Chapter 1

Make Me Love You
 
 
 

“DANG!”

 

“Again? Urghh! This is the the nineteenth bodyguard she had fired for the past two years. How am I going to explain to our CEO?,” Lee Sunny, the manager, slammed the desk while exclaimed in anger and frustration.

 

“I-I don’t know, Miss Lee. She said Steve doesn’t know how to swim, so, she asked me, what if she fell into the swimming pool or sea, and Steve couldn’t save her? She will drown and die,” explained her assistant. Lee Sunny slammed her back on the seat and started massaging her temple.

 

“Go get Hyomin. Now!,” she shooed her assistant.

 

“D-dae,” he nervously bowed and dashed out of the room as fast as a flash of light.

 

“KNOCK! KNOCK!”

 

“Come in!,” she shouted.

 

“Hey, babe!,” Hyomin, the PR manager entered inside the room. As like he knew his girlfriend wasn’t in a good mood because of certain ‘someone’, he quietly took a seat in front of her desk.

 

“Honey, what’s the name of your friend again? The one you mentioned to me last time.

 

“You mean, Yuri? Kwon Yuri?,” he replied.

 

“Hah, yes! Kwon Yuri. Can you do me a favor?,” she asked.

 

“Ermm.. I’m not sure, babe. He did give me his resume last time, but I’m not sure if he wants to,” he hesitantly replied.

 

“Pretty please? I’m in desperate situation right now. Otherwise, my uncle will fire me for not doing my job well,” Sunny pleaded. Hyomin leaned his back, and took a deep breath before he started to speak.

 

“Alright, if you say so. But, I can’t guarantee you, babe. You know, it’s really hard to persuade him. I will try my best,” Hyomin said.

 

“Thanks, honey. I know you will not disappoint me,” Sunny thanked him smilingly.

 

“Anything for you, babe. So,” he glanced at his wristwatch. “Lunch?,” he asked.

 

“Let’s go. I need some air to breath, and some time to chill,” she replied while grabbing her handbag and got up from her seat.

 

“Kaja!,” he said, extended his hand at her. Sunny then entwined their hands together, heading out of the room.

 

 


 

 

Meanwhile, at the famous Italian restaurant, in the middle of Seoul city

 

“Jonghyun!,” a voice shouted. The assistant chef quickly walking towards the familiar person who shouts his name just now.

 

“Yes, chef!,” he nervously replied.

 

“How many times I told you not to mix these local clams with the imported one? Are you deaf?,” the person said in anger tone.

 

“I-I didn’t, Miss Im. I-I don’t know who has been mixing these clams,” he nervously replied.

 

“I don’t want to hear any excuses. Separate it right now!,” she shouted angrily, causing Jonghyun startled and quickly doing the work without delaying even a moment. The kitchen staffs were looking at each other and focusing back on their work quietly. They knew when their boss wasn’t in a good mood, any single mistake they did will put them into a danger situation.

 

“Listen! In ten minutes, I want all the ingredients be readied. Otherwise, I will cut your pay ten percent this month, you got that?,” she ordered.

 

“Yes, chef!,” all staffs including Jonghyun replied.

 

“Jonghyun!,” she called her assistant.

 

“Yes, chef!,” Jonghyun immediately replied.

 

“Call Mr. Han right now,” she ordered.

 

“Right away, chef!,” he replied and dashed out of the kitchen. Not long after, Mr. Han entered the kitchen calmly. He’s the manager of the restaurant, and also a good friend of the chef’s father.

 

“Yes, Miss Im?,” he calmly asked.

 

“Mr. Han, can you please call the florist and ask them to change the flowers on our tables? I want the freshest one,” she said.

 

“Sure, Miss Im. Anything else?,” he asked.

 

“Make sure they trim the plants in front of the restaurant too,” she replied.

 

“Arasso,” he said.

 

“You can go now, Mr. Han,” she ordered.

 

“Dae, Miss Im,” he replied, and before he turned his heels, he walked towards her and whispered.

 

“Yoong, don’t stress yourself. Be calm and smile always, like what your appa have taught you,” he whispered as he smiled warmly, and patted on her shoulder before he left the kitchen.

 

“D-dae,” she replied while smiling awkwardly.

 

 


 

 

SUBWAY Restaurant at Gangnam

 

“Why are you interested to hire Yuri?,” Hyomin asked while munching his sandwich.

 

“Because he can swim,” she replied in short.

 

“Mwoh? Is that all?,” he exclaimed.

 

“Yes, hunny bunny. I want a bodyguard who can swim, so that brat will never demand such weird things from me anymore,” she replied.

 

“She’s totally insane,” Hyomin said.

 

“Yeah, right?,” Sunny casually replied and sipping her carbonated drinks.

 

“I don’t understand how can you stay as her manager for so long? There are many idols and celebs under our company’s management. With your reputation, you can choose whoever you want like snapping your fingers just like that,” Hyomin said.

 

“You know that she’s my buddies since in high school, right? I knew her well, and she’s not like that all the time. It’s just that, ever since her father passed away, she suddenly has changed,” Sunny explained.

 

“Then, what if Yuri stubbornly want to stay with his stance, and doesn’t want to accept the offer? What are you going to do?,” he asked.

 

“Well, I don’t know. He’s your friend. I’m sure you knew him well too, right honey?,” Sunny replied, batting her eyes while showing her infamous aegyo smile.

 

“Urghh! You know I really hate it when you did like that!,” he grunted, causing the latter laughed.

 

“Arasso. Let’s finish the food and then we can go back to the office and discuss further about the contract to offer to him,” Sunny said.

 

 


 

 

Meanwhile, at the Kwon’s Ranch, Goyang

 

“Oppa!”, the girl shouted and waving her hand, wanting the person which she called ‘oppa’ to come to her.

 

“Wae?,” the person asked, walking slowly towards the girl while his eyes glancing at each stables, inspecting the horses behavior.

 

“Look here! Flora is behaving weirdly since yesterday,” the girl, Oh Hayoung said to the person. The person, Kwon Yuri quickly opened the stable’s gate, and checked on the female horse which was lying on the ground as she looked rather helpless.

 

“Hayoung ah, call Dr. Kim. I think she’s pregnant, but I’m not sure. Call him right now,” Yuri ordered.

 

“Dae, oppa,” Hayoung quickly fished out her phone from her pants pocket, and left the stable to call the doctor.

 

Fifteen minutes later, Dr. Kim came with his black Range Rover, entering the ranch. He quickly took out his bag and ran towards the horse stable.

 

“What’s up, Yul?,” he asked Yuri who was squatting down next to Flora.

 

“Flora was like this since yesterday. I suspect that she’s pregnant, but I’m not sure, Taeng,” he informed while caressing the horse.

 

“Alright, let me check on her,” the veterinar, Dr. Kim Taeyeon immediately squatted down and took out the examine tools from his bag. He put his hand on Flora’s stomach, and with using the stethoscope, he carefully examine the horse. After he had done so, he smiled and patted on Yuri’s shoulder.

 

“Congratulations, buddy! You will receive a new family soon,” he said as he grinned.

 

“Chincha? Omo! You hear that, Flora? You will become a mother soon!,” he said excitedly to the horse. Flora responded weakly, and Taeyeon then took out a bottle of vaccine, a syringe and antiseptic. He wipe the antiseptic to the horse’s thigh, and carefully injected the vaccine to the horse.

 

“Alright, done. I will come again every three months to check on her. Make sure to give her the usual supplement, arasso?,” he said as he instructed. He then packing up the equipment and put them back inside the bag. Yuri gestured Hayoung to watch over Flora, while he sent the vet to his car.

 

“Dae. Thanks, Taeng. Send my regards to your wife. Tell her that my mother wants to engage her in renovating our living room” Yuri replied.

 

“Sure do, bro. She will be more than glad. Call me if Flora shows any weird symptoms. I’ll see you later,” Taeyeon said as he entered inside his car and bid goodbye to Yuri. He waved his hand at the latter, and watched the car slowly disappeared from his sight.

 

“Hayoung ah,” Yuri called his assistant. Hayoung quickly walked towards him.

 

“Dae, oppa,” she replied while wiping the sweats on her forehead with a towel.

 

“Can you please watch over Flora starting from now on? I will ask Jinyoung to take care of the other horses,” Yuri said. Hayoung’s eyes lit up the moment she received the special request from Yuri.

 

Flora is Yuri’s favorite horse as it was a birthday gift which he received from his father. He took care of her ever since she was small. He named her Flora because he found out that she likes to sniffing flowers instead of eating it. That’s how he got an idea to name the horse as Flora.

 

Yuri suddenly felt a vibration in his pants pocket, and he immediately fished out the phone. He looked at the caller ID, and it’s no other than his childhood friend, Park Hyomin.

 

“Hyo! What’s up?,” he greets him.

 

“Yul, can I see you on tomorrow? I have something urgent to discuss with you,” Hyomin said.

 

“Something urgent? What is it?,” he furrowed his brows.

 

“I can’t tell you through the phone. Let’s meet up. Can you please come to Seoul?,” he asked.

 

“Ermm.. yeah, sure. On what time do you want me to be there?,” he replied.

 

“Just depend on your convenience. I will have the whole day for you,” he said.

 

“You don’t work on tomorrow?,” he asked.

 

“I will be working, dude. I’ve already asked permission from the boss to work outside on tomorrow,” he replied.

 

“I see. Alright, I will see you on tomorrow’s afternoon during lunch time. Let’s have a lunch at usual place,” he suggested.

 

“Sure, dude. Give me a call once you arrive,” he said.

 

“Arasso,” he replied before he hung up.

 

“I wonder what is that so urgent that he wants me to come to Seoul,” he thought.

 

 


 

 

Back to the Italiano Restaurante, Seoul

 

The staffs were busy serving foods and drinks for the customers as the restaurant is always full during lunch time. It’s because the Executive Chef of the restaurant, Im Yoona has become the famous celebrity chef ever since she took over her late father’s business. She’s not only gorgeous, but also has brains since she was graduated from Italian Chef Academy as a Master Degree holder in Culinary Arts.

 

She already had a boyfriend, Sun Xiao Xiao whom she met when she was invited as a guest in a cooking show on a TV station in China. Sun Xiao Xiao is a famous actor in China, and he has also been invited as a guest on the show. Since then, they have exchanged phone numbers and kept in contact until they eventually fell in love with each other. They are currently undergoing a long-distance relationships as Xiao lives in China. They will meet whenever they have a free time.

 

Lately, Xiao seldom contacted her as he was busy shooting for his new film and drama. Therefore, it has slightly affected Yoona because she couldn't express her feelings whenever she feels depressed with her life in Seoul.

 

“I miss you, Xiao,” she mumbles while staring at their photo frame which they took during their vacation in Seoul. Xiao came to Seoul just to meet his beloved girlfriend, and they spent their time together touring the Seoul city and other places in Korea for two weeks. Xiao likes to eat Korean food, but too bad, his girlfriend only knew how to cook Italian food.

 

“RING! RING!”

 

She was startled by the phone's ringing. She took her phone, and looked at the caller’s ID. She sighed and answered the call lazily.

 

“Yeah,” she said.

 

“Im Yoona! I have already got a new bodyguard for you,” the caller said enthusiastically.

 

“That’s fast. Does he know how to swim?,” she asked.

 

“Of course, though! He used to be an athlete in swimming and equestrian sports. He also got a scuba diving license,” the caller, no other than her manager, Lee Sunny said.

 

“Do you have his resume?,” she asked.

 

“Yes I have. You want me to send it to you?,” she replied.

 

“Send it to me now,” she said.

 

“Alright. I will send it right now. Check on your email later,” Sunny replied as she hung up.

 

Yoona quickly opened her laptop, and click on her Google email account. She then click on the email which Sunny has sent to her just now, and click on the attachment. The attachment opened, and she has been greeted by the photo of a handsome man, but wearing a serious look.

 

“Not bad,” she mumbles. She then continued to reading his resume.

 

“Name: Kwon Yuri. Age: Twenty eight years old. Place of birth: Goyang. Education: Bachelors of Science Sports (majoring in Equestrian), Chung Ang University. Hmm..,” she continued to scroll down the resume.

 

“Military experience: First Lieutenant in Republic of Korea Army. Working experience: Ranch Manager at The Kwon’s Ranch, Goyang,” she then stopped. “The Kwon’s Ranch? Is he the owner of the famous horse breeding ranch in Goyang?,” she mumbles in curious. She then quickly click to minimize the resume, and opened the Google search to find an info about The Kwon’s Ranch.

 

 


 

 

The next day, at Coffee Prince Cafe, Seoul

 

“Hello! Hyo! I’m already here. Where are you?,” Yuri spoke through the phone call he made to Hyomin.

 

“Over here, Yul!,” Hyomin shouted while waving his hand at Yuri. Yuri hung up the call, and immediately walking towards the table where his friend was sitting.

 

“Hey, Yul!,” Hyomin got up, and gave a brief hug to his friend.

 

“How are you, dude?,” Yuri asked as he returned the hug and then both of them took their respective seats. Hyomin called the waiter, and they made their order for food and drinks.

 

“I’m good, dude. How’s your ranch? Is everything okay?,” Hyomin replied after the waiter left their table.

 

“Everything is okay, dude. Flora is currently pregnant,” Yuri said.

 

“Chincha? Wow! Congrats, Yul! Flora will have her heirs soon,” he replied.

 

“Yeah. Anyways, what is the important things that you want to discuss with me?,” he asked.

 

“I really need your help, Yul. Otherwise, my boss will fire me,” Hyomin seriously said.

 

“Mwoh? What is it so important that you need my help, and if I don’t help you, you’ll got fired?,” Yuri asked rather curious.

 

“Can you accept the bodyguard job?,” he asked. Yuri furrowed his brows.

 

“I already have a job at my ranch, why would I need another job as a bodyguard?,” he replied.

 

“Because our important client needs a bodyguard who can swim. You know, it’s hard to find any candidates who have special skills, and suddenly you have come across my mind. That’s why I asked you to send me your resume last time,” he explained.

 

“Hyo, I don’t think I can accept this job. I’m fine in managing my ranch, and that is more than enough. I don’t want to add any problems and headache later,” he said seriously.

 

“Yul, please! I’m begging you as my close friend. Can you please help me? If not, I will lose my job, Yul. Please,” Hyomin begged. Yuri was lost in his thought. He was contemplated whether he wants to help his friend or just to ignore his request. But, he didn’t have a heart to disappoint his childhood friend. He took a deep breath, and sighed loudly.

 

“Arasso, but, with one condition. Only one client. I don’t want to take this as my permanent job. I need to take care of my ranch too,” he said as he finally relented. Hyomin’s eyes lit up, and he immediately got up from his chair, and hugged his dear friend.

 

“Thank you Yul, thank you so much!,” he happily thanked his friend and kissed on top of Yuri’s head.

 

“Y-yah! Just get off me now! People might think that we’re like.. ‘that’..,” he said as he grimaced. Hyomin burst out laughing on his words. Not long after, the waiter came and served them with food and drinks they have ordered earlier.

 

“Let’s eat. It’s on me today!,” he happily announced. Yuri just rolled his eyes and begin to sip his drinks.

 

“Anyways, can I know who’s the client that made special request on his bodyguard?,” he curiously asked.

 

“Alright. Since you’re already here, I will bring you to meet Sunny. She will brief you about the client and also to sign the contract,” he replied while munching his food.

 

“Arasso,” he said.

 

 


 

 

At Italiano Restaurante’s office

 

“The Kwon’s Ranch owned by Mr. Kwon Yuri, the youngest son of Mr. Kwon Hyuk Bin, who is also the President of The Kwon Conglomerates. The ranch is famous for breeding the world's best horse breed, the Arabian. Mr. Kwon Yuri also was known as the former athlete in equestrian and swimming sports,” she read the ‘about’ section of The Kwon’s Ranch official website.

 

“So, he’s a rich man, huh? But, why he’s willing to become a bodyguard?,” she mumbles. She then typed the Kwon Yuri name on the Google search, and the first result of the search was,

 

“Kwon Yuri filing a divorce over Jessica Jung”

 

“He’s a widower?,” she exclaimed in shocked. She then read the next result of the search.

 

“Jessica Jung, the heirs of The Jung’s Corporation will marry her.. bodyguard?,” she exclaimed loudly.

 
 
 

 
Annyeong my readers! I'm baaaacckkk! (^_^)/
hope you will enjoy reading my new YoonYul fanfic.
Please drop your comment, and subscribe if you like. <3