Chapter 20 [END]

As Long as You Love ME

 

***

 

It was the night of her official engagement. Feeling niya ay ito na ang huling gabi niya sa mundo. She was still not sure of her decision. But she doesn’t have a choice. She doesn’t want to disappoint her father. Most of all, she doesn’t want him to have a heart attack again.

She was on her way to the hotel, their engagement venue. Naghihintay na roon ang kanyang pamilya at ang mga Eusebio.

She can’t keep her tears from falling. It was the end of her and Alexander’s story. Her own fairy tale was over. Too bad, it doesn’t have a happy ending.

She looked at the ring on her finger. Hindi pa rin niya iyon tinatanggal sa kamay niya. Ito ang huling bagay na makapagpapaalala kay Xander.

The taxi stopped in front of Ki-ya Hotel. Mabigat ang mga paang bumaba siya. Pagpasok pa lamang sa lobby ay nakita na niya ang kanyang pamilya, si Uncle A, Aunt Chungmi at Victoria unnie. Her fiance’ was not yet around. Ilang metro lamang ang layo niya sa mga ito pero dahil mukhang nag-eenjoy ang mga ito sa kwentuhan ay hindi pa rin siya nito napapansin.

She was about to approach them when she heard someone.

“Lily-ah…” It was Xander. He almost whispered her name.

Lily froze. “What is he doing here?” At bakit sa dinami-rami ng lugar ba pwede nitong puntahan ng gabing iyon ay doon pa sa lugar kung saan gaganapin ang engagement niya?

She was confused on what would she do. She wanted to come near him but she couldn’t move an inch. At isa pa, hindi ba’t kailangan na niya itong iwasan? Naghihintay ang pamilya ng magiging fiancé niya. Nakakahiya sa mga ito kung makikita nilang malapit siya kay Alexander na isang sikat na celebrity.

She made a step towards her family’s direction. She must stay away from Alexander.

“Wait,” Xander held her arms. “Can we talk?”

She tried to pull her arms off him. But he didn’t let her go.

“You cannot escape from me this time, wifey.” He said firmly. “I cannot let you go just like that. I have a feeling you’re pushing me away. Why, Lily-ah?” His voice was full of bitterness.

Lily can’t look at Alexander’s face. She was trying her best to keep the tears from falling. Hindi niya kayang salubungin ang mga tingin nito.

“X-Xander oppa…” Naramdaman niya ang paghigpit ng pagkakahawak nito sa kanya. “I-I have to go. My family is waiting for me.” She look at her family’s direction. He looked at them too.

She felt Xander’s hand slowly let her go.

“Y-your family? Is that your family?” He looked at them and took a glance on Eusebio’s.

She nodded.

“W-why are they here?” Xander stuttered as he asked the question.

Maybe it was the right time to tell him the truth. She swallowed hard before she utter those words.

“B-because it is my engagement…”

 

***

 

So it was her all this time. His unknown fiancée is none other than his wifey, Lily-ah. He half anticipated this but he was still surprised. Must he thank his father for choosing Lily-ah to be his future wife? His father must give him a very good explanation but he will deal with him later. Besides, does it still matters? He already got what he wanted.

He now understood why Lily pushed him away. It’s because she was getting married. But she doesn’t have an idea that her fiancé is none other than her hubby.

His lips formed a smile. Fate was on his side. And he was lucky to have a father like Anthony Eusebio, the man of everything. He owes him big time. He loves his father more. He was so happy that he wanted to give him a big hug.

And now, he must face the family of his future wife, he must not make them wait for too long.

He was busy with his thought that’s why he didn’t notice that Lily had left him already. She was now sitting with her family and his family.

They seemed very close. They get along well.

An idea crossed his mind. It was time to fulfill his father’s wish.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo.” Alexander slightly bowed as he approach them. All of them greeted him except for Lily. She didn’t even gave him a look. He sat in front of her. She doesn’t noticed him yet.

“Lily, your fiancé is here. Aren’t you going to greet him?” It was Lily’s father.

Lily slowly lifted her head to face him. “Annyeo—“

Her eyes grew wide. She even blinked many times. It’s as if she couldn’t believe on what she was seeing.

“Wifey, you’re not dreaming so stop blinking…”

***

“Alexander oppa.”

Nananaginip lang siya. Hindi totoo ito. Paano? Bakit? Sunod-sunod ang tanong niya sa sarili.

She heard Uncle A coughed to get their attention. Her eyes were still fixed on Xander’s handsome face. She couldn’t read his emotions.

“I know the two of you already knew each other. So, I think it’s about time to start your engagement.”

“You don’t really have to do this,” Xander said calmly. All of them were focused on him.

She felt the tension started to mount. Alexander stood up and went to her side.

He held her hand. They were now standing in front of their families.

She was confused. Anumang oras ay hihimatayin siya.

Alexander continued his speech. “This engagement is useless…” He announced.

Nobody talked. All of them were waiting for his next words. “Because Lily and I… are already married.” He raised their hands with their wedding ring on it.

She saw Aunt Chungmi and her mother gasped. They were all shocked with their revelation.

Maging siya ay nagulat sa pagbubunyag nito sa kanilang “fake wedding”. Hindi pa rin nagsi-sink in sa kanya ang mga pangyayari. She looked at him. Hindi niya talaga ito maintindihan. Ano bang nasa isip nito?

“Although it was only a fake wedding, I considered it as true and valid. I don’t know how this arranged marriage happened but I want you to know,” Xander was now talking to her family and he was looking at her father as if he was asking for her hand! “…that I will still marry your daughter even without this arrangement. I assure you I’m going to take care of her until my last breath.”

Totoo ba ang narinig niya? Pakakasalan siya daw siya ni Alexander! Parang kakapusin siya ng hininga. She saw her father smile. He tapped Xander’s shoulder and said, “You must really take care of her if you don’t want to take your last breath.” There was a warning in his voice but she knew he was only joking.

“So the wedding is still on.,” Uncle A said.

 

***

 

Lily couldn’t help it. Parang gripo ang mga mata niya sa kakaiyak. Hindi niya alam kung nakailang balde na siya ng tissue paper. Basta gusto lang niyang umiyak ng umiyak. Tears of joy. She was too happy. She was too overwhelmed. She was going to marry Alexander for real! It was too good to be true. Pero ang laki niyang tanga dahil hindi niya na-realized na si Alexander pala ang anak ni Uncle A.

“Hush now, wifey,” Alexander gave her another tissue paper.

“It’s all your fault,” paninisi niya rito.

“I’m sorry. You know, I didn’t also have an idea about my father’s plan.”

Uncle A just told them the whole story behind their arranged marriage. She couln’t believe he was able to do it all by himself. He was like a fairy-god-father to her. Indeed, he is a man of everything. And she must thank him for being such. Kung hindi dahil dito, hindi matutupad ang pangarap niyang makasama ang lalaking gusto niya habang buhay.

At meron pa siyang dapat pasalamatan. The lovely angel of U-KISS, Kevin Woo. It was him who informed Uncle A about her and Xander’s whereabouts. He was the sweet-angel spy”, just like what Uncle A said.

“If you don’t want to get married with me—“

“No!” She cried harder.

“What do you mean ‘no’?  You don’t want to get married with me or you want to get married with me?”

“I-I…. of course I want to get married with you” She almost whispered.

“What? I didn’t hear you.”

“I said, I want to marry you…”

“Huh?”

“Are you deaf?” She almost shouted.

“Alright, alright. You’re dying to marry me.”

“Conceited beast.” She whispered. Pero totoo naman ang sinabi nito. She really wanted to be his wife.

“Then why are you crying?,” he asked. A bit confused with her actions.

What a stupid question. Paano ba siyang hindi iiyak eh hindi pa nito nasasabing mahal siya nito. At isa pa, may kasalanan ito sa kanya. The incident that happened five years ago. She couldn’t forget that, could she? Ito ang dahilan kung bakit nagbago ang pananaw niya pagdating sa fashion. And that infamous line, “I hate lesbians!” just gave her five years of sleepless nights.

“I have a question and I want you to answer me with all honesty.” She stopped from crying.

Xander nodded. He wanted to finish their question-and-answer portion immediately.

“Do you hate lesbians?”

“No.” He knotted his forehead. “Is that the question that you want me to answer with all honesty?” he was a bit disappointed.

“Yes.”

 

***

 

Xander didn’t know why Lily suddenly asked whether he hates lesbians or not. He really thought she would ask him if he loves her or not. He would probably answer her with conviction. He is even willing to give his heart to her. He loves her that’s why.

His wifey was a little bit weird but he likes her epic randomness.

“I didn’t ask that question for nothing.” She slightly moved a distant from him. “Have you forgotten? You told me— no, you blurted out on my face that you hate lesbians. Although I was not a lesbian, you I was hurt. You just told me you hate me. And that happened five years ago.”

He was silent for a while. And started to remember what happened five years ago. He was sure he hasn’t met her yet at that time. But the memory of that incident five years ago flashed on his mind.

“Don’t tell me, you’re the one who—“

Lily nodded, not waiting for his sentence to finish.

Now everything was clear to him that’s the reason why Lily looked so familiar to him the first time he saw her.

“You didn’t even bother to listen to me. I almost die when you yelled at me.” Lily pouted.

“I’m sorry.” He hugged her tight. But she punched him on the chest.

“Aww! That hurts, wifey.” He tried to act as if he was really hurt. He held her hand and brought it to his ‘painful’ chest.

“I’m really sorry. What should I do to make it up to you?,” he sincerely asked her. But his wifey just looked at him with narrow eyes.

“How about a kiss?” He teased.

“Stop teasing me, you moron!” She started to walk away.

“Yah! Wifey-ah! Don’t tell me you don’t like my kisses?” He followed her.

Lily walked faster and covered her ears so she wouldn’t hear him.

He chuckled. He really loved it when he teases her. She wasn’t that mad, right? And another idea crossed his bright mind. He must gain her forgiveness before the night end.

“Ouch!,” he muttered to get Lily’s attention. He made sure she really heard him even if she’s covering her ears. Of course, he was still acting as if he’s in pain.

Lily stopped walking. He saw her looked at him.

Then after wards, she started to approach him.

“What’s the problem oppa?” She asked worriedly.

“Nothing,” he smiled. Lily realized that he was just acting again. She started to walk out again but he stopped her from doing so.

“Mianhe. I know you’re still mad at me because of that incident five years ago. But believe me, I was planning to apologized to you but I don’t know how,” he sincerely said. “That’s the reason why I became more sensitive about other’s feelings specially when it comes to our fans.” He looked into her eyes. “Forgive me, wifey.”

***

Lily saw the sincerity in Xander’s eyes. Hindi na nito kailangan pang lumuhod sa harap niya para lang mapatawad niya ito. She loves him so much and she was willing to forgive him.

“You’re forgiven, hubby.”

Xander’s face lighten up. “Thanks, wifey.” He gave his heart warming smile and hug her tight.

“One down, one to go.” Isa na lang ang gusto niyang marinig mula rito. Kumalas siya mula sa pagkakayakap nito.

“Aren’t you going to say something?,” she asked.

 “What?”

He might not hear what she had said. “I said, aren’t you going to tell me anything?” She repeated her question. Maybe Xander didn’t get what she was trying to say.

He just smiled and scratched his head. “Do I have to say something, wifey?” he brought back the question to her. He was still smiling.

And she was starting to get pissed. Nakakaloka ang mga ngiti nito. Naiinis na siya dahil hindi pa nito ma-gets ang gusto niya.

She was about to walk away but Xander held her hand.

“Mahal kita.”

Napahinto siya sa pagkabigla sa sinabi nito. It was the sweetest Tagalog words she ever heard. She was waiting for him to say that for a long time. She thought she was ready but she was still overwhelmed by his words. Gosh, and he said it Filipino. She loved his cute accent. Gusto niya itong ulit-uliting pakinggan. How she wished she recorded his voice when he said that.

“I said, mahal kita. Did I pronounce it right?” he scratched his head. “Aishh. I should practice more.”

“Saranghe,” she mumbled.

Now, it was his time to confound into silence.

“Did you just… can you repeat it for me?”

“I said, SA-RANG-HAE. Did I pronounce it right? I think I should—“ She wasn’t able to finish her last sentence.

Alexander pulled her and claimed her lips. It was a very passionate kiss. Her heart wanted to come out of her rib cage. She closed her eyes to enjoy his sweetest kiss.

She was happy that their story had a happy ending. Dreams do come true. She doesn’t care what the people would think for as long as her hubby loves her. And that’s all that matters the most.

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Alexander: “I think ‘Adobo’ is a cute name for our first baby.”

Lily: “What? Are you out of your mind? I don’t like adobo!”

Alexander: Wae? Adobo is delicious and—— Wifey! Where are you going?!”

Lily: “WHEREVER!”

Alexander: “Fine! If you don’t want adobo, then how about Halo-halo?”

Lily: “SHUT UP!!!!!!”

 

****END**** 

61imeor^^ [01-10-11]