Chapter 19

Tree of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 19

 

„Baekhyun, would you please not?”, Chanyeol whispered into his boyfriend’s ear while they were eating breakfast with the other guardians. Since Baekhyun woke up he was clingy as hell which drove Chanyeol nuts and he had to pull all his senses together to not drag Baekhyun up into his room again. As cute Baekhyun could be as a tease he was, and he knew it. Right now the blonde was playing footsie with him.

“Uhm? I’ve missed you Yeolie. I feel best while being near to you.” Baekhyun smiled cutely and ate his Nutella toast. “It’s not like you wouldn’t know how I feel.”, he said and liked the chocolate from his lips.

Chanyeol sighed. “Of course, I know how this feel! But I didn’t even talk to you for five years although the demand to touch you got stronger and stronger.”

Baekhyun knew what Chanyeol was about to explain, but the blonde loved twisting words too much. “So, you don’t like me doing it.”, he mumbled and looked kind of hurt at Chanyeol whose face turned blank for a brief moment.

“Sun, it’s not like that. You know exactly what I meant.”

“Then it should be okay to you if I go on.” Baekhyun smiled again and played footsie with Chanyeol again. The taller only sighed and shook his head. Fully pleasured Baekhyun exegeted his play a little too much and hit Sehun with his foot.

The taller rose one eyebrow and looked at Baekhyun. “What’s wrong?”

“Uhm…nothing, I just hit you by accident.”

Sehun nodded. “And I thought you wanted me to hurry that we can go back to training as fast as possible.”

“You’re going to train again, today?”, Luhan asked curious. The slight stiff expression didn’t remain undetected by Baekhyun.

“Yeah. You’re he needs to control his power as soon as possible.”

“Can I come with you?”

“Actually, I thought you would go with us, Luhan. We need more people to find as much splinter as possible.”, Jongdae said and smiled warmly. “You’re your full self now and would be a lot of help, you know?”

“I don’t want. I want to spend the day with Sehunnie…” Baekhyun couldn’t else than to find the face Luhan was doing right now so adorable. Baekhyun thought Luhan himself was a really cool person and totally adorable when it came to his love for Sehun. Luhan was a person who went all in, and so he did with Sehun.

“Luhan, please go with Jongdae. You won’t be much help for Sehun or Baekhyun.”, Suho demanded, you could see that the discussion was closed for him. Luhan seemed to have noticed this as well because the only thing Baekhyun heard was a silent “Tz…” before the taller continued eating.

 

For an hour now Baekhyun was practicing using his powers on targets again while Sehun was watching him. Sometimes he gave some tips how he could focus his power better but all in one he was improving fast. “Indeed, that’s my true talent! Catching up things really fast!”, Baekhyun blew his own trumpet, expecting some diss from Sehun but there was none.

When the blonde turned around to his teacher he found the beautiful man standing there and watching him, but his mind was in a far away place. “What’s wrong, Sehunnie?”

Spoken smirked. “You truly remember things, don’t you?”

“Do you thought I would lie over this?”, Baekhyun laughed and drank from the water bottle he got from the ground.

“Aren’t you afraid?”

“Uhm?”

“That Chanyeol will be in danger again? He went with Jongin, Jongdae and Luhan, didn’t he?”

Baekhyun nodded. “Yes. He wanted to help them. They will be out by now. But why should I? They are doing this for years now. Yes, he got…I mean the last time they were out it didn’t go well for them, but how high is the chance that it will happen again?”

“You’re too positive. But that’s the good thing about you. Always positive.” Sehun said and through Baekhyuns disheveled hair making the blonde smile.

“I guess you’re afraid something might happen to Luhan?”

“Yes. He knows what he’s doing, but maybe he’s a little too short tempered.”

“Oh, how he is…”, Baekhyun sighed. “I fear I might never be more than some kind of coworker to him.”

Sehun laughed. “You’re really thinking that? How funny, Luhan talks highly about you, Baek.”

“He does?”

Sehun sat down and demanded Baekhyun to set next to him. “He’s the one defending you, when I blamed you for his death. We were talking about it after he explained how it happened. He made me promise not to be angry at you anymore.”

Baekhyun watched his feet and clacked his shoes at each other while listening.

“I think he’s kind of looking up to you. And he would be your fan number one when we wouldn’t have this…history together.”

Baekhyuns finger began to detach the etiquette of the bottle. He began feeling uneasy. He never liked talking about this.

“That’s the reason while he wanted to come with us today and looked for us yesterday.”

“I thought as much…”

Sehun nodded and Baekhyun felt his eyes lying on him.

“Some might say he’s jealous, but he isn’t. He just fears that I get hurt again by spending time with you.”

“Look, Sehun. I’m really sorry. I didn’t want none of that! It’s just fate playing its own game without asking us.”

“I know that, Baek. I know.”

Baekhyun smiled lightly. “Maybe things would have worked out for us, if…”

“You weren’t bound on a soulmate.”

Baekhyun nodded. “I…loved you Sehun and when you’ve loved someone for years there will always be some love left. But Chanyeol is my future and after I became a guardian and met him…there was no going back. I know I messed things up badly. I should have handled it better. I would have owed that to you.”

“You should have. But I forgave you many years ago for that. I learned that it wasn’t a selfish act of yours. I got to understand what soulmates mean. It’s not like my fate is to have one, but I learned by looking and you and Chanyeol…or at Kyungsoo and Jongin. And after that I got why you couldn’t…control yourself.”

Baekhyun sighed. “Don’t be too nice to me. I still messed up.”

Sehun laughed. “I said you did! But just because you messed up you didn’t have to have wanted all this.” He shrugged and smiled. “Also, if I wouldn’t have been in such a despair when the tree of life chose me as a new guardian…weeks after he recruited you, I wouldn’t have found to Luhan. So…there is also a good thing in it.”

“And you’re saying I like to see things positive.”

“I’ve learned from the best.”

Baekhyun smiled shyly. Sehun still could make him feel like he was a teenager again. It wasn’t like he still loved Sehun. This place was fully taken by Chanyeol, but Sehun was is first love and your first love will always be a special one.

Suddenly an arrow was flying right to his face. If it wasn’t for Sehun who blew it away, his f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter