Chapter 9

Make Me Love You
 
**Yuri and DooE**
 
 
 
 

:: Misunderstanding ::

 

At the hospital’s cafeteria

 

“M-Miss Im?”

 

“Shh.. just slow down your voice. I don’t want them to know I’m here,” Yoona whispered, but loud enough for Yuri to hear.

 

“B-but, what are you doing here?,” he asked in curious.

 

“Ehem! Excuse me, Sir. Your order for two, or one person only?,” the cafe worker asked.

 

“Oh! Sorry! One.. Aww!,” he groaned in pain as he felt a kick on his shin. He turned to look at Yoona, and the latter showed his two fingers to him. “Make it two, please,” he said and turned at her back, giving his icy glare at her.

 

“Damn!,” he swear in his thought, still feeling the pain on his shin.

 

“Alright, two iced Americano. Eight thousand won, Sir,” the cafe worker said. Yuri then took a ten thousand won bill and handed it to the worker. “Here’s your balance Sir. May I know your name, Sir?,” the cafe worker asked.

 

“Yuri,” he replied.

 

“Alright, Yuri ssi. You can have a seat first, we will call your name once the drinks are ready. Thank you,” the worker said.

 

“Dae. You’re welcome,” Yuri replied. He then grabbed Yoona’s hand and dragged the latter to the vacant table.

 

“Sit!,” he ordered.

 

“What do you think I am? A dog?,” she replied in anger but with a slower tone. Yuri just rolled his eyes annoyingly.

 

“Who asked you to put the drinks order on me? I pay for it, so, just follow on what I said,” he sternly said, causing the latter stunned and immediately took her seat. Yuri just shook his head, and took a seat across her. The two then fell in silent for awhile. Yoona sighed, and she took the first initiative to break the silence and started the talking.

 

“Look, I’m sorry. I’m sorry to hear about your daughter too. That’s why I came with the rest today, to visit your daughter,” she said.

 

“Chincha? I'm surprised, though,” he replied in sarcastic tone. Yoona gritted her teeth in anger, but she immediately calmed herself down as they were in the public place.

 

“Why, you couldn’t accept the fact that you have a very understanding boss who is concern about her bodyguard’s welfare?,” she turned the tables with a smirk. Yuri just scoffed on her words.

 

“Are you really sincere, or just because Sunny forced you to come here, Miss Im?,” he said as he smirked. Yoona was about to open when suddenly the cafe worker called Yuri’s name, indicating that their drinks were ready. Yuri quickly got up from his seat, and rushed towards the counter. After taking the drinks and thanked the cafe worker, he went back to his seat.

 

“Here,” he put the drinks in front of Yoona on the table.

 

“Thanks,” she nonchalantly thanked him, but her eyes suddenly widened in surprise.

 

“What the.. Why did you put my drinks name under ‘Mrs. Yuri’?,” she snapped at him.

 

“Huh?,” he looked at her in a confused state, and immediately grabbed the drinks from her. He then chuckled and put the drinks back on the table.

 

“He probably thought that you’re my ‘Mrs.’,” he said teasingly. Yoona scoffed.

 

“Not in a million years I will become your Mrs. I have already had a boyfriend, though,” she replied. Yuri just chuckled on her words.

 

“I don’t want to be your Mr. either,” he mumbles with a chuckle. Yoona rolled her eyes annoyingly. Yuri then got up from his seat. “Let’s go,” he said while waiting for Yoona getting up from her seat. Despite their silly argument earlier, the latter just followed him suit.

 

 


 

 

“Where’s your daddy, Hani ah? Why it took so long for him to buy a coffee?,” Hyomin asked the innocent kid who was busy chatting animatedly with his girlfriend.

 

“Maybe lots of people want to buy a coffee too, samchon. Daddy must be in a long queue,” Hani replied.

 

“Aigoo.. You’re right, Hani ah. Such a clever girl. Your samchon here sometimes couldn’t think out of the box,” Sunny said while smirking at her boyfriend.

 

“You are lucky that I love you, babe,” Hyomin said as he rolled his eyes. Seunghwan chuckled, causing Hyomin shooting his glare at him and playfully showed his fist. Not long after, they heard the door was being opened by someone.

 

“Hey, guys! You’re here!,” Yuri greeted his friends cheerfully. His eyes then shifted to the guy who looked familiar to him.

 

“Ya! Seunghwan ah! W-why.. H-how..,” Yuri lost for words when he saw his old friend was smiling widely at him. He dashed towards Seunghwan and hugged the younger guy happily.

 

“How are you, Yuri hyung?,” Seunghwan asked while patted on Yuri’s back.

 

“I’m good. I’m good,” he replied as he halted the hug. He then scanned Seunghwan from head to toe. “Look at you now. Last time when were were at the agency, you looked so thin and naive. Now your have a firm body and looks more confident than me,” Yuri said as he patted on Seunghwan’s shoulder.

 

“Nah, I’m still the old Lee Seunghwan, hyung,” he said humbly with a smile.

 

“Ehem!,” they suddenly stopped talking and turned towards the sound of the voice. Yoona purposely cleared and smiled awkwardly to others.

 

“Ya! Im Yoona! Where have you been? You said you want to buy something at the cafe before coming here,” Sunny exclaimed the moment she saw Yoona entering the room. Yoona quickly heading towards where Sunny was, ignoring the other three guys who were busy chatting with each other.

 

“Aishh.. I bumped into Yuri at downstairs, and we came here together,” she replied. “This must be Yuri’s daughter, right?” she asked.

 

“Who else?,” Sunny sarcastically replied. “Hani ah, this is..,” Sunny was about to introduce Yoona to her when suddenly the little girl cut her off.

 

“I know, imo. Daddy’s boss, right?,” Hani said, causing the two women raised their brows while looked at each other in surprise. “Annyeonghaseyo, Jennifer Kwon Hani imnida. I’m six years old and studied at Mido Kindergarten,” Hani introduced herself and bowed politely.

 

“A-annyeonghaseyo,” Yoona greeted the little girl back as she smiled awkwardly.

 

“Aigoo.. This little princess is so brilliant, like her daddy,” Sunny said while ruffling Hani’s hair. The little girl just grinned cutely, showing her white teeth. Yoona just rolled her eyes, but immediately smiled to Hani when the little girl shifted her gaze at her.

 

“What is your job, imo?,” Hani asked Yoona.

 

“I’m a chef,” she replied in short. Hani looked at her in confused.

 

“Why a chef need a bodyguard like daddy?,” she curiously asked. Sunny burst into giggles while looking at perplexed Yoona.

 

“She’s a celebrity chef, sweetie,” Sunny said while caressing the little girl’s hair.

 

“What is a celebrity chef, imo?,” she asked Sunny.

 

“This kid, too much questions,” Yoona thought as she rolled her eyes.

 

“A celebrity chef is like a singer, or an actor who often appears in TV program, like Chef Ramsay in “Hell’s Kitchen”, you know that TV program, right?,” Sunny explained to her.

 

“Yes, I know that, imo. Halmeoni like watching the program, and she said she likes Chef Ramsay,” Hani replied.

 

“Chincha?,” Sunny asked. Hani nodded her head like a cute little parrot. She then shifted her gaze at Yoona’s hand which was holding an iced Americano coffee cup. Her lips slowly formed a smile as she saw her daddy was holding the same cup as hers.

 

“Imo has the same drinks as daddy’s. Imo likes iced Americano too?,” the little girl asked innocently. Yoona was flustered, not knowing what to answer.

 

“Ya, Hani is asking you, though,” Sunny said as she nudged the latter with her elbow.

 

“Huh? Ermm.. y-yeah,” she replied with an awkward smile.

 

“Mommy likes iced Americano too. When we went to amusement park, daddy will ordered two. One for him, and one for mommy,” she said smilingly, reminiscing the moment she spent with her daddy and her Mommy Krystal. Sunny’s heart broke the moment she heard the little girl’s words. She felt sorry for Hani. She knew the little girl missed Krystal so much, and her sickness must have been related to her.

 

“Hani ya, let’s go out with imo and samchon to amusement park when you gets better. You can ask your daddy to come too if you want. How about that?”, Sunny asked, offering a little comfort to the poor little girl. Hani’s eyes lit up right after she heard the offer.

 

“Chincha? Can Hani bring DooE too?,” she asked excitedly. Sunny smiled and patted gently on her head.

 

“Yes, sweetie. You can bring DooE too,” she replied. Yoona’s brows furrowed in curious.

 

“Who’s DooE?,” she whispered to Sunny, but loud enough for the little girl to hear.

 

“DooE is Hani’s puppy. Daddy said Hani can adopt DooE when Hani gets better,” the little girl cheerfully said.

 

“Ah, a puppy,” she replied nonchalantly and nodded. She then suddenly heard a beep sound from her phone, indicating that she just received an incoming text.

 

“Imo have a puppy?,” she asked Sunny, ignoring Yoona who was busy looking at her phone.

 

“Imo doesn’t have a puppy, but imo have a cat, and her name is Sogeum,” Sunny replied.

 

“Sogeum? Cute name! Imo have her photo?,” Hani asked. Sunny giggled over the excited little girl and quickly fished out her phone from her handbag. “Here,” she showed the photo to Hani through her phone.

 

“Omo, Sogeum is so cute, imo!” Hani said. Sunny smiled over her words.

 

“She’s so naughty nowadays, but sometimes she listens me well,” Sunny replied.

 

“I will bring DooE to meet Sogeum when I gets better, imo,” Hani said.

 

“Sure you can, sweetie,” Sunny replied.

 

“Ya, what is this? Are you two were in ‘Dear My Human’ TV program?,” Yoona asked sarcastically.

 

“That imo is jealous with us because she doesn’t have a pet to share the story with us, sweetie,” Sunny said with a chuckle.

 

“Ya, ya! Are you talking bad on me in front of this kid?,” Yoona replied in annoyed tone.

 

“Yoona imo, why you don’t want to have one?,” Hani asked.

 

“I’m busy, and I don’t have time to take care of pets,” she coldly replied. Sunny just shook her head, and leaned closer to Hani’s ear.

 

“She is scared of animals,” she whispered to the little girl.

 

“Chincha?,” Hani whispered to her back. Sunny nodded with a smile.

 

“Oh,” the little girl nodded understandingly.

 

“These two,” Yoona thought as she shook her head and rolled her eyes.

 

“Alright, I have to go now. My assistant just texted me, and I need to be at the restaurant this afternoon,” Yoona said.

 

“Arasso. You can go first. We will going home after the visiting time is ended,” Sunny replied. Yoona then got up from her seat and was about to walk when suddenly she got stopped by Hani.

 

“Imo, can we have a friend hug before you leave?,” she said. Yoona raised her brows in surprised, and turned to look at Sunny. Her manager gestured her to do so with a smile. She sighed softly and leaned forward to hug the little girl.

 

“Thank you for visiting, imo,” she said and patted on Yoona’s back.

 

“Ermm.. y-yeah,” she replied awkwardly as she pulled away from the hug. Yuri who was in a middle of having a chat with the other two guys inadvertently seen Yoona was hugging his daughter. He felt weird at first, but then he eventually smiled, knowing that his boss still have a soft spot in her heart.

 

“I have to leave now. My assistant chef texted me, and they need me to be at the restaurant this afternoon,” Yoona said to Yuri.

 

“Arasso. Thank you for visiting my daughter,” Yuri replied as he smiled genuinely. Yoona unconsciously smiled at him back and nodded. Deep down in her heart, she found his smile somehow, attractive.

 

“Aishh.. Get a grip, Im Yoona. Xiao’s smile is more attractive than him,” she thought. She immediately pulled the door knob, and walked out of the room.

 

 


 

 

“How’s the result?,” Yuri asked as he sat down on a chair in front of Hyoyeon’s desk. Hyoyeon called him after he received the result of Hani’s final blood test from the lab.

 

“She’s perfectly fine, Yul. She’s now free from any fever or disease. She can discharge today. I will ask the staff to prepare the document.

 

“Thank God!,” Yuri exclaimed as he sighed in relief.

 

“Just watch on her food taking, and don’t let her play under the heat of the sun, or cold wind. She’s a bit sensitive on weather’s changing,” Hyoyeon gave his advice.

 

“Arasso. Thanks Hyo for taking care of her. And please say my thanks to your wife too,” he thanked his friend.

 

“Don’t mention, Yul. That’s our job and responsibility here as a doctor,” he replied.

 

“I know. You know that I couldn’t spend my time with my daughter more since I work back and forth in Seoul and Goyang. I know that I can rely on my friends and relatives whenever I have difficulties. I really appreciate it, bro,” he said, expressing his appreciation.

 

“Yes, I know that, dude,” Hyoyeon replied. “Ermm.. Yul,” he said.

 

“Yeah?,” Yuri replied.

 

“Can I suggest you on something?,” Hyoyeon asked.

 

“Sure, bro. What is it?,” Yuri asked in curious.

 

“Just find someone who can replace Jessica, and remarried,” he suggested.

 

“Mworago?”

 

 


 

 

“Yeay!,” Hani cheered happily right after the car stopped in front of the pet shop. She was about to open the car’s door when Yuri stopped her from doing so.

 

“Hani ya, calm down, will you? You just got better from sick. DooE is not going anywhere, sweetie. Slow down, arasso?”, Yuri said.

 

“Dae, daddy,” she slowly replied as she lowered her head. Yuri smiled on her cute act, and immediately got out of the car. He rushed to the passenger’s door, and opened it for his little princes.

 

“Kaja,” he stretched his hand towards his daughter, and Hani immediately grabbed her daddy’s hand. She slowly got out of the car, and right after Yuri closed the door, she looked at her daddy with a grin.

 

“Aigoo.. Look at this excited little princess. Come, let’s get your DooE,” he said.

 

“Yeay!,” she cheered happily once again, causing Yuri laughed and shook his head at the same time, watching his daughter’s antics.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo!,” greeted a middle-aged man, which was the owner of the shop.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo! Haraboji! Remember me?,” Hani excitedly asked. The middle-aged man furrowed his brows, trying to recall any familiar faces he have met before.

 

“Ah! I remember this cutie! You came with my grandson Jinki last time. Hani, right?,” he replied.

 

“Yes, Jinki is my classmate, haraboji. I’m looking for a black furry puppy. I want to adopt her, haraboji. Daddy said I can adopt and bring her home,” Hani excitedly said.

 

“Chincha? Aigoo.. That’s very nice of you. Wait here, okay?” the middle-aged man said as he walks towards the place where various pets have been placed. Hani impatiently followed him from behind. Yuri just shook his head and smiled over his daughter’s eagerness to have a puppy.

 

“Here you go,” the middle-aged man took out the black furry puppy who was barking non-stop from its cage. He carefully put the puppy on Hani’s arms.

 

“DooE ya, calm down, calm down, will you?,” Hani said while caressing the puppy’s head. The puppy suddenly stopped barking, causing Yuri and the shop owner raised their brows in surprise.

 

“I guess she’s really meant for you, sweetie,” the middle-aged man said as he smiled.

 

“She keep on asking my permission to adopt her, abonim. She just got discharged from hospital for having a high fever,” Yuri said.

 

“Chincha? Aigoo.. There were some people asking me to adopt this puppy, but I feel reluctant to give her to them. When Jinki told me his classmate likes the puppy, I said to myself that I wanted to keep this little black furry for Hani. See that? She’s even already have a name for this puppy. I think she’s already fall in love with her,” the shop owner replied as he chuckled.

 

“Yeah, I think so,” Yuri said with a chuckle. He just watched Hani playing with DooE and smiled in contented.

 

“Since Hani is my grandson’s friend, I want to give this puppy to Hani as a gift. Hani ya, be a good owner to DooE, arasso?,” the shop owner said to the little girl.

 

“Chincha, haraboji? Gomawo!,” Hani excitedly thanked him and bowed. She then continued playing with the puppy.

 

“Thank you so much, abonim. Thank you for making her happy,” Yuri said as he couldn’t thank him much.

 

“Aigoo.. Don’t mention, Yuri ah. I know you since you were little and your parents well. They always did a good deed to our community here. It’s just a small contribution from me,” the shop owner replied. Yuri just smiled sheepishly with the compliments, and shifted his gaze at his daughter.

 

“Hani ya, let’s go home. Your halmeoni and haraboji were waiting for you. Kaja!,” Yuri said to his little girl.

 

“Dae, daddy. DooE ya, let’s go home. Unnie will give you food and we can continue play at home,” Hani said to her new ‘dongsaeng’. Her father and the shop owner just smiled over her interactions with the puppy.

 

“Thank you once, again, abonim. Hani ya, say thank you and goodbye to haraboji,” Yuri said to his little daughter. Hani immediately scooped DooE into her little arms.

 

“Gomawo, haraboji. Annyeonghaseyo!,” she said as she bowed.

 

“Gwenchana, Hani ya. DooE, be good to your unnie, arasso?,” the shop owner replied as he caressed the puppy’s head. DooE cutely barked at him.

 

The Kwons then walked out of the shop and immediately got into the car, heading to home.

 

 


 

 

Meanwhile, in L.A.

 

“Mom, please. Please let me see Yuri oppa and Hani for one last time. I promise after I explained to them, I will come back here to fulfill daddy’s wish,” Krystal begged to her mother. Mrs. Jung sighed heavily while watching his husband who was lying helplessly on the hospital’s bed with his body full of wires.

 

“Arasso. But, with one condition,” she said.

 

“What is it, mom?,” Krystal asked with her eyes full of wary.

 

“Amber will accompany you,” she replied.

 

“W-what?”

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 


 

Annyeong guys! Sorry for the late update. I hope you enjoy reading the chapter. Please comment and subscribe if you like. Thank you! <3