Nothing can come between us

My Conveyor

Tiffany's POV

 

==========================

 

 

Love is where there is nothing between us. And there is never anything between us. There is only love. - Jeff Foster 

 

My vision slowly regains its clarity when I attempt to rub out the dirt in my eye. Shuffling out of my room aimlessly, I let out a contented long yawn after an ample sleep. It has been a few weeks since I had a day off from work. Hence, I am looking forward to what Taeyeon has in store for me today. Coupled with the fact that my dad was out early for work, I could not help but giggle at the countless opportunities to spend some quality time with my lover. While swinging and stretching my arms, I found myself strolling my way to the kitchen unthinkingly. Perhaps, it was the aroma of freshly bake bread that stimulated my senses. An unconscious smile crept onto my face when I was greeted with an adorable sight of Taeyeon bending before the oven, cautiously taking out her products.  

 

That petite back view of hers is certainly endearing, when I simply had no self-control, but to tackle her with a warm back hug, audaciously pecking on her left cheek while doing so. We have become much more comfortable with each other’s portrayal of affections upon each and every single touch, building with a bit more affirmation on our already inexplicable relationship. Conceivably, we might have attained a level of being self-contented. We are contented with our love, and we do not need anyone to understand those things that lie between us.

 

The girl in my arms returned a dorky grin after my unexpected ‘attack’ on her face, before she reacted by placing down the tray in her hands and asked,

 

Have you brushed your teeth?Her right hand did a circular motion in front of her pouted lips. Yah! Was she indicating that I have a bad morning breath?

 

“Why? Did I smell bad?! I am so gonna punished you with my ‘stinky’ kisses...” I pucker my lips with the intent to place more pecks on her milky skin before she wriggles her way out of my arms.

 

Go and brush your teeth! She widened her eyes at me before pushing me by the shoulders as I was taken to the bathroom reluctantly.

I deliberately stood in front of the mirror, motionless, as I wanted to see how this cute kid would react. She filled the glass cup with water before squeezing out a layer of toothpaste on my pink brush. Handing it over to me, she pats on my back to indicate that I should get going with my washing up. Her warm smile was the last thing I saw before she exited the cubicle, while I mechanically shove the toothbrush into my mouth. This is Taeyeon, the one who has been complying and accommodating to my babyish behaviours without a single protest. I certainly love the way she shows her unreserved love for me, just like this.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just before I could impatiently join my significant other at the dining table, my phone buzzed disturbingly on my desk, as the vibration resounded through the rather quiet and empty house.

 

“Yoboseyo?” Trying not to sound irritated and uninterested, I gave a friendly greeting to my pal on the other line while I went to join Taeyeon as I had initially planned.

 

“Fany ah....... I heard that you had a day off yea? Let’s go to the amusement park! No more lame excuses with an injured ankle or whatever ok?!” Sooyoung’s loud voice nearly spoilt my ear drum, and I almost wanted to roll my eyes, if not for the reason that my ridiculous friend could not see it.

 

“What’s with you and amusement parks? Did you have a bad childhood?”

 

“Yes I did! All thanks to you and taeng! Aw c’mon.. Don’t tell me that you would rather laze at home to idle time away? Or you had a fractured arm this time?”

 

Truth to be told, idling at home with Taeyeon sounds as a much better idea than to be under the hot blazing sun. Nonetheless, as I had somehow thwarted my best friend’s proposal the other time, there is no practical reason to snub her off again today. Moreover, Taeyeon and I have not been to the amusement park together before.  

 

“You and your curses.... Alrights, Taeyeon and I should be fine with it. What time shall we meet?”

 

“Okays... Let’s meet in an hour’s time? I have a wonderful plan in mind to make this outing a little more exciting....” Sooyoung’s snickering sent chills down my spine as I shudder upon the idea of some potential freaky scheme in the weird mind of hers.

 

After I ended the conversation, Taeyeon shot me a curious look, which reminds me that I have to inform her about our friend’s suggestion.

 

“Oh... Sooyoung was asking about going to the amusement park... And I have somehow agreed...” I felt a little guilty as I did not allow Taeyeon to voice her objections, if she had, or maybe it was only me who was expecting some plans in her mind. However, I should have known better that my lover can be a little too amenable with me most of the time.

 

True enough, Taeyeon nodded her head in acknowledgement before feeding me with a piece of crispy bread.

 

“But... We would have two gooseberries with us...” My little confession made the petite girl beside me chuckle, as she tuck a strand of hair behind my ears.

 

As long as we are together, I am fine with it.She interlaced our hands together before wriggling her finger and swaying our clasped hands, pointing to me and herself while her other hand did an ‘ok’ sign.

 

I was sure that my eyes soften upon the warmth that were emitting through her eyes and hand. It is truly amazing, that I could possibly find no one else like her, who always transmits impactful sentiments with simple gestures. Moreover, I am pretty confident that there is also no one else, who can understand her as much as I do.

 

You've got that smile
That only heaven can make
I pray to god everyday
That you keep that smile

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Where’s the tallie and shortie couple?! We have been standing here for twenty minutes!” With the uncompromising searing heat that almost set my limbs ablaze, impatience got the better of me as I fan myself tetchily with the map of the amusement park. Taeyeon shielded her eyes from the glaring sun with her hands above her brows, pouting at the same time. Worried that my partner would be overwhelmed by the high temperatures, I passed her the bottle of newly purchased ice water. She took it gladly and gulped down mouthful of fluid before shoving the bottle to my lips, carefully pouring the water into my mouth. After I was done with the drinking, I flashed a grateful smile for her thoughtfulness. With Taeyeon around, the long wait for our friends has become much less boring and dull.

 

“Should I give them a call?” I waved my phone in front of the short hair girl to gain her attention as she was busily rummaging her bag.

 

“Fany! Taengoo!” I turned my head to the direction of the familiar voices, true enough, it was Sooyoung and Sunny, walking towards us hand in hand with big sunglasses covering half of their faces. I was a little irritated yet amused by them as they inched closer.

 

“Yah yah yah....! TaeTae and I almost became roasted ducks thanks to you...” I my finger on my taller friend’s shoulders, earning a huge yelp from the latter.

 

“Hey! It’s not my fault...! Sunny insisted on finding our matching hats and glasses!”

 

“Alrights let’s get moving, what are we gonna play first?” While trying to reach for my lover’s hand, I felt some gust of air tickling my neck. To my surprise, Taeyeon was holding onto a penguin-like mini fan as she attempts to cool me down. It dawned on me that the adorable device was the item that she was searching for earlier.

 

“Well... I have a plan in mind... We should split into two groups. To compete and see which team would be able to take all the challenging rides in the shortest possible time!” Sooyoung proposed while she removes her glasses and place them on top of her head.

 

“Okays... That’s easy! Taeyeon and I will be in a group while the both of you as one.” I grasp and grip onto Taeyeon’s hand tightly, swinging it to and fro as I smirk at the couple before me.

 

“Will it be a little more interesting if we could pair up differently? I don’t wanna get stuck with Sooyoung always.” Sunny tried to ignore the death glare from her partner, as well as mine.

 

“If I could get Taengoo I’m fine. But not Fany...”

 

“Yah! Choi Sooyoung! What’s wrong with being on the same team as me?”

 

“Fany is very competitive. But once you have Taengoo as her opponent... She would submit to the cutie pie instantly.... Thus, having Taeng on my side would be nice! So as to counter Fany easily.... That was what happened during a rugby game we had in the past!”

 

“But Sooyoung ah... We aren’t having a physical game here eh?” The smaller girl interrupted her girlfriend almost immediately as a row of heated exchanges was sparked off.

 

“Still.... Fany would be distracted without Taengoo... So I want Taeng in my team!”

 

“Nah... Then take back my suggestion... Because I don’t want Fany on my team as well...”

 

“Yah! What’s with the both of you?! Pushing me around like a ball?!” I was completely ridiculed by the couple before me as I pout in disgust. Taeyeon rubs my shoulders instantly to calm me down. She then gesticulates by waving them off before pointing at herself, then at me.

 

Don’t care about them. I choose you.

 

“Bleh....! See! I am taken!” I lifted our re-clasped hands and waved at the duo purposefully with my intended words. Funny as it may sound, but it looks as if I could be saying “Look! I am now Taetae’s wife!”, with that gesture. The only difference is that there are no rings in our hands. Truth to be told, I have always wanted to regard myself as Taeyeon’s significant other, ever since I grew to be romantically in love with her.

 

***

“Let’s play... The battle of the knights! I am gonna be one of the knights!” Sooyoung took, or perhaps, snatched the toy sword over from Gyuri, earning a glare from the latter.

 

“Yah! I wanna be a knight as well!” My friend with pretty eyes tried to seize the sword from the taller girl’s hands.

 

“There can only be two knights! The other two would be princesses, being protected!”

 

“Yah! I wanna be the knight to protect Tiffany! I want Tiffany to be my princess!!!” Gyuri looked at me shyly after her little confession.

 

Turning away from the former’s eyes, I took a fleeting look at the quiet Taeyeon, her little hands were clutched tightly together like a snowball, biting her lips as she looks at the swords in Sooyoung’s hands intently. I immediately understood that she wanted to be one of the ‘knights’ as well.

 

“Taetae wants to be a knight as well....” I dragged my friend by the hand as we approached our taller pal.

 

“Oh alrights... Then Taeng and I would be the knights.” Sooyoung handed her one of the plastic swords, bringing a smile on the petite girl.

 

Taeyeon then went on to wield her sword around dorkily, sticking out her small lips as she aims to ‘jab’ at the taller girl with her weapon.

 

I went over to loop my arms around Taeyeon’s to state my choice.

 

“I want to be Taetae’s princess...!” As innocent and simple the sentence may seems, it has somehow changed our bond a little since then. There was something more than mere playmates and friends in between us. In addition, there is, a sense of dependency upon each other.

 

With that, we interlaced our hands as the game commenced, with Sooyoung taking Gyuri as her ‘princess’. The ‘knights’ clashed their swords, as the two tried to outwit each other with their moves, to successfully touch the opponent’s princess with the weapon in their hands. I hid behind Taeyeon’s petite back, giggling and screaming as we ran to dodge the two. Despite her small frame, I felt safe and protected as the only thing that I had to do was to hold onto her hand tightly. That was probably one of the most memorable childhood games that I remembered to date.

***

 

 

 

“Which ride should we attempt?” I open up the map, wide enough for the both of us to see as Taeyeon rests her chin on my shoulder.

 

“The adventure of Sinbad sounds cool! I wonder what kind of ride it is going to be...”

 

Taeyeon pointed to the distance and I caught sight of the short queue, leading to the adventure ride.

 

“There aren’t much people! Let’s go!”

 

With that we quickened our pace towards the line, standing behind a group of teens. I whipped out my mobile and elbowed the girl beside me.

 

“We have to take a picture Taetae, as a proof to show that we’ve taken the ride!”

 

I click on the self-camera button, and our faces were immediately shown on the flat panel screen. We leaned our heads together, leaving no gaps in between as we fit our faces into the picture.

 

“Three.... Two.... One....” I felt some moisture on my right cheek instantly. Hence, I turned my head to the direction intuitively, narrowing my eyes at a pokerfaced Taeyeon.

 

“Taetae... Care to explain what this was?” A dimpled smile was visible on her face when I place my phone in front of her, depicting our adorable picture, with her kissing my cheek.

 

I think it’s good. She gave a thumbs sign after tapping on the phone.

 

My eyes continue to linger on the picture as Taeyeon hook me by the arm to lead me on with the moving line.

 

I think it’s perfect. The satisfied smirk on her face with her cherry lips touching my skin, and my slightly widened eyes displaying a tinge of astonishment. Such a moment could never be captured better, as our spontaneous expressions were definitely picture-perfect to portray the split second of pure blissfulness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Woah Taetae! The Gyro drop looks exciting!” I pointed to the magnificent and intimidating looking drop tower.

 

formed the shape of a small ‘O’ as she lifted her head to look at the tower which is probably a hundred times her height.

 

Let’s go! Taeyeon punched her fist in the air, much to my amazement.

 

“What?! We are gonna take this as our second ride of the day?” I gulped in trepidation, upon seeing the dangling legs of those trapped on the highest spot. In contrast, Taeyeon showed no signs of fear as she continued to giggle at the screaming participants.

 

The ride will end in a flash. My lover ‘plunged’ her fingers down swiftly, just like the ride. She then took me by the hand while placing a palm on her chest.

 

Don’t worry, I’m here.

 

Thus, under her reassurance, we went on the ride. The initial apprehension was soon adjusted to anticipation, as I plopped down on the seat animatedly, waiting for the safety seat frame to descend and fasten securely.

 

 

We heard the dead creaking sounds of bolts scraping, as we were all firmly locked in our seats. My heart began to itch again in irrepressible fear as we were gradually lifted way above the ground level. I saw Taeyeon’s little hand pointing to the panoramic view of the amusement park before noticing her smiling side profile.

 

“Taetae... Just erm... Laugh or shout if you can, to release your fears!” With the blustery wind attacking my cheeks, I said, or rather shouted to the girl beside me, more as a reminder for myself to chase away any anxiety.

 

Eagerly reaching for my hand, I extended mine, allowing it to be warmly taken by hers, as she interweaved them and gave my freezing palm a light squeeze.

 

I look straight ahead, inhaling a deep breath before fully concentrating on the breathtaking sight before me. Using my thumb to rub on the back of her small hands within mine, I ease myself further, as I know that I always have Taeyeon beside me.

 

Consequently, the drop came and my heart flutters in a tingling sensation, with the surging fear rising to the brim of my throat, coming out as piercing screams as I vent them out with my almost free-falling body. I was sure that I heard a faint shrilling voice coming from my lover beside me, but all was too soon for me to prove myself right when the ride ended precipitately. Taeyeon’s wheezing giggles were only audible when I turned to look at her, helping to smooth out those messy strands of hair due to the ride’s aftermath.

 

“Are you okay Taetae?”

 

Flashing yet another childlike grin, she showed both her thumbs at me, telling me how much she had enjoyed the thrilling ride.

 

We went on to try out the other rides, and I had the opportunity to hear more high-pitched screams from Taeyeon, arousing my curiosity and interest about her vocal condition. It seems that she did not have much problems with portraying basic emotions, such as chuckling when she is happy, or in this case, screaming when she is exhilarated. Perhaps such adventure rides were less daunting for Taeyeon, insufficient to be regarded as a fear. What is her real phobia then?

 

Nonetheless, whenever I see the adorable girl gaining pleasure from all the games, mystifying thoughts and ruminations were stacked neatly aside within the little constraints of my mind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Almost covering the entire theme park, we proceed to the remaining game, which I had intentionally left it for the last. I kept pushing it away whenever Taeyeon reminded me of the ride from time to time. But now, standing before the haunted house, my scalp began to itch as shivers glide down my back.

 

“Taeyeon ah... Can we not... Try this one....?” I tug her arm before landing my head on her small shoulder.

 

Tapping my head to seek my attention, she beckons to me while taking my hand, and I followed with a doubtful expression. I was lead to the exit door of the haunted house, with Taeyeon urging me to take out my mobile.

 

I understood at once, her crafty suggestion to take a cheat by capturing an image of us in front of the haunted castle as ‘evidence’ that we had accomplished the bloodcurdling game.

 

“Sly Taetae... But I am sure Sooyoung would resort to such things as well....” I pinched her nose playfully before positioning myself for the self-camera. I saw her eyes half shut with a widened mouth, hanging her tongue while trying to look like a ghost. Holding in my chortles, I did a ‘terrified’ expression and with a click, our dorky picture was done.

 

Taeyeon then held onto my hand as we laugh uncontrollably at our idiotic act, gaining a few looks from the passer-bys.

 

“Let’s take the slower rides, since we’re done with the exciting ones! I bet they are still stuck on the roller coaster!”

 

Skipping off together, we went to take the park’s train to tour around. I deliberately lead her to the last row, so as to get some privacy where I could snuggle against her comfortably.

 

While enjoying the scenic view to our right, I play with our fingers before being grabbed tightly by her hands. She then opens my right palm, holding it delicately while she uses her finger to create imaginary on the skin.

 

Are you happy? She turned to me after drawing those words on my palm.

 

I lifted my head from her shoulder to meet her hopeful eyes, before taking her hand to mimic her earlier action.

 

Yes I am. My finger tickles and grazes her palm softly as I slowly write my reply on her small palm.

 

Attaining her returned tender gaze, I advanced by leaning in to place a chaste peck on her lips.

 

I begin to love and appreciate the melody of silence between us, when I rest my head against the crook of her neck once more.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Exceedingly enjoying each other’s company on the ride, our butts did not budge even after a whole round of train ride. We continued to remain seated for another round. This time, I sat up with a straight spine, looking intently at her facial features, something that I have been doing increasingly with each passing day.

 

“Taetae.... How many times have you been praised for your good looks?” I allowed a spur-of-the-moment question to escape from my lips, and the girl beside me shot me a bemused look, apparently caught off-guard by it.

 

She then lifted both her hands to our eye levels, mentally counting by folding her fingers one by one, before smirking at me, showing one finger on her left and repeated the ‘nought’ sign twice on her right.

 

One hundred. She claimed proudly.

 

“Yah! You horn-blower....!” I slapped her arm blithely while she broke out in a series of silly laughs.

 

“What about... How many secret admirers have you had?”

 

Slightly pushing her chin with her knuckles as she contemplates, she showed one finger at me, indicating the number as her answer. Someone’s name flash across my mind, and I reacted a little irritably with my intensifying jealousy.

 

“Oh... Was that IU?”

 

Her eyes enlarged and blinked at me repetitively, entirely bowled over by my awareness of her friend that I was not supposed to know.

 

How did you know? She pointed a finger at me as she cocked her head to a side, with those pencil-like brows knitted.

 

“Ah.... It was.... Sooyoung told me about it....” Avoiding her eyes, I gave a useless pout as I look to the front. Why did I even bring up the stupid question in the first place? And I am now left looking jealous in front of her.  

 

She nudged my folded arms and tugged my sleeves. Failing to gain my attention, she then poked my face over and over again, until I smiled at her worried looking face.

 

But I only love you.

 

I was sure that my eyes disappeared upon that cute confession of hers. Taeyeon has definitely learned to be more gracious with her expressive love, day by day, and I am certainly pleased and satisfied with those little things that she earnestly conveyed. If I could describe the level of comfort between us, it would be a washed out bean bag chair. Despite being weather-beaten over the years, the amount of cosiness and ease that it brings remains the same, with a touch of familiarity.

 

“Taeyeon ah... Actually... I ought to let you know of something too...” I decided that secrets are meant to be unveiled and shared, as honesty and truthfulness are the stepping stones to construct an even steadier relationship. We have kept too much of our true emotions way back and they are definitely nothing but detriments to our strong bond. I was not sure of the reaction that she might give, but I am positive, because providing knowledge about something that she has the rights to know is part of my duty as her lover and confidante.

 

“I had a boyfriend when I was in the States...” I bit my lips as I held her fingers nervously, gradually wrapping them so as to alleviate any impending pain with my declaration of guilt.

 

“But we broke up after two months....” I added on, reassuring that I am not romantically involved with anyone else other than her, and only her.

 

It is imminent yet inevitable that her lips droop a little while trying to digest my words. However, she went on, probing further with a gesture.

 

Why?

 

“I caught him two-timing...” Presently, I could mention that heartless man without any tad bit of hatred, because he has become an insignificant stranger in my life. I was rather sure that my face showed nothing but a sense of relief, when Taeyeon lifted her hand to place it on my left cheek, caressing it tenderly and soon, I was lost in the pair of tender eyes.

 

Still cupping my cheeks, she pulled me towards her slightly, as she stretches her neck to place a lingering kiss on my forehead. Her series of unforeseen actions left me speechless, as I had expected her to portray some form of disappointment. Instead, she seemed to be the one to provide comfort and reassurance, after learning that I have been unnecessarily hurt by love before.

 

Fully meeting my eyes, she tightens her grip on my hand in the most comforting manner, as she went on to pledge her faithfulness.

 

I promise that I would not hurt you like he did.

 

The train came to a stop for the second time, with all the passengers alighting and new ones coming in. All the hustle and bustle around us could not disrupt our momentary staring session. I envelop her in a warm embrace, closing my eyes as I enjoy the scent of bliss.

 

Our love ride might have come a long way. However, as long as we have faith in each other, there is simply nothing between us. Nothing, can come between us.

 

 

One day when the sky is falling
I'll be standing right next to you

Right next to you
Nothing will ever come between us
I'll be standing right next to you

Right next to you

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You guys lost the competition! So the dinner is gonna be on you!” Sooyoung demanded as she loops an arm over Sunny’s shoulder.  

 

“Whatever.... Go on and choose what you want from the menu then! Taetae... what shall we eat?”

 

While looking through the list of options with Taeyeon thoroughly, I could hear mutterings coming from the duo clearly.

 

“Something is not right between them...”

 

“What is it? I don’t see anything amiss... Eyes, noses, mouths and ears are all intact...”

 

“Yah! Could you be a little more serious Sooyoung?! Just.... Look at them carefully... They seemed to be much closer than before...”

 

I pretend to be looking at the menu with full concentration while trying to contain my smile at their little discussion.

 

“Uh well... They’ve always been like this though...”

 

“What...?! There are practically no gaps in between them... They look as if they are sitting on the same chair!” Sunny hissed at her partner cantankerously.

 

I was sure that Taeyeon had heard it when our eyes meet, looking at ourselves, as well as the ‘non-existent’ space between us before breaking out in giggles.

 

“Fany... Taeyeon... Are the both of you together?” The shorter girl threw us the question that she was trying to verify with her partner earlier.

 

Rubbing my neck anxiously, I took a quick glance at a blushing Taeyeon and hesitated. Before I could give my friend a proper explanation of our newly established relationship, Sooyoung cuts in abruptly.

 

“Sunny ah... You are asking stupid questions today... Aren’t they sitting together?”

 

“Hello Ms Choi Sooyoung? I meant if they are a couple currently!”

 

“What makes you think so?” Sooyoung looks nonchalantly at the menu before her, seemingly unfazed by Sunny’s statement.

 

“Is it normal for two friends to be sharing the same glass of water...?” I almost choked on the water which I had taken in from the glass mug beside me. I could have taken Taeyeon’s share unconsciously, even though I see no inappropriateness with that gesture. My lover began to pat on my back to relieve my choking, making the scene a little more, comical.

 

“Woah Fany ah... Take it easy... Uhm... The both of them have been sharing water and food since young...? I have to admit they do look like a couple to me at times. But I guess I am immune to that now...”

 

“Alrights.... Then is it considered normal for friends to kiss each other? And I mean... Kissing on the lips?”

 

Sunny’s revelation made me cough harder, while Sooyoung broke out in a typical deafening yell.

 

“YAH! REALLY?! YOU SAW THEM KISSING ON THE LIPS?!” The taller’s girl loud voice startled the other patrons in the pizzeria. With all eyes on us, Taeyeon and I began to lower our heads in embarrassment.

 

“Remember I was asking you to look at the passing by park train? I told you that the both of them were on the ride and you were like “I can’t see them”. You walked off annoyed, and missed out the glorious scene.”

 

“I really did not see them in the train! They must be too small to be visible....”

 

“I am greatly amused by you Sooyoung. You have big eyes, yet you tend to miss out on little details....” Sunny crossed her arms, apparently infuriated with her unobservant partner.

 

“Uh hahaa.... Anyways.... Fany! Tell me! You and Taeng are now a couple?!”

 

I rub my laps nervously before noticing a pair of familiar hands on mine. Taeyeon gave an earnest smile, indicating that we should declare the status of our relationship. Thus, I interlock our hands together, boldly lifting them up to show the couple before us.

 

“Congratulations! I am really happy for the both of you!” Sunny clasped her hands in joy, while Sooyoung lashed out a cynical remark, displeased that we had kept it from her even though I caught sight of the slightly curved up lips.

 

“What a buddy you are huh?! Why didn’t you tell me earlier that you and Taeng got together?”

 

“I was intending to find an appropriate time...”

 

“It’s okay... I guess they needed time... You aren’t her parents or something... So you have no rights to reprimand them!” Sunny’s rationalisation somehow reminded me of a stark fact; that I had not revealed our deeper relationship to my dad. Will he accept us readily just like the two of them?

 

“Well.... Since I did not see it just now... Could you guys please perform the kiss again?” I was greeted with Sooyoung’s disgusting wriggling of brows when I came out of my earlier trance. I was hoping for Sunny to save us from awkwardness, but little did I expect her to join in the josh with her girlfriend, as I was left feeling betrayed.

 

“Yah! Let’s... Erm.... Take our orders....” I remove my hand from Taeyeon’s before lifting the menu before me, trying to hide my redden face.

 

Without a warning, I felt an arm snaking around my waist and I was pulled leftwards, as Taeyeon gave a sweet kiss on my cheek. I bury my head into her arms instantaneously when our friends cheer in jubilance.

 

“Woo......! Taeyeon you rocked!”

 

Her hearty giggle that echoed through my ears was the best testimony to our increasingly fortified love.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The four of us had a filling meal as laughters were ceaseless throughout the night, with Taeyeon and I as the centre of their incessant teasing. We then reluctantly make our way out of the restaurant when the workers politely reminded us of their closing hours.

 

“Hahaha... Taeng! Next time... I know the way to shut the mouth of that loud girl! I will ask you to silence her with a mouth to mouth kiss!”

 

Sooyoung blabbered like a drunkard when she placed an arm over Taeyeon, which was subsequently swatted off by me even though I was holding hands with the petite girl.

 

“Yah! Could you please lower down your volume? This is so embarrassing... Anyways Fany, we will be waiting here for my dad’s car. Do you and Taeng wanna get a lift as well?”

 

“It’s okay Sunny. It would be kind of inconvenient for Mr Lee. Taeyeon and I can always take the public bus.” I kindly rejected the polite offer before taking notice of a familiar black BMW turning the corner.

 

The middle-aged man stepped out of his car and was tackled with a hug by the smaller girl, while the rest of us greeted and bowed to him in unison.

 

Taeyeon and I was about to bid goodbye at them to take our leave, however, we were soon held back after hearing the baritone voice of Mr Lee.

 

“Oh Taeyeon ah! I have a piece of good news for you!” Sunny’s father retraces his steps while our friends make their way to the car.  

 

“I was planning to inform Tiffany at our workplace tomorrow, but I think it is much better to tell you personally. Mr Joo, our major shareholder came over to my office earlier today and saw the poster you did. He was so impressed that he offered to set up an art galleria, engaging you as the main artist.”

 

“Oh my gosh Taetae! This is definitely a major breakthrough for you!” I seemed more enthused than my lover as she stood motionless. She was truly taken aback as she only reacted after my forceful shake on her shoulders.

 

“This is his name card. Perhaps you could take Taeyeon to his office as soon as possible, Tiffany.” I received the card from Mr Lee’s calloused hands before flashing it at my lover.

 

“Do book an appointment with him as soon as possible!” With that, he proceeded to drive our friends home as we waved at him keenly, especially Taeyeon, to show her gratitude.     

 

“I am so proud of you Taetae, really.” I turned to her after the black car has vanished in the distance.

 

She extends a hand in front of my face, seemingly asking for something.

 

“Yea?”

 

I want a reward.

 

After giving a teasing pinch on her nose, I scanned around, spotting an ice-cream stand in the distance.

 

“Is vanilla ice cream okay for you?”

 

Getting an approving smile from her, I lead her by the arm to get some late night desserts.

 

I simply love her child-like requests, and I know that those aegyos were only intended for me. Her babyish smile ends our memorable day on a perfect note, with those creamy liquid encircling her upper lip.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The chiming sound of crickets filled Taeyeon’s room, acting as a lullaby for us when we cuddle each other on her bed, doing nothing but scrutinising each other’s faces. As much as I want to fall asleep in her arms, bountiful thoughts went through my mind when I look at her porcelain face under the faint shaft of moonlight. The night’s tranquillity always triggers a succession of deep thinking, as I wonder at our days ahead. I know very well that we would not be able to lead a carefree life just like today, even if it was everyone’s dream to desire something that is not within our reach, including me.

 

She caresses the corners of my lips with her eyelids drooping, mustering a light smile after being defeated by the sleeping monster. I went on to carry out her earlier intention, closing the gap between us as I press my lips on hers, affectionately. Still soothing her back with my moving arms, I gave another lingering peck on her forehead when I heard the sound of creaking door hinge produced by the main door. Taking one last look of her angelic sleeping form, I quietly remove my hands on her waist and try to get out of the bed noiselessly, preparing to give my dad a reception as I had something premeditated in my head.

 

We're made for one another
Me and you
And I have no fear
I know we'll make it through

 

 

“Hey Daddy...” I drag my feet towards his room, and he returned the greeting with an exhausted face.

 

“It’s late... You must have something for me don’t you?”

 

Stemming any surging fears and summoning all the courage within me concurrently, I slowly but surely articulate each word at him honestly, fully prepared to take in arrows of opposing reactions as I stood before my father, fearless.

 

“I am in love with Taeyeon, and we’re happy together. I hope you can give us your blessings.”

 

This is the least that I can do for my beloved, to face this all by myself, just to protect those budding courage within her.

 

I give you strength, while you provide me hope. No matter how difficult the road ahead of us is, I know that we would be able to overcome them, so long as I have you. 

 

===============================

hee hee major cliffhanger! i know im bad but the past updates were kinda calm....

tho be rest assured that u wont expect huge dramas in this fic ^^