Chapter 9

As Long as You Love ME

 

 

After 5 months...

 

"I missed your love since you've been gone, I find it hard to go on." Paulit-ulit na umaalingawngaw sa isip ni Lily ang linyang iyon ng kanta.

 

"I missed him," sambit niya habang nakatingin sa langit. Kasalukuyan siyang nasa labas ng simbahan sapagkat katatapos lamang ng fellowship gathering nila at hinihintay na lamang niya ang kanyang pamilya na nasa loob pa rin ng simbahan. Nagdesisyon siyang mauna nang lumabas upang magpahangin dahil hindi na naman niya maiwasang isipin si Alexander. It's been five months since the last time she saw him and her heart just keeps on growing fonder each days past because she missed him so badly. But could you blame her? Xander has been very special to her until now.

 

"Ehem! Seems like your thoughts are deeper than the Pacific Ocean huh?"

 

Nilingon ni Lily ang pinanggalingan ng tinig na iyon.

 

"Sir!," bulalas niya nang mapagsino ito.

 

"How many times will I tell not to call me 'Sir'? Uncle A is much better."

 

Ngumiti lang siya sa tinuran nito. "Okay Sir-, err, Uncle A. I'll try to remember that."

 

"Good, so, who's the lucky guy that occupies your thoughts? Don't worry, I'm sure he misses you too." He slightly tapped her shoulders when he uttered those words. But how did this old man know what is she thinking?

 

"Uncle, I didn't know you can read other people's mind."

 

Uncle A grinned. "It's a God's gift. Besides, it's written all over your face."

 

Napahawak siya sa kanyang mukha nang marinig iyon. Ganon na ba ka-obvious sa kanyang mukha ang pangungulila niya kay Xander? Bigla siyang nakaramdam ng hiya.

 

"Don't worry Lily, you don't look so miserable."

 

Gusto niyang matawa dito. Magaling talaga itong bumasa ng isipan ng iba at hindi na siya magtataka kung mahulaan nito ang taong umuukupa ng isip niya.

 

Mahigit tatlong buwan na rin nang una niyang makilala si Uncle A. Nakasabay niya itong sumakay sa MRT. Ngunit dahil foreigner, hindi ito pamilyar sa proseso sa pagsakay sa tren kaya naman bilang isang mabuting mamamayan ng Pilipinas ay tinulungan niya ito.

 

Muli namang nag-krus ang landas nila noong siya at ang kanyang pamilya ay dumalo sa World Christian Fellowship kung saan nagsama-sama ang mga Christians mula sa iba't ibang bansa.

 

Doon niya nalaman na ito pala ay taga-Hong Kong at ang asawa nito na si Chungmi ay Koreana naman.

 

Lubos siyang humahanga sa samahan ng mag-asawa sapagkat kitang-kita niya sa mga kilos nito kung gaano nila kamahal ang isa't isa."Ang swerte ng mga anak nila," isip-isip niya.

 

Naging madalas ang pagkikita nila kaya naman naging close na ang mga ito hindi lang sa kanya kundi pati na rin sa buong pamilya niya. Nakatutuwang isipin na sa kabila ng magkaka-ibang kultura ay may nabuo pa ring magandang samahan.

Since then, Uncle A has been like a father to her. Of all people, he's the only one who knows when she's sad. Maybe its because of his "God's gift talent".

 

Naaalala pa niya nang minsang magtungo ito sa KG Corporation para madalaw ang kaibigan nito. At laking gulat niya na ang kaibigan na tinutukoy nito ay ang mismong President at CEO ng kompanya nila. Siya pa mismo ang naghatid dito sa opisina ng boss niya. "Uncle, you didn't tell me that your friend is my boss. I'm really suprised."

 

He just smiled.

 

Napatigil si Lily nang matapat sa pinto ng opisina ng kanyang big boss. Paano'y nakapaskil doon ang poster ng UKISS at matatanaw rin mula sa glass wall ang mga solong larawan ng bawat miyembro nito. Hindi niya alam, fan din pala ang boss niya ng UKISS. Pero hindi ba weird iyon?

 

"I like this guy," Uncle A murmured while pointing to Xander's picture. "Handsome, isn't he?"

 

Nagulat siya sa tinuran nito. "You know them?," she asked curiously.

 

"Uh-n-no. Not that much. I just knew them because of my daughter, Victoria. She's a fan."

 

"I see," she said and stare again to Xander's face. She couldn't help herself from looking into his beautiful face. Ah, she misses him to death.

 

"You like him, don't you?"

 

"Yeah." Parang wala siya sa sariling sinagot ito.

 

"So it's you. Aishh, I knew it," Uncle A murmured.

 

But Lily didn't hear him. She was still busy memorizing every details of Xander's face.

 

 

 

 

***

Xander was busy on reading his scripts for Pops In Seoul when he got a call from his father. His parents are currently in the Philippines for months now but he didn't know the reason why they were there. Maybe to have a vacation or something. "A very long vacation," he thought.

 

He reached for his phone and press the answer key.

 

"Hello, Dad?"

 

"Hello, Son! How're you doin'?"

 

"I'm fine, Dad. How about you? Are you enjoying your vacation there with Mom?"

 

"I'm okay and yes, I'm really enjoying here. And surely, your mom also."

 

He really missed his family. He wanted to be with them again but his job won't permit him to do so. Their conversation went smoothly except when his father reminded him about his birthday wish. His father wishes him to get married and have a family within one to two years from now.

 

What's wrong with this old man? Why would he wish such thing? Isn't it too early to get married at his age? Aish, he's having a goosebumps whenever he thinks of that idea.

 

He doesn't want to get married this soon. Maybe five to ten years from now. He has many plans to do and besides, he doesn't have a girlfriend at this very moment.

 

"Alexander Hyung, eotteoshimnikka?", Kevin interrupted his deep thoughts.

 

"Obviously, I'm not okay,"he answered with much irritation in his voice.

 

"Why? I noticed that you're always irritated since we left the Philippines five months ago. Is it because of Li- ."

 

He waived his hand to stop Kevin. He doesn't want to talk about her.

 

"It's not about her. It's about my father's wish."

 

"What about it?"

 

"He wants me to get married,"

 

"What?!"

 

He wanted to laugh at Kevin's reaction. His eyes widened and his jaw dropped. He was really shocked.

 

"Relax. I'm supposed to be the one to have that kind of reaction. You're not the one who is asked to marry here, okay?"

 

"But Hyung, why this soon?"

 

"I really don't know. Aishh! Why is he doing this to me? I'm so upset."

 

"Then tell him you don't want to get married," Eli joined the conversation.

 

"But it's not that easy. You know my father. If he wants something, he'll surely get it. By hook or by crook. I wonder what his plans now to get his precious "wish".

 

"He's in the Philippines right?," Kevin asked.

 

He nodded.

 

"Maybe he's now searching for your future wife there. I really hoped he could find Lily-ah," Eli joked.

 

Xander threw the scripts on Eli's face but he was fast enough to avoid those.

 

"Yah! You think that's funny?"

 

"You think I'm joking?," Eli teased.

 

"Aishh! This -- ", He reached for the vase that is placed on the table.

 

"Oh, Hyung! That could hurt --."

 

"Go away. Before I throw this to you."

 

Eli and Kevin headed for the door quickly. He put down the vase back to the table. Well, he's not really planning to throw that to Eli. He just wanted him to shut up. Because he doesn't want to be reminded of Lily.

 

That woman. He can't forget the scene happened at the airport. She rather chose Roy instead of him.

 

That . But he knew it was more than the ego. Because whenever he thinks of her, he can't help himself from missing her.

 

He finally admitted to himself that he's longing to see her again. And he is confused on what he's feeling right now.

 

He doesn't want to talk about her but he wanted to see her again. He remembered what SooHyun told him, "That's what you call, the irony of Love."

 

"What the heck does love has to do with what i'm feeling? I'm not inlove," he thought.

 

Then he remembered his father's wish.

 

"Aishh...I'm having a headache." He touched his forehead and started to massage it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------

 

 

 

WE"RE BACK!!!!

 

 

i know...i know...

 

that it took me FOREVER~ to write this little thing

 

 

but, pls bear with us..

 

 

busy sched..haayyyzzz...

 

 

 

so let me clear some things regarding the update,

 

 

first, let's PRETEND that kissme's doesn't know any member's family..

 

which, of course, highlights our beloved Uncle A with his whole family..

 

 

and second, ahhmmm, nothing~.....(i just want to type that.....hahaha)

 

 

@some1KISSedME  you're asking who's the blackmail queen?..should i announce your name, my beloved unnie?!... oh, let just thank her eventhough she's using her own fic for me to update....grrrrrr.... (don't think that i hate her huh?!..cause I I I..... lo---..... o_0 )

wait! you think xander is inlove?..does this chapter confirms it?..

 

 

 

@aejae22 so?..what should i say to my~...... anyway, here's the chappy you're waiting for!!!!
...i hope it satisfies your longing..(ano daw?!...)...haha

 

 

guys, don't hate Roy..why?..maybe cause he'll be out of the picture for a while?...or maybe for the rest of the story?..we'll see about that..

and, actually, i can't hate him..why?...cause i'm laughing so hard when i read that part...hahaha....

 

(wonder why?!)

 

 

 

so just leave your comments down below....

 

and POUR THEM ALL OUT!!!

 

~mieyLa