Chapter 11

Make Me Love You
 
 
 
 
**Pic cr: kpopmap.com**
 
 
 

:: Ending Scene ::

 

At Hangang Park

 

Yuri was sitting at the bench near the riverside. His eyes were gazing absentmindedly at the wide open river that flows slowly, as slow as the time goes by. He just ignored his phone that ringing non-stop since he left the hotel this morning. Everything that happened on last night until this morning between him and Krystal were getting blurred and more blurred as he wanted to erase all those memories he had with the girl he loved. He doesn’t know whether wanted to feel hurt, or to accept the fact that it will happen, no matter how they tried so hard to realise it into reality.

 

Flashback

 

“Why Krystal?,” he asked with a calm voice, as calm as he could. Krystal was stay quiet as she couldn’t form any words to answer his question. Her tears were non-stop flowing from her cheeks. Her heart was heavy, too heavy as she couldn’t breathe. Those words she had said before, how she wish she could take it back. But, it’s too late. Yuri let out a deep sigh as his mother’s words slowly getting back into his mind. His mother was right. The Jung will never accept him to become their son-in-law once again. He then slowly getting up from the bed as he’s already fully dressed, and walked towards the window. He leaned closer at the wall near the window while crossing his arms, gazing at the outside with his tangled mind.

 

“I’m sorry, oppa. I’m truly sorry. I failed to convince my parents about us. My dad.. He collapsed because of a heart attack after I told him about the news. He’s now in coma at the hospital. Amber.. I mean Dr. Liu was his personal doctor who took care of him since he has been hospitalized,” she said in between her crying.

 

Yuri felt sorry after hearing of her explanation. He knew he supposed to prepare his heart and mind for the rejection from her parents, but his stubborn heart refused to do so. Krystal came to his life after he tried to avoid involving with any woman for four years. She managed to open his heart to fall in love again. He didn’t know why, but The Jung girls really have something that makes him easily falling in love with them. All this while, he could only think that he will meet a woman that could accept him and her daughter someday, and when he found the perfect one, fate does not favor him this time.

 

“I know this will hurt me the most, but I have to think of my daughter’s feeling too. I don’t want her to lose her aunt. Her own flesh and blood too. I couldn’t hate you, Krystal. I want to ending our love story with a good term. I have to accept the fact that we will never meant to be, and we could only have an in-law relationship, not more than that,” Yuri said. He then uncrossed his arms, and walked towards Krystal who was still crying while sitting on the bed. He stood in front of the crying girl. He squatted down and put his hands on her lap.

 

“Krystal, please stop crying. I know we both are hurting. But, we are helpless, nothing we can do. Just fulfill your dad’s wish. Don’t disappoint him. I’m sure Amber is a good guy for you, that’s why your dad wanted you to marry him. I’m not saying this because I have given up on us. I’m doing this for you, and for Hani. She will always be your niece no matter what. Don’t worry, I will try to talk to her later,” he said as he patted on her lap, and slowly stood up. There’s no response from the latter as she was still crying heavily after hearing the hurtful words from the person she loved the most.

 

“I have to go now, Krystal. Take care of yourself. I’m sorry for everything. Please be happy always after this, arasso?,” Yuri said as he smiled faintly, and after he didn’t receive any response from the latter, he turned his heels and walked towards the door, slowly leaving the girl he used to love, for good. He have to ending this heart-broken scene immediately.

 

End of flashback

 

“RING! RING! RING!”

 

His phone was ringing again for the umpteenth time, and it had snapped him out of his thought. He sighed and slowly fished out the phone from his pants pocket. He then looked at the phone screen, and his brows furrowed the moment he saw the ID caller.

 

“Im Yoona? What does she want? I’m still on leave, though,” he mumbles while his index finger immediately sliding the answer button.

 

“Yes, Miss Im?,” he answered the call.

 

“Ya! Kwon Yuri! Where the hell are you? I have called you many times!”, she snapped at him. Yuri immediately pulled the phone from his right ear for a while as the latter’s voice was basically sounded in anger.

 

“I’m still on leave, though. Why?,” he replied as he rolled his eyes in annoyance.

 

“I want you to follow me this weekend. I’m going to fly to Beijing this Saturday morning,” she said as she ordered. Yuri’s eyes widened in surprise as Yoona ordered her to accompany her to abroad out of sudden.

 

“B-but, I’m still on leave, Miss Im. My daughter is still in recovery process from fever,” he reasoned.

 

“That means, she’s already fine, right? So, you need to get back to work this weekend. End of the story,” she replied as she hung up.

 

“B-but… M-Miss Im.. Hello? Hello!,” Yuri yelled over the disconnected line. “Aishh.. This brat! How can she become so heartless over her staff, huh? I better call Sunny to get an explanation about this,” he grunted as he quickly scrolled down Sunny’s number and immediately dialed it.

 

“Kwon Yuri! How are you?,” Sunny cheerfully greeted him over the line.

 

“Hey, I’m good,” he replied as he smiled faintly. “Ermm.. Sunny, I want to ask you about..,” Yuri was about to continue his words when Sunny suddenly cut him off.

 

“Yeah, yeah. I know. That crazy woman. She’s basically dragging me to work over nonsense matter too,” she said. Yuri furrowed his brows as he confused.

 

“What nonsense matter? What it has to do with me needing to accompany her to Beijing?,” he asked in curious. Sunny laughed in response, causing he felt more confused and curious.

 

“She wanted to spy his boyfriend for cheating on her. She hired a PI (Private Investigator) there, and that PI guy recently reported to her that Xiao has went clubbing with many pretty girls over there, which triggers his lover’s mind, heart and soul here,” Sunny explained as she chuckled.

 

“Chincha? No wonder why,” he replied. “But, still, do I really have to go? You know that Hani had just recovered from her fever,” Yuri asked.

 

“I have told her the same thing, Yul, but she didn’t listen. I don’t want her to complain to my boss over a small thing, so, I decided just to follow her order. Unfortunately, she’s dragging you into this work too, so, what choice do we have, Yul?,” Sunny replied. Yuri sighed as he fell into silence for a while.

 

“Yeah, we don’t have a choice, have we? But, I need to soothe my little girl first before I can fly to Beijing. She can be uneasy girl sometimes, you know,” Yuri said. Sunny just chuckled over the line.

 

“It’s okay, Yul, I understand. I will send you the flight ticket details through the email. Just pack some of your clothes because I don’t think it will take a day for her to settle the matter,” Sunny reminds him.

 

“Alright. So, I’ll see you on Saturday morning,” he said.

 

“Yeah. See ya. Bye bye!,” she replied as she ended the conversation.

 

“Bye bye!,” Yuri said as he hung up the phone call.

 

 


 

 

“Krys, are you okay?,” Amber asked while looking at a gloomy girl next to him. They were sitting at the bench near the Han river on that afternoon. Her puffy eyes were clear enough telling that she has been crying, probably the whole day. Amber felt so worried about her, and he knew that she had met Yuri before. He bet it has something to do with their last encounter this morning.

 

“I’m okay, Am. Don’t worry,” she replied, her voice sounded a bit hoarse.

 

“Should I do something to soothe her feeling?,” he thought. Amber then slowly scooted closer to her, and when their bodies were close enough, he put his hand on Krystal’s head at the left side, and gently pushed her head to lean on his shoulder.

 

“I might not knowing on what was happening to you, but now I’m offering my shoulder for you to cry on,” he earnestly said. Right after he said so, Krystal immediately wrapped her arms around his waist, and cried. Amber was startled at first, but he quickly put his hand on her back and patting it gently.

 

“I know you’re hurting, Krys. But please, stop crying from now on. It’s not good for your eyes, and for your health as well,” he said. Krystal slowly stopped crying, but her sobbing couldn’t stop. Amber was contemplating at first, but when he thought that sooner of later Krystal will going to be his future wife, he took his first attempt to hug the latter, and kissed on top of her head.

 

“Shh.. don’t cry. Everything will be okay. I’m always here when you need me,” he soothely said. Krystal then slowly lifted her head, and stared at the latter.

 

“Why are you so nice to me, Am? You know me and Yul oppa..,” she was about to continue her words when Amber suddenly stopped her by putting his index finger on her lips.

 

“Everyone has its own story and history, and it’s not like something that we can easily erase from our life. But, we can always starting back our life by turn over a new leaf, Krys,” he replied as he smiled warmly to her. Krystal was overwhelmed with Amber’s calm personality and wise words. She knew Amber loves her, but to accept his love and let him in at this moment was something that she couldn’t do. She’s still couldn’t move on from Yuri that soon. She tried to look at the good side of Amber that she could rely on. As a close friend.

 

As for Amber, he knew that Krystal won’t easily open up on him too soon. All that he could do is to win her heart by offering a comfortable friendship and relationship for her. And, so far he has already achieved his first victory.

 

“Let’s get back to the hotel. You need a rest,” Amber said in concern. Krystal shook her head, and leaned her head back on Amber’s shoulder while tighten her arms around his waist, seeking a comfortable healing for her broken heart.

 

“Let’s stay here for a while,” she replied. Amber was surprised at first, but then he just let her be.

 

“Alright then,” he said. He then took his second attempt by leaning his chin on her head. Surprisingly, Krystal didn’t move an inch or objected, and they were just sitting still while gazing at the spectacular view of Han river in front of them, enjoying each other's warmth as the weather was freezing cold at that time.

 

 


 

 

“DooE ya! Come back here!,” Hani called her puppy who was actively running around the room. She laughed when fluffy little black curveball cutely running towards her and barking at her.

 

“Come here, you naughty little one!,” she said while squatted down and carried the puppy into her arms. She then walked towards her bed and flopped into it. DooE who was in her arms suddenly jumped off the bed and running towards the door. The door slowly being opened from outside, and the figure she had missed for two days suddenly entered.

 

“Daddy!,” she shouted happily, and like DooE, she jumped off the bed while running towards her beloved father and spread her short arms to hug him around his waist. Yuri chuckled and carried his little daughter into his arms. He kissed her cheek repeatedly. He missed his little girl after not seeing her for two days. After his last encounter with Krystal, he decided to spend another night at his penthouse, drinking alcohol beverages just to wash his sadness and frustration feels away.

 

“Hey, you naughty girl! What are you doing today?,” Yuri asked as he walked towards the bed and sat on it.

 

“Hani plays with DooE, daddy. DooE is so naughty these days. She likes to running around the house,” replied his daughter.

 

“Chincha? Then it’s good, though. That means she’s healthy and have a good mood,” Yuri said as he put her daughter on the bed.

 

“DooE is like Hani, right, daddy?,” she asked. Yuri just chuckled and ruffled his little girl’s hair.

 

“Yes, sweetie. She’s cute and naughty just like daddy’s little girl here,” he replied. Hani just giggled in response. He then looked at the bedside table where he put all her medicine before he left two days ago. The medicine were not there.

 

“Sweetie, where’s your medicine from the hospital?,” he asked.

 

“Halmeoni keep it at the medicine box in the kitchen, daddy,” she replied.

 

“Chincha? But, why?,” Yuri asked in curious.

 

“Doctor came yesterday to check Hani, and he said Hani has already okay. He said Hani didn’t have to take medicine anymore,” the little girl explained. Yuri nodded understandingly.

 

“That means, daddy’s girl here has already fully recovered, right?,” he said. Hani grinned while nodding her head. Yuri smiled while side hugging his daughter and kissed on top of her head.

 

“Don’t get sick again, arasso? Daddy, halmeoni and haraboji were so worried about you. You’re the one and only sweetheart to the Kwon, you know,” he said.

 

“Chincha? How about DooE, daddy?,” Hani innocently asked, causing Yuri laughed on her spontaneous words as he found it funny and have a logic at the same time.

 

“Yes, sweetie. DooE and Hani are the sweetheart to the Kwon,” he said as he chuckled.

 

“Yeay! DooE ya! You’re a Kwon too!,” Hani excitedly bouncing up and down on the bed while talking to her puppy who was quietly sitting in front of the bed, looking at her ‘unnie’ weirdly.

 

 


 

 

“I have to go, Mom. Miss Im wanted me to accompany her to Beijing,” Yuri said while busy packing his clothes and important belongings into his small luggage and backpack.

 

“Aigoo.. Hani has just recovered, Yul ah. She must feel sad knowing that you have to leave her once again,” Mrs. Kwon replied while crossing her arms, watching his youngest son diligently doing his packing.

 

“I have told her yesterday during our ice cream session time. She said she’s okay. I was surprised at first, but to think that she had DooE by her side right now, so, I think she doesn’t feel lonely anymore, mom,” Yuri said as he smiled.

 

“If that so, then I don’t have to worry much, though. I’m afraid she will fall sick like last time. Ermm.. speaking on that, how’s your meeting with Krystal?,” Mrs. Kwon asked. Yuri suddenly stopped his doing and just let out a faint smile.

 

“You’re right, mom. The Jung have set her to marry off their friend’s son. We.. we ended up well after hearing her explanation,” he replied. “I’m sorry, mom,” he apologized in his thought. But, being an understanding mother, Mrs. Kwon knew that there must be more that her son doesn’t want to share with her. She decided not to further her question.

 

“Don’t be sad, Yul ah. I’m sure there must be someone out there who’s still waiting for the right time to meet you. Just, don’t give up, son,” she said an encourage words to him.

 

“I know, mom. Thank you for always being there during my hard time,” he said while smiled warmly to his mother.

 

“You’re welcome, son,” she replied. “Alright, I need to go downstairs to make a coffee for your dad. You want a coffee too?,” she asked.

 

“Yeah. Thanks, mom,” he thanked her. Mrs. Kwon smiled in return and immediately left his room.

 

 


 

 

Saturday morning, at Incheon Airport

 

“Where are they?,” Yuri mumbles while his eyes wandering around the waiting area. He’s already done with his check-in, and still waiting for Sunny and Yoona arrival. He was about to check on his phone, suddenly he heard a familiar voice calling his name.

 

“Yuri ah! Sorry we are late!,” Sunny shouted. She was basically jogging towards the waiting area, while their boss, Im Yoona was taking her sweet time walking like model in a runaway. She wore her thick white jacket with a pair of black shades. Yuri just shook his head while looking at her.

 

“Sunny ah. Slow down will you? We still got time, don’t worry,” he said. Sunny then took her seat next to him as she was still breathing heavily. Yoona casually took her seat next to Sunny, crossing her legs while checking on her phone like nothing happen.

 

“We are late because of Lee suddenly had another schedule, so, we took a taxi to come here,” she replied. Yuri’s eyes widened in surprise after hearing her explanation.

 

“Ya! Why don’t you call me first? I can fetch you two and we can go together to the airport,” he snapped. Sunny smiled apologetically while her thumb secretly pointed at her left side, indicating that the things happened because of Yoona. He just shook his head for umpteenth time. Sunny then took out her phone from her handbag, and quickly typed a text message to Yuri.

 

From: Lee Sunny

 

We are late because of her actually. She took her sweet time to get ready, and that’s why Lee have to cancel his schedule to send us to the airport because he has already had another schedule after that.

 

“Aishh.. This brat!,” Yuri mumbles slowly after reading the text message. He then quickly replied the message.

 

From: Kwon Yuri

 

Judging from her looks today, I knew this will happen. What an unfortunate for us to have this kind of boss who’s lacking a discipline. She’s beautiful, but heartless.

 

Sunny burst into giggles while reading Yuri’s text message. Yoona who noticed on her sudden weird act slowly took off her black shades, looking at Sunny weirdly.

 

“What’s wrong with you?,” she asked. Sunny just ignored her and continued to reply on Yuri’s text.

 

From: Lee Sunny

 

Ya! She’s beautiful and heartless, but still have a soft side, though. You will see it later. Trust me.

 

Yuri smiled after reading the reply. He then quickly typed the reply to Sunny.

 

From: Kwon Yuri

 

I don’t want to! :-P

 

Sunny then laughed while glancing at Yuri. He did the same with the emoticon, stuck his tongue out at Sunny. Yoona then turned to look at Sunny, and then Yuri. She just shook her head and continued looking at her phone. Not long after, they heard an announcement calling for the passengers who will depart to Beijing to proceed to the boarding gate. The trio then got up from their respective seats, and immediately heading towards the boarding gate.

 

 


 

 

Five hours later, at Beijing Capital International Airport

 

“Ya, Kwon Yuri! Go and take my luggage,” Yoona ordered right after the trio have done with their check-in process. Yuri then stared at her with an unbelievable look. He was about to rage at Yoona when suddenly Sunny hold his arm, gesturing him not to cause such scene at the baggage claim area. Being a well-trained person, Yuri managed to calm himself down and he thought that if not because of Sunny, the arrogant girl over there will definitely got his free lecture. He then immediately went to the baggage conveyer to get their luggage.

 

“I have called my PI, Mr. Chao, and he will become our driver while we are here,” Yoona said to Sunny.

 

“Let’s check in at the hotel first. I’m tired like hell,” Sunny replied.

 

“Arasso. Let’s wait here until Mr. Chao arrived,” Yoona said. She then looked at Sunny’s side, but Yuri was nowhere to be found. Knowing that Yoona was looking for him, Sunny just chuckled.

 

“He said he will go to the hotel by himself. No need to worry about him,” Sunny informed.

 

“That brat.. Aishh..!,” she grunted. Sunny just giggled while shook her head in amusement.

 

 


 

 

“Thanks, Kris!,” Yuri thanked the guy who was driving at his side.

 

“Don’t mention, hyung. It’s been a while, huh?,” Kris replied while his eyes focusing on the road.

 

“Let’s get a drink together whenever I’m free from working with that witch,” Yuri said, causing Kris laughed over his words.

 

“Ya, hyung! There are saying that, if we hate someone, we'll eventually fall in love with them,” he replied as he chuckled.

 

“Ya! Not in a million years I will fall in love with that witch! She’s heartless, you know!,” Yuri snapped at him. Kris laughed while shook his head in amusement.

 

“She’s your boss, hyung. What else can you do? You have to follow her order, though,” Kris stated his opinion.

 

“I know that. We have been trained to follow the boss’s order. But, not like this one. She’s practically dragging me and her manager to get involved into her personal matters. Not a real work, though,” Yuri replied as he voiced out his dissatisfaction over Yoona.

 

Kris Wu was Yuri’s close friend who has been sent by his agent to undergo his training in Seoul to become a bodyguard. Since they went to the same training centre, they eventually become close and after he completed his training, he went back to Beijing and working as a bodyguard to a well-known VVIP in Beijing. They were still contacting each other as Yuri’s father sometimes went to China for his business trip, and when his father was in Beijing, Yuri often asked Kris’s help to assist his father during his stay there.

 

“I read in news articles last time that paparazzi caught Xiao’s photo at the club with some girls. I don’t know whether the girls were his acquaintances or not, but according to the news, the girls worked at the club as GRO (Guest Relation Officer),” Kris informed. Yuri’s eyes widened in surprise.

 

“Chincha? Wow, this guy. He knew how to party well here behind his heartless girlfriend’s back, huh?,” Yuri said as he laughed. Kris joined the laugh, but then he suddenly stopped.

 

“Ya, hyung. I can understand your boss’s feeling. Who wouldn’t mad if she knew that her boyfriend is cheating on her, right? That’s why she hired a PI because she knew from the earlier that her boyfriend tend to do such things. That’s why I don’t prefer a long distance relationship,” Kris stated. Kris’s words really hit on him.

 

“Yeah, you’re right, Kris. A long distance relationship is a big no-no to me too,” he replied as he smiled faintly.

 

Not long after, they have already arrived at the hotel’s building where he will stay with Sunny and Yoona, of course in a different room, though!

 

“Thanks, buddy. I will give you a call if I’m free from work here. Send my regards to your parents, okay?,” Yuri said. Kris stayed with his parents.

 

“Sure do, hyung. Alright, I will see you later. Good luck with the investigation work!,” he replied as he chuckled.

 

“Aishh..,” Yuri grunted as he playfully showed his fist to his friend. They bid each others goodbye before Yuri walked towards the registration counter.

 

“Mr. Kwon Yuri. Your room’s number is 512 at level 20,” the staff informed while handing over the room’s card to Yuri.

 

“Ermm.. can you please help me? I want to know Im Yoona and Lee Sunny’s room number. I came together with them,” Yuri asked.

 

“Why do you want to know my room’s number?,” a familiar voice being heard from his back. He quickly turned at his back and was surprised to see his ‘heartless’ boss was standing behind him while putting her hands on her waist, shooting daggers at the flustered guy.


Kkamcchagiya! (panic)”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
Annyeong guys! Sorry for making you waiting. Hope you will enjoy reading the update. Please drop your comment and subscribe if you like.
 
Till then! (^_^)/