Chapter 4

Tree of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

 

The warmth of his blanket surrounded Baekhyun as he pushed the button of his remote. There was nothing worthy to see in the TV, as every day. Baekhyun just wasn’t the TV looking guy, he rather watched a good movie or went out with friends. He sighed. Maybe he should go out, the sun was shining and he was freezing in his room because the warmth of the sun wouldn’t reach him.  But with whom? He hadn’t got that much friends here and bothering them with himself wasn’t in his intention. If they wanted to do something with Baekhyun, they’d have called him, wouldn’t they?

Baekhyun scrawled down his contacts on his phone. There was really nobody in there he would like to call. Suddenly he was reminded of something. He stood up and got his bag. After he unbaged his pencil case and opened it, he took out a note. He tipped the number in his phone with a light smile and began to write a message.

 

-Hey there, it’s Baek. Do you want coffee?-

-Baek! I’d never thought you would message me. What happened?-

Baekhyun laughed. Why must something happened to me to call you? -Let’s say I’m sorry for my breakdown in the elevator yesterday. And that’s my way to make it up to you.-

-Okay, fine. But I invite you.-

-If someone has to invite the other than it’s me.-

-That we’ll see. When will you come out? I’m nearby anyway.-

Of course he was. Chanyeol would never be not somewhere around him. -10 minutes.-

 

More time wasn’t needed. All he’d to do was getting something else to wear than his pajama he was wearing and maybe he would be combing his hair, that’s all. Baekhyun decided to wear a skinnie Jaens with a white hoodie shirt he’d just bought last week, this was the perfect time to wear it. He went to the bathroom and arranged his hair beautifully. As he looked in the mirror he felt the urge to make something out of his self. He wanted to look good. As he decided to put on makeup and eyeliner out of 10 minutes got at least 20.

Chanyeol was going little circles while waiting for Baekhyun who got off the building. “Finally! I was going to call you in case something happened to you!”

Baekhyun laughed. “Don’t be such crybaby. When I set up a meeting I will be there.”

“But not on time. And who’s the crybaby here?”

“Tzis…” Baekhyun put his hands in his pockets. “Don’t talk too much nonsense. Let’s go!” He looked at the taller and saw a huge grin covering his face.

“This isn’t makeup what I’m seeing, is it?”

“Of course it’s not.”

“Then I guess the Pandacircles below your eyes come from not washing well?”

Pandacircles? Baekhyun took out his hand mirror. He was in a hurry and maybe the eyeliner got ruined? He checked his appearance and heard a loud laugh coming from the redhead. Baekhyun grumbled at put the mirror bag. “It’s not like I did it for you.”

“Are we going to observe your crush at the café then?” Chanyeol gasped as he felt Baekhyuns elbow in his rips.

“Don’t be too annoying. I’m able to drink a coffee on my own.”

“Oh, you won’t do that!”, Chanyeol said and laid his arm around Baekhyuns shoulder to squeeze him. “You like my presence.”

The smaller let it happen although Baekhyun didn’t want it, being hugged from Chanyeol felt strangely good. “Sure about that?”

“Yapp.”

 

Both sat at a small table at the campus café. Baekhyun was spooning the foam of his latte macchiato while Chanyeol was nipping on his mocha watching the black-haired. “Are you trying to look cute?”

“What do you mean by that?” Baekhyun took his cookie and dunk it in his macchiato.

“You’re doing cute things un purpose like style up for me, spooning the foam or dunking the cookie in.”

Baekhyun blinked. That was nothing he wouldn’t do. “It’s normal like that.”

“Normal people are wearing makeup when they’re out with their boyfriend and they’re drinking the macchiato and not spooning it.”, Chanyeol chuckled. “I think it’s cute.”

Baekhyun shrugged. “Never payed attention to that. I wear makeup when I want to and I’m spooning my macchiato since I got to like it.”

“And that’s totally adorable if you ask me.”

“What lucky I am that I wasn’t going to ask you about that.”

Chanyeol lend forward. “What were you going to ask me then?”, he whispered.

Baekhyun gulped and set himself straight up again. “Nothing. I just…I wanted to say thank you.”

“I haven’t done anything. Why would you thank me?”, Chanyeol grinned nonchalantly and took a sip of his mocha.

“Don’t Chanyeol. You helped me out of the elevator.”

“Actually, the technicians helped both of us out.”

“But you were there for me. It’s nothing natural.”, Baekhyun mumbled. “You could have just let me sit on the floor.”

“For me it’s natural. Everything related to you is natural for me.” Baekhyun looked up and saw an honest and beautiful smile on his lips. He didn’t understand this guy.

“Nevertheless. Thank you.” Chanyeol reached out and a strand of Baekhyuns hair from his eyes. “You’re really gorgeous, Baekhyun. That makes me happy.”

 

Baekhyun shutdown the computer of the fraternity. After he’d met Chanyeol at the café he’d a meeting and some work to do. He wanted to spend more time with the redhead but he’d bring up a lie to go. His head was giving him a tough time again. Sooner or later he’d to go for a checkup. Having headaches weekly wasn’t a normal thing to have, that’s what his mother told him as they were talking on the phone.  Everything he knew was that his headache came with Chanyeol but would leave with him as well.  That made it hard to spend more time with the redhead.

Chanyeol was a really abnormal guy. Abnormal in a positive way, Baekhyun thought. He’d something special, something that Baekhyun got drawn to like moth to light. On the other hand, everything regarding Chanyeol was strange. There must be something he hide, Baekhyun didn’t even managed to get to know his home. Who was the real Park Chanyeol?

He was such a nice guy in front of him. Nobody had tried to cheer Baekhyun up as often as Chanyeol did and there was nobody Baekhyun felt as understood as by Chanyeol. He even talked about his non-existed past with the taller and he seemed to understand it. Chanyeol seemed to feel truly sorry for this although he wasn’t even involved in his life back then. Being there for Baekhyun was as normal as breathing for him.

Baekhyuns heart fluttered as he thought of the gentle touch of Chanyeols hand as he his strain back. You’re really gorgeous, Baekhyun. The black-haired shook his head. Where was his mind going? Chanyeol was still an annoying giant stalker that wouldn’t let him breath. But wasn’t this the positive side of Chanyeol? He would be near if Baekhyun needs him. He’d proved it in the elevator. Chanyeol would find the right words to calm him down and he would hug him tight to show him he’s not alone with his fears.

Baekhyun sighed and took his bag. Maybe he could spend some time with Chanyeol before he would go home. The taller would be somewhere around, Baekhyun just had to look for him. As he left the building bright red hair caught Baekhyuns attention. There he was as Baekhyun thought. But he wasn’t alone, Kyungsoo was with him. Baekhyun thought a moment but decided to spend a few hours with both. Kyungsoo was a nice guy and Chanyeol wouldn’t fluster him in front of his friend, would he?

The near he came thee better h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter