Chapter 2

Tree of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

 

The following days went by all the same. Baekhyun took his lessons, did some work at the fraternity, did is homework in the library and went home. It could have been his normal life he’d ever lived. But there was one exception, Chanyeol. Soon he found out that the redhead and Kyungsoo were in every lesson he visited. It seemed like they’d the same interests and timetable. First, they tried to sit next to him but eventually gave up as Baekhyun would stand up and seat down at another row whenever they tried. 

Being in every lesson with them wasn’t all. Regardless of whether he did do his homework, read a book on the park bench, eating in the cafeteria or just walking around, Chanyeol would be nearby. Baekhyun asked him why he was always in the same place than himself but just got as an answer ‘to protect you’ – Baekhyun should have known that such a thing would come out of his mouth. At least, Chanyeol didn’t try to share the day with him, he just obeyed him from away. But then again, to Baekhyun Chanyeol seemed to be a stalker who didn’t even tried to hide his crime.

A nice sideffect of Chanyeol observing him was, that the taller knew when he needed something, especially coffee.  Chanyeol became something like a coffeeguy for him. He would bring him his cup to the first lesson of the day and to the last as well. Sometimes he even bought him some pastry to eat. This happened every time Chanyeol thought that he should eat more, because he looked underweight. The first time he did this Baekhyun ended up watching at his silhouette in his room. Too skinny? Maybe. Underweight? Never.

Baekhyun sighed as he sat in the library. He couldn’t concentrate although he sat at the back where nobody was who could have distracted him. Although he was sure Chanyeol would be somewhere around too, he felt quiet alone what was perfect for reading a book that’s hard to read. But somehow, he couldn’t manage to concentrate. Little Chanyeols went up and down his brain, giving him coffee, cookies and – what was the strangest thing – hugged him. This paired up with his thoughts always drifting away to the redhead gave him a headache and made reading this book impossible.

He sighed and massaged his temples. Whenever his thoughts were at the taller too much, he started to feel the pain in his head. That must have been because Chanyeol was an unratable human that liked to go on his nerves, daily. Baekhyun looked at the with stucco ornamented plafond of the old library. The ceiling light began to flicker. Now that even the lamp gave up he should as well. He bundled up his Rilakuma Pencil and notepad and put the book back where it stood. Then he left the library.

On his way home he felt somewhat observed. He bet Chanyeol was following him again a few steps behind. There wasn’t even one day he could go home without being followed by the redhead and because of that he didn’t bother to look back. It was a given fact Chanyeol would be there. They’d spring and the semester ended soon. Baekhyun had to register for the exams soon and he’d to make decisions where he wanted to write essays. This were the things Baekhyun should concentrate, not Park Chanyeol.

Suddenly he began to shudder. Wasn’t it supposed to be spring? So why exactly did he feel like freezing? Baekhyun blow on his hands in hope to make them feel warm and gaped as he saw his breath coming out of his mouth. This shouldn’t be, Baekhyun thought. That’s not normal. We have ing spring. Baekhyun wrapped his arms around his body. Why was it getting that cold all of a sudden? He began to shiver.

 

“Baekhyun!”, Chanyeol shouted and went up to him. “How are you? We haven’t talked much the last days.”

Please no. Not yet. All he wanted was to go home, he felt incredibly cold.

“You know what? I thought I could stay with you today and we could watch a movie or something. I bet I haven’t looked a good movie for a long time now.”

Baekhyun wanted to shoo him away. He hadn’t the strength to handle him right now. But as he felt Chanyeol laying an arm around his shoulders and cradled him, he felt the warmth of Chanyeols crawling up his body. He sighed in relieve and relaxed again. Maybe he would let Chanyeol bring him home at least.

When Baekhyun looked up to his backing he noticed something strange. Normal, Chanyeols eyes would have focused on him but now he gazed around them while talking. “It’s cold today, isn’t it?”

Baekhyun nodded. “Yes, it just became cold. I don’t know why.”

“Sometimes the weather behaves strangely.” There was some tension that Baekhyun could hear in his voice. “But don’t worry. I’m the guardian of fire. Where else would it be warm, if not next to me?”, Chanyeol grinned nonchalantly and let his hand above Baekhyuns upper arm. Baekhyun felt annoyed again, but Chanyeols warmth was what he desired more, so he let Chanyeols statement go.

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol sat on the floor in Baekhyuns room, the smaller one cuddled up in is favorite blanked. It was the only thing that was left from his life before he got fifteen. The only reliquial that reminded him that he wasn’t born with fifteen and the only leftover he has from his real parents. At least he thought he could have got it from his natural parents. He’s lost his memory of all years that were before his fifteens. Sometimes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter