Chapter 15

Tree of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15

 

As soon as Baekhyun and Kyungsoo came out of the dorm the boy hugged the black-haired, who didn’t know what to do and looked to Kyungsoo, searching for help. The younger smiled lightly and shrugged. “You were very close to Tao back then.”, he answered and took the weekender from his fried. “Let’s go to the villa before this man isn’t frozen anymore.”

“But...you don’t want to fight him? We’ve a chance now. He hurt you!”

Kyungsoo shook his head. “Let’s go. We can’t do that.”

“But why? Why, Kyungsoo?”

“Because he’s not only the red force, he’s a friend.”

“A friend wouldn’t do something like this to you!”

“I will explain this later. Baekhyun, you need to come with me, now.”

Baekhyun didn’t want to. He wanted to know why he had to go with him, he wanted to know so much more. But he felt that Tao was taking his hand and took a few steps to Kyungsoo. “Come…”, he said with a soft voice. “Baekhyun, let’s go…home…”

The black-haired sighed and followed them.

“But Kyungsoo. Why did he hurt you and not me?”, answer me at least this one question!”

“He took control over my power, tried to steal it from me. Now I know how you felt…”, he smiled lightly.

 

When Kyungsoo opened the door to the villa, Junmyeon and Sehun rushed out of the living room. They looked at them shocked when they saw Kyungsoo and Baekhyun enter the house.

“What. Baekhyun! You’ve texted us that you need help two seconds ago!”, Junmyeon shouted out.

“Uhm…actually I wrote that about an hour ago.”, he mumbled and smiled being sorry.

“I guess he’d blocked our signal.”, Kyungsoo mumbled.

“Are you two okay?”, Sehun asked concerned. “Should I get Lay?”

“Everything’s fine.”, Kyungsoo smiled and looked to Baekhyun. “We’ve brought someone with us!”

Baekhyun looked back. Tao had hidden himself behind his legs and looked at Junmyeon and Sehun when he got that Kyungsoo was talking about him.

“Hello…Suho, Sehun…” The boy smiled shy and stepped to the side that his friends could see him.

“Oh my god! It’s Tao!!!!”, Luhan burst out and run from the living room over to him, hugging him tight. “Where have you been? How are you? And why are you even younger than me???”

“Luhan…why are you a Teenager…?”, Tao asked confused and watched his friend.

“I? Oh! That’s a long story!! But what happened to you?!”

“I don’t know exactly but I guess it’s a long story, too?”

This was the first time Baekhyun felt that he wasn’t the only one who was confused. Junmyeon and Sehun seemed to be as uninformed as he was. Tao turned around to Baekhyun. He searched for something in his pockets and handled an envelope to Baekhyun. “I don’t know what’s in there. But I must have written it for you Baekhyun.”, he said and sighed. “I can’t really remember what happened. All I know is that I was searching for you since I’m…kidlike.”

Baekhyun looked at the envelope. Why was this a letter for him? On the back of the envelope was written: To Baekhyun, From Tao. “Should I open it? Maybe it can help?”

Junmyeon nodded. “But let’s go to the living room.”

When they entered the room, Lay was lying on the couch. He looked at them confused and to Baekhyun Yixing seemed to be sleepy. “Sorry for waking you up, Lay.”, he said and sat down on the armchair.

“T-Tao…?”

The kid smiled at the unicorn. “It’s me Lay! Don’t ask me why, I don’t know anything either.”

“okay…?”, Yixing said confused and made room for the others to sit.

Tao was climbing up to Baekhyuns lap. Baekhyun felt a little confused, but Kyungsoo had said, that they were close, so he let Tao pass. Carefully he opened the envelope and took out the letter.

“It’s from Tao, obviously.”, he said and looked to his friends. “Should I read it out loud?”

Junmyeon nodded. “Yes, please.” He had his arm around Yixing he was leaning against his chest, still a little sleepy.

“Okay, I will read it know.” The black-haired could feel the tension in the room when he began to read.

My dear Baekhyun,

I’m so sorry for being this stupid, but I know you will understand me. I can’t let the man I love walk down this horrible path. Although he made his choice I’m sure he was mind washed or at least blackmailed. You wouldn’t let go of Chanyeol, when you were in our situation, would you?

I’m writing you, because I made a huge mistake. The night I left, I met Kris. It was like seeing my love after a long war. His hair, his eyes, his skin, his lips…I felt attracted to everything. A wanted to be near, to feel him. At this moment, all I wanted was to get something from him to remember our meeting. I thought about getting one of his earrings that we’d bought back then, when everything was alright or his necklace that gleamed so beautiful.

I could talk to him and somehow, he seemed to be normal, he seemed to miss me, Baekhyun. I felt like crying, talking to him. I told him how we miss him and that he needs to go back to us. That I need him, that he’s my everything…

He said, there is something he’d to show me before he could come back with me. I was so stupid believing him, but that’s how it is being in love, right? When we went to this cave, I felt my power decreasing. Baekhyun, while I’m writing this I’m not able to control time anymore. But that’s not important, important is that this letter will find its way to you, no matter what!

Look, the truth is, right now I’m a prisoner of Kris. He comes to me at least once a day, he kisses me, says he loves me. He tries to make me change sides. I’m not giving in. I love him so much, but because I do I can’t take the same path as he did. I need to save him. But I fear I won’t be able to do this. He becomes violent against me whenever I’m not willing in. I fear he’s up to something and I don’t know if I’m able to help you any longer, Baekhyun.

He forces me to drink things. Once I got blind for one day, or my left hand felt numb. But he isn’t satisfied with it. I will get something to drink today again. Is it dumb to not be afraid? Stupid me still thinks that Kris didn’t want to hurt me. He wants to “change my mind” with those drinks. That’s what he says. I fear that maybe…although I don’t want to…I will change my mind soon. I’m sorry, Baekhyun…

But the reason why I’m writing this, what you need to know: It’s him inside. It’s Kris, you can’t hurt him! The red force isn’t Kris, although we thought that. He’s getting orders from something, I don’t know what the red force is or if it even has a body. But it’s not Kris. Listen Baekhyun, please! It’s not Kris, you can’t hurt him, he’s a victim. Make sure that nobody of you will use his power to hurt Kris!

I’m hearing footsteps. He’s coming soon. I need to stop writing. So please, Baekhyun, whatever is happening to me, you can’t hurt him. I’m begging you…

Don’t look for me. I might be lost since long ago..

 

Baekhyun looked up to the others. “The letter ends here.” Although he’d read everything he didn’t feel any wiser.

While Baekhyun was reading the letter, Kyungsoo had been in the kitchen and made tea for them. He’d given everyone a cup of hot tea and put some sweets one the table while listening to Baekhyuns reading. “This explains a lot.”, he mumbled to himself.

“So…you weren’t kidnaped, Tao.”, Junmyeon said relieved. “We really thought the red force had kidnaped you and killed you…”

Tao smiled lightly, feeling sorry. “I can’t remember what I did. But hearing this, it really sounds like I did that. When I met him at the dorm…no matter what he did to me…I still love him.”

“But Tao, you’ve your power back!”, Luhan said who was sitting on Sehuns lap,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter