Chapter 19

As Long as You Love ME

 

***

It was like a true wedding. Xander is now wearing a tuxedo. Aigoo. The wedding staffs were shocked when they saw him. From a nerdy looking guy, he now transformed into a drop dead looking U-KISS member, Alexander. Now he cannot hide his true identity.

It was fine with him knowing that people might recognize him. After all, it was only a fake wedding.

But Xander felt it was more than a fake wedding. He was not doing this just to have fun. Why?

He doesn’t really know. All he knew is that, he is excited to get married with Lily-ah, his yeoja chingu.

“The bride is here,” the MC announced.

Hell. Why does he suddenly felt nervous? It’s as if he was really waiting for his future wife. He couldn’t help it. His heart beats hundred times as its normal.

“Ya. Alexander. Calm your nerves down,” he reminded himself.

Then he saw Lily starting to walk down the aisle.

He was astounded. He was never used to seeing Lily-ah like this. She was wearing a simple white wedding dress that suited her simple personality.

She was slowly walking that he felt he was waiting for her forever. He felt that she was so nervous too. She stumbled many times. She was not really used of being at the center of attention.

Oh, yes. She really looked cute whenever she forced to smile every time she stumbles.

And now, she was near to him. He saw something when he looked at her eyes. Is she going to cry?

“Oh no, don’t cry baby…” He wanted to mumble.

He offered his arm as she approached him. “Ready?” He asked.

She just nodded. He felt her hands were trembling.

“Relax.” He doesn’t know if he was telling that to her or to himself.

 

***

 

Nanginginig pa din ang mga kamay ni Lily. Hindi niya maiwasang nerbiyosin sa harap ng maraming tao.

She felt like dreaming. Parang sa panaginip lamang ang nangyayari ang lahat ng ito.

“Your hands are trembling. Relax.” Alexander squeezed her hands.

“Oppa, we’re not dreaming, are we?” Parang wala sa sariling tanong niya dito.

She heard him chuckle.

“Yes, we’re not.”

It was unbelievable. Ikinakasal siya ngayon sa lalaking pinakamamahal niya. She felt like she’s day dreaming all through-out the wedding ceremony.

Natigil ang pagmumuni-muni niya nang banggitin ng MC ang magic words.

“You may now kiss your lovely bride.”

Kiss.

Biglang nag-flash back lahat ng pangyayari kanina. They just shared a kiss! At mukhang mauulit pa iyon.

“Naku po. Anong gagawin ko?”

The Alexander faced her. She frozed. She doesn’t know what to do. She can’t even look at him on the face! She felt like fainting any moment.

“Lord, kunin Niyo na ako, please?,” dasal niya.

Xander slowly removed her veil. Parang biglang nag-slow motion ang lahat. His face slowly went down to her. She closed her eyes in anticipation.

Then she felt his soft lips touched her cheeks.

Darn! He just gave her a kiss on the cheeks!

She immediately opened her eyes. Nakakahiya masyado siyang nag-assume.

She looked at Alexander. He was smiling from ear-to-ear! It’s as if he knew what’s on her mind. Baka iniisip nitong hinihintay niya itong halikan siya sa labi.

Masyado siyang nadala sa emosyon niya. Nakalimutan niyang hindi totoo ang lahat.

Let’s all congratulate our newly wed!,” said the MC.

 

***

“Yah, wifey…” Xander called.

Kasalukuyan na silang nasa loob ng kotse nito para ihatid siya pauwi.

“Wifey?” did he just called her wifey? Ang sarap pakinggan.

She heard him chuckle. “How about you call me “hubby”? Alexander suggested.

Great idea but…. “Your fans are ing to kill me if they hear me call you my “hubby”.”

Naalala niya ang eksena kanina matapos ang “wedding ceremony” nila. She heard Xander’s fans screaming, “Marry me too oppa!”, Xander oppa, I’m prettier than her! Let’s get married too!”, “I do Xander! Marry me!”

Mabuti na lamang at maraming securities ang Blossom Company kaya napigilan ang mga nag-aalsang fans nito.

“Oh yeah. Thank God we were able to get out of the marriage booth before they could catch me.” He smiled. “Don’t worry they won’t kill you if you call me “hubby”. I won’t let them to do so. Besides, we’re already married.” He raised his hands. There was their wedding ring. The Blossom Company provided the ring and gave it to them as a gift.

“But it was a fake marriage,” she murmured. Masakit man ay kailangan niyang tanggapin ang katotohanan. The wedding was just a silly game. At ikakasal na siya sa totoong fiancé niya.

“Yeah… it’s f-fake,” Xander uttered. He had a hard time saying those words. “But you can still call me ‘hubby’, right? Just like a pet name.”

“Pet name?” She wanted to smile. “But you’re not my pet. And you are too talented to be an animal pet.” She teased.

“Should I take that as a compliment?,” he asked.

“It’s up to you… hubby,” she answered back.

He laughed hard. Bakit ba pati simpleng pagtawa nito ay musika sa pandinig niya? At isa iyon sa mga bagay na mami-miss niya rito sa sandaling magkalayo na sila.

“We’re here,” he announced. His car stopped in front of her apartment.

“Thank you for driving me home,” she slightly bowed at him. She was about to open the car’s door when she heard him talk.

“Good night, wifey.”

There was something in his voice that made her heart melt. Those simple words had a great impact on her. Sandal siyang natigilan. She couldn’t even tell him ‘good night too’.

“Yah. Aren’t you going to tell your hubby a ‘good night’?

She cleared . Asan na ba napunta ang dila niya?

“Good night too, h-hubby,” she startled.

“I think there’s a better way to say that,” he said. Then without a word, he claimed her lips.

The kiss was so sweet that she felt her knees got weaken. She was more than shocked that she cannot even close her eyes! She doesn’t know how long that kiss lasted.

It was so magical. Hindi niya alam kung paano nakababa sa kotse nito matapos ang halik na iyon. Basta narinig niya ang huling sinabi ni Xander.”

“Sweet dreams, wifey,” he whispered to her ears.

 

***

 

“Ate gising!,” sigaw ni Maribeth, ang nakababata niyang kapatid.

Ngunit antok na antok pa si Lily kaya mariin niyang isinubsob ang mukha sa unan at tinakpan ang tainga niya.

“Ate,” patuloy pa rin ito sa pagyugyog sa kanya. Ngunit ungol lang ang isinagot niya.

“May nakita ako kagabi sa labas ng bahay. Pero hindi ko sasabihin kung ano at sino ang kasama mo pag-uwi.”

Anong sinasabi nito? Sino ba ang kasama niya kagabi?

Alexander.

And the memory of their kiss flashed on her mind. Napabalikwas siya ng bangon.

“Anong nakita mo?,” tanong niya sa kapatid. Mas bata ito sa kanya ng apat na taon. Pero sa halip na magsalita ay kumanta ito.

“I saw unnie kissing—“

Her eyes grew wide. Tinakpan niya ang bibig ng kapatid.

Ngunit mabilis nitong naialis ang kamay niya sa bibig nito.

“Don’t worry, I won’t tell anybody about what I saw. Pero ko lang i-remind ka, ate. You’re getting married soon. At hindi kakayanin ni Papa kung aatras ka sa kasal niyo.” She was serious now. “Kaya hangga’t maaga, tapusin mo na ang relasyon mo sa lalaking iyon. Hindi ba napaka-unfair sa kanya kung biglang malalaman niya na ikakasal ka na?” Iyon lang at iniwan na siya nito sa kanyang kwarto.

Ang lalaking iyon. Marahil ay hindi nito alam na ang lalaking kasama niya kagabi ay walang iba kundi si Alexander. Dahil kung alam nito, malamang ay sinugod na nito iyon at nagpa-autograph. Fan din kasi ito ng U-KISS.

Pinag-isipan niyang mabuti ang sinabi ni kapatid. Ikakasal na siya at hindi tamang nakikipaghalikan pa siya sa ibang lalaki. “But he is the one who kissed me.” Malay ba niyang hahalikan siya nito? He stole her first kiss, not just once, but twice!

But was it really unfair to him if she’s going to marry somebody else?

Ano ba siya dito? She’s just a fan who became his friend and eventually became his ‘wifey’.

He kissed her. Does that mean that he likes her too?

Wala sa sariing nasabunutan niya ang buhok. Mababaliw siya kapag patuloy niyang iisipin ang sitwasyon nila ni Alexander.

Bumangon na siya sa kama upang maghanda sa pagpasok niya sa trabaho.

“Mag-almusal ka muna,” sabi ng kanyang ina matapos siyang humalik at magpaalam dito.

“Hindi na po. baka ma-late ako.” Pero ang totoo ay wala lamang siyang ganang kumain.

“Lily,” her father called her. “I just want to remind you about our dinner with the Eusebio’s tomorrow night.”

She almost forgot about her official engagement. Bukas nap ala iyo. Kailangan na niyang ihanda ang sarili. Hanggang sa opisina ay hindi siya makapag-concentrate ng maayos.

She was in front of computer but she hasn’t typed any character yet. Nakatulala lang siya. She felt her phone vibrate. She got a text message from Alexander.

“Good morning wifey! Have a nice day! ~Hubby \\(^0^) “

Isinubsob niya ang mukha sa desk. Ayaw niyang sanayin ang sarili sa pagiging sweet ni Xander. She must end this now. Kailangan na niyang lumayo dito hangga’t maaga pa.  She has to let him go.

 

***

It was the tenth time he dialed Lily’s number. But she was not answering her phone. He tried to contact her to the nth time but he failed again.

He was afraid there’s something happened to her. He decide to go to A.E. Building.

“Hyung! Where are you going?,” Kibum was about to enter the practice room. But he ignored him. He exited the door without answering his question.

“What’s wrong with him?” Kibum asked as he sat beside their maknae. But the latter just shrugged even Soohyun, Kiseop and Eli.

Few minutes passed, Kevin entered the practice room. “Where is Xander hyung?”

“We don’t know either. He just left few minutes ago,” Eli answered.

Kevin nodded. “Good. He must not hear my big news.”

“What’s the big news?,” Soohyun was curious.

“Come on Kevin-ah. Spit it out,” Kiseop said impatiently.

“Alexander hyung will soon get married,” Kevin announced enthusiastically.

“Aisshh!” Kibum, Eli, Kiseop and Soohyun said in unison.

“Yah, Kevin-ah! You know we already knew about that.”

They were all disappointed on kevin’s news.

“Araseo!,” Kevin said. “But I’m not yet finished with my news.” Kevin was trying to fight his co-members’ stern looks. “I, I already know who is Alexander hyung’s fiancée.”

Their stern look was gone. But they were still impatiently waiting for his announcement.

“Xander hyung’s fiancée is—“ He was not able to finish his sentence because  their carefree maknae screamed.

“Yes! I won! I won!” Dongho was not interested on Kevin’s news because he was busy playing with his PSP. And he just won the game. “I did it!” he was jumping with joy not knowing the deadly look of the people around him.

“SHUT UP!”

The little maknae stopped from jumping.

“Wae?” Dongho asked innocently. But his hyungs didn’t answer him. They just glared at him. “Aishh. Killjoy,” he whispered. He sat down again.

“As I was saying,“ Kevin continued. “Hyung’s fiancée is Lily-ah.”

“Mwo?!” the four said in unison except for Dongho who just rolled his eyes.

 

***

Alexander couldn’t believe it. Lily-ah is ignoring him. He doesn’t know why she was staying away from him. But he was sure as hell that he was not ready to let her go. He will do everything to make their fake wedding into reality.

If Lily is not his fiancée, he cannot do anything but to give up the whole Eusebio Empire. To hell with those inheritance. He doesn’t care now. Having Lily is more than enough for him.

 

***

 

Last chapter na po ang next~

 

sana magustuhan niyo ang ending~

 

pagpasensyahan niyo na ang story ko~ haha~ 

 

oh xa xa~ basa na.... ^^