Chapter 21

Tree of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 21

 

Baekhyun was at the Campus. He’d written a letter to step down from his position as a member of the fraternity. Somehow, he got the feeling that he won’t ever come back to this place once they would have left to the lost planet.

Baekhyun sight and lend over the wooden bridge which wasn’t far away from his dormitory. He’d settled everything…nearly. The blonde looked at his phone in his hands with mixed feelings. Of course, he was sad about leaving his old life, but he was glad as well. Glad that his parents haven’t become part of his past which’d become his present again. But then again, he had to find a way to part from them. He had to call them.

How he wished to be Hermione. She had the strength to erase the memories of her from his parents. But Baekhyun wasn’t a wizard nor did he know one. He wasn’t even sure that wizards existed in any dimension he knew. There was only one choice left: He had to say goodbye for good.

“Baekhyun…” The guardian of light knew this voice more than anything. “Chanyeol…”

“I was looking for you. You said you have to settle things...?”

Baekhyun nodded lightly. “I did. But…there is one thing left.”, Baekhyun mumbled and opened his contacts. When he opened the entry ‘Beg-end’ Chanyeol sight.

“Your parents?”

Baekhyun nodded. “I guess…it’s time to say goodbye…”

“It’s better to part from them now. If we don’t survive…they will be left looking their whole lives for their son, who is dead but can’t be found…” Baekhyun heard in the tallers voice that speaking about their possible death wasn’t easy for him. But he was right. Of course, none of them wanted to die, they all had dreams, they all wished for a peaceful future, but they weren’t disillusioned. They were entering the lions cage with nothing more to defend than a bread knife.

“I…I wish just…that I wouldn’t have to.”, Baekhyun mumbled. “They don’t know anything. Telling them that I’ve found my true parents and that I don’t want to hear from them ever again…” He sniffed at the thought of breaking their hearts. “It’s cruel and unfair…they deserve better.”

Chanyeol nodded again. “They do.”

“Can I…can I tell them, that I have a really nice boyfriend and that they don’t have to look for me, because you’re with me?”

“Of course…”

Baekhyun was about to call them, when Chanyeol grabbed his phone. When Baekhyun looked confused at his boyfriend, Chanyeol smiled a little. “Let’s go into your room, okay?”

“Why?”

“Just follow me. This talk shouldn’t be made here. It’s so private that you should do it at the home, your parents are thinking is your home now.”

Chanyeol was right. He was going to break their hearts and he was sure, that his parents wouldn’t let him go off easily with something like this. Perhaps he was going to discuss a lot. Baekhyun knew he wouldn’t be able to brush them off.

When they came into his room, Baekhyun sat on his bed. He waited for Chanyeol to give him back his phone, but he sat next to him with Baekhyuns tablet in his hands.

“Let’s make a video call. I want them to see your beautiful and trustworthy boyfriend.”

Baekhyun blushed. “I…I can’t just say ‘hey. This is my boyfriend, but you won’t see me ever again.’ They will hate you. This is not what I wanted to do when I thought about mention you.”

Chanyeol laughed. “Just talk to them, and introduce us. Let me take the lead of the talk.”

Baekhyun was thankful for Chanyeols help. How would he be able to say such ugly words after all they did for him? They raised him and they loved him as if he was their own child. “Thank you…”

“It’s okay, Sun. I’m with you.” Chanyeol smiled as he pushed the button for video-call.

Baekhyun was nervous. He hadn’t even ever imagined introducing his boyfriend to his parents. Now he needed to, and he was about to say goodbye at the same time. This sounded awful, being a guardian was an excuse for many things but for those? There wasn’t much time left for his thoughts when the call was answered.

“Baekhyunnie~ We haven’t heard for you in a long time!” A beautiful lady answered the call scolding her son. She had brown hair which began to get grey at some points. Although she scolded Baekhyun, she had a warm smile on her lips that hugged Baekhyun the moment she saw him. “We tried to call you last week, to hear from you, but we couldn’t reach you. We were in sorrow, you know? And what is this? You’re blonde now?”

Baekhyun gulped and run with his hand through his hair. That was the time he’d so much trouble with controlling his power. He was practicing a lot that he’d forgotten to call them back. “Right the hair…”, he mumbled. “I’m sorry. I was ill. I’d seen that you called me, but I must have forgotten to call you back.”

The aged woman shook his head. “You should have called your mother. Mothers want to know if their child is ill. They would take care of it, if they let them, you know?”

“I know…I’m sorry.”

Chanyeol grinned a little. “Ma’am? I can promise you that I’d took good care of your son. I looked after him and made him take his medicine and drink and eat enough.”

Miss Byun looked confused to Chanyeol. “Oh! I’m sorry, how did I behave? Hello…uhm…are you a friend of Baekhyunnie?”

Baekhyun wanted to introduce Chanyeol to her, but Chanyeols mouth was way faster. “Hello Miss Byun! I’m Chanyeol, Bae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter