Ch 5

When Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Jongdae was a heavy sleeper, so I didn't mind waking up really early to shower and get ready for school when the sky was still a faint blue color. I grab my bag,keys and phone. Stopping in the kitchen I grab a cinnamon roll and walk to the door. It wasn't locked all night. Don't tell me he left it open in case I came home, he's really too nice. I look at my door. Closed like it always was. I open and leave a sticky note on the bathroom mirror for him.

"I'm home. Don't want to talk. I showered and ate. Don't forget to lock the door this time."

And with that I left for school. I was waiting at the bus stop when I saw the familiar old lady who had lent me her handkerchief. I smiled and bowed politely as we got on the bus together.

...

"I don't know what to do Baek" I rub my temples with my fingers as I finished explaining to Baek all that happened yesterday.

"So how are you going to tell Kris?"

I shake my head and groan, it's lunch and I still haven't seen him, I was beginning to wonder if he came to school or not. I stood up and grabbed my things.

"I guess I'll have to figure it out. See you later hyung."

With that I made my way to my locker slowly. I didn't hear what people said behind me. I didn't hear the whispers of the couples hiding in the hall, I didn't hear the male voice yelling my name or the feet stomping towards me.

"Tao! It's kris, outside on the field." Baekhyung says at a rushed pace.

I slam my bag in my locker and run in the direction of the field. Outside is hot, it takes a while for my eyes to adjust to the light before I find Kris sitting on top of Junyoung. He throws a punch and blood gushes from junyoung's nose. Kris is shouting and I am running down the metal steps faster than I've ran before, I jump over a few and run into the field. Junyoung sees me first and I watch his face twist into a devil's grin.

"Do you think this is ing funny?!" Kris shouts. I'm close enough to center field that I can hear him, "I hope you are happy. Because you are ruining his life he now has to go back to China. He has to leave the life he has here because you are such a ing dickwipe you have ruined his happiness. He thinks that being your victim is a good thing. He would give the world to see others happy than to see himself without pain. Are you so ing lonely you pick on every organism you see?! You are such a low life, pathetic excuse for a human!"

I walk up, fat tears rolling down my cheeks and tug on kris' arm. He already knows, Dae must have told him. He turns around and his hard face melts away into sympathy. He stand up, wraps me in his embrace barring my face in his chest and walks us out, leaving Junyoung on the field. He takes me to sit in a shady part near the trees on the outline of the school.

"I-I'm so sorry" I fumble with my words.

"I told you to never apologize. This isn't your fault. Are you okay? Where were you? I couldn't find you and your friend had no clue where you would be."

He pulls me into his lap and wipes my tears away as they pour.

"I have to go away. I'm sorry. I hope you find someo-"

"What are you talking about. Find someone else? No. That's worse than cocksnot over there. Tao, you're it. I like you. It doesn't matter if you're moving. You know that I'm Chinese and can speak fluently, it's not like I'll never see you, plus we still have a whole month."

I nod and wipe my tears, it is so comforting to be in his arms, my head is on his strong shoulders, his strong hands holding my waist. I want to remember this moment, after I calm down I take in the feeling of his hands and where his fingers hold harder than other. I take in his scent and the crook where I lay my head.

"Hey peach."

I look up at him.

"After the game this weekend is the winter formal. I know you don't really do school events but will you please go to winter formal with me. I'll by you fries after."

I laugh and wipe away the last of my tears."you don't need to buy me fries. I'd love to be your date to the dance"

I rest a hand on his cheek and pull myself up to kiss him. I want to remember how his lips feel in mine, how soft he holds me, how he sighs into the kiss and how he smiles at the end of them.

"Come home with me today."

I nod and giggle. I have a month left. I plan to make it the best month ever.

...

Dae knows I'll be staying at Kris' place. He told me he understands and wants me to stay safe. If I go anywhere I need to tell him the exact address, but he also wants me to have fun while I have the time. Of course it was very nice of him to let this fly after what I did yesterday, I'll have to thank him later.

Kris drops our bags next to the door and excuses himself to go shower all the practice sweat off. I sat in the living room and played with Baby. He was super high energy and wanted to play with every toy he had. We played with his toys until he went to lay down on his bed, I traveled up the stairs to look at the CDs kris has beside his bed. Most rock and hip hop, but all good picks.

I lay on the bed and look at the wall to see his jacket hanging up. I plug in my phone to his phone charger and play some rap music I have on my phone. I listen to the shower stop and the door open. I crawl the the ledge and look over to see kris' wet shoulder as he hunts in his closet for something to wear. I enjoy looking at his back muscles but it might be creepy so I go to sit in the stairs.

He sits next to me after he is dressed and pushes his wet hair back. I play with his hair and nope my wet hands on his cheek, he holds it there and makes me look at him.

"What are you thinking about? You've been really quiet." He says and kisses my palm.

"I want to memorize your touches, I want to feel everything even when I'm gone" I whisper almost embarrassed.

"Let me help with that"

Before I can run his words in my head and make sense of them his lips are on mine, but I won't protest. I kiss back, grabbing both his cheeks and enjoying the warmth he feeds into me. His hands pull my closer so my legs are over his lap, his arms wrap around my back. I tangle my fingers in his hair and wrap my tongue around his.

Swiftly he picks me up and carries me to his bed. I giggle and wrap my arms over his shoulders.

"I'll kiss you as many times as you need to memorize"

"Then don't stop" I whisper against his lips.

And with a breathy laugh he connects our lips again, this time with more urge passion.

...

"Wait. Like seriously? Like really real. "

"Yes hyung. His lips feel amazing" my heart flutters at the thought of it. "What was your first kiss like?"

"Chan like threw his face at mine, it was all teeth. But every time I kiss him now I never want to let go. It's like something keeps me there, and I love it."

I look over to see Baek smiling and blushing. I nudge him and smile, I understand what that's like. It's as if everything goes away except us, and it's perfect.

"Look" Baek says and points to my locker.

Kris is standing there against it, shoulders on the metal. I smile and tell Baek I'll see him at math.

"Kris!"

I catch his attention and run to my locker, with my bag in one hand I hug him with the other. With no hesitation he kisses me full on the lips in front of the school, I few girls squeal and some others l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter