Chapter 7

Tree of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7

 

Tonight looking at

The moon that is melancholy

You also as lonely as me

Living with the empty heart

 

Baekhyun searched for his phone with closed eyes, only when he found it he opened one of his eyes to look at the display. Chanyeol. He wanted to shut down the call when it just ended. Baekhyun sighed, pushed his phone on silent mode and put it back next to his pillow. He couldn’t bear hearing any sound anymore. His head hurt so much that he thought elephants were dancing tango in there.

Chanyeol had texted him every ten minutes since morning. Right now he should have been at a lesson and he was sure that Chanyeol sat in there with a coffee for Baekhyun, full of sorrow and texting him to get at least a vital sign of him. But Baekhyun couldn’t even look at the display properly without his head bursting. When Chanyeol was going to call him now every ten minutes he would be dead in no time and because of that he put his phone silence. Relieved buy the silence he closed his eyes again and tried to forget about his headache and to go back to sleep.

It was cute and really caring from his friend that he bothered this much, but there were things even Chanyeol couldn’t protect him for and when his head hurts the last thing he needed was a bubbly and always teasing Park Chanyeol. All he needed was lots of sleep and he will be fine again.

When Baekhyun woke up again he thought he must have slept a few hours. His body didn’t feel recovered that much but he was happy about every minute he wouldn’t feel his head. His eyes still closed he heard something like a pencil rolling over a paper and when he tried to listen more, he even heard a body moving.

In panic, he opened his eyes and sat up a little bit too fast that a painful “Aishh!” escaped out of his mouth and he grabbed his head with his right hand. Due to the sudden strong pain, he closed his eyes again and when he was able to open them again he had a hard time to focus on the body that’d moved from the desk to his bed. “Are you okay, Sun?”

He felt a warm Hand through his hair gently. “You shouldn’t sit. Lay back down, you’ve fever.”, the voice which Baekhyun knew came from Chanyeol said soft. “Oh maybe you should take your medicine first, now that you’re awake.” The body on Baekhyuns bed stood up hand soon after he heard a rustle of a paper bag. Chanyeol came back to the bed. “How are you feeling?”

“Sick…”, croaked Baekhyun. His voice was thin and his throat felt dry. Chanyeol seemed to realize that. “I will get you water soon. First take this.” He handled Baekhyun a spoon full of medicine which the smaller took thankful but couldn’t resist to grimace. “Acerbically…”, me mumbled which let Chanyeol to laugh. He pet Baekhyuns head and stood up for getting him something to drink. “When you’re sick tell me. It was really hard for me sitting at the lesson and not running out of the building and search for you.”

“I guess you’ve to live with that. I can’t even focus properly, there’s nothing I can do.” Baekhyun took the glass of water Chanyeol gave to him. “Thank you…”, he mumbled and began to drink. Although Baekhyun was glad and he felt flustered that Chanyeol came to look after him, there was one question in his mind. “How did you come in…?” Baekhyun put the empty glass back on his nightstand and laid back down, pulling his blanket up to his nose.

“I asked the caretake if he could open your door for me, because I was worried.”

“And he did?”

“I think I can be very convincing at times.”, he chuckled and run with his hand through Baekhyuns hair yet again. “And I’m glad I am. You shouldn’t be alone when you’re sick. You couldn’t even manage to get you medicine.”

Baekhyun sighed and kept his eyes shut. “I was going to just endure it till the end.”

“There’s no need to anymore. Now I’m in your life and will protect you.”

A light smile showed on Baekhyuns lips. He didn’t know why but the more often Chanyeol told him he would protect him, he believed it. His heart felt warm just knowing that the taller cared enough to make his way to him, buying him medicine and staying with him although he was sure he wasn’t an entertaining friend right now. With this thoughts Baekhyun fell into a deep sleep again.

 

Somewhat later Baekhyun woke up again. It was midnight already and he thought his head was getting better. At least the pain wasn’t as heavy as it was before he’d took the medicine which Chanyeol gave to him. Thinking of Chanyeol Baekhyun looked around the room to see if Chanyeol was still somewhere in his apartment. He felt thankful that Chanyeol had left his nightlight on because of his fear in the darkness. It helped him now to find Chanyeol as well.

The taller was laying in his bed next to him. A small smile hushed over Baekhyuns lips. “Stupid Yoda…”, he mumbled and laid back. He turned around to look at the sleeping face right next to him. Beautiful. Baekhyun had always thought that Chanyeol was attractive…he was tall, had big eyes, a charming smile, nice skin and his friendly and manly behavior made him even more handsome. But seeing his friends resting face made him feel so warm and cared.

He stayed with him all the time because he was sick. Baekhyun bet he wouldn’t even have been out of the room for five minutes. His day must have been very boring thanks to Baekhyun. He sighed. Why was the taller adoring him so much? Baekhyun wasn’t even special. He was an average student who didn’t stand out or searched for the limelight. Of course, there had been one or two persons in his life who thought of him as very special and wanted to date him, but nobody was as precious as Chanyeol to Baekhyun. Chanyeol was one of a Kind and he didn’t k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter