung’s name pop up.

“Tae’s calling,” Jimin said as he brought the phone to the younger.

“That’s rare...wonder what he wants,” Jungkook said as he answered the phone and turned away from Jimin. Jimin stood beside the kitchen table wanting to listen in on their conversation.

“Hello hyung,” Jungkook greeted Taehyung on the phone. Then a moment of silence followed in which Jimin grew tense wondering what Taehyung could be saying to Jungkook. He observed the younger trying to detect any change in Jungkook’s behavior but could see no visible change.

“No hyung. I don’t think that’s a good idea,” Jungkook said into the phone, a slight frown taking over his face as he turned to face Jimin.

    Jimin nibbled on his bottom lip growing anxious at the heavy stare and deepening frown that Jungkook was now displaying. Jungkook stayed silent while he stared at Jimin and listened to whatever it was Taehyung was saying.

“Really hyung there is no need. I appreciate the thought, but we’ve already had a baby shower,” Jungkook replied into the phone. Baby shower? Jimin hadn’t had one and the thought of having one hadn’t even crossed his mind. It wasn’t like he could have one anyway, who would he even invite? He knew no one here. Jungkook had made sure to keep him isolated.

    “Hyung please stop being so persistent, I said no,” Jungkook said into

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter