Chapter 8

Make Me Love You
 
 
 
 
 
 

:: Love ::

 
 

“Baby, daddy’s here,” Yuri whispered into his daughter’s ear. He was sitting next to the bed, caressing his daughter’s hair. Hani slowly opened her eyes, and staring at her father’s face.

 

“D-daddy,” she called her daddy with a weak voice.

 

“Yes, baby?,” Yuri said softly.

 

“Hani is sorry for falling sick,” she weakly said. Yuri shook his head and smiled warmly to his daughter.

 

“Don’t be sorry, sweetheart. You are sick because God wants you to rest. You have been playing a lot these days, baby,” he replied.

 

“Chincha?,” she asked. Yuri nodded smilingly and leaned closer to kiss her cheek.

 

“Chincha. Uncle Hyo said you need to have a lot of rest, eat healthy food, drink lots of plain water. Uncle Hyo said you don’t have to go to school for two weeks until you have got better,” he replied.

 

“Chincha?,” she asked.

 

“Yes, baby. You can have a lot of rest, and daddy will be here, taking care of you,” he said.

 

“Thank you, daddy,” she thanked her daddy and smiled weakly.

 

“You’re welcome, my naughty princess,” he said and pinched her nose softly.

 

“Daddy,” she said.

 

“Yes, baby?,” he replied.

 

“Hani missed mommy,” she sadly said. Yuri froze the moment he heard the word ‘mommy’. He took a deep breath, and let out a warm smile.

 

“Mommy is busy at the moment, sweetie. Let’s wait for her to call us, okay?,” he replied. The little girl nodded weakly.

 

“Daddy,” Hani called her.

 

“Yes, sweetheart?,” he replied.

 

“Can Hani adopt a puppy?,” she asked. Yuri raised his brows at his daughter’s request.

 

“A puppy? Why?,” he replied.

 

“Hani followed a friend visiting a pet shop last time, and a cute puppy caught Hani’s attention. She’s so cute, daddy. So fluffy. Can Hani adopt her?,” she asked with her eyes full of hope. Yuri smiled as he decided to just granted on his little girl’s wish.

 

“Arasso. Hani can adopt a puppy. Does the puppy has her name?,” he replied. Hani slowly nodded.

 

“DooE,” she said.

 

“DooE?,” her father asked. The little girl nodded weakly. “Arasso. DooE is a cute name. We will bring DooE back after you getting better, okay?,” Yuri suggested.

 

“Dae, daddy,” she replied. Yuri caressed her hair and pecked on her forehead.

 

“Go to sleep back, baby. Daddy will stay here with you,” he said. Hani nodded as she slowly closed her eyes and fell back to sleep, probably because of the effect of the medication.

 

 


 

 

“KNOCK! KNOCK!”

 

Yuri heard the door has been knocked by someone and the room’s door slowly opened. He saw a familiar young woman who was wearing a white coat and a stethoscope hanging on her neck, entering the room.

 

“Yul oppa! It’s been a long time,” the young woman greets him.

 

“Hey, little cuz! Yeah, it’s been a long time,” he replied. He slowly got up from the bed and stood there. The young woman approached him and gave him a hug.

 

“How are you, oppa?,” she asked as she halted the hug.

 

“As you can see here. Worried and tired at the same time,” he replied.

 

“Don’t worry, oppa. Hyo has already explained to you about Hani’s condition, right? It’s just a high fever. She’s a strong girl, oppa,” the woman said. Yuri let out a sigh and shifted his gaze at his little princess who was in her deep slumber.

 

“It’s not only that, Hyun ah. I think she missed my girlfriend, Krystal a lot. You know, she doesn’t have a mother for a long time. When Krystal came here and after Hani knew that she was her imo, she was so excited. In fact, she regarded her like her own mother, and Krystal treated her the same way,” he replied.

 

“Chincha, oppa?,” she asked. Yuri nodded. “Aigoo.. My poor little niece. So, have you contacted Krystal, telling her that Hani was sick?,” Juhyun asked. Yuri just shook his head.

 

“She went back to L.A a month ago, and we did have contacted each other. But, lately I never heard anything from her. I tried to contact her, but all calls went into voicemail,” he said. Seohyun nodded understandingly.

 

“Maybe something has happened that caused her not to get back to you. Just don’t give up, oppa. Try keep on contacting her. Who knows, she will return your call one of these days,” she replied.

 

“Yeah, I will, Hyun. Anyway, how’s your married life? Don’t tell me you two didn’t manage to go for honeymoon yet,” Yuri said teasingly. Seohyun chuckled on his words.

 

“They day we got back from Bali, Hyo got an emergency call. The other surgeons were busy on that day, and they got one serious case which only Hyo could attend. I feel sorry for him, but he’s always being a positive one,” Seohyun replied smilingly, reminiscing the moment.

 

“Aigoo.. Glad to hear that. I know he can be a reliable one and a good husband to you. He’s my good buddy, you know,” Yuri said.

 

“I know, oppa. Even before I knew that he’s your best friend when we were in med school, I fell in love with him for being so considerate to the juniors, especially me,” Seohyun replied giggling.

 

“Yeah, right after he told me the name of the girl that he admired, I was shocked, you know. I told him, what a small world, and the girl he admired was my little cousin,” he said as he chuckled. The two suddenly stopped their chatting when they heard someone was entering the room.

 

“Yul ah. Eh? Seohyun you’re here too? Aigoo.. It’s been a long time, dear!,” the person, Mrs. Kwon said while walking towards them.

 

“Annyeong, imo. Yeah, it’s been a long time, right?,” she replied and leaned forward to hug her aunt. Seohyun was Mrs. Kwon’s younger sister’s daughter.

 

“How are you, dear?,” Mrs. Kwon asked as the two pulled away from the hug.

 

“I’m good, imo. How about you?,” Seohyun replied.

 

“I’m good too, Hyun ah. It’s just that I’m worried about our little one here,” Mrs. Kwon said while shifted her gaze at Hani who was lying on the bed, sleeping peacefully under medication.

 

“Hani will be fine, imo. She’s a strong girl. She will get better soon,” Seohyun replied.

 

“I hope so. I missed her naughtiness and laughter in our house. She’s a cheerful girl, and our sunshine too,” Mrs. Kwon said as she smiled faintly. Seohyun just smiled and patted on her aunt’s shoulder.

 

“Alright, I need to excuse myself first, need to visit another patient. See you later, imo,” Seohyun excused herself and hugged the older woman.

 

“Thank you, Hyun ah. I’ll see you later,” Mrs. Kwon replied and returned the hug. Seohyun halted the hug, and walking towards Yuri.

 

“Don’t worry much, oppa. Hyo and me will monitor Hani’s condition from time to time. Get some rest, arasso?,” she said as she hugged the sad looking father and patted on his back.

 

“Thank you, Hyun ah. Send my regards to Hyo too,” Yuri replied as he broke apart from the hug. Seohyun nodded and smiled. She bid the Kwon goodbye before she left the room.

 

“Did she wake up just now?,” Mrs. Kwon asked as she took a seat next to Yuri.

 

“Yeah. She’s still weak, but excitedly told me that she wanted to adopt a puppy,” Yuri replied as he chuckled. Mrs. Kwon smiled upon hearing his words.

 

“She told me that before she fell sick. I told her to ask you first,” Mrs. Kwon said.

 

“I said to her she can adopt the puppy after she gets better,” Yuri replied while fixing the blanket and caressed his daughter’s hand.

 

“Your dad will visit her this late afternoon after he got back from work. You can go back and get some rest, Yul ah,” his mother said.

 

“It’s okay, mom. I just want to be with Hani until she gets better. I can rest here. You and dad should get some rest,” Yuri replied.

 

“Arasso. I will make some food for you, and I will come back again with your dad,” Mrs. Kwon said.

 

“Thanks, mom,” he thanked his mother. Mrs. Kwon just smiled and shifted her gaze at her grandchild.

 

 


 

 

“How many days he will take his leave?,” Yoona asked while her makeup was getting done by the makeup artist of the broadcasting station. She was in a middle of recording her own cooking program.

 

“I don’t know. He said until his daughter is getting better. Why?,” Sunny replied while reading a magazine at the settee in the makeup room.

 

“I don’t want our agency to pay him for doing nothing. Just fire him,” she sternly said. Sunny widened her eyes in surprise and immediately threw the magazine on the small coffee table.

 

“Are you out of mind? You’re the one who wants the bodyguard according to your standard, and after I worked so hard to persuade him to work with you, now you easily want to throw him just like that?,” Sunny burst in anger.

 

“I’m the boss, so I can make any decision whenever I want to. I don’t want to waste my time hiring a problematic bodyguard like him,” she stubbornly stick to her words.

 

“No. I don’t want to fire him. If you want to, then do it by yourself,” Sunny replied in a firm tone and immediately got up from her seat, heading out of the makeup room.

 

 


 

 

“What’s with the long face, Sunny noona,” the substitute bodyguard, Seunghwan asked. Sunny sighed and folded her arms.

 

“That crazy kid wants to fire Yuri for taking a long leave. I was so pissed with her just now,” she replied while shifted her gaze at the filming set, watching mindlessly the program director and his crew were busy getting ready with the props and everything in the set.

 

“She couldn’t do that. I know Yuri hyung doesn’t mind quitting, but he’s the best when it comes to this job. He was an excellent trainee in our academy. Miss Im couldn’t find a good bodyguard like Yuri hyung elsewhere. I would love to work with Miss Im, but I have already signed my contract with other client,” Seunghwan said.

 

“Yeah, I know that. This is just a temporary work for you. Thank you for helping me, Seunghwan ah. I don’t know what would I do without you,” Sunny replied with a faint smile.

 

“No problem, noona. Hyomin hyung is my good friend too. It’s my pleasure to help both of you,” Seunghwan said. The two then waited for Yoona to finish her program recording.

 

“Do I have any schedule after this?,” Yoona asked once the program recording was over. They were inside the MPV, heading back to their agency.

 

“No. You’re free after this,” Sunny replied nonchalant. Yoona sighed as she knew her manager wasn’t in a good mood after their little quarrel about Yuri just now. She too doesn’t want to fire Yuri, but she doesn’t want Sunny to hire other substitute bodyguard which has already have his own client.

 

“Look, I’m sorry for what I have said about Yuri earlier. The thing is, I don’t want to trouble you and our agency to find other substitute bodyguard for me. He’s already signed the contract with our agency, and he should being responsible on his duty,” Yoona stated.

 

“Let me ask you one thing. If one of your restaurant staff having an emergency case like Yuri, will you stop your staff from settling the problem? Will you ask your staff to continue working rather than to take a leave and settle their emergency matters? Are you going to fire your staff because he or her couldn’t solve the matter in one day?,” Sunny asked. Yoona raised her both hands and sighed in defeat. She knew, arguing with Sunny will not lead to any resolution. She has always have a good point to argue with since they were small.

 

“Arasso, arasso. You are right,” she replied in annoyed tone. Sunny glanced at her with a victory smile.

 

“Me and Hyomin will going to visit his daughter at the hospital tomorrow. Since you don’t have any schedule on tomorrow, do you want to tag along?,” Sunny asked.

 

“Ermm.. Sunny ssi, can I tag along too? It’s been awhile since the last time I met Yuri hyung,” Seunghwan said.

 

“Yuri hyung? You know him?,” Yoona asked as she furrowed her brows.

 

“Dae, Miss Im. We attended the training at the same academy. He’s my senior back then,” Seunghwan replied.

 

“What a small world!,” she mumbled, causing Sunny giggled. Yoona glared at her, but the latter just acting nonchalant.

 

“No. I’m busy working at the restaurant on tomorrow. You guys can go without me,” she casually replied.

 

“Aigoo.. What an attitude! You should care about other’s well being, though, especially those who are working with you,” Sunny said. Yoona rolled her eyes annoyingly.

 

“If you want to go, just go, midget. Don’t mind about me,” Yoona said, but she just meant it for joking.

 

“What the.. You know what? If we were standing at the stairs this moment, I will not hesitantly to push you down, you no-meat skinny girl!,” Sunny said in annoyed tone. Seunghwan and Lee just giggled while looking at the two bickering women through the rear mirror.

 

 


 

 

“Eat some more, baby,” Yuri said while carrying a spoonful of chicken porridge into his daughter’s mouth. Hani shook her head as she refused to continue to eat.

 

“I’m bored eating porridge everyday, daddy. Can you ask halmeoni to bring pizza or cheese burger next time?,” she replied. Yuri raised his brows in surprise.

 

“Aigoo.. This kid! You’re still sick, you naughty girl. Uncle Hyo said you need to eat soft food until you gets better, arasso?,” Yuri said. Hani pouted as her shoulders dropped while staring at the porridge bowl sadly. Yuri smiled and put the bowl aside, and side hugging his daughter.

 

“Baby, it’s not that you can’t eat those foods anymore. You need to get better first, so you have to eat porridge at the moment. Daddy promise after you gets better, daddy will bring you to eat pizza and cheese burger, okay?,” Yuri said as he tried to soothe his daughter.

 

“Chincha? Promise?,” Hani’s eyes lit up after she heard the promises.

 

“Yes, sweetie. Daddy promise,” Yuri replied. Hani holds out her pinky finger to her daddy. Yuri smiled and entwining his pinky finger with hers. They sealed their promises through their own secret gestures like usual.

 

“Now, you need to finish this porridge,” Yuri said as he scooped some and carried the spoon into . Hani opened obediently, and eat the porridge.

 

“That’s my girl,” he said as he pinched gently on her daughter’s nose.

 

“Daddy will sleep with Hani again tonight?,” the little girl asked. Yuri nodded and scooped the last porridge and carried the spoon into Hani’s mouth.

 

“Yes, baby. Daddy will stay and sleep here until Hani gets better,” he replied.

 

“Yeay! Hani can play games with daddy,” she excitedly said. Yuri smiled and ruffled her hair.

 

“Yes you can, baby,” he replied. He then handed a glass of warm milk to his daughter. “Here, drink this, and after this you need to eat your medicine,” he said.

 

“Dae,” she replied and took the glass. She drank the milk little by little until it’s finished.

 

“Good girl,” Yuri said. He took the glass that Hani handed to him and put it on the side table. Yuri then took a medicine tray and a glass of plain water, and started to give the medicine accordingly. Hani will grimace whenever she have to swallow the bitter medicine. Yuri’s heart wrenches watching his little girl have to endure such things. He then put the medicine tray and the glass on the side table, and fixed the pillow on Hani’s back.

 

“Do you want daddy to read a storyfor you?,” he asked. Hani nodded. “Arasso,” he said as he took one of the storybooks which his mother brought from home. Hani asked her halmeoni last time to bring the storybook, and she granted her wish by bringing those books during her visit this afternoon. He then started to read her favorite story until his little girl eventually fell asleep.

 

“Aigoo..,” he smiled while caressing his daughter’s hair, and kissed on top of her head. He put the storybook on the side, and carefully lifted Hani’s head, and put the pillow on the bed before he slowly put her head on the pillow. He pulled the blanket, and switch off the light.

 

“Sleep well, baby,” he said and kissed on his daughter’s forehead before he joined Hani into her dreamland.

 

 


 

 

The next morning

 

“Yes you can, buddy. Visit time starts on 12:30 in the afternoon. Chincha? Ya.. what a pleasant surprise! Yeah, it’s been a long time, though. He’s my favorite dongsaeng during our training at the academy. Yeah, sure buddy. Alright, I will see you this afternoon. Bye!,” Yuri said as he hung up the call. He had a phone conversation with Hyomin just now, and they informed that they wanted to visit Hani today.

 

“Hani ah,” Yuri said as he walked towards the bed. Hani who was watching cartoon channel on the TV immediately turned to look at her father.

 

“Dae?,” she replied. Yuri then sat on the bed next to Hani.

 

“Hyomin samchon and Sunny imo will come here to visit Hani this afternoon,” Yuri said.

 

“Daddy’s friends?,” she asked. Yuri nodded and smiled.

 

“Remember they used to come and visit daddy at our house last time? Hani said Sunny imo was cute,” Yuri replied.

 

“Oh, Hani remember. Sunny imo looks like bunny and cute,” she said as she grinned, remembering the petite woman’s looks.

 

“Yeah, she’s cute like daddy’s girl here,” he said while pinching softly on her cheek.

 

“Aww.. it hurts, daddy,” she whined.

 

“Opss.. mian,” Yuri apologized and pecked on her cheek.

 

“Knock! Knock!”

 

The Kwon immediately turned to look at the source of the voice. They didn’t realize the person had entered the room.

 

“Hey, buddy!,” Yuri greets the person as he got up from the bed.

 

“Sorry to disturb your fun time. I’m here to check this little bunny of yours,” the person, Dr. Kim Hyoyeon said.

 

“Sure, dude. Hani ya, Uncle Hyo wants to check on your condition right now,” Yuri said to his daughter.

 

“Dae,” Hani replied as she got up from the bed. Hyoyeon then walked towards the bed.

 

“Hani ya, inhale,” he said as he put the stethoscope on the little girl’s chest. “Exhale,” he instructed, and Hani just followed suit. He did the routine check-up, body temperature, blood pressure, ear, mouth and throat.

 

“Alright, good girl. You can continue watch your cartoon,” he said and smiled.

 

“Thank you, Uncle Hyo,” Hani thanked her and bowed.

 

“You’re welcome, sweetie,” he replied. He then looked at the patient chart, and jotted something on it.

 

“How’s she?,” Yuri asked while peeking on the chart.

 

“She’s in a good condition. She’s still got a fever, but just a mild one. Keep on making her drink lots of plain water. She can eat solid food, but not junk food, or other unhealthy food, you know what I mean, right?,” Hyoyeon said.

 

“Yeah, got it,” Yuri replied and nodded.

 

“I will ask my staff to do the blood test on her, probably on tomorrow. Last time the infection has gone, but to make sure she’s clearly free from any infections, I need to do the blood test again. If there’s no infection, she can go home after this,” Hyoyeon explained. Yuri nodded understandingly.

 

“Thanks a lot, Hyo,” Yuri thanked him.

 

“No problem, buddy. Let’s have a drink together after Hani got better,” he replied.

 

“Sure, buddy,” Yuri said.

 

“Alright. I need to visit another patient. I will see you later. Hani ya, listen to your daddy, arasso?,” Hyoyeon said.

 

“Dae, Uncle Hyo,” the little girl replied. Hyoyeon smiled and bid them goodbye before he left the room.

 

“Yeay! Hani can go home soon,” Yuri excitedly said.

 

“Chincha daddy? Hani can go home soon?,” she asked.

 

“Yes, baby. You can discharge soon. But, tomorrow Uncle Hyo need to do the final blood test. Can you handle that?,” Yuri replied.

 

“Hani can handle it, daddy. Hani not scared with the needle anymore,” she confidently said, causing her father giggled as he found it cute. He then sat next to his daughter and hugged her.

 

“Daddy know, Hani is the brave girl. Daddy’s girl must be brave, not scared with anything, right?,” Yuri replied.

 

“Right, daddy,” she said. Yuri smiled as he ruffled his little girl’s hair, and both of them enjoyed their time watching the cartoon.

 

 


 

 

“KNOCK! KNOCK!

 

“Annyeong!,” the voice greeted while the person opened the door, and entered the room.

 

“Annyeong. Is this Hyomin samchon?,” Hani asked. The girl was eating her porridge by her own.

 

“Yes, Hani. You don’t remember samchon?,” Hyomin asked.

 

“Hani can’t remember. Sorry,” she said casually, causing Sunny and Seunghwan at the back giggled.

 

“It’s okay, sweetie. Samchon met Hani first when you’re four years old, of course you couldn’t remember, right?,” he said. Hyomin’s eyes wandered around the room, looking for Yuri. “Where’s your daddy, sweetie?,” he asked.

 

“Daddy went to the cafe downstairs to buy a coffee. He said he will be back soon. He asked Hyomin samchon, Sunny imo, and Seunghwan samchon to have a seat first,” the little girl replied.

 

“Aigoo.. What a clever girl. Here, imo bought this for you,” Sunny said as she walked towards the bed and brought a cute black puppy soft toys for Hani.

 

“Wah, it looks like DooE!,” she exclaimed excitedly and clapped her hands like a seal. She then took the soft toys from Sunny.

 

“Who’s DooE, sweetie? Your puppy?,” Sunny asked.

 

“Not yet my puppy. Daddy said Hani can adopt DooE after Hani gets better,” the little girl replied.

 

“You’re so cute, Hani ah,” Sunny said as she caressed the little girl’s hair. Hani grinned and continued admiring and caressing the soft toys.

 

“Thank you, imo,” she thanked Sunny.

 

“You’re welcome, sweetie. Just continue eating your lunch, okay?,” she replied. Hani nodded and continued eating the porridge.

 

 


 

 

“One iced Americano, please,” he ordered.

 

“Make it two,” a woman’s voice being heard from behind him. Yuri immediately turned at his back to look who the person was, and was surprised to find a familiar figure were queuing behind him.

 

“M-Miss Im?”

 
 
 
 
 

Annyeong! A new chapter has been updated. Please drop your comment, and subscribe if you like the story.

Thank you.