Chapter 12

As Long as You Love ME

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Good morning Young Lady," Uncle A greeted Lily.

 

"Uncle A!" Tumayo siya at bahagyang yumuko upang batiin ito.

 

"So, how's everything so far? Are you enjoying your work here?," the old man asked.

 

"Yes. It was not difficult for me to adjust since almost everyone here can speak english," tukoy niya sa mga co-employees niya. Kasalukuyan siyang nasa loob ng kanilang opisina kasama ang iba pa niyang katrabaho.

 

"Well, that's good. Glad to hear that. By the way, I want to invite you to have a dinner with us.  I think it's also the right time you meet my son. My wife will also be there. So it's like a double date." He winked at her. This old man never falls to make her smile. She laughed.

 

"And I will not take 'no' for an answer," Uncle A added. So Lily doesn't have a choice.

 

"It's a double date then," she replied with a smile on her face. Kung hindi lang parang ama ang turing niya dito'y iisipin niyang nirereto nito sa kanya ang anak nito. But too bad, her heart belongs to one only.

 

 

 

 

 

 

**********

 

 

 

 

 

 

"A dinner with mom?"

 

Alexander was talking to his father on the phone. And he just informed him about having a dinner with his mom. And he also told him that he would also introduce a family friend from the Philippines. Well, he was not surprised. His parents stayed there for almost three months and it's not impossible for them to gain a lot of friends since his parents are nice and friendly persons.

 

He is very proud of his parents and he misses them already. Having a dinner with them is one of the seldom things that happen in his life that's why after their dance rehearsal, he immediately rushed to the hotel where he would meet his beloved parents.

 

Xander was so excited to see his parents again. He walked towards the lobby and the receptionist led him to the table reserved for his family.

 

"Omma!" He hugged his mother tightly. They really missed each other. He can see that his father was so happy too while his mom was teary eyed.

 

"OMO! My son had grown up already. How are you baby? Omma missed you so much," his mom nearly cried.

 

"I missed you too mom," He kissed her on the forehead.

 

"Ehem," his father murmured.

 

"Of course, I missed you too dad," he hugged his father.

 

"I know that son." His dad tapped his shoulder. "Let's sit down now 'cause we have something important to discuss."

 

All of a sudden, his dad became serious and formal. Xander felt uneasy because his father rarely uses this kind of tone. Only when he talks about business and other important matters.

 

"What is it this time?," he thought.

 

"I better tell you this now before she arrive," Anthony said

 

"Before she arrives?" Xander asked. Maybe his father was talking about their "new family friend".

 

"Don't worry son, you'll meet her soon," he assured him.

 

He nodded. "But's what's the important thing we have to discuss?," he asked curiously. He saw his mom reached for her handkerchief. It's as if she was about to cry. He suddenly felt nervous.

 

"Remember my birthday wish?," Anthony began to discuss the important thing.

 

"Oh no. Not this time. Mi Padre, por favor!," his mind complained. He was not ready to talk about it now.

 

He looked at his mom trying to get some help. But his mom just looked away.

 

"It was not actually a wish. It's a command." His dad was looking straight to his eyes. He was like the commander in chief of the military that commanding his soldiers.

 

But Alexander was not afraid of his father. Not that he doesn't respect him, he just don't want his life to be directed by anybody especially his perspective about marriage. He doesn't want to get married this soon.

 

"I don't want to get married," he strongly said to his father with an intent look.

 

"I'm sorry son. But you can't refuse this time. Your fiancée will soon be here."

 

"Fiancée?!"

 

Now he believes that his father is man of everything. He had it planned already. He wouldn't be surprised if his fiancée would come there wearing her wedding dress.

 

"But dad, you know I can't marry her. I don't even know her name for Pete's sake!" He was starting to get angry at his father. "Besides, I'm still young and have lots of plans for my own," he said with a high note.

 

"Alejandro! Don't talk to your father like that. He just doing this for your future," his mom reminded him. She only calls him Alejandro when she scolds him.

 

"But mom-"

 

"Let your dad explain to you everything. I'm sure you'll understand."

 

But Xander doesn't want to hear any explanation from anyone. All he wants to do now is to get out of the place. "I'm sorry Mom. Dad. But I think it's not the right time to talk about such ridiculous thing." He stood up.

 

"And there will never be a right time for this-" he wanted to add.

 

He did not wait for his parents’ response. He just walks away and headed back to the main lobby.

He was not paying much attention on his way because he was so mad and he wanted to be alone. "If only I knew this could happen, I would not go to this place. How my parents could bring me to this kind of situation? Aishh, I don't understand them.

 

Xander was about to exit the door when he accidentally bumped into someone. With his bad mood now, this person is surely dead.

 

"Jae-song hamnida," the lady apologized to him.

 

He was not able to utter a single word because he was mesmerized by her beauty. The scene seemed like a slow motion to him as she continued walking without looking at her side. Alexander doesn't know if he was dreaming or not. But he was sure of what his eyes is seeing. It was Lily-ah wearing a simple but elegant dress. His anger gradually disappears by just looking at her.

 

Man, what's happening to him? He is angry, right?

 

"So, she's having a date with Mr. Freak huh?," he thought. He doesn't want to imagine Roy's reaction when he saw Lily-ah dressed up like that.

 

"Aishh! This is gotta be my worst day!," he hissed. He picked up the key from his pocket then started the engine and drove away from the place.

 

 

 

 

 

 

******

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lily doesn't know what to do now. Kauuwi niya lang sa kanyang apartment sapagkat katatapos lamang ng sana’y double date niya kasama ang asawa’t anak ni Uncle A. Subalit hindi nakasipot ang anak nitong si Alejandro o mas tamang sabihing nag-walk-out ito nang malamang ikakasal na ito – sa kanya.

 

Hanggang ngayon ay hindi pa rin siya makapaniwala sa mga sinabi ni Uncle A kanina. Hindi niya alam na uso pa pala ang fixed marriage sa panahon ngayon. At hindi niya inakalang siya ay magiging biktima nito.

 

Muntik siyang himatayin kanina habang kausap ang mag-asawa tungkol sa nakatakda niyang kasal. And what shocked her more is that her parents knew this already. Agad siyang nag-overseas call para kumpirmahin ito at ipinagtapat nga ng kanyang ama ang lahat-lahat sa kanya. Humingi ito ng paumanhin sa kanya at sinabi na huwag siyang mag-alala dahil mabuting pamilya ang mga Eusebio lalo na nag kanyang fiancé. But how would they know? Hindi pa nga nila ito nakikilala.

 

She wanted to cry. How could her family and Uncle A do this to her? This is absurd.

 

She must call Eimi. Kahit papa’no siguro’y mababawasan ang bigat na nararamdaman niya. Ngunit hindi niya ito ma-contact.

 

“Naku, kung kalian naman kailangan na kailangan tsaka naman di ko siya ma-contact. Saan kaya nagsususuot ang babaeng iyon?”

 

She redialed her number. Sa wakas ay nag-ring a rin ito. Ngunit hindi niya maintindihan ang sinasabi ng nasa kabilang linya. Mukhang lasing ang kaibigan niya sa tono ng pananalita nito. Nakaramdam siya ng pag-aalala para sa kaibigan kaya naman dali-dali niyang kinuha ang bag at hindi na nag-abala pang palitan ang cocktail dress niya. Balak niyang hanapin si Eimi ngunit saan?

 

“Bahala na.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------

 

what do you think will happen to Lily?..will she be able to find Eimi?..kasi naman kung san nagpupupunta Eimi...tsk tsk...

 

at medyo nagsisipag sipagan ako kaya eto, mayreply ako senyo..haha

 

 

@aejae22       unnie, palagay ko po di nakakagawa ng trabaho si Eimi..nagdadaydream lang lagi.. hehe

 

@143mrxx apply tau sa company nya..Eimi, ano bang company yan?..baka naman may branch sa Pinas yan...^_^

 

@Yeonchan itutuloy naman namin 'to. don't worry.. pero sana ituloy ni imeor ang series..gusto ko kasi malaman kung naong nangyayari sa kanya eh

 

 

'till next update!

 

~mieyLa