Chapter 8

Tree of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

 

The steady ticking of a clock was the first thing Baekhyun heard when he woke up. He felt like he’d slept for thousand years or more. When he opened his eyes, he was confused to find himself in a room that wasn’t his and in a bed that didn’t belong to him neither. He drunk in the familiar scent of cotton that came from the bedsheets. Baekhyun knew this room, it was Chanyeols. But why was he there?

He closed his eyes again and tried to imagine how he’d come in Chanyeols bed. He was at the bookstore with Chanyeol and Kyungsoo and all of a sudden, he felt really sick again. He wanted to go home and went to Chanyeol. The taller carried him as his legs began to get wobbly and after this he can’t remember anything that happened. Chanyeol must have carried him here.

Baekhyun sat up and saw Chanyeol sitting in his armchair. His stooping posture showed that Chanyeol was asleep. He must have fall into sleep while watching over me again…Baekhyun thought and sighed. He didn’t want Chanyeol to feel responsible for him. It was Baekhyuns fault that he wanted to go out although he knew that he still was ill.

The really strange thing was, that he felt better now. Not a little bit better like he felt this morning, Baekhyun felt completely fine as if he was never sick. The black-haired man shook his head, not understanding his body at all and he was sure Chanyeol wouldn’t believe him neither. The taller must have been worried to the extent that he didn’t want Baekhyun to lay alone in his room. Again, he stayed with him the entire time. Baekhyun felt bad because of this. All he did was troubling Chanyeol ever since they got to know each other. “I’m sorry Chanyeol…”, he whispered in the silence and stood up.

When he was about to go out of the room he saw a blanked laying in the walk-in closet which door stood open. He got the blue blanket and went back to Chanyeol. “You could at least have laid down next to me. Your body is going to hurt when you wake up.”, he mumbled and covered Chanyeol with the blue cotton. A soft smile run on Baekhyuns face. “Anyway…thank you…as always…”

When Baekhyun wanted to turn around he felt a hand grabbing is wrist. “You better go to bed again. I won’t let you leave like this anyway.” The older turned around to look at the worried face of his guardian. “Chanyeol…” The said shook his head. “No Baekhyun, you can’t lie to me twice.”

Baekhyun sighed. He knew it would come like this and because of that he wanted to leave without waking him up. “I know you won’t believe me but I’m fine now. Everything is gone even my headache. I don’t understand this neither, but please trust me.”

Chanyeol sighed. “I want to. But you have to understand me. After you lied about your condition for the whole day it’s hard to just trust you in this matter.” Baekhyun looked down to his feet. He knew he did wrong by lying to them. “I’m sorry Chan. But…I didn’t want you to be concerned about me anymore. You’re always worried because of me and I wanted to be strong, that we can have a wonderful day together with Kyungsoo.”

“But you got both of us crazy because we thought you feel good but collapsed all of a sudden. We were really worried that we thought bringing you here was the only thing we could do.” Chanyeol stood up. “Let’s get downstairs. Lay needs to get an eye on you.”

Baekhyun looked at him with big questioning eyes. “Lay? Why?”

“He’s a doctor. You can’t fool him like you’ve fooled us. Also, Kyungsoo will be downstairs. I think he will be happy to see you standing on you own two feet.”

Baekhyun lowered his head. “You must have been worried.”

“To death. We didn’t know what was going on. It could have been your fever again but it could have been anything else and maybe worse, too.”

The smaller sighed and nodded. “I’m sorry.”

“Just don’t do it ever again.” Chanyeol got Baekhyuns hand and went with him out of his room and downstairs into the living room. “They’re all worried. Your condition was really bad when we brought you here.”, Chanyeol whispered before they entered the room.

 

“Baekhyun!”, Kyungsoo screamed surprised. “You’re able to move out of your bed?”

Baekhyun smiled lightly. “Actually, it wasn’t my bed…” he got hugged tightly by Kyungsoo and wondered again how it was possible for such a delicate human to be this strong. “I’m glad you’re up again. How are you feeling?” Baekhyun laughed and hugged him back.  “I’m all fine. As if I was never sick.” Kyungsoo blinked in disbelief. “I’m not lying this time, Ksoo. I promise.”

“But you will stay here tonight, won’t you?”, Suho asked and patted Yixings leg. “Would you take a look at him? Just in case…”

Lay nodded and stood up. “Of course. I will check him again.”

Baekhyun looked confused to Suho when Kyungsoo broke away from him. “You want me to stay until tomorrow?”

Suho nodded. “Why not? Just in case that your fever comes back. I think this would be best?”

A night in Chanyeols villa. Baekhyun would have never dare to dream about this. This was something he would like to do. He wanted to be with all of them and especially with Chanyeol. Staying over night was the best thing they could have want him to do. Baekhyun nodded and wanted to say something when Lay turned him to himself.

The dark-haired man examined Baekhyun thorough and sometimes asked him to inhale. Baekhyun did everything Lay wanted him to do. After a few minutes Lay shrugged. “He’s healthy. I think his body is still weak but I don’t think that we have to fear that the fever will come back again.”, he smiled and pated Baekhyun on his head. “Just don’t make us worry like this anymore. Stay in bed if you’re feeling sick.”

Baekhyun felt warmth in his heart. Lay was such a caring and lovable man that his action let him blush a little. “I’ve learned my lesson.”

“And does Baekhyun still have to stay for the night?”, Sehun asked and came to the living room as well. He must have been in the kitchen listening to them. On his arm he’d a small baby that looked like it was born a few weeks ago. Baekhyun couldn’t remember to have seen any Baby in the villa.

“If you have already visitors I can go home. That’s okay for me.”, Baekhyun answered although he wanted to stay. But the Baby must belong to a visitor and even if this was a villa, Baekhyun didn’t want them to guest so many visitors.

Sehun nodded. “You’re feeling better anyway. I don’t think that there’s a need for you to stay here.”

“There is. And I asked him to stay, Sehun. He will stay with Chanyeol. We’ve talked about this.”, Suho said strict not letting any discussion rise.

Sehun sighed and nodded. “Don’t get me wrong Baekhyun. I like you, but I just think they are a little bit too overprotective.” He smiled and dandled the baby when it began to whine a little bit. Baekhyun nodded. “Maybe they are, but I’m thankful for that. And I would like to stay.”, he said and hoped that Sehun wouldn’t hate him for it.

“If it’s okay for you, you can stay of course.” The baby in Sehuns arms began to whine louder. “Shhht. I will feed you in a few seconds…” Sehun looked too adorable with this little thing in his arms. It seemed as if he felt himself like the father of this cute being. When Baekhyun saw the affection in Sehuns eyes when he looked and talked to the baby he hoped that someday someone would look at him like this, too. Sehun seemed to really care for this baby.

“I haven’t seen the baby around here the last time I visited you.”, Baekhyun said. He wanted to know whose Baby it is badly. Maybe there are more people living here then he already knew.

Sehun looked to Junmyeon like if he didn’t know what to say. The older catched his gaze and answered instead. “It’s the baby of a good friend of us. We’re taking care of Luhan for a few weeks.” Sehun nodded and left to the kitchen where he must have been warming up the milk for Luhan.

“How old is he?”, Baekhyun asked and sat down next to Chanyeol how’d asked him with his hand to sit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter