You Bring Out The Best In Me

My Conveyor

Taeyeon's POV

italics= flashback
bold = Taeyeon's unspoken words

=======================================

 

 

I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you.
------------------Roy Croft



Staring at the colourless ceiling of my room, all I could see was Tiffany’s long double-eyelid slits and curvy lashes, arching like cupid wings, seemingly beckoning at me. Perhaps, this is what many might have mushily term it as love. It has been a bittersweet affair; hiding my fondness for Tiffany. However, gone was the bitterness and in replacement, is the lingering sweetness which I have experienced since our kiss yesterday, and I know it is going to last for an even longer time, maybe forever. 


I lifted my head a little to slip my right arm under it as a head rest, exhaling a long breath through my nose. It was a sigh of contentment. I continue to smile at the dull looking walls, picturing every adorable detail of Tiffany. She is now, my love.


***

Our fingers twiddle and fiddle, trying to find a best position to interlace our hands together. It started off with a hook on my pinky, which I then wrapped my hands around her thumb possessively. Subsequently, I decide to switch things a little as I wanted to interlock our fingers instead, earning a little complain from the girl beside me.


“Yah Taetae! It tickles….”


I stifled a deep chuckle but I could not control my moving shoulders. Taking notice of my quiet laughter, Tiffany gained my attention to her side by snapping her fingers in front of my eyes.


“Why are you smiling?”


The grin on my face grew wider even though I was shrugging my shoulders in response.


“There is always a reason behind every smile….”


Well, she is half right. Her presence was the reason behind my endless smiles, but there is simply no rationale to substantiate the fact that I am smiling for her. 
As if being caught by my ‘smiling-for-no-reason-virus’, I saw the lovely faint dimple on the side of her cheek. She is so fine.


We tightened our clasp as we shifted a little towards each other when a cool evening breeze surged through our bodies. Nonetheless, we were glad and relieved that we have each other’s warmth.


I used my finger to jab on her arm, seeking her attention as I have a little query in mind. I know it was a rather pointless one, but I just wanted to reaffirm my doubt.


“Mm?” Her thick brows lifted cutely with those puppy eyes looking back at me. I stopped my tracks and she followed. I bit my lips and swing our hands lightly in circles before meeting her hopeful eyes.


Are… we… now… together? I pointed to her and then to me in a quick back and forth manner, before placing my two index fingers together. 


Her face inched closer to mine and locked our gaze together. She then trailed her eyes down, seemingly pausing at my lips, then going further down to my hands. She entangles our fingers once more. 


“What do you think Taetae?” 


Her expressive smile was the best answer to my inane question. 


“Furthermore…” She swayed our hands and slowly led our walk, shifting her eyes to the front.


“We’ve always been together…” 


This time, she is fully right. Our hearts have never been separated before, and I know it never will. Our kiss has diminished the gap in between us, like a missing piece of jigsaw puzzle to make our love complete.
 

***






Pushing the pinkly-painted door carefully as I crept into the room, I tiptoed my way to the sleeping angel before kneeling down beside her bed. I did not bring the little bell with me as I opted to give Tiffany additional sleeping time since it is still early in the daybreak. 


I have always gained pleasure from watching the girl before me being deeply asleep, because she looks utterly adorable puckering her glistened lips while her eyes and brows are perfectly aligned. Her rosy cheeks radiate innocence with little loose strands of hair outlining from her ears to her jaws. Unable to curb my exclusive attentiveness for her, I allow my fingers to trace her facial contours before it became a continual rubbing motion on her left cheek. I prop my chin with my fist to take a more comfortable position, fixing my eyes on Tiffany as I continue to caress her soft and supple skin. 


I simply do not matter how much time I have wasted just to observe her like this, because what I have obtained in return, is nothing but blissfulness. I am just thankful to have someone who loves me equally as much as I do. And this is only one of the subtle ways to show my love for her. 


“Taetae… How long more are you gonna stare at me like this?” Clutching onto my moving hand on her face, I froze upon the unexpected husky voice of hers when she muttered languidly with her partially opened eyes. 


“Good morning…” She enunciates the English syllables impeccably before shifting her body towards her left, leaving an extra space on her bed as she taps on it lightly. Getting the picture of her intention, I deftly crawl my way up from the floor before sliding my body under the pink blankets. The lingering scent of Tiffany and the heat deriving from the quilts brought me to flutter my eyes shut as a result of the immense comfort. 


“Aren’t you supposed to wake me up sleepy taeng?” I instantly open my eyes to tilt my head leftwards and grin mischievously at her pouting expression. Tiffany slither an arm over my waist to pull me closer as we face each other. Engaging in an intense staring session, we allow our eyes to tell and explicate how much we appreciate the presence of each other’s regardless of how simple our actions might be. Behind every smile and touch, lie plenteous sentiments and affections. Such mutualism is rare and remarkable, and I have certainly learnt to know the importance of cherishing every single aspect of our boundary-less relationship. 


Placing my hand on her cheek is now my favourite thing-to-do as I scan her face thoroughly, etching each and every wondrous feature given by her parents in my mind. Travelling downwards, my eyes lingered on the pair of luscious lips being stretched into an elongated curve. It is still somewhat unbelievable that I have actually touched them with mine. 


“Taetae…” Tiffany’s mellow voice brought me back to senses, acting as a cursory reminder of my earlier reverie. 


Taking my eyes off her pinkish lips reluctantly, I look up to meet her dilated pupils, which proved to be an equivalent and adequate alternative.


“You can kiss me if you want to…” 


I could feel the heating sensation on my cheeks as I blink at her repetitively. This is the second time that I am blushing in embarrassment upon my own exposed acts. Was I that obvious?


Nonetheless, basking in the splendour of love, I leaned in boldly, having a go at what I had intended to do from the very beginning. In the face of her enticing lips, I chose to plant a quick peck on her nose instead, the other feature of hers that I admire greatly. 


Pulling back, all I could see was her reddened face. Despite being the derider, Tiffany’s coy face shows much of her bashfulness upon my intimate act. 


“I want it here as well…” She taps on her delectable lips indicatively as her eyes form the shape of crescent moons. 


Acting in accordance to her frisky request, I reach forward once more, this time, capturing her lips tenderly as we share a lingering kiss to satisfy our desires. Neither was it passionate nor was it unexciting. It was just simple enough to transmit our infatuations for each other, like a straightforward statement such as ‘I love you and you love me’. 


How many in this world are able to find a love like this? For the second time, I found myself being blessed by the positivity of life, because meeting Tiffany was the first. 











The both of us shuffled our feet to the kitchen after much procrastination in the morning with our unwillingness to get out of Tiffany’s bed. I supposed that our giggles that echoed through the hallway have reached the ears of her dad when the only man in the house makes his exasperation known.


“You girls sure know time-management well uh?” Mr Hwang pointed to his watch implicatively when the two of us appeared before him with Tiffany’s hands on my shoulders. 


“Yea… We do. Hmm… we still have about 15 minutes more before we set off for work?”


“If only you could finish your food in that stipulated time… I’m going off first…” Mr Hwang plainly wiped his hands before getting up to make a move. 


After waving goodbye to her father, Tiffany rip the bun into two before shoving me half of it.


“Now… I am sure we can finish our breakfast in time. Anyways, haven’t you done those drawings for Mr Lee? Why are you still working on them yesterday?”


Stuffing the bun into my mouth, I gestured hurriedly at her.


He gave me a new task, to draw a poster.


“You can always decline if you find it too difficult and demanding. But since you’ve already agreed to his request… I will give you my utmost support in whatever you do. Just don’t pressurise yourself too much.”


She tucked some strands of hair behind my ear before rubbing on my cheeks with her thumb. I returned a smile with mouthful of food, oblivious of the mess I have created with my sloppy eating. 


“Yah Taetae… Look at you….” I could only gawk at her face foolishly, looking intently at the pair of eyes full of concern as she meticulously scraps off those crumbs on the corner of my lips. 


“So… Are you gonna follow me to the hospital? Or are you gonna stay home to work on your job?” 


I could possibly have the luxury of spending the time working in the comfort of my room, however, escorting Tiffany to her workplace seems to be a more attractive deal, since I could steal a little more time having her accompaniment. Having made up my mind, I confidently held her by the hand before pointing to myself, then at her.


I’m coming with you.


Being in love has certainly made me deviate from my usual withdrawn and reticent behaviours. Only in Tiffany, it gradually appears that I am able to see my true self. 



Every day that I'm here with you 
I know that it feels right 
And I've just got to be near you every day and every night 
And you know that we belong together 
It just had to be you and me 









With a plan in mind, I amble around, jotting down the things that caught my sight. From nurses to patients, young to old, couples to family, every detail was written and registered on the blank piece of paper so as to better consolidate the various emotions being portrayed. It is a much viable approach to come up with a theme for the poster. 


I decide to fish out my mobile to capture some pictures of the surroundings as well, making sure that I could bring out the essence of the serene environment. While trying to locate for a good angle with the device in my hand, I was reminded of Tiffany’s incompetency in photo-taking. 


***

“Smile Taetae…..” I did a lackadaisical pose at my friend, seemingly uninterested with the new gadget that she got from her dad as her Christmas present. I was awaiting a huge flash of light to attack my eye, but it did not occur. I shrug off the question that pops out in my head as I assumed that Tiffany was just merely testing out the clarity of the camera’s screen. 


“Done…” Taken aback by her declaration, I scoot a little closer to her on the sofa to look at the outcome of the image. Did she just take a picture of me in the dimly lit living room without the flashlight?


“Why is it so dark Taetae?” I was expectant of the result as I shook my head at her. After flicking her forehead with my finger, I pointed to the electronic flash, telling her that she had forgotten the most important thing to take note of. 


“Oops…. Sorry… Let me try it one more time… Look here!” 


This time, she had taken note of my reminder as I was almost blinded by the bright lights. 


The image turned out brighter, but it still could not prevent me from falling on her shoulder with laughter. 


“What’s so funny?! I thought the picture looks good…” 


Still giggling as I rest my chin on her shoulder, I pointed to the little dark patch on the bottom right of the screen. It appeared that she had thwarted the picture with her finger which was obstructing the camera lens. 


“Fine! Why not you take a picture of me if you are really that good at pointing out my mistakes!” 


She shoves me the silvery digital camera, pouting. However, her expression did a one eighty degree turn when I begin to lift the object in my hands. Her pearly white teeth, lifted cheekbones and the ever so distinctive eye smile are all picture perfect. I held my breath as I click on the shutter button, staring at the girl before me through the camera. 


Lovely.


Tiffany’s photography skills might be amateurish, but it is undeniable that she is photogenic


***


I guess loving someone has made us learn to accommodate the flaws that were ingrained in them.






Just as I was almost bored to tears from working on my task, my lips widen in delight upon Tiffany’s delightful message.


Taetae… I shall meet u at e sheltered walkway along the main entrance in 1 hrs time! Aw… I can’t wait for lunch! ^^


Ok sure. =) are you that hungry now? 


Hmm. Not really. It’s jus dat I’m excited to see u…. *blush*


Hohohoho… somebody miss me dat much?


*Nods* bcos I’m excited to see a cute kid later *merong*


If I’m a kid I wan a lollipop later… 


No snacks b4 lunch >=/


Aigoo…. *sobs*


Aw Taetae… *hugs*


Dat’s much better… ;)


Cya later Taetae… *muacks*


Cya later Fany… *muacks*



As I tuck my mobile into the pocket, I smiled at our sweet conversation earlier but at the same time, amazed by the substantial change in my behaviour towards Tiffany. I felt that I am gradually attaining the courage to show more of my love for her, perhaps till the point of no reservations as I went beyond my original boundaries. Doing all the exceptional for her. However, I love and enjoy such a current position. Holding on to what we already had, and working on what we have missed. I really like the way we are right now. 










Feeling a tap on my right shoulder, I tilt my head to the direction instinctively, only to feel a sense of idiocy when I saw no one. Thus, naturally, I turn to the left and was being greeted by a cheeky-faced Tiffany. 


“Waited for a long time?” She slid her hand into mine as our hands fitted perfectly. I shook my head while smiling at her as I smoothly and instinctively interlock our fingers together. Perhaps she might not have noticed the difference in the way I held hands with other people. But to me, intertwining of fingers is a form of intimacy and I had only reserved it for a girl none other than Tiffany. I feel much more connected to her despite this simplistic way of showing closeness. 


“I am gonna bring you to somewhere else for lunch! Because it’s always good to go out and have some fresh air!” The girl beside me chirped a little too excitedly as she swing our hands gleefully. 


Allowing her to do all the decision-makings, I followed her aimlessly as we walked and queued over many food stalls along the streets, losing count of the delicacies that we have bought as I nodded my head perfunctorily at the eager-for-food Tiffany. Subsequently, we went over the bridges and through the tunnels, crossed several roads and walk several miles, before eventually settling down on a stone bench at the jetty. 


“Isn’t it peaceful and relax to enjoy a lunch date facing the deep blue sea?” Her wavy brown hair dances along with the nippy sea breeze as she scooted a little closer to me, reaching for a bowl of piping hot soup. 


It certainly is a pleasant idea, in fact more than ideal. Yet, I was worried about the fact that she has to hurry back for her work. 


Will you have enough time? I tap on her shoulder and pointed at her, before twirling my finger around my watch.


“Hmm…. I am only worried about the fact that I did not have enough time with my Taetae…” She replied earnestly after gulping down a spoonful of broth. I pinched her nose playfully before widening my mouth to accept her spoon-feeding. 


We spend the time gobbling down the food with our ravenous stomachs, occasionally playing around such as chasing after her with my persistent breathy smell of spring onion. That adorable mushroom would scrunch her brows in disgust as she pinches her nose, running while pleading me to stop my attack. 


“Yah Kim Taeyeon! I swear im gonna throw your bag into the sea if you don’t stop!” 


At that point of time, I realised it isn’t a good idea to mess with an angry Tiffany as I saw her running back to our spot. I quickened my pace upon noticing that my bag was within her reach. 


Panicked, I played a tug of war with her over my backpack. Knowing that she is not going to break free of her clutch on my bag, I wittingly pulled out the most important item in it, the rolled canvas drawing of hers. 


“Hey this looks familiar! Isn’t it the present that was supposed to be shown to me?” 


Well it is not that I did not intend to present it to her. Owing to my hesitant actions yesterday, I had planned for a better opportunity to reveal it, possibly in a more romantic way. Nonetheless, since she had me totally exposed, I took her hand as we sat back down on the stone bench, gripping onto the drawing a little tighter. 


Close your eyes. I drew my eyes shut instantly along with my two fingers as an indication, expecting her to follow suit. 


With eager anticipation, Tiffany did what she was told as a broad smile was visible on her face. Watching her cute face with her chin slightly lifted and brows arching out of curiosity, I slowly untie the canvas sheet in my hands as my heart palpitates a second faster than each passing ones. In spite of this, the pressure on my chest has somehow been taken off as I seemed to have unravelled my heart along with the unfolded portrait. 


I carefully place the canvas sheet on her lap before taking her hands to place them on top of it. Her eyes flutter open as she grazes the drawing with her fingers, smiling in delight at my belated surprise. However, it was kind of odd that those sparks were lacking in her eyes, as I had expected some form of taken-aback reactions from her. Nevertheless, I was just contented to see her face beaming with happiness and thankfulness. 


“It’s beautiful… You drew me so well Taetae… You finally gave me a proper portrait.” Her deep chuckles that follow resounded through my ears, telling me how satisfied she was with my exclusive drawing of her. 


“Actually….” Tiffany was tentative as she began to drag her words.


“I’ve seen this portrait before. There was once when I was alone in your room, I took a sneak peek of it…” She bit her lips, seemingly embarrassed at her confession. Now, it was me who was astounded instead. Why is Tiffany always a step ahead of me?


“Still… I am really touched by your effort and dedication to come up with this exceptional art piece. This is the best present I ever had Taeyeon. Thank you.” She pecked my cheek amorously before pulling back to meet my adoring gaze for her. 


We exchanged another set of smiles before shifting our focus on the drawing together, with my arms snaking around her waist, pulling her closer with her head resting fittingly on my shoulder. 


“By the way… What do you mean by I am your conveyor?” She pointed at those words that I had written at the top right hand corner. 


I was not a least bit unexpected of the question, since the term that I have created for her is somewhat vague yet profound. Retracting my hands off her waist, I went on to carry out a string of gestures meticulously to express and explain her query. 


You know me well and expresses me the best. 

You are my conveyor of emotions and I hope you would continue to bring out the best in me.



Tiffany looks on attentively as I continued to move my hands earnestly, digesting and processing my inaudible thoughts while nodding her head with some pauses in between. Though her lips were pressed firmly together, I could see them trembling as I see more tears whelming up in her eyes. However, I clearly know what I was doing and those words are intended to reach her heart in anyways. 


I inhaled a deep breath before going on to gesticulate the last and most important thing that I had always wanted to put across. 


Bending the first four fingers except the pinky, I then enclose my fists and crossed them before placing them on my chest, ending with my finger pointing at her. Each and every action was done with my utmost sentiments as I conveyed the three words from the bottom of my heart,


I love you.


Such a confession felt like an adrenaline rush. It was spine-tingling and emotion-provoking. After all, Tiffany has mustered so much courage in trying to remove those locks and chains in my heart, and it is only reasonable that I return the same amount of affections with my limited means. Nevertheless, when she looped her arms around my neck to pull me in for an affectionate embrace, I know that all the effort was worthwhile. Because I know that this love is worthy. My actions are worthy. My love for her is worthy. 


Cos you bring out the best in me, like no-one else can do 
That's why I'm by your side, and that's why I love you
 







We fondle each other’s hands, occasionally placing pecks on the cheeks as I envelop her in a back hug, while she lays her back against my chest comfortably. We were aware that we have spent more than the stipulated lunch time that Tiffany was given, when I repeatedly tap on her watch as well as mine. Despite that, the girl in my arms continuously assured me that another fifteen minutes or so would not hinder her work. 


“You should learn to slack off at times.” She turned to face me before rubbing her warm hand on my right cheek. I nod at her like an obedient child as I tried to not think and care about the respective accountabilities for our jobs. 


Still looking into her eyes, I decide to prompt a question at her. 


Why are you able to know me so well? 


Smiling as she acknowledges my question, it did not take her long before she replied readily. 


“Well… It’s not hard at all… Because it’s all in your eyes.” 


I tilt my head at her, hoping to delve a little further into her words. 


“Do you know you have the most expressive eyes I ever seen? Your eyes say it all. They are so emotive, and I only have to find the answer in them each time I look into your rounded eyes.”


Really? I widen my eyes at her instinctively and disbelievingly, earning a riposte from her.


“There it is! Your eyes would expand, twinkling with curiosity when in doubt, just like this. So it’s not hard for me to understand your intentions and feelings at all.” 


My smile broadens in respective to Tiffany’s boosting ego as she smug at her own amazing abilities to read my mind like a psychologist. Well, she is a certified psychologist now and that makes it even harder to conceal any secrets from her, not that I was planning to revert to my old ‘tortoise’ ways; to hide myself when in fear. Nonetheless, she has yet again, make me knew more about myself with her insightful and meticulous analysis of me. Now, I was aware of my inapt ability to convey emotions with my eyes. Perhaps, this is something precious left behind by my mum and dad, allowing me to survive in this world on my own. Though for now, the difference is that I have Tiffany with me, for as long as I hope it would be. 


As I enjoy another typical attractive sight of my eye-smiling angel, I poke her cheeks to gain her attention, before pointing to my eyes.


Look into my eyes. 

What am I thinking about?
 I tap on my temple while lifting my brows in a challenging manner, as I decided put a casual test on Tiffany. 


I sort of regret my meaningless set up as I awkwardly struggle to keep a straight face at her. With those demonstrative hazel eyes staring back at me, I should have known better that it is going to be a testing mission. 


“Hmm….” Her face inches closer as she tilts her head, trying to take a ‘better look’ at my eyes. I held my breath, hoping to curb my thumping heart somehow, though it was entirely futile. 


“I only see my reflection in your eyes…?” I crease my brows in disbelief as my nostrils flared in annoyance at her tease. 


“Alright alrights… Let me try again….” This time, she cups my cheeks tenderly as she draws our faces a little nearer, with our noses almost touching each other’s. 


“Not only did I see myself… I see… Love….”


“You’re thinking about me…”


“You said… ‘I love you’.” 


With that, she lessened the least bit of space between us as she connects our lips together in the most doting manner, almost cute. I smiled against her lips before pushing them back with equal passion. 


I love you. I have repeated it many times today, only in different ways. I am sure those tacit and intrinsic manners to show my love has penetrated her heart as much as verbal words could. 














After sending Tiffany back to her workplace, I decide to visit a nearby coffee bar, getting a cup of mocha before settling down on a shaded seat outside, sprawling my notebook and pieces of paper on the table to commence on my work. Browsing through the pictures in my phone, I began to process ideas in my head coupled with the useful notes that I have recorded. Inspirations seem to pour in like an avalanche as I speedily toddle on a blank page. It only took me less than an hour to come up with a detailed design of the poster. Satisfied with the theme that I had come up with, I began to draw out a canvas sheet to embark on the challenging task. I had never work on an art piece slated for an institution. Thus, I found it taxing with my minimal confidence. However, with Tiffany’s encouragement reiterating in the back of my mind, I was very much motivated to take a crack at it. I had no idea if this is what Mr Lee had wanted, but I am just going to give it my all. 


I had almost lost track of time, only realising that four good hours had past in the twinkle of an eye when a waiter approached me, enquiring if I needed another cup of beverage. I smiled at him sheepishly as I have been free-riding on their space. Hence, I agreed to his suggestion of having another drink as I wanted to work on the last bit of my poster. I reached for my mobile to key in some words on it to notify Tiffany about my whereabouts before reaching for my pastels once again. 


At long last, I was done with it. A huge sense of relief and accomplishment ran through my blood as I took a sip of the already cold latte that the waiter had newly gotten for me, which was an hour ago. While taking one last look at my masterpiece before rolling it up for safekeeping, an instant black patch was casted on it, and I realise it was Tiffany’s shadow after looking up to meet her bright smile. 


“Working on the poster?” Without prying away her eyes from mine, she plops down on the wooden chair beside me. She then shifts her attention to my artwork, looking at it with immense interest. 


“And you did all these in just an afternoon’s time? Taeyeon ah… You’re really talented…!”


Beaming with contentment, I roll up the canvas sheet after I got up, getting ready to set off with her. She hooked onto my arm as we leave the coffee bar with smiles on our faces to mark the end of our working day. 


“To reward you for your great work…. Here is… A lollipop for you… Cola-flavoured” A miniature sphere wrapped with red and black stripes appeared before me and I gladly accepted it from her hand.


“Jessica got a huge bag of candies for Yuri… Hence I picked one or two from it. And I know you love cola-flavoured candies…” I excitedly peel the wrapper off the lollipop before me while paying attention to what she had said. Her thoughtful actions made the candy even sweeter as I pop the stick into my mouth, enjoying the sugariness of it. 


I felt like a child when Tiffany looks at me in enjoyment, with me and my favourite snack. With only the intention to share my pleasure with her, I pull out the lollipop from my mouth and lift it in front of her face, expecting her to take it. However, when I saw her face flushing in pink, I almost wanted to face-palm myself with my preposterous action. We may have the habit of sharing food, such as drinking from the same straw and stuffs. But little did I realise that sharing a lollipop seems to be a much more intimate thing to do, as I look at the shiny surface of the candy glossed by my saliva. To think that I had urged Tiffany to consume it without hesitation. My face displayed nothing but embarrassments when I took a glance at her now redden face.


“Uhm… Taetae… For me?” 


My hand hung in mid-air, unknowing of how to react, just like her. However, I was relieved yet twitchy when she took the lollipop, watching it shyly before gradually pushing it into . I was certain that my face was in deep crimson when I saw her lips touching the gleaming surface of the candy, before letting her tongue roll out to welcome the intrusion of the object in her hand. Her pink lips covered the edge of the sphere and stick nicely and while the corners of were tugged in an upward curve. The thought of Tiffany tasting my saliva in such a sensual way was more provocative then I ever know, and my face was definitely silly looking at her just like this. 


The lollipop was slowly pushed out of after a few good seconds of on it. This time, she returns it back to me, coated with her salivate as she shoves the candy right in front of my eyes. It certainly felt like a déjà vu, and I finally understood how she felt a moment earlier. Despite not communicating through our eyes, our actions betrayed our bashfulness upon such intimacy. 


However, I felt an unconscious grin creeping onto my face when I place the lollipop back into my mouth, slowly savouring the sweet fluid enhanced by Tiffany’s salivate. It made my body feverish, owing to the idea of having an indirect kiss with the girl beside me. Such an implicit manner to share our love was definitely unique yet ardent. 


We do not need anything fiery and passionate to ignite our love. A sparkle of inimitable action is more than enough. 














Switching on my table lamp, I reach for a pen before scribbling chunks of words on my notepad. I intend to do an explanatory letter along with the poster so that Mr Lee could better understand the concept I had for my art piece. While pausing in between to think of apposite words and phrases, a couple of knocks were heard, with Tiffany skipping into my room in her cute pink t-shirt.


“What are you still working on? It’s late….” Concerned about my health, she places her hands on my shoulders before kneading and massaging them with her nifty fingers. 


I have to write something for my poster. I waved my occupied right hand in mid-air before pointing at the rolled artwork on the table. 


“I see… Well… I think I could help… And you can go to bed like right away…”


I flipped around on my seat to fully face her with my puzzled look, wondering what witty plan she had on her mind. 


“I can accompany you to Mr Lee’s office tomorrow. You can do your explanation with hand gestures, and I will vocalise them for you.” 


Her proposal is indeed intelligent and feasible, very thoughtful as well. I could not agree more as I gave a nod of approval, before being ushered and pushed by her to my bed. 


I obeyed and hop onto the bed in an instant, slip my body under the blankets with her watchful eyes lingering on me. 


“Sleep well Taetae… I will be there with you tomorrow…” She kisses my forehead before switching off the lights. I smiled at the diminishing back view of hers before shutting my eyes in comfort. I may be a few months older then Tiffany, but it is the smiling angel who takes greater care of me throughout the years. 












Squeezing my hand as she knocks on the glass door with the other one, we await a response from the man inside while giggling at the doorway. 


After getting consent from the occupant in the room, I followed Tiffany in as we greeted the elder one. 


“Good morning Mr Lee….” I bowed in sync with Tiffany’s husky voice before taking the seat opposite the man in white robe. 


“Hi lovely ladies…. What brings you here…? Oh Taeyeon, don’t tell me that you had completed the poster?” 


I bobbed my head before reaching for my bag to rummage for my work while I heard Tiffany conversing affably with Mr Lee. 


“Taeyeon is really efficient when it comes to work. Because she would put her heart and soul into her tasks.” 


“I can see it too. This was why I roped in her assistance this time.” 


“I saw her work. It was brilliant. Anyways Mr Lee, Taeyeon has some explanations on the poster she did. I will help to translate and convey her ideas.”


“Ready Taetae?” Tiffany turned towards me in a quick motion, her warm hand pressed against my left arm, smiling and reassuring me at the same time. 


I composed myself before looking at the middle-aged man in front of me, gesturing at him keenly. I took a pause after every sentence that I formed, taking fleeting looks at the girl beside me while she vocalise my thoughts thoroughly. The way she converted my thoughts into words was beyond description, as she seemed to have expressed the deeper side of my intended thoughts other than the rudimentary and superficial levels in my gesticulated actions. Moreover, our necessary and timely pauses in between the sentences as we exchanged communicative glances, displayed our wonderful chemistry. It was like, a mere second of eye contact and she knew what I am thinking next. It was not difficult for me at all to be at complete ease when I got a little more eager to show more of my ideas to Mr Lee through Tiffany. 


“I really like the concept of yours Taeyeon. In this way, you had shown the other sides of our caring nurses, which is a very important aspect, definitely portraying the warm and compassionate environment of our hospital.” Mr Lee’s compliment set smiles across both of our faces as we nodded politely at him. 


We respectfully excused ourselves out of the room after Sunny’s father accepted and kept my masterpiece. 


“I told you Taetae… My plan works…” Tiffany beams proudly as we leave the office. I caress the back of her hand as we stroll along the corridor, my eyes never once shifted away from her face. I could feel my throat packed with unspoken gratitude, especially the word ‘thank you’. Yet, as much as I had wanted to express it verbally to the girl beside me, I do not have the ability to convert my feelings into speech. Nevertheless, I know that I had to show my gratefulness somehow. Pulling Tiffany closer by the waist, I pressed my lips against her cheeks before placing my palm just below my lips and pull it downwards. 

Thank you. 



Cos you bring out the best in me, like no-one else can do 
That's why I'm by your side, and that's why I love you 

 

=======================================

thanks all for subscribing~~~ especially new readers ^.^

il do my best to post up the rest of the chaps =)