Chapter 3

Tree of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

 

Baekhyun wanted to visit Chanyeol at home but how could he manage that? There wasn’t any time when he was alone. Chanyeol would always be nearby and like that the surprise would fail. He wanted to surprise Chanyeol badly and would give everything in order to see a surprised face on Chanyeol just once. That would make is day perfect, Baekhyun guessed.

Also, Baekhyun didn’t know why, but he felt visiting Chanyeols home would answer some of his questions he had concerning the taller. But going there while Chanyeol was informed, wouldn’t solve any mystery he had. Baekhyun spend some days thinking about whether and how he could manage to get there without Chanyeol knowing until he found a way.

At a warm night, he went out of the dorm and made his way to Chanyeols address. At night was the only time, Baekhyun knew there wasn’t any Chanyeol, so he’d to visit him at night. He would call him in front of his house and would ask him to let him in. And because he’s the guardian of fire and here to protect me he can’t otherwise than let me in.

Chanyeols home was in a nice district. Every house was pretty and had a little or big yard. Most of the houses stood for many years while a few were just build up a few years ago with the effort to match to the old charm of this district. Baekhyun looked at his note again. Chanyeols home was near, it took him only a few steps until he reached the noted address.

Baekhyun checked the address twice as he stood in front of a huge gate that was surrounded with a hedge not less tall. Behind the gate was a beautiful yard with lots of plants and even a Cherry tree was blooming at the side. The house itself was more a villa than a house. It was all white, had three floors and a conservatory. But that was everything Baekhyun could see. He somewhat felt disappointed although he’d never thought Chanyeol would live this big. But what had he imagined his home would look like? Maybe more like a home that would look like it fits to someone who calls himself guardian of fire?

He took his phone to call Chanyeol. Time passed as he stood in front of the gate and Chanyeol wasn’t answering at all. So what Park Chanyeol? What if I’m in danger now and you won’t talk to me! I could die anytime soon and you won’t be happy because it’s your fault by not answering my call. He tried again. Be patient. He’s sleeping for sure.

“Hello there, what are you doing here?”

Surprised, Baekhyun turned around to see a tall stranger. A really beautiful one, Baekhyun had to admit. He looked a little bit bored or like he was just not really interested in Baekhyun. “N…nothing.” Okay it really didn’t look like it was nothing. But at least Baekhyun didn’t try to break in. “I’m just waiting for a friend.”

The light brown-haired men chuckled. “Is that so? Who is it?”

“Like you would know him.” Baekhyun crossed his arms and examined the stranger. He was tall and had a blank look on his face. He wore a button down and tight jeans with some sneakers. His hair looked a bit messy but it had something that made the man attractive. Baekhyun would say this guy was handsome.

“I can tell him when I go in.”, he said and searched for the right key on his key ring.

“You’re living here?”

“Would I have the keys if I won’t?”

“Are you his brother?” So Chanyeol had a brother, this guy looked younger than Chanyeol, so maybe it was his younger brother.

“I don’t know. I don’t even know who you’re talking about.” He’d found his key.

“Park Chanyeol. Please tell him I’m here waiting for him.”

“Then we’re brothers.”

“Oh really? I’m a fellow student of him and we…had an appointment now.”

The taller laughed. “It’s in the middle of the night!” He unlocked the gate and went in just to close it as Baekhyun tried to slip in. “I will tell him that his date is waiting in front of our house.”

“Not date! I’m not his date!”

“Why would the two of you meet in the middle of the night if it wasn’t a date? I will tell him that his cutie is waiting here and tell him that a gentleman is going to his loves house and not the other way around.”

“I said it’s not!”

“Just wait here sweetie.”

“Who are you even?!” Baekhyun hated this guy. What was he thinking? He would never date Park Chanyeol, never in thousand years. This guy was as stupid and dumb as Chanyeol was. It runs in the family, Baekhyun thought.

“Oh Sehun!”, the taller said and went in.

“Oh Sehun.”, Baekhyun mumbled. Wait. OH Sehun? How was it even possible for them to be brothers? Maybe he was adopted like Baekhyun was? But he seemed to know Chanyeol and he would tell him that Baekhyun was waiting outside. Soon Chanyeol would come to him and take him in. Maybe he would be angry at him for wandering around in the middle of the night, but he would come and get him.

 

A few minutes had passed when the door opened. A small figure slipped out of the door and came to him, it was Kyungsoo. “Baekhyun.”, he said with his deep voice. “What are you doing here in the middle of the night?”

“I’m…I’m waiting for Chanyeol. I want to see him.” And he really did. Baekhyun didn’t know why but he felt the urge to see the other now, that he’d waited for such a long time with no response of his guardian. He’d waited far too long for him to appear. Normally the Chanyeol he knew would have been here after one minute or less. Maybe he would have waited for him at the gate before he even arrived.

“He’s sleeping dear. Let him rest.”

“Rest? Has something happened to him?”

Kyungsoo blinked. “No, no! It’s just you shouldn’t wake him. He needs his sleep like every other person in the world.”

“Sehun said he wanted to tell him that I’m here.”

Kyungsoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter