Chapter 12 - From the Starting Line

I'm Sorry, but I Truly Love You

"YAH! What the...why the hell didn't you all wake me up and just thought of yourselves??!!" Hyoyeon said angrily as she goes out from her room still in her pajamas, with her favorite glasses and her messy hair.

"Sorry Hyoyeonie, but it was your fault." Sooyoung said while trying to hold her laughter as she sees Hyoyeon in panic.

"Yeah. We tried to wake you up a lot of times but you didn't even move. We checked on you a lot of times already but you were still in the same position...you were like this.." Yuri said as she imitates how Hyoyeon slept. Then Sooyoung and Yuri both laughed.

"Yah, it's not funny. Now I have to hurry up too." Hyoyeon said as she frowned at the two.

"But...chinja, it's really funny how you told us a hundred of times to sleep early because we'll be late. But we even woke up first than you! What were you doing last night? Do you have insomnia? Or were you thinking of something last night?" Sooyoung asks Hyoyeon.

Mwoyah...I can't sleep last night because I was thinking of how to face Junho again today. I guess I thought a lot last night that I didn't recognize how late it was already. Hyoyeon thought while looking down as she processed the questions of Sooyoung.

"I-it's not like that...I was too excited for my first day." Hyoyeon said and rolled her eyes to Sooyoung.

"Unnie, hurry up already or you'll be late on your first day." Seohyun says as she helps Hyoyeon to prepare her things.

"Yah why is the maknae here? Don't you have school today?" Hyoyeon said while pointing at Seohyun.

"I think I'll skip my morning classes first. Yoona unnie is not feeling well." Seohyun says while giving her sweet smile to Hyoyeon.

"Our maknae's skipping class?" Hyoyeon said sarcastically as she tries to hold her laughter too.

"That's new." Yuri said as she joins Hyoyeon making fun of the maknae.

"I'm just caring for Yoona unnie." Seohyun pouts.

"Yah, don't make fun of our maknae!" Sooyoung said like a drunk person, but still defending Seohyun although she wants to laugh too since it was rare for the maknae to skip morning classes.

"Aigoo...you're all gonna be late already." Seohyun says trying to push a little Hyoyeon to the bathroom.

"Right! Yah Hyoyeon quickly!" Yuri said as she shoves Hyoyeon to the bathroom too.

-

"Yah Junho faster! I'll lock the door already!" Nickhun shouts outside their dorm.

"Just a second!" Junho shouts back as he checks himself in the mirror one last time.

Junho runs quickly to door as he finishes checking himself in the mirror. Both of them went down together to the building and reached for the bus stop. Good thing that once they get to the bus stop, a bus finally stops in front of them. As usual, Junho sits in the back seat then Nickhun joins him.

"Yah, don't come too close to me. We'll look like a couple." Junho said jokingly as he shoves Nickhun away from him.

"Okay fine." Nickhun replies as he sits on the other end. Now, they look funny when they talk to each other with that distance between them. In just 30 minutes, the bus stops in another stop.

-

"Yah the bus is coming already! Sooyoung quick!" Hyoyeon shouts at Sooyoung ignoring the stares that other people are giving to them. Being close friends, Yuri slaps Sooyoung's like a kid.

"Yah ert Yul!" Sooyoung said making a disgust facial expression as a joke.

The three of them gets in together inside the bus and was surprised to see the two guys sitting at the back seat.

"Oh annyeonhaseyo!" Sooyoung bows to the two men.

"Oh annyeonhaseyo Sooyoung-ssi, Yuri-ssi and...Hyoyeon-ssi." Nickhun says to the three as he glanced a bit to Junho who just stared at Hyoyeon, quite surprised to see her there too, while Hyoyeon just avoided his eyes.

The three of them went together to the back to sit with them. Although Hyoyeon wanted to sit at the back too, she sat on the seat before them. But Yuri pulled Hyoyeon up to join them.

"What are you doing?" Hyoyeon whispered to Yuri as she pulls her arm.

"You have to be FRIENDLY on your first day..." Yuri whispered back, them smile at Hyoyeon.

Yuri sat beside Nickhun while Hyoyeon sat beside Yuri but Yuri called out Sooyoung to sit beside her then she shoves Hyoyeon away going to Junho's direction. Hyoyeon looked at her in disbelief. Yah! I'm your friend!

Junho clears his throat before he greets Hyoyeon.

"Annyeong Hyoyeon-ssi!" And gives her an eyesmile.

"Oh annyeong..." Hyoyeon looks at him too with cold response.

Nickhun and Yuri talked a lot that they didn't even notice the atmosphere at the other side of the seat. Both of them were so absorbed with each other. Although Sooyoung wanted to join their conversation, she can't because the two just kept on talking to each other.

"Yah Hyoyeonie, let's talk. Seems like Yuri's busy right now." Sooyoung whispered to Hyoyeon but even Junho could hear what she was saying.

"Right. Let's talk Sooyoungie MY FRIEND!" Hyoyeon emphasized loudly the word My Friend but Yuri just ignored her. Junho could just smile at Hyoyeon. Tch! Didn't even changed a bit. Junho thought.

"So...Hyoyeon-ah what are your expectations as an employee of the top entertainment in Korea?" Sooyoung said as if she was interviewing Hyoyeon.

"What the...you sound like you're interviewing me for an application." Hyoyeon said and looked at Sooyoung weirdly. But Sooyoung just laughed and repeated her question with an announcer-like tone of voice.

"Hmmm...let's see...." Hyoyeon thought hard while putting her fist under he chin.

"Failed!" Sooyoung said as if it was a quiz.

"What the...is this a test?! huh?" Hyoyeon said almost trying to hit Sooyoung.

"Let's continue with the next peron...Lee Junho-ssi, what are your expectations as an employee of the top entertainment in Korea?" Sooyoung repeated her question with the announcer-like voice while holding a bottle of water pretending it to be a mic.

"Hmmm...I just want my hardwork to pay off this year." Junho said while smiling.

"Ohhh...what else?"

"And..." Junho looks at Hyoyeon who was looking at him too but avoids his eyes quickly when he faced her.

"AND?" Sooyoung impatiently said as she looks at Junho suspiciously looking at Hyoyeon.

"I want to have the reason why I have worked hard." Junho looks at Hyoyeon seriously, but Hyoyeon can't help but to get crazy by the stares of Junho and the words he just said.

"Do you mind to tell us what was that 'reason'?"

"But...it's still a secret" Junho places his index finger on his lips while putting on an eyesmile.

"But...Sooyoung-ssi?"

"Ne?"

"Do you like Chansung?" Junho asked teasingly.

"Mworago?! Junho-ssi, I didn't know you were this kind of person." Sooyoung says as she puts both her hands on her waist. Junho just laughed and Hyoyeon smiles trying to hold her laughter too.

"I'm just kidding." Junho says while laughing.

Time flew by quickly. Hyoyeon just kept quiet all the time while listening to their conversation. She just answers when she asks to. Junho and Sooyoung became friends quickly and even exchanged numbers. Junho tried to ask for Hyoyeon too, but Hyoyeon knew he was going to ask for it so she closed her eyes pretending to be sleeping.

Tsk, pretending to sleep huh? Do you think I'll fall for that? Aigoo...I'll let you pass this time. Junho thought as he looks at Hyoyeon.

Yuri and Nickhun has gotten much closer. Looks like they'll be the first successful couple?? They both laughed and smiled as they shared a lot of stories together which they can relate together too. Even Nickhun had made his move already to ask for Yuri's number which also made Yuri happy.

I guess I'll wait for someone's text tonight ^_^ Yuri thought as she smiles on her own.

-

The five of them entered together the building feeling really happy. They could feel the good vibes coming from their first day of work as they walk towards the elevator.

"Quickly! The elevator's closing already!" Sooyoung says as she points at the closing elevator. The five of them ran together in order to get in the elevator on time.

"WAIT!" Sooyoung shouts at the person inside the elevator. It was a good thing that the person heard her voice and opens the elevator door again.

"Oh! What the...I shouldn't have opened the door if I knew it was you." The person spoke as he saw Sooyoung.

"Yah Chansung-ssi, then close the door if you want! We're getting out!"

"YAH! We don't have much time already." Yuri says as she pushes Sooyoung inside the elevator almost hits Chansung.

"What the..you almost made me hit this unlucky guy!" Sooyoung shouts back at Yuri.

"Yah piggy, if you don't want then get out here already and just let your friends and my friends get there first."

"Shut up!" Sooyoung shouts at Chansung as he closes the door...finally after their argument.

-

The six of them gets out of the elevator and continued walking as they reached the floor.

"So...I don't know where I'm going." Hyoyeon says with a confused look.

"Me too. Hyung, can you lead us?" Junho said and asks Nickhun to lead them.

"Don't worry. I think we're in the same department. We just got transferred there."

"Chinja? Then we'll work together in one room?" Yuri asks with her glowing eyes.

"Yah you're so obvi---" Sooyoung says but Yuri steps on her right foot on purpose trying to make her stop whatever she's gonna say because she knows what she is going to say. =)) "AH!" Sooyoung screams then looks at Yuri angrily.

"Yes we are. So you just have to follow me." Nickhun replies to Yuri's question them smiles at her.

The six of them finally reached the place. The place looks really elegant. It was made in glass, and the place inside is really clean and smells good.

"I wish my room smells like this." Junho says as he inhales the room's sweet fragrance.

"The smell of good vibes!" Hyoyeon says happily beside Junho. Junho smiles at her as he glances to his side.

"Let's go! I'm excited already!" Yuri says as she pulls Sooyoung and Hyoyeon's arms. But Sooyoung's mood kind of...went down.

"Yah! What happened to you? Yuri asks Sooyoung.

"I don't know...I guess after I rode the elevator with SOMEONE...my energy got drained..."

Chansung knew that Sooyoung was talking about him so he didn't miss a chance to answer her back.

"Yah piggy just eat so you can get all your energy back!" Sooyoung just rolled her eyes at him, then continues walking with Yuri and Hyoyeon.

"Chansung-ah..." Junho calls.

"Hm?"

"Do you like her?" Junho asked again teasingly.

"Mworago?! That piggy?! NEVER!" Chansung replies which made Junho burst into laughter again.

"Yah, you came reacting that I was talking about Sooyoung when I didn't even mentioned her."

"Yah Junho-ah don't be like that!" Chansung says as leaves Junho behind who was still holding his laughter.

-

Everyone gathered together as the team leader calls their attention.

"Everyone! Annyeonghaseyo. Welcome to United Entertainment! I'm Kim Taeyeon, your team leader. But, since we work on a lot of fields, we have other two team leaders."

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Jang Wooyoung. It's nice to see everyone again!"

"And...hello everyone! I'm Ok Taecyeon. I'm your team leader number 3!"

Everyone claps their hands as their team leaders ended their short introduction.

"Since I believe that everyone is here already, we've already assigned you all to your working tables." Taecyeon continues.

"And also, there are other employees from last year that got transferred here, so I hope that the rookies treat them as your sunbaes." Taeyeon says with her cute smile.

"So everyone can go to their respected tables already! Everyeone...let's work hard!~" Wooyoung said as he pumps his fist in the air and everyone did as well.

Everyone went together to their tables and fix their stuff. Others also greeted their employees and quickly made a spark with them as they were able to relate with each other.

"Annyeong! Don't be shy and let's make good friends!" Kim Junsu says as he puts a roll of kimbap on Junho's table.

"Ah yes~ Thank you! I'm Junho." Junho says as he offers a handshake to Junsu.

"Chinja? I'm a Jun too. I'm Junsu." Junsu replies as he accepts Junho's handshake.

The two immediately becomes friends as they talk about different things that they can easily relate to.

-

Lunch Time

"Aigoo..Hyoyeon-ah let's go! Let's eat lunch already." Yuri said.

"Ok. Wait a minute.." Hyoyeon says as she gets her wallet inside her bag, but then she just recognized that her cellphone was missing.

"Yah Hyoyeonie quick! I'm getting hungrier when you make it slow. I might die here!" Sooyoung shouts at Hyoyeon who was still looking for her cellphone through her stuff.

"Hyoyeon-ah, wae? Did you lose something?" Yuri asks as she approaches Hyoyeon on her table.

"Yes, I think I lost my phone. What to do? I'm waiting for a message from my mom." Hyoyeon says not looking at Yuri.

"Wae? Then, just use my phone for now." Yuri says as she offers her cellphone to Hyoyeon.

"My mom might come today in Seoul, but I'm not sure so I must confirm it. And...I don't memorize cellphone numbers."

"Mwoyah...then I'll just call our home. Maybe you left it there." Yuri says as she dials their house's number.

-

"Unnie, take care okay? Don't eat food that will make you sick and don't forget to drink your medicine." Seohyun says as she wears her shoes at the door.

"Yes I will. Thanks maknae for taking care of me..and I'm sorry if you couldn't attend your morning classes." Yoona says as she gives a backhug to Seohyun.

"Anni, it's okay unnie. Your health is more important." Seohyun says to assure Yoona that she's fine with it.

"Chinja?"

"Yes unnie."

"Okay. Then, you must get going now. You might get late to your afternoon classes, I don't wanna add more burden to you." Yoona says as she pats her friend's back.

"Okay! Don't forget everything I said unnie!" Seohyun says as she waves goodbye to Yoona before she closes the door.

Yoona looks at the food that was covered in the dining table, but she doesn't feel too well that she felt like vommitting, so she just goes back to her room and takes a nap.

Just after 20 minutes, Yoona heard a phone ringing. Yoona gets up quickly since it might be an important call.

"Yeoboseyo? *coughs*"

"Yoona-yah?"

"Oh Yuri unnie. Ne, it's me."

"I'm sorry if I interrupted your rest, but is Seohyun still there?"

"Anniyo, she's not here anymore."

"Chinja? But...I'm putting Hyoyeon on the line."

"Ne, Yoona?" Hyoyeon asks on the other line.

"Yeah Hyoyeon-unnie, wae?"

"I'm really really sorry Yoona that I might do this to you, but can I ask you a little favor?"

"Ah yes. It's okay unnie."

"Thanks Yoona. But, can you check if my cellphone is there and tell me if I recieved a call from my mom?"

"Yes unnie. Just wait a minute..." Yoona says as she puts down the phone. She goes in Hyoyeon's room and she quickly finds Hyoyeon's phone and went through it to check if her mom called. Then Yoona goes back in the living room and gets the phone

"No unnie. Your mom haven't called you."

"Oh okay Yoona. But...can you call me if my mom called?"

"Okay unnie. I will. I promise!"

"Then, I'm really thankful to you Yoong~ I owe you one! Then sleep already and have some rest. Also don't forget to drink your medicine after you have eaten!"

"Ne unnie."

"Then bye bye~"

"Annyeong!"

As Yoona put down the phone, she just went back to sleep. She has slept for 3 hours that she didn't hear Hyoyeon's phone rang a lot of times. It was Hyoyeon's mom who was calling. Yoona woke up and sees her clock that she has forgotten to take her lunch and her medicine. But then she sees Hyoyeon's phone with a lot of missed calls and text messages from her mom. She read one message and said...

Hyoyeon-ah, where are you now? I'm here already at the place where you said. I'm at that favorite cafe of yours. I've been waiting here for 30 minutes already.

"Oh shoot! I must call Yuri unnie's phone already!" Yoona says as she quickly dials Yuri's phone, but she wasn't answering her call. She dialed it again, but there was still no answer. She tried dialing Sooyoung's phone, but neither she was answering her call.

-

At United Entertainment...

"Everyone! We just received a message from the President." Taeyeon announces to everyone while they were inside the meeting room.

"President Park gave us a project that will be needed to showcased by next month." Wooyoung continues...

"President Park actually asked us for two projects.."

"The first project is to make our own hiphop choreography that's needed to be shown by next month." Wooyoung announces.

"He also asked us to compose our own ballad song that will be showcased by the same day as well." Taeyeon added.

"And...if President Park liked it, our work will be used for the new idol group's performance for a show and the song will be included in their next album as well."

"So...everyone is needed to cooperate for this, NO EXEMPTION!" Wooyoung and Taeyeon declares.

"So, eveyone, let's start planning already by tomorrow." Wooyoung said as they ended their meeting,

"But...Wooyoung-ssi, where's Taecyeon-ssi?" Taeyeon whispers to Wooyoung's ear.

"I don't know...but he said he'll just go to a cafe for a while. But his 'a while' is longer than I thought." Wooyoung says and laughs which made Taeyeon chuckle cutely.

-

While everyone was having their meeting...

"What to do? Forgive me Hyoyeon unnie! I wish your mom is still there." Yoona says while she enters the cafe, looking pale and sweaty for she haven't eaten her lunch yet and her medicine.

Yoona looked around the cafe and she quickly spotted Hyoyeon's mother who was texting on her phone. She guessed, she was calling Hyoyeon's phone. She quickly walks over Hyoyeon's mother and formally greets her with her 90 degrees bow.

"Annyeonghaseyo ommoni! I'm Im Yoona, Hyoyeon unnie's friend." Yoona greets politely to Hyoyeon's mom while giving the best smile she have.

"Oh annyeonghaseyo. You're Hyoyeon's friend? But...where is she? I called her and texted her a lot of times already but she's not even calling me back or texting me back." Hyoyeon's mom asks Yoona while looking worriedly.

"Ahhh...something very important came up and she couldn't come. But...she asked me to fetch you." Yoona lied a bit about fetching Hyoyeon's mom, but she thought that it would be the best.

"Oh i see. Well, thanks for coming all the way here Yoona-ssi?"

"Ah yes. Anniyo, it's nothing. So ommoni, let's go already. I know you've waited for a long time." Yes, I'm really sorry ommoni. T__T

"Oh anniyo, it's a really good thing that you came for me." Hyoyeon's mom said as she smiles back to Yoona.

Hyoyeon's mom grabs her stuff and she stood up, and they walked together reaching for the cafe's exit. But Hyoyeon's mom suddenly became worried for Yoona as she sees Yoona looking pale and sweaty, and her eyes are looking dizzy too.

"Yoona-ssi, are you okay?" Hyoyeon's mom asks her. But befor Yoona could answer her question, her knees and her eyes gave up and she falls into the ground which made Hyoyeon's mom in shock and quickly asks for help.

But then a guy quickly went over them giving them a helping hand with his.

"What happened here ommoni?" The guy asks.

"I guess she's not feeling well...but...she fainted." Hyoyeon's mom replies to the guy with her fingers shaking, she didn't know what to do. But the guy quickly puts Yoona on his back and goes to the exit. He puts Yoona in his car and asks Hyoyeon's mom to go inside as well.

"Ommoni, are you her mother?" The guy asked.

"No. But...she's my daughter's friend....I guess I'll inform my daughter about what happened." Hyoyeon's mom opens her phone and dials Hyoyeon's number, but she wasn't answering since her phone was at home. Hyoyeon's mom then quickly dials Yuri's number so that she could inform Hyoyeon too.

-

"I guess my mom's not coming..." Hyoyeon says to Yuri and Sooyoung as they goes back from their tables.

"Hmmm? Yah, Hyoyeonie..your mom's calling me." Yuri says as she answers her phone.

"Ne annyeonhaseyo ommoni...NE?!"

~

Sorry for the crappy chapter. I had a hard time writing this chapter since I kind of lost my ideas. Please forgive me if this one ! T__T But, do expect another couple here! Sorry also for the short JunHyo, ChanSoo and KhunRi moments. And also...sorry for those who are waiting for WooTae couple. I'm having a hard time thinking on how to introduce them as a couple. But...I'll be glad if anyone can give me an idea on how to. I'll be glad if anyone does! :)