Your Love Is All I Need

My Conveyor

 

Taeyeon's POV

 

 

Love enables you to put your deepest feelings and fears in the palm of your partner's hand, knowing they will be handled with care
 -------Carl S. Avery

 

 

My body shook with uneasiness when I felt the nippy breeze my skin which was partially exposed by my slightly lifted shirt. Coupled with the muffling sounds that have traversed through the walls, I opened my eyes to justify the fact that Tiffany was not beside me, as I touch the slightly creased bed-linen left by her. Making a pointless pout, I made my way out of the room as my eyes widen slightly larger by the bright lights of the hallway. I mentally concluded that Tiffany’s dad has returned from work.

 

I inquisitively popped my head into his room when I heard the faint familiar husky voice of my dearest.

 

“I hope you could give us your blessings...” The sight of Tiffany was certainly a rare one, as I saw her biting lips and lowering eyes. It does seem that she was making some form of apology, as the atmosphere of the room got weirder with an eerie silence. Mr Hwang’s lengthy exhalation was the reply, creating some form of jittery within me as well. What is going on? What is Tiffany trying to tell her dad? The ‘Us’, is she referring to me and her? Blessings? Could it be that the ever-so-considerate companion of mine is taking up all the possible backlash of our hidden love?

All those uncertain issues fill my head as I stood quietly behind the door, seeking for further substantiation to my conjunction by eavesdropping something that I was not supposed to, yet inevitably involved in.

 

“I know that you’ve been giving me the best since young. But Daddy, could you please give your consent to my one and only last absurd request? I really love Taeyeon, so please.... I.... This... This is the only thing that I am sure of and wanted for the rest of my life...”

 

My eyes started to sting when Tiffany gave a deep bow, seemingly intending to remain in that position as her back slouch with the burden of our love that is somewhat unforeseen for Mr Hwang.

 

Tiffany... You shouldn’t have...

 

 

***

“Taetae....” Her typically adorable way to address me captured my attention as I place the remote control aside after flipping through the channels with no particular interest in the contents shown on the screen. I was rather enjoying the comfort of having Tiffany in my arms as she drew circles on my thighs. She has been rather muted after coming back from work, and I presumed that she could have been physically and mentally drained. I played with her hair before planting a peck on her forehead, hoping to brighten her mood a little, as well as responding to her out-of-the-blue verbalisation.

 

“Do you think daddy would accept the love that we have now?”

 

Returning her gaze, I carefully ponder and digest her words while looking at those pinkish lips that form into a thin line.

 

I clearly understood the anxiety that she is feeling, because I have been silently fretting over the insecurity derived from our undisclosed relationship. It would have been a gallant portrayal of love if I could assure Tiffany that our most respected elder would support the unfathomable love that we share. However, as much as I wanted to be positive, I could not obliterate any possible and conceivable refutations from Mr Hwang. How can it be of any logic that two girls under the same roof would fall in love with one another, in a romantically manner? I was sure that Tiffany and I had that dubious statement flashed across our minds before, and it had somehow prevented us from unveiling our growing sentiments for each other. We have come a long way in removing those inescapable obstacles and huge psychological barriers between the two of us. Thus, it would certainly take Mr Hwang a great deal of time to fully acknowledge our more-than-friends love.

 

Plainly unsure of how to give a plausible reply, I continued to caress her cheeks, trying to ease myself, or rather, dodge from her rather touchy question.

 

“Well it’s okay... I am sure we would be able to find the right time to let him know. Let us just enjoy what we have now...” Feeling her gentle lips on mine, I flutter my eyes shut to indulge myself with the increasing fervour between us, hiding in Tiffany’s colossal love and affections as we brush aside the lingering apprehension that continues to lie within us discreetly. We were both aware of the need to obtain more support and approving voices to cushion our love, but we were also momentarily contented, just by having each other as the sole pillar to withstand any adversity.

***

 

Is this the right time to let him know about us? I have no idea. But I clearly know that I should not be standing here, doing nothing but watch Tiffany valiantly facing the consequences. I should be standing beside her, clutching her hand to give the warmth and support which she is probably lacking of right now. It feels like watching her soak in the rain from afar while I have my umbrella. How can I be so selfish? Yet I was more than afraid to throw it off to brace the storm. My grip on the side of the door tightens, as I wavered, together with my shifting feet.

 

“What makes you think that I would not grant your silly request again this time?” Mr Hwang stopped his finger tapping on the armchair as he began to move towards Tiffany with heavy steps. My lovely angel lifted her head slowly to face her father with crossed fingers, still clammed up like a shell as she fidgets her hands. On the other hand, I was biting my lips unconsciously with bated breath, as the two of us wait for further explanations by the man-of-the-house at the same time, but not at the same spot.

 

“Both of you are my daughters, shouldn’t I be giving the fullest support as a father?”

 

Daughter. I am truly aware that I regard Tiffany’s dad more than just a mere guardian and caretaker. In fact, he is like a father to me. Just like my companion, Mr Hwang is like a gift from god in replacement of my parents. Those loves that he has shown me over the years were no less than those for his own daughter. Hence, at some point of time, I could already see the special place I had in his heart. But to hear it for myself was definitely something different. It intensifies the surging emotions in my heart so much.

 

***

“Daddy...! Save Taetae....!” Tiffany’s shrill filled the whole house as I lie weakly on my bed. The heat within my body was torturous, making me nauseous and anaemic. I trembled under the quilts and attempt to mutter with my parched lips when her dad rushed into the room frantically.

 

I felt his big and warm hands cupping my cheeks before he proceed to touch my forehead and arms with an uneasy expression. Without a word, he pulled me onto his sturdy and broad shoulders as he stood up without much difficulty.

 

“Sweetie, stay at home and I will bring Taeyeon back safely.” Mr Hwang assured my worried pal before galloping out of the house with me on his back.

 

His grip on my cold hands tightens with each passing minute and I could feel his growing anxiety.

 

“Taeyeon ah... Hang on....”

 

The deepness in his voice kept me awake as I make an effort to keep my eyes open, looking at the beads of sweat forming on his sideburns despite the cold weather. I had never felt so safe and protected before.

***

 

Despite being utterly weak and sick, that moment still vividly resides in my heart and mind even after a span of eleven years.

 

Mr Hwang may have shown more of his strict and demanding side to us with his rigid and firm standards. Yet, there were times when he proves that he has his compassionate side as well. He is truly a man whom I respect so much, and deeply indebted to.

 

 

“Are you sure you’re going to do this Taeyeon?”

 

The scepticism in his tone made me uneasy despite being adamant and set about in choosing to be a freelance street artist. Nonetheless, I nodded surely but guiltily at him as I have wasted his money and effort in providing a holistic education for me throughout the years. That was already a huge debt that I could not repay in a lifetime, yet I am somehow taking it for granted again. Being a young woman with aspiration, I chose to pursue my dreams and interest instead. I know it would not earn me huge bucks in being a street artist. However, I seek to achieve both ends, to become a successful and recognised artist one day so as to earn enough money to repay him. I was confident of achieving it at that point of time because I had not known the difficulties in embarking a challenging and unsteady career.

 

“Don’t expect me to rent up a place just for you, much less a gallery.”

 

I was very much hurt by that statement but it spurred me to prove him wrong with my drawing talents. It induced me to convince him that I would turn out successful enough to not disappoint with his unconditional guidance and care. I went on to buy my own drawing materials with the measly savings I had, on top of the extra earnings I made as a part-time sales assistant at a bookstore.

 

Positive and upbeat about my first working day as a freelance artist on the street, I eagerly displayed my pieces on the concrete ground. However, I ended up spending the whole day drawing the scenery around me as none of the passer-bys took notice of my artworks, leaving me feeling dejected and doleful. Thoughts of regret began to surface as I wiped away a drop of tear in the pitiless cold night.

 

“I would like to buy this drawing miss.” My ears pricked upon the sound of a familiar manly voice. Looking up, the gentle smile of Mr Hwang greeted me. He took my hand and placed a pile of folded notes in it, closing them with my fingers as his tender hands emitted genuine warm that protects mine from the cold.

 

“Take this as your first trade done and I am your first customer. I am sure from now on, there would be more patrons to come. Be patient.” I look at my hand which is now stuffed with wads, given by the most unexpected person of all. He went on in helping me to keep away my drawings as he led me home with his big arm on my shoulder.

 

“Taeyeon ah.... Here is the license that I’ve gotten for you from the municipal street artist programme. If not you would be hunted down by patrolling police officers won’t you?”

 

Taking the small piece of paper from his hands, my heart went on a guilt trip as I felt ashamed at my immature beliefs and ambition. Mr Hwang might have grimly expressed his disapproval during the first time, but his actions today wholly contradicted his stern nature. He did not let me fall and crushed onto the hard ground callously when he could have done. Instead, he gave me a parachute, allowing me to experience the testing first step but help me reach my ultimate destination unscathed.

 

 

More tears trickled down my cheeks as my body shook with the addition of an accountability as Mr Hwang’s valued daughter, and Tiffany’s adored lover.

 

“Daddy... so you mean....”

 

“It is rather difficult for me to take this as a fact, but I’ve actually seen it coming. There is just... this special connection between you and Taeyeon that I could not turn a blind eye to. And Taeyeon... From the very first day I saw her, it had very much reminded me of you, sweetie.”

 

Tiffany puckers her brows at her father’s ambiguous confession.

 

“Guiding her through the vocal therapy sessions made me know more about her, despite the fact that I wasn’t able to help in her recovery. Besides, knowing the fact that she had lost her parents, I couldn’t help but feel badly for this child. I truly know how it feels for a kid to lose their beloved parents, and not having a complete family that they should be blessed with. Because that was what you were going through since young...”

 

“Daddy...” Mr Hwang slowly and gently fondles his daughter’s hair as tears fill his eyes when the girl before him began to croak.

 

“How could I not feel your pain in losing Mummy? I could still remember the way you cry so wretchedly when she passes. You were only five....”

 

Both Tiffany and Mr Hwang had never mentioned about their other family member, especially Tiffany. The topic of parents was rarely raised between us. I always had a hunch that something bad happened to her mum, but I was afraid to probe. Moreover, being the optimistic and jolly girl that I always knew, Tiffany always shows a smile no matter how hard her life has been. She had her own difficulties throughout our growing up years, but she was much more positive than me. She is just like a sun, which provides immeasurable warmth and light to each and everyone around her, but herself. Imagine the possibility of losing this sun in my life one day, there would be nothing but darkness and coldness.  

 

During each repetitive day
You're the sun that revolves around me

I hope all of my dreams
Do not change tomorrow
Including your feelings

 

 

“So I guess Taeyeon is a gift to us from Mummy. How could I disregard the happiness that she has brought to both you and me all this while?”

 

Over a decade of living together has certainly bonded us way deeper than we have imagined. We may not have expressed it every day, but in times like this, when backing and encouragement becomes necessary, we would not be afraid to offer each other some, if not all of what we have. And such a kindred relationship is often undervalued, but today, the tie that I have with Tiffany and her dad, has run deeper within my veins. Tiffany’s courage and Mr Hwang’s wholehearted love would become too precious within my grasp if I choose to remain as what I am; a cowardice mute.

 

“I would not get in the way of your relationship with Taeyeon, not to mention breaking up the both of you. It’s just that I would be kind of uncomfortable seeing you girls doing something.... Like kissing?”

 

“Uh daddy!” Tiffany breaks into her charming eye smile once more as she placed both her hands on the cheeks in embarrassment.

 

“Every parent wants the best for their child, including me. So.... Treat Taeyeon well ok?”

 

Tiffany took a step forward, to envelop her father with a much needed embrace.

 

“I will.... Thank you daddy.... thank you....” Mr Hwang the back of her head lovingly, something that I have not seen for a long time.

 

“Silly girl....”

 

My lips trembled before I bit on them a little harder, clamming down my overriding emotions that were attempting to be made known.

 

I could have join in and enjoy the blissfulness of kinship, but I decide to take a step back as I return to my room quietly with more tears pouring down my face, drowning in a much needed self reflection.

 

Tiffany’s determination to learn psychology in those four years, and her resilient courage to convince her dad were done out of passionate love, just for me.

 

Likewise, Mr Hwang’s impartial portrayal of care and concern as a foster father and the willingness to accept our forbidden relationship, were done out of parental love, for Tiffany and for me.

 

In return, what have I truly done for the both of them? All I did was nothing but to take their love for granted all this while. What I have received greatly exceeded what I gave. Despite their efforts in assisting me to regain my talking ability, I simply opted to remain as what I am when I could have spent more effort to recover what I have lost. Because I used to have this belief that something we had lost, would be forever gone, just like my parents. However, today, Tiffany and Mr Hwang proved to me the otherwise. The love from my dad and mum has never once left me, they were just passed on by the two most important people I have in my life now. I have learnt the hard way about the importance in cherishing our loved ones, and I would never want to experience that again.   

 

Life is so full of unpredictability that we simply have no chances to rethink or hesitate in showing our gratitude and love to those who deserves them. I was born with a voice, it is just that it has temporary left me to seek for better people who knows how to cherish it. Now, I am convinced that as long as I have the courage and will, I would repossess and utilise it well.

 

For them, I will change. I will regain my speech to tell them how much they mean to me, no matter how hard it would be.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Gently pushing the pink door, I made my way into the room with the intention to wake the girl who is supposedly slumbering in her bed. However, the bed lays nothing but neatly folded quilts and stacked pillows as Tiffany was nowhere in sight.

 

Ruffling my hair as I made a quick search around the house, I finally found her in the kitchen, scrutinising the fridge in her working wear much to my surprise as I was usually the earlier one.

 

“Good morning Taetae....” She assaulted my lips with her pink and supple ones and I was freshened up by the mellow minty scent of her breath. Her pearly white smile greeted me together with those loveable eyesmile as we remain in a hugging position. She seems particularly exultant today, owing to the feeling of relief? Nothing could be better than having parental approval on what we want. I suppose this is the kind of happiness that Tiffany is enjoying at the moment, as for me, the happiness doubles when the person I love is genuinely happy. The reflex smile on my face upon her hearty giggles was the best prove to it.  

 

“Do you wanna have some pancakes for breakfast? There were some pancake mixes left in the shelf which I’ve found... As well as some eggs in the fridge... Sounds good?” She presses and pinches my cheeks as though they were dough. Despite the slight aching feel, I could not complain the forms of affection that were provided in abundance by the beautiful angel before me.  

 

“You’re so cute Taetae...” Seemingly looking forward to another lovely peck by the girl before me, I furrowed my brows when Tiffany slowly slid off her hands from my face as her cheeks flush in a slight tinge of pink, lips curving a little when her eyes widened momentarily before darting away deftly. I almost jumped out of my skin upon realisation that her dad has somehow intruded our privacy a moment earlier when I curiously turned my head around. I scratched my neck while greeting him with a bashful smile.

 

“Uh Daddy.... Pancakes fine for you?” Tiffany broke the awkwardness before advancing to the kitchen counter.

 

“Are you sure they could be eaten at the end of the day? Give her a hand Taeyeon...” Mr Hwang raised and twitched his brows at me and I gave him an ‘ok’ sign before he unfolds the newspaper with his hands.

 

Obligingly, I skipped towards Tiffany to help her with the chores. Despite her clumsiness in handling the pots and pans, I watch by her with my eyes fixated on her face, observing the resolute and determined expression on it. I only rendered my help when necessary and thus I had ample time to take quick glances at the middle-aged man who was waiting for our final product. I thought I saw a rare smile on his increasingly lined face when I caught him looking at us. I wondered if it was the knowledge of our newly defined relationship that caused him to observe us in an unusual way. Or perhaps, Mr Hwang has been very observant all this while, while we were the oblivious ones, as those closely involved could not see as clearly as those outside. 

 

 

“Breakfast ready.......!” Tiffany announced or in this case, yelled animatedly as we place the slightly burnt pancakes on the table. She repeatedly pointed to her ‘masterpiece’, indicating for us to try it. I carefully cut a piece from the plate before placing it into my mouth charily. I chew on the fluffy cake as a tang of bitterness emerged after a few good seconds of meticulous tasting. In spite of the below par cooking, I am thankful for the effort made by the girl beside me, as I smiled gratefully.

 

It really delights me to see her in such a buoyant mood, as her deep chuckles stimulated my curiosity about her euphoria.

 

Why are you so happy?I bounce and rotate my hands to pose a question at Tiffany who is feeding me more slices of pancake. My deduction should have been correct, when she took a quick look at her father sitting adjacent to us.

 

“Of course she is happy. In fact, I am happy too.”

 

My mouth widened a bit as Mr Hwang’s abrupt response took me by surprise. Not that I was taken aback by his revelation, it was just the fact that I had not expected the readiness in disclosing his acceptance.

 

“Taeyeon ah.... Tiffany has told me about... About how much she loves you and how much she wanted me to grant your wishes...” Mr Hwang bends slightly forward as he places down the utensils in his hands.

 

He then takes hold of my hand to place it onto Tiffany’s. Astonishment was written all over my face as my hand was sandwiched between two warm ones. The grip of Mr Hwang’s was soft yet earnest and a long sigh escaped his lips before resuming his thought-out speech.

 

“I’ve seen how much you girls have grown up. Especially Tiffany, she has become much more patient and dedicated in whatever she does. And you have become livelier and receptive. The two of you complement each other well... I am really glad about it.”

 

“Moreover... Both of you remain as my daughters no matter what yea? The three of us remain as a happy family isn’t it?”

 

Mr Hwang may not have said it every day, but such occasional portrayal of honest feelings creates a lasting and impactful impression, because words that are used sparingly and spoken well at the right moment becomes rare and precious like gems.

 

Looking at the tender smile on his face, I stood up with all my uncontainable emotions before giving the latter a hug, a hug with the words that I wanted to say.

 

Thank you for everything that you’ve given me, Appa.

 

 

Deep in my heart
Pain silently melts away
Now I'll wipe away the tears and pour in happiness

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

With the encouragement from the two most important persons in my life, I strive for the best in everything I do, cherishing all the opportunities that came by. Besides, I became more cognisant about my own vocal condition. Now that I have my artist dream came true, I would want to bring my ultimate wish to fruition as well. After I began work at the art gallery, Tiffany gave her relentless support more than ever and it incites my fortitude to recover my ability to speak.

 

“How’s your work today Taetae?” The girl sitting adjacent to me probes eagerly after I fed her a spoonful of rice. Her selfless side never fails to brighten my day even if I was rather worn out at the end of the day. Smiling at her thoughtfulness, I gave her a thumbs sign before pinching her nose teasingly.

 

As we have been busy with our respective jobs, it has been a long time since we have a good meal together. Making full use of the free time we are currently benefiting from, I grab her hand in mine to gain her attention as I have a query for her.

 

Have you ever wonder how I sound like?I tap on my temple before pointing to my throat and then place my hand beside my ear.

 

“Hmm... To be honest, I have been wondering about that since young... I think your voice is high-pitched? Your scream at the theme park the other time can break glasses you know? I bet you will sound well if you can speak...”

 

I nodded unthinkingly at her cute description of my voice which was familiar yet distant to me.

 

“But nonetheless, I won’t mind even if you could not regain your voice. Because I like your personality, not how you sound right?” She lightly pats on our clutched hands while her eyes slits form the shape of crescents.    

 

“You will be able to speak again Taetae.... Trust me.”

 

Her tone possesses conviction and I reckon that she has perhaps, found a way to overcome my disability.

 

Do you happen to know
How long I've wondered?
Whenever I was weary
I always thought about your hands that always reached out

Saying I love you is still hard
But I'll say it one day

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A long yawn escaped from my lips after a failed attempt to hold it in. I blink my eyes disbelievingly when I past Tiffany’s room which is still brightly lit. She is still up at this wee hour. Peering in behind the half-opened door, I saw an occupied Tiffany with her netbook on her laps. Assuming that she is probably working on something important, I decide to give her some personal space despite the itch to snuggle up beside her. At that juncture, an abrupt idea popped up in my mind.

 

I wait patiently before my desktop screen, drumming my fingers on the mouse while doing so. After logging on to the web messenger, I eagerly run through the list of wordy names and finally found the person whom I wanted to chat with.

 

Fany <3 Sweetaeng

 

I chuckled to myself. Since when did I become ‘Sweetaeng’? Nevertheless, I click on the tab twice to commence our conversation.  

 

Taetae <3 Mushroom says: Annyoung.... ^.^

 

Fany <3 Sweetaeng says: OMG Taetae! Y are u here?! I thought u were asleep!

 

Taetae <3 Mushroom says: I shld be the one who’s asking u that! Anyways, wads wif the nickname? =P

 

Fany <3 Sweetaeng says: Yah! Dat’s... None of ur biz.... =.=

 

Taetae <3 Mushroom says: *pouts* I’m jus amused why u made me sound so adorable everytime...

 

Fany <3 Sweetaeng says: U’re adorable...

 

Fany <3 Sweetaeng says: HEY YAH! Can u pls change dat nick?!

 

Taetae <3 Mushroom says: I think it’s cute! *merong*

 

Fany <3 Sweetaeng says: I always gave u adorable nicks! Y can’t u do the same?! >.<

 

Taetae <3 Mushroom says: Wads wrong wif mushroom? It’s cute....

 

Fany <3 Sweetaeng says: I’m not gonna talk to u....

 

Taetae <3 Mushroom says: ......? T.T

 

Fany <3 Sweetaeng says: *folding arms*

 

I pause for a moment, thinking of ways to pacify my annoyed lover. In fact, I do have a sweet but cheesy name just for her, it is just that I could not seem to type it out in our phone conversations. However, determine to placate the latter, I scratch on my itchy scalp before making some modifications to my username.

 

Taetae <3 Yeppeuni says: *tap tap* lookie..... ^_^

 

Fany <3 Sweetaeng says: who’s yeppeuni.....?

 

Taetae <3 Yeppeuni says: uhm....

 

Fany <3 Sweetaeng says: *I’m watching u...*

 

Taetae <3 Yeppeuni says: why didn’t u ask how I came up wif this name? =D

 

Fany <3 Sweetaeng says: oh okays.... what’s the inspiration? Or rather... who’s the inspiration? >=)

 

Taetae <3 Yeppeuni says: oh... u see.... it’s like this... pretty... fany.... yeppeo... pani.... yeppeoni....

 

Fany <3 Sweetaeng says: AW..... Taetae.... I’m gonna give u a big hug like now!

 

Taetae <3 Yeppeuni says: u’re done wif ur stuffs?

 

Fany <3 Sweetaeng says: uh... no?

 

Taetae <3 Yeppeuni says: finish it quickly so dat u can go to bed early =) I dun wanna see a panda-eyed yeppeuni?

 

Fany <3 Sweetaeng says: u can turn in 1st if u’re tired.... anyways... y are we conversing here when we’re in the same house?!

 

Taetae <3 Yeppeuni says: kekkekeke.... uh.... bcos I dun wanna disturb u in person....

 

Fany <3 Sweetaeng says: but u’re still distracting me? O.o

 

Taetae <3 Yeppeuni says: u can always work on ur stuffs but chat wif me at the same time... besides... I think it’s interesting to chat like this... ^^

 

Fany <3 Sweetaeng says: but I didn’t like it...

 

Taetae <3 Yeppeuni says: wae?

 

Fany <3 Sweetaeng says: bcos it reminds me of the days when we’re apart.......

 

Tiffany and I will never forget the four dreadful years. As much as many have said that absence sharpens love, I would never want to go through the torment of living a life without her, again.

 

Taetae <3 Yeppeuni says: oo.... uh... we’re now just metres apart? Hohoho.... anyways... wad are u working on exactly? Need my help? ^^

 

Fany <3 Sweetaeng says: oh... actually.... I’m doing something related to u...

 

Taetae <3 Yeppeuni says: me?

 

Fany <3 Sweetaeng says: yea.... I’m looking for a hypnotherapist...

 

Taetae <3 Yeppeuni says: hypnotherapy? Those kind of.... looking at the swinging ball and goes off into a deep sleep?

 

Fany <3 Sweetaeng says: hahahaha! Well... u can say so.... I’m trying to engage one to aid in regaining ur speech... Taetae... are u afraid?

 

Taetae <3 Yeppeuni says: no... as long as it’s for the welfare of my vocal condition... I am not afraid of anything... I want to get well soon fany....

 

Fany <3 Sweetaeng says: really Taetae? Well... if thats the case.... I have something that I want to know from u.... So that this hypnotherapy will turn out successful...

 

Taetae <3 Yeppeuni says: oh okays... go ahead....

 

I readily agreed to her request as I presume that there would be no harm in doing so. However, I was wrong.

 

Fany <3 Sweetaeng says: actually... what really happened to ur parents?

 

At the start, I was rather caught off guard as the ‘taboo’ that somewhat lies between us have been mentioned. Then again, I am greatly aware that it is only a matter of time that I have to unveil any hidden secrets to the most significant person in my life, so that I will be able to seek comfort in those big and warm arms of hers, as I believe that she has the ability handle my darkest fears and consternation in a good way.

 

Slowly but surely typing out each word, I describe and explain the unmentioned history of my parents to Tiffany, unlocking the burdens within my chest at the same time, liberating it progressively.

 

Taetae <3 Yeppeuni says: My dad and Mum were professors in an institute n they’d provided me a rather pleasant life wif their earnings. Despite being really bz wif their jobs, they would always return home wif gifts and toys for me... That evening... I stood at the porch, eagerly waitin for their return....

 

Taetae <3 Yeppeuni says: As their car approaches our yard, I wave at them excitedly, and my mother was waving a newly bought plushie for me... but the things that happened next... I could not do anything but watch them die before me...

 

Fany <3 Sweetaeng says: Taetae.... it’s ok if u don’t wanna explain the incident in detail....

 

Taetae <3 Yeppeuni says: All was too fast... A huge truck came crashing into their car from behind... the force was so great that... the car was completely smashed into pieces... my dad and mum were still inside....

 

My fingers tremble as they graze the keyboard and an uncontrollable tear fell onto the back of my hand. That long gone stinging sensation perforated my heart once more. Unexpectedly, I found myself wrapped in a pair of familiar arms when the sweet scent of Tiffany replaced the salty whiff of tears.

 

“Taetae.... Don’t say it anymore.... Don’t say if it hurts...” Her grip on my arms tightens as I ease myself into her broad shoulders. Her voice was filled with fretfulness as well. We remained in that position as her comforting embrace alleviates my pain little by little. 

 

 

Your love is all I need
Because of you, I'm able to fight against pain
Baby, I'm not afraid of what will come tomorrow
If we're together

 

 

 

 

 

With all the mental exhaustion derived from the past few weeks, I should have been knocked out in the lulling dark night, especially with Tiffany’s arms binding my waist securely. Conversely, I was not a tad bit lethargic as I unintentionally brush the back of the delicate hands that were fastened firmly on my abdomen.   

 

“Can’t sleep?” Tiffany’s warm breath tickled my neck as her husky voice chimed melodiously into my ears.

 

Responding to her concern, I unclasp her hands before flipping myself around to stare at her angelic face. She pulled me closer by the waist and gave a quick peck on my forehead.

 

Enjoying the propinquity between us, we share a few lingering kisses on the lips, convincing and hushing each other to sleep. However, tonight is just one of those nights that I can barely steer clear of the image of an endearing Tiffany, looking back at me with her smouldering eyes. Touching and outlining her face, I was almost melted by the rising heat that emanates from her body and it was the final straw for me, when I was lost in each increasingly avid kisses. We express as much as we could with our moulded lips, exchanging feelings of not only attraction and neediness, but in addition to the reinforcement and fortification of reliance upon each other.

 

I simply do not mind getting burnt by Tiffany’s flame of love, as it has been effectual in melting down the rime walls that used to suffocate me. In fact, I should keep the fire going as I am getting used to her warmth and affections more and more.

 

The roots of our love have deepened further as it extends into new territories, with each tiny strand resiliently clutching onto the soil as the bond between the plant and hard ground strengthens. Nothing could seem to destroy the connection between Tiffany and I. However, I am also aware of the risk in giving away the whole of me, as the deeper I try to submerge myself in her endless love, the pain would be greater if I were to lose this special bond someday.

 

Cherish becomes harder when we do not know what might come tomorrow.

 

Your love is all I need
We're not alone, it might be early but
I will let you know
Baby, I'm not afraid of what will come tomorrow
If we're together