Chapter 14 - Unconscious Hearts

I'm Sorry, but I Truly Love You

Two days have passed after Hyoyeon sprained her ankle. Practices were still not yet tensed, she was happy for that. She thought that she could still follow the steps on time. She felt more better that there was no practice for today as they have to work in the office.

Hyoyeon was working with on her computer when a hand gives her a bag from a drugstore.

"For your ankle..." Hyoyeon knew who it was and accepted the bag and puts it on her table.

"They said it's good for fast recovery." Junho continued but just stood there beside Hyoyeon.

"Aren't you going to leave?" Hyoyeon asked without facing Junho.

"Aren't you going to say something?" Junho asked looking forward to something.

"What?" Hyoyeon looks at Junho.

"Words that you say when you recieve something from someone." Junho says and smiles at Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon rolled her eyes and started typing again. But Junho didn't even move, he was still waiting for Hyoyeon.

"I won't leave." Junho assured Hyoyeon.

"...t-thank..you" Hyoyeon said weakly.

"Mwo? I didn't hear what you said." Junho said trying to tease Hyoyeon.

"I said thankyou!" Hyoyeon said getting pissed off again.

"I can't accept that...but just for now I will." Junho smiles at Hyoyeon and leaves.

Hyoyeon's eyes follows Junho going to his seat. When Junho sat, something popped from his computer screen.

Message: Thank you for your care, I really appreciate it...I'm telling the truth okay? I guess you really felt bad for what you did. Don't laugh at me after you've read this. Yah, I already said thank you. I hope your happy already.

- Kim Hyoyeon

"Tch...saying such things when I'm not facing you." Junho looked at Hyoyeon and smiled.

Message: You should've told that before I left your table. Next time I won't let you off ^_^

- Lee Junho

Hyoyeon read the message from Junho then glanced at him who was looking at his screen trying to act that he didn't send anything. Hyoyeon types her reply once again but then Wooyoung approaches her since he was checking everyone's work. Hyoyeon quickly closes her message box. Junho saw that Hyoyeon has signed out, he looks at Hyoyeon.

"Everyone! Don't treat our office an internet cafe! Okay?" Wooyoung smiles to everyone then looks at Hyoyeon with an 'I'm-watching-you' look.

"Ne~" Everyone replies, then Wooyoung leaves Hyoyeon's place. Hyoyeon sighed in relief. She thought she was dead. Junho saw it and just smiled at her cuteness.

-

"Yah, at least let our employees have some freedom." Taeyeon asked Wooyoung as he goes back from his table.

"Wae? It's time for work. They can do that during break time or when they're at home." Wooyoung replies at Taeyeon.

"Chinja...you're too hardworking. You're girlfriend is really lucky." Taeyeon says in jealousy.

"Are you jealous?" Wooyoung says as he smiles at Taeyeon expecting for something.

"Why? Do you even have one?" Taeyeon replies back.

"Yes. I'm talking to her right now." Wooyoung says at Taeyeon with a smile. Taeyeon turned pink hearing Wooyoung's words.

"A-are you asking me out?!" Taeyeon says trying to hide her pinkish face.

"Now that you mention it...why don't we?" Taeyeon looked at Wooyoung who was still smiling at her.

"Let's go together after work! Is that okay?" Now wooyoung's smile becomes even bigger as he was waiting for Taeyeon's answer.

"Uhh..I.."

"Yah! You two don't treat the office a love cafe" Taecyeon who was just behind them said to the two having goosebumps from the cheesiness.

"You're just jealous because you don't have a girl!" Wooyoung says and rolls his eyes. Taeyeon was a bit shocked, to her, it seemed like Wooyoung implies that she was his girl.

"Ummm...Ok Taecyeon-ssi?"

"Ah yes?" Taecyeon faces Yuri who approached him carrying a cute lunchbox with her.

"First of all, let me explain."

"Huh?"

"Ummm...Im Yoona, the girl you brought to the hospital a few day ago, do you still remember?"

"Ah yes I do."

"I'm her friend and we live together."

"Chinja?"

"Yes, and she just wanted you to recieve this. She prepared this for you. Also, the ommoni you met there she brought this vitamins for you. Both of them wishes that you would accept their gratitude." Yuri says as she gives Taecyeon the lunchbox and the vitamins.

"Aigoo, it's a lot already. Tell them that I'm really thankful too."

"Yes I will~" Yuri bows and leaves after sending the lunchbox and the vitamins to Taecyeon.

-

"What's that?" Nickhun asked Yuri.

"Ah, my friend wanted to give those to our team leader." Yuri answers Nickhun and smiles at him sweetly.

"Ooooh..." Nickhun nods his head while looking at Taecyeon.

"Wae?"

"Anniyo. It's nothing." Nickhun says and sits on his chair already.

The way Nickhun acted made Yuri feel he was jealous and had mistakenly thought of something else. She wanted to ask if he was jealous, but she thought...she's not Nickhun's girlfriend to ask such things.

-

Taecyeon sat and opened the lunchbox to taste the food. The lunchbox has three layers, there was a kimbap on the first layer, a sashimi on the second layer and a korean beef on the last layer. Just by opening the lunchbox, he could sense already that it was really delicious. He took a piece per layer of the lunchbox and ate it.

"Chinja, daebak!" Taecyeon says to himself. He felt as if the 'taste' he planned to do will turn into an 'eat' moment. Taeceyeon sees a small paper attached to the bag where the lunchbox was placed. He got it and opened it. Just as he thought, it was a letter not from the mother he met but Im Yoona, the girl he saved.

To Ok Taecyeon-ssi,

Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Im Yoona the girl you saved a few days ago. I'm really thankful for your help. Right now, I'm feeling much better that's why I was able to prepare this food for you as a thank you to you. I'm really sorry if I only gave this much, but I really worked hard on it to make it tasty. I hope that just by taking a bite on the food I made, my gratitude reached your heart. I'm really thankful for your kind heart. I'm looking forward on meeting you Ok Taecyeon-ssi, and if ever that happens..I hope I could personally say to you how thankful I am. I hope you liked the food I made and also ommoni sent you vitamins. We hope that you won't get sick too. ^__^

From: Im Yoona the girl with a good cooking skills :)

After reading the letter, he smiled at the last remarks. But he must admit that it was true. She really has good cooking skills.

"I'm looking forward on meeting you again Im Yoona." Taecyeon says to himself while looking at the letter Yoona wrote.

"Excuse me sir, don't treat our office a cafe." Wooyoung cut off Taecyeon's serious moment. Taecyeon punched Wooyoung's shoulder a bit weak for ruining his moment.

"Yah, that hurts!"

"I'm having my moment here."

"But like I said...this is not a cafe either."

"Yes Yes, I'll clean up already." Taecyeon said as he started cleaning up. He took a last look on the letter and places it inside his drawer.

-

"Aigoo...seeing our team leader eat like that makes me feel hungry too. I hope it's break time already." Sooyoung who just saw Taecyeon eat, sighed and wished for food.

"Here piggy." Chansung said as he hands a banana to Sooyoung

"Tch...could you at least give the banana to me nicely?"

"Why? I'm being nice. I only give banana to chosen people."

"Then why did you choose me?"

"I don't know....my banana said he wanted to be eaten by someone called piggy." Chansung said and laughs.

"Is that a nice comment or a teasing again?!" Sooyoung says as she puts both her hands on her waist.

"Uhh...you guess! Hahaha! Here's the banana piggy." Chansung placed the banana on Sooyoung's desk and returned to his.

"Tch I'll let you eat this banana peeling if that's a teasing!" Sooyoung shouted back at Chansung.

"YAH! THIS IS NOT A PLAYGROUND FOR YOU TO SHOUT!" Wooyoung shouted back at Sooyoung.

"I'm sorry team leader...jjang!" Everyone laughed at Sooyoung's pun. Even Chansung laughed at her joke.

(Jang = Wooyoung's last name. Jjang = when people say this, it's like they're saying you're the best XD)

-

"Sooyoung-ssi, is funny!" Jay said while trying to stop his laughter.

"Yah, stop laughing." Jessica said with her icy cold stare.

"Yah Jessica-ssi, you should always smile. You look prettier with your smile." Jay told Jessica while smiling bigger than his normal smile.

"That won't work. Aigoo..I'm really sleepy." Jessica said as she closes her eyes for a bit.

"Don't try to sleep unless you wanted to get scolded by our team leader...jjang!" Jay said trying to copy Sooyoung's joke then laughs at it again.

"Tch..I don't care." Jessica says and closes her eyes again.

"Yah, he'll say 'DON'T TREAT OUR OFFICE YOUR BEDROOM!' You don't wanna get humiliated too." Jay warns Jessica, but Jessica is not listening to Jay and just continued closing her eyes. But Jay planned a funny idea in his mind. Jay tried to tickle Jessica but he didn't know Jessica was that too ticklish. Jessica laughed until she fell on her seat...actually both of them fell on their seat as Jay didn't stopped tickling Jessica and he kind of slipped from his seat trying to make Jessica laugh. The funny result turned into a humiliation. Both of them were shocked to see and didn't expect that such thing could happen. Jay's eyes gre wider as he found out he was on top of Jessica. Jessica who was even more shocked slapped Jay on his face.

"YAH!"

"Jeongmal Mianhe!" 

Everyone heard the sound of Jessica's slap. It seemed like it was 'quite' strong.

"YAH! THE TWO OF YOU THERE! DON'T TREAT OUR OFFICE YOUR BEDROOM!"

Jessica and Jay got shocked by Wooyoung's statement. Everyone laughed at it. Jay stood up and offered Jessica a hand, but Jessica slapped Jay's hand and she stood by herself. Both of them bowed to show their apology for such thing could happen.

"We're really sorry." Both said unison.

"It was all my fault team leader, not Jessica-ssi." Jay who looked at Wooyoung giving them deadly stare tried to make fun again.

"We're really sorry. Team leader...jjang! HWAITING!" Jay tried to make Wooyoung laugh, but instead the other laughed at it.

Wooyoung just sat down but secretly laughed.

"Aigoo...what's wrong with everyone." Wooyoung say and tries to stop his laugh.

-

-

~FAST FORWARD~

"So...what did you give it yo Ok Taecyeon-ssi?" Hyoyeon's mom asked.

"Yes, he recieved it ommoni." Yuri answered.

"So, did he like the food I made?" Yoona asked, she was expecting for a good feedback.

"Of course! I saw him eating your food. I heard him also say 'daebak!' to the food you made." Sooyoung told Yoona who was totally happy.

"You should've seen, Sooyoung was drooling at the food." Hyoyeon said and just recieved a slap on her shoulder from Sooyoung.

"But...I would like it if you could make MY lunch." Sooyoung  told Yoona who was looking forward for the food.

"So selfish~" Hyoyeon makes a side comment that Sooyoung just ignored.

"But, Yoona unnie and I have classes so she can't. Right unnie?" Seohyun informed her unnies.

"Right, they'll be late if they make you food." Hyoyeon's mom told the girls.

"They're right. We'll just look forward for the food you make on weekends. Is that okay?" Yuri asks.

"Oh of course! I'm really interested in cooking. I want to learn a lot. Also, I learned a lot from Hyoyeon unnie's mom." Yoona's words made Hyoyeon's mom smile.

It was 10pm and everyone prepared to get to sleep. Yoona, Yuri and Sooyoung are roommates while Hyoyeon sleeps beside her mom and Seohyun on the other bed.

"Goodnight Seohyun-ah~" Hyoyeon says as she turns off the light.

"Goodnight unnie~ Goodnight ommoni~"

"Aigoo, my daughter sounded like a mom already."

"Of course, it's one of the biggest dreams I have."

After a few minutes, silence filled the room as no one talked. Seems like they fell asleep already. But Hyoyeon couldn't sleep.

"Umma?..Are you still awake?"

"Hm? Wae?"

"How do you know when someone likes you?"

"Hmmm...when he cares for you. But, they way he cares feels different to you."

"Like how is it different?"

"Like...you didn't expect he would do such a thing. Like he don't wait for your orders but wholeheartedly does it for you. Also when this person stays by your side always and he's ready to help you when you're in pain or having a hard time."

"Hmmm..."

"Wae? Does someone like my daughter? I hope he's not the same as Junho who'll hurt my daughter."

"I don't know if this guy likes me....But umma, what if Junho comes back and he wants a second chance?"

"Don't! He don't deserve you."

"No, I mean...what if he tries to win my heart back by proving that he still has feelings for me?"

"Then...I'll test him."

"How?"

"Hmmm....I don't know. Why are we talking about him?"

"Nothing. I just thought."

"Okay, then let's sleep already. You still have work tomorrow."

"Ne~ Goodnight umma. I hope dad is here too."

"Ne, I wish that too. Goodnight Hyoyeon-ah."

I hope dad can help me too.

~