Chapter 10

Tree of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10

 

Baekhyun strolled through the shelves at the history apartment of the library. He’d left Chanyeols villa early this morning. Although his friends wanted him to stay at least until breakfast was done, he denied it. The black-haired wanted to get some answers and he was sure he wouldn’t get anything like this from Chanyeol or his friends. He wasn’t sure about this, but he’d the feeling that this dream wasn’t a normal one, as strange as it sounds.

He didn’t know what to look for but he hoped that he could find at least some answers between these books. So, what did he know? He knew that he had a weird dream in which Chanyeol had been very interested. Chanyeol mentioned the red fog all by himself and also, he was very interested in the tree. Following this Baekhyun had searched for books with the keywords shining tree and red fog. As he thought it was hard for him to find anything, so he’d changed the keywords a little bit. After finding nothing relevant while searching with the keywords colorful tree and cave tree, he decided to chance the keyword one more time.

The last word he searched was tree divided in half and he’d really found a book that sounded interesting. Now he was searching for the book “old legends and myths” at the bookshelf and was thankful for it being there. With a nervous smile on his lips he took the book and went to a desk nearby the window. There he opened it and looked through it.

After searching a little bit and reading through some texts he stopped at one certain point. What… Baekhyun read it twice. An eye of red force created the evil…That was exactly what the tree told him. “What does that mean…?” Baekhyun was sure that he’d never heard or read anything of this so why did he dream exactly this phrase? The black haired- shook his head lightly to prevent the small pain in his head to increase. Nervous he began to read the whole myth.

 

When the skies and the grounds were one, through legends, with their twelve forces, nurtured the tree of life. An eye of red force created the evil, which coveted the heart of tree of life and the heart slowly grew dry.

With tend and engrace for heart of tree of life, the legends hereby divide the tree in half and hide each side.

Hence, time is over-turvened and space turns a skew. The twelve forces divide into two and create two suns that look alike into two worlds that seem alike. The legends travel apart. The legends shall now see the same sky but shall stand on different grounds, shall stand on the same ground, but shall see different skies.

The day the grounds be kept a single file before one sky in two worlds that seem alike, the legends will greet each other. The day the red force is purified, and the twelve forces reunite into one perfect root, a new world shall open up.

 

“The tree of life…”, Baekhyun mumbled to himself. “It was the tree of life that I’ve seen in my dream?” But why? Why’d he dreamed about that tree? And the red force? Of course, it was the red mist, Chanyeol had asked about. Why did he know? The pictures Baekhyun had seen…He’d seen the divided tree and he’d seen destruction everywhere he looked. But wait why was he somehow connected to the tree? And why did he want him to remember his past?

Baekhyun grabbed his hair with his Fingers and closed his eyes. He wondered why all those memories of his dream were coming back. Why did he saw all of this again? The strange boy who was running with him, Chanyeol holding his body, screaming. A severe pain shot through his head and Baekhyun whined silently. Why was it so painful for him to think about this stuff? He wanted to stop searching for answers, as every time this pain had run through is head. But could he really leave it like that? He felt that he was so close. He was so damn close to get answers to questions which have bothered him the last five years of his life. Baekhyun could feel that he could reach them if he would just endure the pain a little longer.

Because of this he tried to remember. He tried to connect all those pictures in his head with the legend in this book. He tried to ignore the pain in his head and he tried to accept that his past could have had to do something with strange things he wouldn’t understand right now, but he was ready to accept any of this.

What if his memories, supposed his dream consisted of memories, didn’t come back to him in the right order? If he had to puzzle everything together to give it a meaning? Baekhyun tried. He tried collecting everything his memory was giving him and he tried to bring it into the right order, ignoring the huge pain that attempted to burst his head. At one point his head was hurting so much that he wanted to cry in pain but he couldn’t stop, not now. He knew he was so close.

Suddenly the ceiling lamps were blowing and Baekhyun gasped terrified. Where ever he looked, the ceiling lamp was going to flicker and then went out. With every light gone his head felt slightly better although it was still hurting. “What’s going on here…”, he whispered to himself and looked to the book and then out of the window. “What’s happening…”

Caught by sudden fear Baekhyun stood up. He didn’t know why but something was terribly wrong. Baekhyun knew that he’d to hurry and leave the library as soon as possible. He screened the legend with his phone and took the book back to its place before he left at full pace.

A cold shiver was running down his back when he left the library. He was afraid like he never was before and because of that he was looking from right to left and turning backwards every now and then. Keep calm… The student tried to calm down himself. But the truth was that he wanted Chanyeol to be here. The redhead would know what to do, he would protect him. Even if there was something threatening him like the red force. Calm down Baek. Why are you even thinking something like the red force would come and get you? Stupid. But Baekhyun couldn’t other than feel terrified by the red force.

When he’d gone a few steps, he felt the ground getting soft under his feet. He looked down to see the soil to become indistinct. He blinked a few times but nothing changed. When he looked up again he found his surroundings grow hazy as well. He tried to clear his sight with his fingers but there was no help. More likely the world seemed to be painted in purple lightly.

Baekhyun didn’t know what was happening and he was too afraid to collect his mind and to try to think it’s all a dream again. Then he felt a cold breath down his neck. He gulped and turned around slowly. He screamed after he saw the being in front of him which was reaching out at him with two of its arms or legs, Baekhyun couldn’t see what it was exactly. Trembling he took a few steps backwards not having the courage to turn his back at this thing.

“Okay…I’m going crazy…”, Baekhyun mumbled and stumbled backwards.

 

The beast was following Baekhyun.

 

That was the moment Baekhyun knew he’d to run. He’d to be fast to get rid of this thing and maybe when he would run he would wake up and everything would have been normal again. He hadn’t slept because of his dream so there was a high chance that he’d fallen asleep while reading the book. So, he decided to run as fast as he could.

 

But the beast was running also.

 

The soft ground didn’t make it easy for Baekhyun to use all his strength in his legs to move forward as fast as he could. It was like walking on a trampoline but without the jump effect. He didn’t know what to do. He couldn’t face this thing, he didn’t even know what it wanted from him.

 

The beast was screaming harrowing and getting nearer with every step.

 

Baekhyun ran but it wasn’t enough to give it the slip. With his mind completely blank he didn’t notice that he was just running into a deadlock. When he reached the exterior wall, which was blocking his way he turned around. Baekhyun felt his heart hitting hard against his chest.

 

The beast was observing Baekhyun with its dark eyes, its mouth wide open to show the sharp teeth, which were waiting to rip Beakhyun apart.

 

Baekhyun backed off until his back was meeting the cold wall. Chanyeol…

 

The beast crawled to Baekhyun and in a flash a whip-like tail with six plaits was growing out of his back and hit Baekhyun in a blink of an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter