Chapter 5 - Goodbye

I'm Sorry, but I Truly Love You

It's almost a week ever since Junho's accident, but he still remains on bed, sleeping soundly and peacefully.

Hyoyeon looks at him. She was thinking a lot of things that she sometimes looses her appetite. She had lost weight which made her friends worried. Hyoyeon doesn't want to get stucked by this and move on, but how could she? She fell for him, her love was real. Although she was hurt too much, she can't help but continue reading Junho's diary. She skipped some pages when a page caught her attention. She quickly paced through that page and started reading it.

Junho's Diary

January 12

After a week, I've finally made my final decision and I'm telling Hyoyeon already the truth. I don't know what would her reaction be, but I'm sure that she'll get shocked and feel hurt after telling everything. Whenever I see her, hear her name, her voice, I totally get nervous and shaky when I talk to her. But there are chances that I blew where I could totally explain her everything. She was cheerful and lively, how could I ruin that?

Since I couldn't tell her verbally....

I guess, this is the only way.

Hyoyeon-ah, I'm writing this for you. You must be really hurt but I hope your reading this page and won't stop reading this. I know your a strong girl and I want you to be like that.

Hyoyeon-ah, I'm sorry....

I'm sorry for all the pain I've caused you. I'm sorry for all the mistakes I did. I'm sorry if there are times that I piss you off especially when there are times that we have to meet but I just left you and forgot about it. You're a really kind person, you're sweet, cheerful, lively, funny and I know that you have the best personality ever. I know that I don't deserve you after all the things I've done to you. I'm really sorry for cheating on you, but...I hope that you will forgive me after this. So please, I beg you to forget everything and I'll forget everything too. I'll forget all the mistakes and all the bad memories I made. But please, give me another chance. Give me a second chance. I hope that you will still accept me. I know I've made a deep pain in your heart, but I also want to heal your heart. Although I cheated on you for these past months, but it made me realize everything. It made me realize how I love you so much, how important you are to me. I realized that my feelings for you is deep and true. My feelings for you can't be replaced. How I wish to do an x-ray of my heart for you to read all my feelings for you. Please forgive me Hyoyeon, I really love you. Please accept me again in your heart.

-

Hyoyeon felt her heart shatter. She don't know what to say to Junho. She was happy to hear that he still loves her, but at the same time she's afraid of getting hurt again. But Hyoyeon felt something is bulging at the last part of the diary. There was an envelope glued at the last page and she opened it. It was a silver heart locket. She opened it, and there she saw a picture of both of them taken when their feelings for each other are still pure. Hyoyeon can't help it, but it seems like her heart finally gave up and broke into pieces. She started to cry endlessly. But suddenly she felt Junho's fingers moved. She stopped crying and looked at him if he'll wake up already....but nothing happened. He was still unconscious.

Hyoyeon went out for a while. It was too stuffy for her. It's like she can't breathe and almost dying. She walked at their favorite park where Junho confessed to her. She was holding the locket. Her eyes were blurry, she can't help but still cry. She didn't care if others looked at her as if she was a crazy girl. Once she stopped, she thought a lot of things. Maybe it was what Nickhun is talking about, she have to make a decision, a right choice that wouldn't hurt her anymore. She spent almost an hour thinking. She sighed heavily and finally made her decision.

She went back to Junho's hospital room. She looked at him. She held his hands as silence fiiled the room. Then she finally spoke...

"I love you too Junho..." Hyoyeon said as she started tearing up again

"But...I can't...anymore..." Hyoyeon burst into tears as she said those words.

She wiped her tears and picked up her phone. She called Nickhun and after a few rings, he finally answered.

"Hello?"

"Nickhun-ssi, thanks for everything." Hyoyeon said in a weak tone, almost bursting into tears again.

"I guess, you've read it already."

"Yes. I did."

"Knowing that you called me, I think I already know your answer."

"I hope I made the right choice."

"As long as you'll live happily after this."

"I will. But...."

"Yeah?"

"I hope you'll help me out once he wakes up. Take care of him, ok?"

"Don't worry. I will."

"And, I guess you'll have to stay with him tonight. I've made decisions already."

"What do you mean?"

"I'll be leaving Seoul this week. I can't feel any air in here." Hyoyeon said and laughed a little.

Nickhun understood Hyoyeon.

"Okay. Be safe Hyoyeon-ssi. "

"Thanks Nickhun. I'll be going now. Annyeong."

"Neh, annyeong!"

-

While Hyoyeon is waiting for Nickhun to come, she was writing a letter for Junho and there, she inserted inside the locket he gave. She held Junho's hands and only hoped for his quic recover. She looked at him and althought it hurts for her, she memorized his face since she also had spent good memories with him. She thought that this could be the last time seeing him.

An hour later, Nickhun knocked to the door. Hyoyeon wiped her tears. She knew it was Nickhun.

"I guess this will be the last time" Hyoyeon said to Nickhun, then she looked at Junho.

"Just take care of yourself and also Junho. okay?"

"Neh. You too Hyoyeon-ah....but, where are you going?"

"Incheon. I think I'm going back with my parents. But don't think that it's just because of Junho...I have other reasons too."

"What is it?"

"For my dreams?"

"Okay. I understand. Good luck Hyoyeon!"

"Ahhh, also give this to Junho when he wakes up." Hyoyeon handed Nickhun the letter she made.

"You can trust me with that" Nickhun said while he flashed a smile to Hyoyeon.

"I'll be going now......annyeong Nickhun. And....Goodbye Junho"

Nickhun walked with Hyoyeon and brought her to the bus station. They waved their goodbyes for each other.

Nothing ran in Hyoyeon's mind. She was totally deep in thoughts. She felt pain in her heart as she waved goodbye to Nickhun and sent her last message to Junho. Although she doesn't meet Junho anymore, she still sees him inside her mind and everytime his face flashes to Hyoyeon, it's like a knife stabbing her heart.

 

~

:)