Chapter 7

Make Me Love You
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

:: Lost ::

 

“It’s been a month. I didn't know what had happened to her,” Yuri said while watching his surroundings. He and Sunny were at the studio of the broadcasting station where Yoona was shooting her cooking program with some famous celebrities as her guests.

 

“Have you tried contact.. Ermm.. Jessica? Asking her about Krystal’s whereabouts?,” Sunny replied. Yuri just shook his head.

 

“Ever since we got divorced, I never contacted her. I went to Jung Corporation, asking about how to contact her and the Jungs, but no avail. I don’t know, but I have a hunch that her father might not like us involved in a relationship. Maybe for him, it’s enough for only Jessica to involve with me,” he said. Sunny scratched her not-so-itchy chin and nodded.

 

“Yeah, I have the same thought. Ermm… what about Hani? Is she okay now?,” she asked in concern. Yuri let out a sigh.

 

“She keep on asking me when will Krystal were coming back to Seoul. I knew, she missed her a lot, especially when she’s already regarded her as her mommy. I feel sorry for her,” he replied sadly. Sunny sighed and patted on his shoulder.

 

“Be strong, Yul ah. Just give her as much attention as she needs. She’s still a kid, she need lots of love and support from you and your parents. I believe if things goes well, Krystal will come back to you someday,” she said encouraging words to him.

 

“Thanks, Sunny. Yeah, I hope so,” Yuri replied as he smiled faintly.

 

 


 

 

“Sunny ah, can we stop by at the supermarket? I want to buy some ingredients for my restaurant. And I want Yuri to help me pushing the shopping cart and carry the stuffs to the car,” Yoona said as she instructed.

 

“What? Ya! I’m not your maid! I’m just a bodyguard, though” Yuri voiced out his dissatisfaction on her order. Being working with Yoona for almost three months has made him comfortable with their relationship as a one team. Lee, the MPV’s driver and Sunny just chuckled.

 

“Did you listen carefully on what I said earlier? I clearly said the word “HELP”, am I?,” she said in annoyed tone.

 

“Damn!,” he mumbled softly, but loud enough for everyone in the MPV to hear.

 

“I heard you, Kwon Yuri. Just do as I instructed if you don’t want me to push you out from this MPV,” she sternly said. Yuri just rolled his eyes annoyingly. Sunny and Lee just shook their head while glancing at the two.

 

“Lee, let’s stop by at the Family Supermarket near to the main junction at the front. It has everything there,” Sunny said.

 

“Arasso,” Lee replied, and he made a turn to the right to where the supermarket was located.

 

 


 

 

“I’ll be waiting here,” Lee said right after he stopped the MPV in front of the supermarket.

 

“Arasso,” Sunny replied, and Yuri immediately dashed out of the MPV and opened the door for the ladies. The three of them then walked towards the supermarket’s entrance, and Yoona’s sudden appearance there gained lots of attention from other customers who were doing their groceries shopping at that time.

 

“Yoona ssi! I’m your biggest fan on your cooking show,” one of the older lady shouted. Yoona just smiled and bowed a little to the old lady. Some of them started to crowd around her while busy taking her photo using their mobile phones, and it causing her felt uncomfortable. Noticing on that, Yuri politely said to them to give a space for them to move around.

 

“I shouldn’t come here without any cover, though,” she said to Sunny.

 

“Why do you want to cover yourself? Isn’t it good for your publicity? Who knows, the supermarket owner will offer you to become their spokesperson,” Sunny said teasingly.

 

“Me? Spokesperson for this supermarket? Oh, come on, Sunny!,” she exclaimed as she rolled her eyes annoyingly.

 

“Ya! What’s wrong with this supermarket? It’s a well-known one, and have branches in entire South Korea, you know,” she replied. They were waiting for Yuri to bring the shopping cart.

 

“I’m not interested, though. Unless if there are any well-known department stores wanted me to become their spokesperson, then I will take the offer,” she said.

 

“Don’t be so haughty, Yoong. You will never know until when you will sustain in this industry. Like Heidi Klum used to say in ‘Project Runaway’, “One day you are in, and the next you are out”,” she replied, causing Yoona chuckled on her words.

 

“What nonsense you’re talking, Sunny ya? If I were no longer in this industry, I still have my restaurant to work at, though,” she said.

 

“Still, you need a publicity to promote your restaurant, right?,” she replied with a grin.

 

“Urghh! Whatever! I will never win over you,” she exclaimed annoyingly, causing Sunny laughed on her act.

 

“Sorry for keep you waiting. The worker just uploading the shopping carts, and I need to wait for it,” Yuri said the moment he approaching the ladies.

 

“Chincha? I thought those ahjummas stopping you in the middle of your way to take photos with you. They seemed to like you, though,” Yoona jokingly said, causing Yuri furrowed his brows, showing his dislikes over her words. Sunny just shook her head while looking at the two.

 

“Alright. Just cut it out, you two! Let’s start shopping now. Kaja!,” Sunny said as she patted on Yoona’s , gesturing her to start walking.

 

“Ya!,” she exclaimed while glaring at the latter. She then marched to the vegetables section while Yuri and Sunny just chuckled while following the latter from behind.

 

 


 

 

“Thanks,” Yoona thanked Yuri after he put the last plastic bag of the groceries in the store room of her restaurant.

 

“Hmm..,” he replied. He then bowed to her and was about to walk out when Yoona suddenly called him.

 

“Yuri,” she said. Yuri stopped while looking at her.

 

“Yeah?,” he replied. Yoona then opened her handbag and took her purse. She took out several banknotes and handed it to him.

 

“Here, for helping me out carrying these stuffs,” she said. Yuri just shook his head and smiled faintly.

 

“No, thanks. I sincerely help you. No need to pay me because I have already received my monthly pay,” he replied. He was stunned when Yoona suddenly grabbed his hand, and put the bank notes into his palm.

 

“I insists. I don’t like to order people without giving them a reward. If you don’t want to receive it, you can give it to your daughter, or you can put into her savings account,” she said. Yuri sighed and finally relented as he took the banknotes from her. He didn't want to prolong an unnecessary argument with her.

 

“Arasso. Thanks,” he said and bowed to her before he walked out of the store room.

 

“You’re welcome,” the latter mumbled slowly while watching him slowly disappeared from her sight. She felt slightly hurt on his cold act towards her.

 

 


 

 

The Kwon’s Penthouse

 

Yuri was sitting at the balcony of the penthouse while staring mindlessly at the sky. There were not many stars tonight, and he took a can of beer, opened the lid and sipping the content.

 

“How I wish I could fly to L.A. right now to see her. I want to know what happened to her after a month she left Seoul,” he mumbled. He then took his phone, and touched the screen. He opened the picture gallery and touched on the album folder which contained photos of him, Hani and Krystal which he took during her visit to the ranch month ago. He smiled at the welfie photo which he and Hani kissed on Krystal’s cheeks. He suddenly felt restless. He put the phone on the side table, and leaned his back as he close his eyes.

 

“RING! RING!”

 

He startled as suddenly his phone was ringing. He quickly took the phone, and looked at the screen. It’s an unknown number, but being curious he just touched the answer button.

 

“Hello?,” he answered.

 

“O-oppa,” the familiar voice greets him.

 

“Krys.. Krystal? Is that you?,” he asked in curious.

 

“Y-yes oppa. I can’t talk to you right now. I just want to hear your voice. I will call you back,” she hurriedly said as she hung up.

 

“Krystal.. Yaaah!,” he shouted and ruffled his hair frustratedly as the call ended. What frustrates him more was that the number couldn’t be dialled back.

 

“W-why?,” he mumbled sadly.

 

 


 

 

Meanwhile, in L.A.

 

“Whom are you calling, sweetie?,” Mrs. Jung asked. Krystal was contemplated whether to tell her mother about the truth or not.

 

“Y-yuri oppa, mom,” she replied hesitantly. Mrs. Jung sighed, and sat next to her youngest daughter. She patted on her shoulder while shifted her glance at her husband who was lying lifelessly on the bed, with his body full of wires. They were at the V.I.P ward in the hospital where Mr. Jung have been admitted to due to a sudden heart attack a month ago, and he’s now in coma.

 

“Soojung ah. I know how you feels. It’s not that I don’t want you and Yuri to be together. Your dad violently against it, and he have made his promise to Amber’s father to marry you both. Your dad will feel ashamed if he broke the promise to his friend, sweetie,” Mrs. Jung said sadly.

 

“But, why, mom? Why dad never discussed with me beforehand? He knew that I liked Yuri oppa ever since. Why he did that?,” she replied as she couldn’t hold her emotions and cried. Mrs. Jung sighed and pulled her daughter into her arms.

 

“There, there,” she patted on her back to soothe her. She felt sorry for her daughter.

 

“Soojung ah. He made his promise to Amber’s father long time ago, when you two were small. Amber’s father was his best friend, and he have helped him a lot during his difficult days. He wanted to pay back for his kindness by promising to him to marry you both when you two grow up someday,” she said.

 

“But, why me, mom? Why me?,” she replied. Mrs. Jung rubbed her daughter’s back before she could answer her.

 

“Sometimes in life, we couldn’t get of what we wanted. We have to sacrifice, to learn to let go in order to find the true happiness. I know you love Yuri so much, but there must be the reason why God doesn’t grant your wish to be with him. He must have planned something better for you, sweetie. Just believe in what God has planned for you,” her mother said. Both of them immediately pulled off the hug when they heard the door slowly opened by someone.

 

“Aunty, can I come in?,” a handsome young man with a white coat said with his half body entered the room.

 

“Yes you can, dear. Just come inside,” Mrs. Jung said as she smiled. The young man then entered inside, and slowly closed the door back. He then walked towards them and bowed to Mrs. Jung.

 

“I’m here to check on Uncle Jung’s progress,” the young man, Dr. Amber Liu politely said.

 

“Sure, go ahead,” Mrs. Jung replied. Dr. Liu then heading towards the bed. He diligently doing his job while once a while glancing at Krystal. Whenever their eyes met, he quickly turned his head towards the progress chart file that was in his hands.

 

“How was him, dear?,” Mrs. Jung asked.

 

“His heartbeat was stable, but I couldn’t find any movements made by him yet so far. He’s still in a comatose state, aunty. Normally, some people can hear you during their comatose state, and I advise you to keep on talking to him. Who knows, with his will, he can give you a good response by trying to move any part of his body,” he replied as he explained. Mrs. Jung nodded understandingly.

 

“I hope he will wake up soon. I couldn’t bear to see him in this condition anymore,” Mrs. Jung sadly said.

 

“Mom,” Krystal said as she leaned closer to her mother and hugged her.

 

“Don’t worry, Aunty Jung. Just keep on doing on what I have suggested, and if God’s will, he will wake up soon,” Dr. Liu said.

 

“Thank you, Amber for taking care of him,” Mrs. Jung thanked the young doctor.

 

“Don’t mention, aunty. It’s my job to monitor uncle from time to time,” he replied as he smiled. He then glanced at his wristwatch. “I need to excuse myself first, aunty, Krystal. If you find out uncle suddenly making any movements, please call me immediately,” he said.

 

“I will, Amber. Thank you once again,” Mrs. Jung replied.

 

“You’re welcome, aunty. I will see you later,” he said as he bowed to her and turned his heels towards the door. Mrs. Jung smiled while watching the young doctor left the room.

 

He’s a nice guy, isn’t he?,” Mrs. Jung said to Krystal.

 

“Ermm.. y-yeah,” Krystal replied and smiled faintly.

 

 


 

 

“Hey, you’re okay?,” Sunny asked while looking at Yuri in concern. He has been spacing out since then while waiting for Yoona to finish her shooting for final battle of the cooking show with the idols.

 

“Hmm.. y-yeah,” he replied, smiling awkwardly at the latter. Sunny squinted her eye while staring at Yuri rather suspiciously.

 

“W-what?,” he asked when he noticed Sunny was staring at him with a suspicious look. Sunny chuckled as she felt amused with his perplexed look.

 

“You’re spacing out again,” she replied.

 

“No, I’m not. I was watching them,” he immediately denied it. Sunny just chuckled while shook her head.

 

“You can always share with me, Yul ah. Why? Did you receive any news from Krystal?,” she asked. He then slowly nodded. Sunny’s eyes got widen with his response. “Did she call you last night?,” she asked again. Yuri nodded.

 

“But, it’s just for mere second. She was like in a hurry before she hung up, and she said she will call me again,” he replied, looking rather sad.

 

“Aigoo.. I wonder what had happened to her. Did she secretly calls you, and when her parents or Jessica found out, she have to end the call?,” she said as she assumed. Yuri sighed and just shrugged.

 

“I don’t know, Sunny ah. If she call me again later, I will ask her home address there, and I will take a leave to fly to L.A,” he replied with a determination.

 

“Just go ahead, Yul. I will inform Yoona later. I hope you can settle the unsettled matter with her there. I hope you will bring us the good news,” she said encouragingly.

 

“Yeah, I hope so,” he replied as he smiled.

 

 


 

 

“Miss Im,” the same idol who used to take welfie with her on last time called her. The guy slowly approached her.

 

“Aishh.. It’s him again. What does he want from me?,” she thought as she started to feel annoyed.

 

“Ermm.. are.. Are you free after this?,” he dared himself to ask her out.

 

“No, I’m not. I have another schedule after this,” she said as she tried to decline politely.

 

“Oh,” he looked disappointed. But then, he smiled again. “What about tomorrow?,” he asked again as he’s not giving up and trying his luck. Yoona sighed while looking at the direction where Yuri and Sunny were standing. The two were still talking without realized that Yoona was looking at them.

 

“I’m sorry because I’m taken” she replied. “Ermm.. I have to go now. My manager and my BOYFRIEND there are waiting for me,” she said while purposely emphasized the word boyfriend, with hope that the guy would understand.

 

“Oh, o-okay,” the guy replied, looking rather disappointed and also scared because of Yuri’s well built body. “I’m sorry to disturb you. Have a nice day,” he said as he bowed to her and walked towards where his other group members were gathered.

 

“Thank God!,” she thought, and immediately walked towards Yuri and Sunny. She then suddenly hooked her arm through Yuri’s arm, and the latter was startled.

 

“Don’t move, please. Just acting like we are a couple,” she whispered to Yuri while glancing at the group where the guy was. She noticed the guy was looking at her. Sunny looked at her sudden weird act, but then she saw that Yoona’s eyes were looking at the direction where the group of idols were gathered. She smiled as she finally understands the situation right now.

 

“I don’t know what you’re doing, but can we just leave right now?,” he whispered to Yoona.

 

“Don’t forget to smile, Kwon Yuri. Smile,” she whispered back. Yuri sighed. He got no choice but to follow on his boss’s instruction as he smiled.

 

“Alright, let’s get out of here. I feel really suffocated whenever that little boy tried to approach me,” she leaned closely to Yuri’s ear as she whispered. Yuri then gestured Sunny to walk first, and followed her from behind.

 

They headed to the car that has been waiting for them outside the building, and Yoona quickly released her arm from Yuri’s as the latter opened the door for her.

 

“Ya, what did you tell to that poor guy, huh?,” Sunny asked.

 

“Nothing. I told her my boyfriend was waiting for me,” she nonchalantly said. Sunny suddenly burst out laughing.

 

“So, that explains on what you have done with Yuri just now, huh? You’re so slick, girl!,” she said while still laughing.

 

“Then, what do you expect me to tell him? That I’m y, single and ready to mingle? I have already had a real boyfriend, though. That man at the front seat there was just my scapegoat,” she replied.

 

“Yah! I’m a human being, though! Not a goat!,” Yuri exclaimed in anger, causing the rest laughed at him.

 

“Oh my God! You’re so funny, Kwon Yuri!,” Sunny said while still laughing and clapping her hands like a seal.

 

“Yeah, whatever!,” he mumbled as he rolled his eyes annoyingly.

 

 


 

 

“Sorry for asking you out tonight,” Yuri said to Hyomin.

 

“No problem, dude. So, any good news?,” he asked. They were having their supper and drinks at the usual food stall in Myeongdong.

 

“Nope. I was waiting for her to call me back. But, it has been two days. Nothing,” he replied.

 

“Don’t give up, dude. If she really meant for you, then there must be a way for you two to be together,” he said while pouring the soju into Yuri’s glass. The latter thanked him and gulped the liquid in one go.

 

“I don’t know, Hyo. I just have this feeling that her parents doesn’t want us to be together. You know, I’m a widower, a married man and have a daughter, and the worst thing is that, I’m her ex brother-in-law. If you were her parents, would you want your daughter to marry a guy like me?,” he said.

 

“I’m okay if the guy treat my daughter well, regardless whether he’s a widower or not. As long as my daughter is happy, I’m fine with it,” Hyomin replied.

 

“That’s your opinion. What about Sunny? Will she have the same thought as yours?,” Yuri asked.

“I know her well. She will agree with me too. As long as our daughter is happy,” he replied.

 

“Easy for you to say, dude. No parents in this world would want their daughter to marry a guy like me, unless if they have to. In my case, I think it will be difficult for my parents-in-law to allow Krystal to marry me. I bet they have already arranged someone to marry her. Someone who was close to their family, like friends or their business acquaintances. I knew them well, dude,” he stated his opinion.

 

“If that’s the case, why don’t you just wait for her to call you, and hear her explanation first. I know, waiting for someone to come back to you is really torturing, especially when you said Hani has started to like her. I’m afraid if she knew Kyrstal is going to be married with other guys, it will break her heart, you know,” Hyomin giving his two cents. Yuri took the soju bottle and pouring the liquid into Hyomin’s glass and his. He gulped the liquid and grimaced with the alcohol effect.

 

“Yeah, I know. Poor my baby. She really wants to have a mother, but when she just about to find one, her pabo daddy have to break her heart,” Yuri sadly said, and the alcohol started to affect his body. He was about to pour the soju into his glass when Hyomin suddenly seized the bottle from his hand.

 

“Hey, why did you do that?,” he scolded him.

 

“You’re already drunk, dude. I don’t want to end up carrying you to home like last time,” he sternly said. Yuri raised his both hands in defeat.

 

“Arasso, arasso. Mian. But, I really want to drink tonight,” he said.

 

“Just continue at your home later. Alright, let me send you home,” Hyomin replied as he called the stall owner to pay for the food and drinks. Yuri came with a taxi because he knew he had a low tolerance with alcohol, and his best friend as usual will sent him home.

 

“Kaja!,” he said as he pulled Yuri’s arm.

 

“Aishh..,” he groaned and forcefully got up from his seat.

 

 


 

 

“RING! RING!”

 

“Urghh!,” Yuri groaned when he heard his phone was non-stop ringing. He opened his eyes, and grabbed his phone that was on the bedside table.

 

“Yeoboseyo?,” he lazily answered the call.

 

“Yul ah. Can you please come home now?,” his mother’s worried voice being heard through the phone.

 

“W-what happened, mom?,” he frantically asked.

 

“Hani, she’s having a high fever,” she replied.

 

“M-mwoh? D-did you bring her to the hospital?,” he asked.

 

“We are in the hospital right now. Just come home today, okay? She keep on calling your name,” his mother replied.

 

“Mom, can you ask Hyoyeon to treat Hani? I want him to treat her. I will come home right now,” he said.

 

“He is in charge for treating Hani. He said he wanted to talk to you personally. Just come home right now, arasso?,” she replied.

 

“Arasso, arasso. I will take a leave today. I will see you later,” he said.

 

“Arasso, see you later,” his mother replied as she hung up the call. Yuri throw his phone on the bedside table, and jumped off the bed hurriedly went to the bathroom to take a shower.

 

“Hey, Sunny! Sorry to call you. I need to take an emergency leave today,” Yuri said through the phone. He was inside the car, driving back to Goyang.

 

“Hey, Yul! Huh? Why? What happen?,” she frantically asked.

 

“My daughter, Hani. She’s in the hospital. My mom called me just now, told me that she got a high fever. She wants me to be there,” he replied.

 

“Oh my God! Okay, okay. Just go home now. I will ask Hyomin to find another bodyguard to replace you today,” she said.

 

“Thanks a lot, Sunny. Okay, I have to hang up now. I’m driving,” he replied.

 

“Arasso. Drive carefully, Yul,” she said.

 

“Alright. Bye!,” he replied as he hung up.

 

“Hani ya, wait for daddy, okay? Be strong, baby. Daddy know you’re a strong girl,” he mumbled as tears rolled down his cheeks. He always feel emotional whenever his daughter fall sick, or feeling sad. He speeds up his driving, heading to his home.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
Annyeong guys!
 
Hope you will like the update. Comment and subscribe if you like.
 
See you in the next chapter!