Chapter 5

Tree of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

 

It was a rainy day and Baekhyun wasn’t that happy that he’d to go out now. But he wanted to go home, staying in the fraternity office wouldn’t made any sense anyway. The black-haired grabbed his bag and took is umbrella out of the holder. As he left the room he locked the door. It was 4 p.m. and half of the day was still ahead so Baekhyun considered about calling Chanyeol. They could go to the cafeteria, Baekhyun hadn’t eat anything since morning and felt his stomach grumble.

He opened the Umbrella as a warm spring rain met his head. It wasn’t like he disliked rain, but he thought rain made things more complicated. You would never have both hands, because one would always be holding an umbrella and if you’re not really prepared for rain your feet might get wet as well. What he loved was the sound of rain patter on his window at night or while sitting in a warm café with a warm drink. Rain could be romantic.

Baekhyun took out his phone and wanted to call Chanyeol as he saw the taller across the building with another tall man, who he’d seen before. He’d long legs, a slender body and broad shoulders, all in one a very attractive man. What was his name again? Sehun, Baekhyun thought. He asked himself whether to go up to them or not, but they seemed to be fighting. Both, Chanyeols and Sehuns faces looked angry and they were discussing something Baekhyun couldn’t understand.

The curiosity in Baekhyun pushed him a few steps forward but he was held back from a small hand. “Hello Baekhyun.” As Baekhyun turned around he looked in a pair of big deep brown eyes. Those eyes were special, Baekhyun would notice them around thousands of eyes. “Kyungsoo.”

The dark-haired guy smiled. “It’s me. Want to come with me? I’m hungry and don’t want to eat alone.”

Baekhyun nodded. That was his plan anyway. “Yes, but maybe we’re asking Chanyeol and Sehun, too?” He pointed at the two men, still arguing.

Kyungsoo stopped Baekhyun with a wave of his hand. “They’ve to discuss something and send me away, too. Let’s just go together, they will come when they want.” He took Baekhyuns hand and panned him.

Baekhyun laughed lightly. He’d never seen Kyungsoo so demanding. It was another side of Chanyeols usually quiet friend. “But I want to eat noodles. I love Italian food!”, Baekhyun grinned.

“I would like to have some, too.”

 

As expected the noodles were a brilliant choice. Baekhyun loved eating them and was even happier that Kyungsoo seemed to love them as well. “They know how to make them!”, he praised the cafeteria and Baekhyun couldn’t disagree to that.

“You know, you would never get Chanyeol eating at the cafeteria!”, Kyungsoo said as he took a sip of his water next to him. Although he was eating Bolognese and had a piece of chocolate cake next to him, he said that he should at least drink water to keep it a little bit healthy. Baekhyun on the other hand had Carbonara, a piece of chocolate cake and coke, after the Carbonara and the chocolate cake it was too late for a healthy dinner anyway. “Why wouldn’t he come?”

“He hates canteen. He insists on eating in small cafés or restaurants because there they ‘cherish the food’.”

Baekhyun blinked. He didn’t know that about the redhead, but there were many things he didn’t know about him anyway. “So, I guess he doesn’t like McDonalds or Burger King as well.” How sad. Baekhyun loved visiting this fast food restaurants from time to time.

“Call me dumb, but he likes them. Weird and inconsequent, I know. But that’s him. You can’t think he wouldn’t like that, because he doesn’t like this.”

Baekhyun laughed. “Indeed, he’s a weird person.”

Kyungsoo nodded. “But what I can tell clearly is that he likes being with you. His smile is so warm when he’d hung out with you. Really, it’s really something one must see.”

Baekhyun blushed and felt how his face heated up. “We’d a lot of fun lately. It’s because of that I think.”

Kyungsoo nodded and pierced in his noodles with his fork. “It seems like you’re destined for each other.”, he said and looked at Baekhyun with a strange expression he hadn’t seen on Chanyeols friend before. Baekyhun didn’t know how to react and just laughed a little bit. “I mean, he’s a lot happier, Baekhyun. And I think you’re enjoying your time as well?”

“Of course! At first, I thought he was a dumb idiot who heaven had send to annoy me. But I grew to like him.”

“Yeah. He was a little too straight forward to you. I said that to him, too. But I’m glad it worked out somewhat.”

“So now that we both know that I’m close to Chanyeol and maybe a little closer to you, may I come to visit you at home?” he had to try it. Maybe Kyungsoo would allow him to visit them.

Kyungsoo looked up found out of guard. “What?”

“I thought your home looked quiet cool. I really want to visit you there.” Ever since Baekhyun was at the villa he thought about it. Yes, he wanted to be sure that Chanyeol wasn’t anything hiding there, but he wanted to see how he lived as well.

“We’re not living there alone Baekhyun. I think we have to ask first.”

“Why? I don’t think Sehun would be mad with me showing up.”

Kyungsoo shook his head. “It’s not that. Including Chanyeol and myself we’re living there with eight guys.”

Baekhyun swallowed up. “Eight?!”

Kyungsoo laughed. “It’s a villa. Maybe your parents could get you a villa to live there alone. We need at least eight to pay the costs. Nine would be better and it would be really easy as tweleve.”

“Is there so much room for twelve?”

Kyungsoo nodded. “Of course, there is.”

“And why aren’t you looking for roommates?”

“I guess it’s because we’re all a little distinct. It’s easier to live with eight guys who’re knowing each other very well.”

“You got a point there. Nevertheless, I would love to visit you at home.”, Baekhyun smiled and began eating his cake.

“I will tell the others, okay? Maybe you can come around then.”

Baekhyun nodded and smiled widely. “Thanks!”

Baekhyuns phone rang and he read the message showing up. “Chanyeol want to watch some movies with me.”

“It’s okay. I want to go to the library after eating.”

“You can come with us, if you want to. I’m sure Chanyeol wouldn’t mind.”

Kyungsoo shook his head. “No, you go alone. Go and light up his life.”, Kyungsoo said and formed a heart shaped smile with his lips. Why is this guy so adorable? Baekhyun thought.

 

 

 

“As you wished! Hot chips for a hot night!”, Chanyeol grinned while holding up a bag with the hottest chips he could find.

“A hot night?” The smaller chuckled and let the other come into his room.

“Of course, it has to be a hot one.”

“Why?” Baekhyun opened the bag and gave the chips in a bowl.

“Because you and me in one room…”, he said with a voice, that Baekhyun would describe as throaty. He didn’t want Chanyeol to continue speaking, because everything in Baekhyuns mind could just lead to one thing. “…and with Star Wars!” Chanyeol hold the Star Wars trilogy up.

“Star Wars…”, the black-haired flabbergasted. There wasn’t any erted things coming out of Chanyeols mouth. It seemed that Baekhyun was the only one who thought that maybe Chanyeol would say something erted. But all he wanted was looking a Star Wars movie. It wasn’t Baekhyuns favorite when he’d seen it as a kid. But he would give it another try.

“I thought you like it, because you said you liked superpowers. I thought that some jedi knights would make you happy as well.”

“Just because someone likes sup

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter