Chapter 15 - Necessity

I'm Sorry, but I Truly Love You

"You should've just brought Sooyoung with you." Hyoyeon said while they were buying a ticket for a movie that Hyoyeon didn't even want to watch in the first place.

"But, she doesn't like this type of movie too." Yuri said while paying for the ticket.

"But...I'm not really interested. Then you should've just brought Yoona or Seohyun."

"Yoona just came back from being sick, do you want her to get sick again? And Seohyun? She's busy with her studies. I don't wanna get in her way. And besides, you're my best friend."

"But I'm not interested in this movie. and besides I'm injured too."

"Don't worry, I'll treat you to a good food. Just be with me, please?"

"Aigoo...I'm here already, what else can I do?"

"Yey! Thanks Hyoyeonie~" Yuri jumped with joy and hugged Hyoyeon.

-

"Yah Junho! I heard that you were assigned as one of the composers of the song for our project!"

"Yeah you heard right hyung. Is that why we're here? Because you're treating me?"

"Of course!"

"But just treat me to a good food. I'm not that into this movie."

"But I've already paid."

"Hyung, chinja...it seems like you're not treating me, but you're treating yourself."

"Just bear with it Junho. I'll buy you delicious food later. Now let's go inside, the movie just started 20 minutes ago." Nickhun made a promise to Junho then they went inside the cinema. Junho can't do anything but just be with Nickhun and bear with it.

-

"Yuri-ah, I'll just go to the bathroom. Okay?"

"Ne~ Come back okay? Don't ever try leaving me here."

"Yes~" Hyoyeon stands up and goes to the exit to find the bathroom. But then, two guys sits beside Yuri.

"Hyung, I have a good idea. Why don't you just give me the money and I'll buy my food." Junho told Nickhun as they sat down.

"Yah, don't even try. Let's eat and watch together." Nickhun said.

"Oh...Nickhun-ssi?"

"Oh, annyeong Yuri-ah. You're watching this movie too?"

"Yes~" The second that Nickhun mentioned Yuri's name, it gave him an idea that Hyoyeon was there too. But he wasn't able to find her.

"Are you alone?" Nickhun asks Yuri as he offers her a popcorn.

"No I'm not, I'm with Hyoyeon. She went to the bathroom."

"Hyung, I'll just go to the bathroom." Junho whispered to Nickhun's ear. Nickhun knew what's running in Junho's mind the moment he knew where Hyoyeon is.

"Oh...is..that Junho?" Yuri said while pointing at Junho who was leaving for the bathroom.

"Uh..ah yes I'm with him."

Yuri-ah, chinja pabo! Yuri thought to herself realizing that she just told Junho where Hyoyeon is.

-

"Aigoo, I want to stay here longer but...Yuri is alone there. I'm not really interested in these types of movies." Hyoyeon said while putting on the ointment that Junho gave her. She grabbed her bag then left the bathroom.

"Hyoyeon-ah!" Junho called out her name. He was waiting for Hyoyeon to come out.

"That scared me!" Hyoyeon got scared by Junho.

"Oh sorry." Junho apologized to Hyoyeon but smiled with her cuteness.

"Yah, why are you here?" Hyoyeon asked Junho.

"Nickhun hyung asked me to watch the movie with him."

"Oh, so Nickhun's there too. I bet someone will be happy."

"But, what took you so long at the bathroom? Did you poop?" Junho asked Hyoyeon jokingly.

"Anniyo! It's just..I'm not interested with the movie Yuri picked."

"Chinja? Me too!" Junho said happily to Hyoyeon. But Hyoyeon just rolled her eyes.

"*clears throat* But...how's your ankle? Seems like you're using the ointment I gave you." Junho smiles at Hyoyeon expecting for a good answer from her.

"O-of course I used it. It's just a waste if I won't use it. B-besides..I took it as your apology." Hyoyeon stuttered and avoided Junho's eyes. Junho could only smile to her cuteness. He knew what Hyoyeon was thinking. He moved closer to Hyoyeon and their eyes met.

"W-wae?...I should just go back first." But before Hyoyeon could enter the entrance again, Junho quickly grabbed Hyoyeon's wrist and tried to stopped her. His sudden action made Hyoyeon surprised. Her eyes grew wider as she looked at Junho.

"Why are you going back again? You said you don't like the movie?"

"Y-yes I said that I didn't like the movie but--" Before Hyoyeon could finish her sentence, Junho cut off her sentence.

"Then let's give those two their moment!"

"What?!" Junho held Hyoyeon's hand pulled her as they quickly exited the cinema.

-

Yuri and Nickhun are too absorbed by the movie. They didn't know that their two friends have ditched them already. But both of their hearts are pounding faster than their usual heart rate, knowing that they're alone there. Yuri and Nickhun grabbed a popcorn at the same time, causing their hands to touch. It made both of them blush, it was like a scene from a typical romantic movie.

"Ah...ladies first." Nickhun said feeling nervous.

"T-thank you." Yuri could die anytime with that awkward atmosphere. When did the cinema turned hotter? I want to increase the aircon's temperature. Yuri thought as she avoided an eye contact with Nickhun.

When will this awkward feeling go away?

I don't know what to talk about...

I can't concentrate with the movie

I think I'll die already.

I hope the two comes back quickly...

Yuri and Nickhun thought.

"Speaking of...where the hell did Junho go?" Nickhun asked, even though he kind of knew already where his friend went. But he just asked just to kill the awkwardness.

"Right, Hyoyeon too." Yuri did the same.

"Did they ditch us?"

"Looks like it..." Then again, awkwardness filled the room. I think I'll die already here.Yuri thought.

But just a few seconds, another couple sits beside Yuri. Yuri then looked at the couple and was shocked...

"Taeyeon-ah, just tell me if you're feeling cold okay?"

"Okay~" Taeyeon smiles at Wooyoung.

"OH? Team Leader..?" Yuri covers trying to avoid her voice from getting louder.

"Wae?" Nickhun asked and was surprised too.

"Team Leader Jang? Team Leader Kim?"

"Huh? O-oh annyeong!" Taeyeon awkwardly greeted the two.

"B-by chance...the two of you--" Before Yuri could finishe her sentence, Wooyoung cut her off first.

"YOU TWO ARE DATING! HA! I KNEW IT!"

"SHHHH!"

"Ah I'm really sorry." Wooyoung bowed to the people who were at the cinema as well.

"Yah! Just pretend that you didn't see us, or else you're dead!" Wooyoung said.

"Uh..n-ne~" The other two said in unison.

"But...wae?" Nickhun asked Wooyoung.

"Just follow what I said." Wooyoung told Nickhun.

"Oh, okay." Nickhun just agreed and concentrated again to the movie.

-

On the other hand, Nickhun and Yuri's precious friends have exited the mall and went outside to look for a restaurant to eat. Unconsciouly, both were still holding each other's hands.

"Yah...where are we going?" Hyoyeon called out for Junho.

"Here." Junho gave Hyoyeon a smile. "We're eating, since there's still a time before the movie finishes." Junho said, then pulls Hyoyeon with him as they entered the restaurant.

"Don't worry, I'll pay." Junho assured Hyoyeon as he lets Hyoyeon take her seat first.

"What do you want to eat?" Junho asked Hyoyeon.

"I'll just eat whatever you order..." Hyoyeon told Junho.

"Okay!" Junho said as he makes on 'ok' sign and smiles at her. He then proceeded to the counter to order their food.

Just a few minutes, Junho came back and brought their food.

"I know you don't eat too spicy food. So I just ordered this." Junho said and placed the food in front of Hyoyeon as he takes his seat.

"T-thank you..." Hyoyeon said weakly, but she was sure that Junho heard it.

If it was awkward between Yuri and Nickhun, it was more awkward between Junho and Hyoyeon. But, Junho is doing his best to remove the awkwardness they have, since it was their first time eating together after two years.

"I think you'll be able to dance in the next few days.." Junho said trying to break the ice.

"Hmm...it should be. I don't want to be late for the practices." Hyoyeon said without looking at Junho.

"You haven't changed a bit." Junho's words made Hyoyeon stop. 

"No, you're wrong. I've changed." Junho looked at Hyoyeon. I think I shouldn't have brought back the past. Junho thought. It felt as if his heart sank.

"I'm really sorry." Junho said while staring at Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon looks at him and hits his head.

"OW! What was the for?" Junho asked.

"You said that if you did something wrong to me, I should hit you. I just hit you since you said sorry..."

"What?" Junho asked a bit confused. Why would she hit me if I only said sorry? I'm a bit confused.

The two continued eating without talking. Once Hyoyeon finished eating, she didn't notice the sauce on the corner of her lips.

"Thanks for the food!"

"Oh...you have a sauce on the corner of your lips." Junho told Hyoyeon as he grabbed a tissue and moved closer to Hyoyeon as he wiped off the sauce from her lips. Hyoyeon's eyes grew wider, she got surprised by how close their faces are. But what even made her shocked, was when their eyes met. Junho stopped from wiping off the sauce on her lips. Seems like time has stopped for the both of them. With their position, they looked like they'll be kissing in just a few seconds. Junho's eyes moved down to her lips, almost tempted to kiss her. But Hyoyeon got her senses back, as she took the tissue from Junho's hand.

"I-I think there's still a sauce on the other side. I'll just..wipe it off." Hyoyeon said and pretended to wipe the other side of her lips. Junho did the same, he got his senses back and sat down. Both of them avoided making eye contact. They felt as if both of their hearts are going to explode in no time. What the...chinja you're an idiot Junho! I totally got lost.... Junho thought.

Just then, Hyoyeon's phone rang. Hyoyeon quickly took her phone and answer it.

"Yah where did you go? How could you just leave me like this?" Yuri asked trying to act that she was really mad, even though just half part of her was really mad while the other was really happy.

"Oh I'm sorry...I was really bored so I just took a walk." Hyoyeon lied.

"Liar. I know who you are with. Now go back here and tell me what the hell the two of you did."

"I-it's not like that..."

"Just go back here already. The movie's gonna be finished soon."

"So it's not yet finished?"

"I just went to the restroom. Maybe in like 5 minutes it's done already. I'll hang up now, I might not see the ending if I kept on talking to you. Now just return here, okay? Bye!"

"Yah....chinja..." Hyoyeon hang up her phone too as soon as Yuri hang up. She slowly looked at Junho who was now avoiding eye contact with her.

"I think I should go back now. Thanks for the treat." Hyoyeon weakly said as she stood up and grabbed her things.

"Wait..." Junho grabs Hyoyeon's hand before she leaves.

"Let's..go together." Junho said and let go of her hand. He stood up and looked at Hyoyeon. Their eyes met but Hyoyeon quickly removed her eyes from Junho's. She then walked first before Junho. They both exited the restaurant having the same thoughts and awkward feelings.

-

Yuri looked at Wooyoung and Taeyeon beside her. Wooyoung put his arms around Taeyeon while Taeyeon leaned on his shoulders.

What the...doing that when the movie's almost finished. Tch. Yuri thought to herself. But then she got surprised as she felt an arm wrapped her shoulder. She quickly looked at Nickhun. She didn't ask why he did it, but instead just went along with him. She also leaned her head on Nickhun's shoulder.  Both of them were enjoying the moment, but suddenly lights and they were a bit surprised. Yuri quickly removed her head that was leaning smoothly on Nickhun's broad shoulder. It made Nickhun a bit said that Yuri removed her head from his shoulder, he thought that it would have been better if he did it earlier.

The four of them exited the cinema. But it was crowded at the exit that anytime, they could push each other. Yuri glanced again to Wooyoung and Taeyeon. This time, they held their hands tightly. Why do I feel jealous? Once again, Yuri felt soft and warm hands wrapped hers. She got surprised by Nickhun's move, she looked at him with a sudden expression.

"*clears throat* You might get lost in this crowd." Nickhun told Yuri as they exited the room. Yuri felt as if she was protected.

-

Junho and Hyoyeon were just in front of the cinema waiting for Yuri and Nickhun to come out. Because there was a lot of people, Hyoyeon got pushed by a man who was in a hurry and didn't manage to apologize. Hyoyeon felt her ankle was in pain.

"Are you okay?" Junho asked Hyoyeon worriedly.

"N-ne.." Hyoyeon assured Junho he was fine, but it was pretty obvious to him that she wasn't fine as he saw her hand massaging her sprained ankle.

Junho helped Hyoyeon stand up. Just like other couples, Junho held Hyoyeon's hand tightly which made Hyoyeon surprised.

"You might get your other ankle sprained, so this is better." Junho smiled to Hyoyeon as he held her hands. Hyoyeon didn't say a word but all she could feel is that her hand is getting sweaty and her heart is pounding fast.

"Oh there they are!" Junho looked at Hyoyeon as he pointed at Yuri and Nickhun who are coming out with Wooyoung and Taeyeon...they were all holding hands.

Junho held Hyoyeon's hand tighter as they walked towards Yuri and Nickhun.

"OH!" Hyoyeon was shocked to see Wooyoung and Taeyeon too.

"Team leaders...." Hyoyeon was about to ask what they were doing here too but she just stopped as she saw their intertwined fingers.

"SHHH!" Wooyoung yelled at Hyoyeon as he placed a finger on his lips.

"I-I'm really sorry if he kept on doing this.." Taeyeon said as he removed Wooyoung's finger on his lips.

"Yah...are you two..." Wooyoung was also about to ask Junho and Hyoyeon if they were dating as he saw their intertwined fingers too. Yuri and Nickhun looked at Junho and Hyoyeon's hands in shock. But before Wooyoung could finish his question, Hyoyeon quickly took out her hand from Junho. It made Junho a bit sad.

"A-anniyo, it's not like what you think.." Hyoyeon said to Wooyoung.

"Eyyyy...you see...we're all keeping secrets here. You can trust us with your UNDENIABLE secret." Wooyoung assured Hyoyeon and waggled his eyebrows.

"But..chinja, it's really not like that. There were just a lot of people and--"

"He held your hand so you won't get lost? Eyyy...why would he hold your hand if he doesn't like you?" Wooyoung said, still trying to make the two admit.

"Jeongmal...I'm really sorry if he keeps on insisting..." Taeyeon said trying to make Wooyoung stop.

"But, let's just pretend that we didn't see each other. Is that okay?"

"Uh, yes." Junho and Hyoyeon said in unison.

"But..I will remember this day as the start of our friendship, not just as a boss-employee relationship." Taeyeon smile to them.

"We will too." Nickhun said.

"So...let's just speak to each other more comfortable when we see each other at work, okay?"

"Okay..."

"Then, we'll go first! Let's just talk about this next time!" Taeyeon waved goodbye to them as he pulled Wooyoung with her.

"YOU'RE ALL DEAD IF YOU SPREAD THIS!" Wooyoung yelled back at them.

They also waved goodbye to the two who were making their way sweetly.

"Uh..since we're all here...why don't we have our dinner?" Nickhun offered them still holding Yuri's hand.

"That's---" Yuri got cut off by Hyoyeon.

"Not a good idea!" Yuri gave Hyoyeon a 'what-are-you-saying' look.

"We still have something to do, right Yuri? You said that you still have to buy something."

"Uh..what?"

"Then, well go with you." Nickhun said trying to stop them.

"N-no! It's a girl's stuff. So we'll go now." Hyoyeon pulled Yuri's arm and let go of Nickhun's hand which made her disappointed.

"O-okay, then..keep safe!" Nickhun yelled as he waved to the two who quickly walked out. Nickhun then faced Junho who kept quiet as he looks at Hyoyeon's back.

"YAH! You did something wrong again..RIGHT??" Nickhun asked Junho.

"...Was that really wrong?" Junho said still looking at Hyoyeon and his mind was at the 'almost-kiss' they shared a while ago.

"So there really is SOMETHING wrong. Now you've got to explain that to me later!"

-

Just 30 minutes, Hyoyeon and Yuri have gone home already.

"Oh unnie, welcome back!" Seohyun welcomed the two as they went inside.

"Did you bring something for me?" Sooyoung asked as she went out from the bathroom.

"How was the movie?" Hyoyeon's mom asked.

But they just ignored their questions as Yuri looking disappointed went inside her room.

"I guess it was not." Yoona implied judging by Yuri's expression.

"Yah, what the hell happened?" Sooyoung asked Hyoyeon.

"I don't know. She was just fine a while ago." Hyoyeon lied.

"But..Hyoyeon-ah, I'm going back to Incheon tomorrow morning." Hyoyeon's mom informed her daughter.

"Eh? Why so fast?"

"Hmmm..something came up. By the way, your father might call you tonight." Hyoyeon's mom smiled at her.

-

Hyoyeon was preparing to sleep already...it was 10 pm.

"Unnie, I'll just study at the living room so that you could sleep comfortably." Seohyun told Hyoyeon while bringing her books outside.

"Okay, but don't stay too late."

"Ne~"

Just then, Hyoyeon's phone rang. She was happy to see who it was seeing the caller's ID flashed on her phone's screen.

"Appa?"

"How's my Hyoyeonie?"

"Aigoo...I'm really fine! But..how's my appa? I haven't seen you for sooooo long!"

"I'm really fine just like you. I know and I'm really sorry if I wasn't able to see you too."

"It's okay, just promise me that you'll visit me next time."

"Okay, I'll promise." Silence replenished the room for a few seconds before anyone could talk first...

"...do you have something to tell me?" Hyoyeon's father asked as he sensed something's wrong even though he couldn't see her daughter's face.

"Hmmm...I guess."

"I'm sure there is. What's wrong? Tell me honestly and I'll keep it a secret from your mom. I promise."

"I always trust you appa."

"I know because I'm the best dad!...so tell me what's been on your mind lately?"

"Appa..."   "Hm?"  

"Junho's back in my life." As Hyoyeon told this to her father, silence broke in again in their conversation.

"So...how are you?"    "I don't know appa. Sometimes I felt good with him, but sometimes seeing him still makes me think of what he did to me."

"He made you feel good huh? Wae?"     "He said he wanted me back, so there are times that he made me feel protected and happy even thought I was hurting already. But...I don't know if I can trust him again."

"They said a person's trust is really hard to bring back once it was broken already."

"I know, I just proved that it was true."

"But...do you still love him?"   "I..don't know. I can't get myself either. Maybe it was because I can't trust him anymore and it makes me hate him. And maybe it's because I want to trust him again that it still makes me love him. I don't really know...why do I still have to meet him?"

"All I can say is that it's all in your hands in which path you want to take...but..."    "But?"

"When you meet someone again, don't think of it just as a coincidence or a simple destiny...but it's a necessity. You meet someone because he plays an important part in your life. You meet someone because there's a particular reason why. It can bring you happiness or it can also bring you sadness. So...I guess he came back in your life because there's something he wanted again. If you can't bring him out in your mind...there's more inside your heart."

"Aigoo...I got the whole thing you said, but it's the last part that made me a bit confused."

"It's in your hand to understand it Hyoyeon-ah... I can't decide anything for you. But whatever makes you happy, I'm more happier for you."

"Thanks appa. Promise me that you won't tell anything to mom."   "I already did before we started this talk."

"Kumawo appa. You're really the best!"   "My daughter is the best too. Now, go to sleep already and don't be late tomorrow."

"Ne~ You too appa."    "Goodnight Hyoyeon-ah."   "Goodnight appa~"

Hyoyeon quickly lied down to her bed after her talk with her dad. She slowly closed her eyes and thinking of everything his dad said. Little did she know her dad's thoughts are the exact.

Unknowingly, Hyoyeon's mom opened her room's door. All this time, her mom was listening to their conversation.

I don't want my daughter to get hurt again, all I want is her happiness.

~

Sorry if the chapter is crappy and sorry if this chapter is tooooo long for you, I have to put everything in one chapter. I did my best to shorten it. I'm sorry too if it's booooring. But I tried my best to make it better. :) Anyways, TaecYoon will be on the next chapter. I hope everyone will look forward for it.