Chapter 9

Tree of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9

 

Baekhyuns bare feet stood on a wide meadow with all kinds and colors flowers could have. Dressed in white linen Baekhyun felt incredibly happy and comfortable. The warmth feeling was surrounding him wherever he went. His toes over the grass and met with the warm earth while he was walking through the clearing. He let his hand through his no longer black hair. It was blonde and Baekhyun didn’t lost a thought about why it was like this. It felt like it had never been anything else but blonde.

His angelic appearance wanted to sit down when a deep voice spoke in his head.

“Baekhyun.”

Startled the blonde looked around the clearing to not see anyone.

“Baekhyun.”

“Who’s there?”, the small man asked nervous.

“You have to come to me.”

“Who are you?”

“I can help you.”

“I don’t need your help.” Baekhyun gulped. He touched his ears with his hands and tried to get this voice out of his head. ´

“It’s dangerous Baekhyun. You must remember who you are.”

“Don’t talk to me anymore!”

“We need you…”

Baekhyun screwed up his eyes and sank down on his knees. His head began to hurt like crazy that he can’t other than whine. “No…”

“Baekhyun…”

“Go away!!!”, the fragile blonde screamed and curled up into a ball on the meadow. Time passed and after a few minutes of silence Baekhyun took his hands from his ears. With the voice his headache was gone, too. Slowly the blonde sat up again and looked around the glade. He sighed in relief.

A melodious buzz let Baekhyun look around the flowers. A round bumblebee was flying from blossom to blossom, collecting the sweet honey diligently. Baekhyun chuckled. “It must taste really good, hm?”

Then, a chilly upwind let the young man shiver. He looked up to the sky and shield his eyes with his hands because of the bright sun. “Although you’re giving all you can there’s still chilly wind.” Baekhyun wanted to use the last rays to collect some flowers when a dark shadow appeared over the clearing, too fast to be a normal shadow. Baekhyun looked around and when his gaze went to the sky he saw thick clouds covering the Sun completely.

Suddenly Baekhyun heard a loud noise coming out of the woods. He could see trees falling and hear the frightening row coming nearer. He didn’t know what to do. Was this…thing…even coming near?

“Run…”

The voice was back and every fibre in his body screamed to follow the voices advice. Baekhyun stood up and ran so fast that he stumbled upon his own legs. All he could hear now was his own breath and the unknown force coming near. He didn’t know where to run and his bare feet began to hurt from the bumpy earth. But all he knew was that he can’t let this thing catch himself.

When he reached the forest edge he looked back to see a thick mist covering the glade. Baekhyun gulped and entered the forest that was night dark without the light of the sun. He jumped over branches and tried not to fall although the roots were showing, but he had to be fast to escape the fog that was coming.

“Help…”, he whined breathless and in fear. He didn’t know what was going on but all happiness was yielded and was replaced by pure fear. The feeling of death was in the woods and Baekhyun felt like he was running towards it. But turning back wasn’t an option neither.

“An eye of red force created the evil…”

There was the deep voice again. The only thing that wanted to warn Baekhyun. He should have believed in the voice, but he didn’t understand. What did the voice wanted to tell him?

“The legends hereby divide the tree in half and hide each side.”

“I’m sorry.”, Baekhyun panted breathless. “I don’t understand.” All strength was leaving Baekhyuns body. He was stumbling more and had a tough time to keep himself up on his feet. The fog was chasing him and he had nowhere to go. The forest seemed to be an endless labyrinth of pain and darkness. “Help me…”

“You need to remember who you are…”

I’ve lost my memories, I can’t get them back…Baekhyun was running with his last strength. His adrenalin alone kept him on his feet and running.

“If you don’t remember, you will lose everything.”

“How?!”, Baekhyun screamed. He didn’t want to die now, he wanted to be with Chanyeol to create memories with him and his friends, to live a normal and peaceful life, like Sehun wanted him to. He wanted to finish his study, to be a normal guy in a normal world. If this means he had to remember everything, he would try to.

Suddenly, the earth under Baekhyuns feet collapsed and threw Baekhyun into a huge hole. Too exhausted to scream the blonde held his breath. Is this the end? He didn’t fell long when his body hit the cold and hard earth again. Baekhyun gasped in pain but walked by fear he stood up immediately and tried to orientate himself.

A small ray of light was showing at the end of the cave. He must have fallen into this hollow and he had to follow the light when he didn’t want to get caught by the mist. He forced his feet to move and under ache he went to the light.

“I don’t want to hurt you. But I have no choice.”

Baekhyun bit on his under lip and shook his head.

“You have no choice.”

“What are you talking about?”, the blonde whispered into the darkness. When Baekhyun reached the light, he had to protect his eyes because of the bright light that was shining in the cave. When his eyes accustomed to the sudden light he looked around. In front of him was a beautiful tree that shined through the cave. The ray Baekhyun had seen came from the tree, he was sure about that.

“Come near.”

It was the tree. The tree was talking to Baekhyun all the time. He decided to trust the tree this time and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter