Chapter 15

As Long as You Love ME

 

***

 

“Yeobu, gwaenchanha?,” his wife, Chungmi asked him. Anthony was at the veranda, his favorite part of their house.

“Yes, honey. I’m okay.” He smiled at his beloved spouse.

“Are you still thinking of him?” She was referring to their son, Alexander. He nodded. His dearest son had been always occupies his mind. He just talk to him a while ago on the phone and they had an argument again. Well, he couldn’t blame his son. He has been manipulating his life since he told him his wish---or rather command. But he was sure he’ll soon understand why he was doing that. God knows he was just doing what he knows is right.

Maybe it was the right time to fulfill his purpose in life and that is, to make his loved ones as happy as possible. And he thinks that Alexander has already found his happiness but he was just so damn busy to realize that. So, he made a way for him to get his happiness.

Arranged marriage. He never thought that he could plan such ridiculous thing just for his beloved son.

He can still remember his conversation with Kevin, that sweet pretty angel of U-KISS. He treats him as his second son just like the other members. Funny, he really thinks that if he would be given a chance, he would surely adapt all of them. Why, he really loves them so much. They are family to him. But he can say that Kevin is much close to him. He often calls him to know their group’s whereabouts. Yes, more often than his own son.

“Uncle, I think Xander hyung is in love,”he recalled what Kevin said to him on the phone. It was five months ago and a month after their tour in the Philippines. He was shocked and happy at the same time. It was the first time in the history of his lifetime that he heard that Alexander was in love. And he was dying to know who the lucky girl is. Of course, he had to do some “research”.

Then he found out about Lily--- Maria Joanna Lilibeth Bautista, 21 years old, a Filipina. He never planned to ransack his son’s love life. But as a parent, he wanted to help his son because according to Kevin, his angel spy, Alexander had been miserable since they left the Philippines.

Miserable? His son had never been miserable. He was known for being a happy and lively. So he thought that Xander has finally found his match. Then out of deep curiosity, he and his wife went to the Philippines to find out what’s with Lily that made their son fall for her. And what did Lily do to make his son “miserable”.

Fate. He really believed that it was fate that helped them find Lily. Maybe they were destined to meet and eventually, her family became their friends.

A simple yet happy family. That was all she got. But that young lady made an impression to him when he visited Eli’s father at KG Corporation.

“You like him, don’t you?”Anthony still remembers that question he asked to her.

“Yeah…”She answered while looking at Xander’s huge image in front of her. It was a very short response yet full of emotions. He saw in her eyes the sincerity and pureness of her heart. Indeed, Alexander found his perfect match. And he will do everything to make the two the happiest person on earth. Isn’t that very exciting? Playing as a cupid was no easy thing. But he is Anthony Eusebio, the man of everything. All things are possible is his motto in life.

 And now, he was still planning what’s his next step. He was really determined. He even included the whole Eusebio Empire as bait. Luckily, he has a very understanding wife and a very beautiful and loving daughter. They are his connivance.

“Are you sure it will work out? Alejandro already said he doesn’t want to get married.” Chungmi couldn’t hide her worries.

“I’m sure it’ll do.” He held her hands.”Trust me.” Then he gave her an assuring smile.

 

 

*****

 

“LILY, STAY AND TAKE SOME REST. DON’T FORGET TO FINISH YOUR MEAL, OKAY? I’LL BE RIGHT BACK” ~Xander \\(^^.)

It was Xander’s note. He wasn;t able to say goodbye to her when he left the house after talking to his father on the phone. She’s been staring at the note for three hours now. But Alexander has not come back yet.

Naiinip na siya. Gustuhin man niyang umalis, hindi niya magawa dahil hindi niya alam kung nasaang lupalop siya ng Korea naroroon. At isa pa, hindi pa rin niya natatagpuan ang damit niya. She was still wearing Alexander’s shirt and pajamas. Marahil ay wala itong maipasuot sa kanya kaya naman sarili nitong damit ang pinasuot sa kanya. Ayaw man niyang aminin, it felt good to wear his clothes. Pero nanlulumo pa rin siya sa isiping ito ang nagsuot ng damit niya.

She heard someone entered the house. It must be Alexander.

“Oppa, you’re back.”

“Yeah. How do you feel now?”

“Better.” She tried to smile. “By the way, can I get my dress now? I’ll be going home. Sorry if I disturbed you and caused you much problems. Mianhe.” She was  lucky Alexander was there to save her. Hindi niya ma-imagine kung ano ang nangyari sa kanya kung wala ito nang nagdaang gabi.

“Yah. Sorry is not enough. You must pay me for this.” Then he grabbed her hands and led her to his waiting car.

“Where are we going?” She asked.

“I’ll buy you another dress,” Alexander was driving now. His eyes focused on the road.

“But I can still use my dress. You don’t have to buy me another one.” Madadagdagan lang ang utang niya dito.

“No. You cannot use that anymore.” He answered without looking at her.

“But why?” She frowned.

“Because it’s already in the garbage,” he answered simply.

“Huh?” Paano naman mapupunta iyon sa basurahan?

“I said, I threw it up in the trash.”

Hindi niya naiwasang manghinayang. It was her favorite dress. She was still hoping na mapapakinabangan niya pa iyon kahit nasa basurahan na.

“Even so, I still wanna get it. I’ll just wash it.”

“No.” Alexander said firmly.

“Why?” hindi niya talaga maintindihan kung bakit itinapon na lamang bigla ang damit niya.

“I don’t want to see you wearing that dress again.” He paused. “Because I don’t want you to remember your LAST date with that monster ever again.” Xander was frowning.

Is he referring to Roy? She wanted to laugh. He still believes that she was going to commit suicide because Roy broke up with her.

Ah, bahala siya kung iyon ang gusto niyang isipin.

 

 

*****

A dozen of casual dress, six pairs of shoes, and even undies! That was all he bought for her.

“Is that enough?” Xander asked while looking at the shopping bags. He seemed not contented on what he bought.

“Oppa, it’s too much. A dress and a pair of shoes is enough for me. You can bring back the excess to the shop.” Nagulat siya nang pagpasok nila sa shop ay binili nitong lahat ng makitang damit na sa tingin nito’y babagay sa kanya. He did not even ask her whether she liked the dress or not.

“Are you sure? But it’s only a few. You girls love to shop, right? So I thought it would be better if I buy more.”

She rolled her eyes. “Yes, girls love to shop. But not me. I only buy the things that I most needed. So you can return this.” She handed him the shopping bags. But he refused to get it.

“Yah. I don’t want to return that. That’s already yours. You can keep it.”

“But I cannot accept this. You already helped me last night. I don’t want to abuse your kindness.”

“Aisshh. You’re just abusing it now. Don’t worry, I’ll add that to your credit.”

“Credit?”

“Uh-huh. Didn’t I tell you, you must pay me for helping you? Now go there…” He pointed his finger to the dressing room and pushed her to go there. “…and change.”

Change. Speaking of… “Oppa,” she called him before she entered the dressing room. He turned to her. “By any chance did you… I mean are you the one who…” She trailed off.

“Change your dress last night? Xander helped to finish her question.

 She was stunned. How did he know what he was about to ask? Did he really…? Her eyes went wide.

Alexander just grinned but did not answer. Then he walked away from dressing room. And she was left there dumbfounded. What does that grin mean?

 

 

*****

 

“Lily-ah, are you okay? Alexander was so worried. He is now driving back to his apartment with Lily because she has to get her things that she left in his house. They’ve been together for several hours now but Lily hasn’t talk yet. She was not even looking at him. He doesn’t know if she was angry or something. It all started after she asked that question. Now he regretted not answering her. He was supposed to respond but he rather grinned. The truth is he was not the one who changed her clothes last night. He was gentleman enough to ask his maid to do that because he doesn’t want to take advantage of her situation. But maybe, she was thinking the other way.

“Lily-ah…” That was his second attempt to make her talk. But he still failed. She just looked outside the car window. She doesn’t even want to face him.

“Fine. If you don’t want to talk, then just listen to me, okay? About your question a while ago---“

“Stop!” She glared at him. “I don’t wanna talk about it.”

“But I have to tell you this. I did not UNDRESSED you---” He saw her eyes grew wide. “Yah, Alexander. You better watch your words. You just scared the lady.” He thought to himself. “I mean, I’m not the one who changed your dress. My maid did it.”

Suddenly, her face lighten up. At last, she looked at him again. He felt relieved but not totally.

“Is that true, oppa? Really?”

“Yeah. You can ask my maid to make sure,” he assured.

“You have a maid? But I didn’t see anyone when I was left in your house.”

“It’s her day-off. But I can ask her to come if you want to clear what happened last night.”

“No. It’s not necessary. Besides, I trust you and I believed on what you have said.”

He sighed in relief. It was nice that she trusts him.

Minutes passed and they arrived at his apartment. She immediately looked for her bag and said goodbye to him. He offered her to drive her home but as usual, Lily refused.

Xander insisted to take her home for she was not yet familiar with the place. Then Lily nodded in defeat. He smiled at himself. It was his way to know where she lives.

“Here we are.” Lily announced as they stopped in front of a small house. Her apartment was small but decent enough. She thanked him and waived her goodbye before she stepped down the car.

“Wait!” He called her before she opened the gate. “You forgot this.” He handed her the shopping stuffs that he bought for her.

“Oh. Thanks , oppa.” She immediately get those from his hands.

“Lily-shi…” Someone called her. He saw a middle-aged woman approached them.

“Mrs. Choi. Annyeonghaseyo.” She greeted her. The old woman smiled and suddenly looked at him.

“Ah, Lily-shi. Who is this handsome guy? Your boyfriend? OMO! You didn’t tell me you already have a boyfriend. What’s your name?” She turned to him. “I’m Mrs. Choi, Lily’s land lady.”

He wanted to laugh. Mrs. Choi was a bit talkative. But because she called him hansome and mistaken him as Lily’s boyfriend, he loved her already.

“Uhm, Mrs. Choi. He is not my b---“

“I’m Alexander.” He introduced himself to the land lady before Lily could react.

“Alexander,” she repeated. “What a nice name. you two looked together. But you seemed familiar to me. Have we met before?”

He was not surprised by her question. She might have seen him on TV but she couldn’t remember. Well, maybe she was not one of their ahjumma fans.

“No.” He replied with a smile.

“Aishh. But you really looked familiar. Anyway, nice meeting you.” She bowed at him. “I’ll be going now.” She gave Lily a teasing smile before she left.

“Why didn’t you tell her the truth?” He said innocently. He doesn’t know why but he loves it when she nags at him.

“That you’re not my boyfriend.” She hissed.

“Oh that? Why? It doesn’t matter right? Besides, it’s going to happen soon.” He literally whispered the last sentence for her not to hear it clearly.

“What?” She frowned. “What did you say?”

“Nothing. I just said, your namja-chingu will be going now. You take care okay?” He tapped her head and gave his heart-warming smile that made her confound into silence. He smile even more and walked away towards his waiting car. He might be wearing that smile for the whole night.

Being with her was one of the wonderful things that he wanted. He loves it when she smiles at him, talk to him, and even nags at him. He was really fond of him. And now, he wanted her to be his girl. And he wanted himself to be her namja-chingu.

“But you’re getting married.” The thought blew away the smile on his face. He was about to marry an unknown girl. But he was determined not to let that happened. He must do something. He might as well tell his parents that he already belongs to someone. If there’s a person he wanted to spend his life with, it’s none other than Lily.

 

*****

“Your namja-chingu will be going now.”

Hanggang ngayon ay tulala pa rin si Lily matapos sabihin ni Alexander ang mga salitang iyon. Nabibingi ba siya? HINDI. Sigurado siyang nilinis niya ng mabuti ang tenga niya kanina.

Your namja-chingu. Napakasarap pakinggan. Masyado yatang ‘kinarir’ ni Xander ang pag-arte kaninang kaharap nito si Mrs. Choi. Pero hindi niya maiwasang kiligin. She never imagined this could happen, not even in her wildest dreams.

 

 

*****

 

sorry~!! dapat  nung weekend pa ako nag-update eh~! pero nagloko yung net namin.. anyways.. enjoy reading.. magmemention ako next update~!! wag mahiya magcomment.. tayu-tayo lang naman^^ haha~

 

 

reader's sarangheyo~