Chapter 12

Tree of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12

 

There were many questions left when Baekhyun had left the villa and was brought back to the dorm by Chanyeol yesterday. But they refused to tell him anything more. Yixing wanted everything to sink in Baekhyuns mind first. He said it would be easier for him to get to know everything step by step and that they should pause.

Maybe it was better like this. Still after a long night thinking about everything they’d told them, he couldn’t forget that he’s the reason why Luhan died. He was a murder, wasn’t he? And he thought that only because Luhan is a guardian he was brought back to life. But still, everything was too blurry for Baekhyun. He wanted to believe in Suhos words, he wanted to believe that he has superpowers and he wanted to trust Chanyeol and his actions, but even now everything felt like a fantasy story they’d told him.

Baekhyun sighed and cuddled up more in his old blanket, when it suddenly knocked on his door. The black-haired stood up and went to open it when he saw Chanyeol smiling brightly at him holding up a picnic basket. “Hey Sun, wanna go out for a picnic?”

“Chanyeol…” Baekhyun smiled, he felt somewhat happy that the taller one was not only looking after him after what happened yesterday but was visiting him. “Come in.” He took a step back and let Chanyeol enter the room.

“Normal people would picnic somewhere outside, you know?”, Chanyeol laughed and sat down on Baekhyuns bed.

“I know, I know. I just need to wear something else than this. I can’t go out like that.”, Baekhyun mumbled while he searched for a Jeans and a loose shirt.

“I think you’re pretty no matter what clothes you’re wearing.”, Chanyeol grinned nonchalantly and gave him a shirt that laid on Baekhyuns bed. “Take this, it’s pretty on you.”

Baekhyun blushed slightly, took the shirt and was about to leave to the bathroom when he stopped. “Am I…going to get more information today?”

Chanyeol wrinkled his nose and shook his head. “Lay doesn’t want you to. I don’t know when you will get any more, but obviously I’m here for a picnic rather than making you a headache.”

“I don’t care about my head. I want to get everything clear, you know?”, he sighed and left to the bathroom. Maybe he could ask Chanyeol one or two questions later. He had to try it even if the taller wouldn’t tell him, he would have at least tried it.

While Baekhyun was changing his clothes something about Chanyeol today his attention. Usually when they met Chanyeol was wearing huge hoodies or jumpers and comfortable jeans. This was Chanyeols style and it perfectly matched his easy-going nature. But did he just wear a button-down? Like if he’d styled himself for today. Baekhyun shook his head. This must mean nothing. Maybe he’s gone out of hoodies right now…

After Baekhyun was ready both left the dorm and went to the little park nearby where they used to spend some free time. Baekhyun couldn’t help but smile at Chanyeols new appearance. It was something completely different, but it looked so good on the taller. It made him something more charming than he’d been. But on the same time the shirt didn’t look too stiff on him. The redhead knew how to wear even button-downs in a casual way.

Chanyeol opened the picnic rug and sat down on it. Baekhyun did the same while Chanyeol took out all the little and yummy things of the basket. “Mango Mochi~”, Baekhyun laughed and sat down next to Chanyeol.

“I know what you love, Sun.” He took out a Mochi and held it in front of Baekhyuns mouth. “Ah~”

Baekhyun giggled but opened his mouth willingly. Some can’t refuse a Mango Mochi, even less when Chanyeol wanted to feed you.

“I’ve made some coffee and brought some sweets and stuff…so it’s not like a full meal. I hope this is okay for you?”, Chanyeol asked while Baekhyun was still chewing his Mochi. Because of his full mouth the smaller just nodded and smiled at Chanyeol. “I’m not that good in cooking, you know? Chen or Kyungsoo are the ones in charge for preparing meal.”

Baekhyun was happy to be with Chanyeol whenever the taller would visit him. It felt so natural right away and now…since yesterday Baekhyun knew why it was like this. They’d known each other for such a long time, but unfortunately Baekhyun has lost all his memory. He didn’t even know his relationship with anybody in the villa. Were they good friends? Or had he had frights with some of them? They all seemed to be so caring when it came to Baekhyun that it was hard to imagine that he’d some conflicts with them in the past.

“Chanyeol…?”

“Hm?”, the taller asked and was eating a Mochi also.

Baekhyun fought against himself, not sure if he could ask Chanyeol private things or if he even should. He closed his eyes and laid down on the blanket with putting his head onto Chanyeols legs. Looking up to him he reached out to Chanyeols cheek with his hand. His thumb rubbed some of the powder from the mochi from his check. “I know you don’t want me to ask any questions…but…were we friends back then…?”, he smiled lightly. Baekhyun knew he wouldn’t get many information from Chanyeol but he wanted to know his relationship to Chanyeol, at least.

The redhead found out off guard blinked and it took a few moments for him to say anything. “Baekhyun…it’s a sensitive question.”

“Why?”, Baekhyun asked curious. “All I want to know is if we were good friends. I really need to know this…”

“I can’t talk about that now. This wouldn’t be right. When you finally remember you will know why.”

“But I won’t, Chanyeol. You’ve told me so much yesterday, but I can’t remember anything of this. There’s just nothing.”

Chanyeol nodded. “It needs time, but I’m sure your memory will come back some day. Until then, let’s not talk about our past relationship. Let’s focus on the here and now.”

“We fought a lot, didn’t we?”, Baekhyun mumbled. “Maybe we hated each other.”

“What? Where comes that idea from?”

“I don’t know. You don’t want to tell me anything and you seem to be so guilty towards me. Maybe because we’d a fight before. All this happened and you’re watching over me because you feel sorry.”

Chanyeol blinked and began to laugh. “This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard coming out of your little mouth.”

Baekhyun pouted. “Is it? Then tell me at least why!”

“Because no one was closer than the both of us.”, Chanyeol round and looked down into Baekhyuns eyes. “We’ve many memories together Baekhyun and I wish you would remember all of them. It would make things easier for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter