Ch 11

When Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wait. So you're not enrolled here anymore?" Yixing asks me.

I pop a chip into my mouth and shake my head, "The program runs through the school, but I won't be in these classes anymore. Everything is online and the school gave me a tutor if I need one. His nams is Junmyeon or something. I have the option to come to school or just stay home and take my classes." Staying in that empty apartment all day and night sends a shiver up my spine.

"So help me, if you leave right after we get the gang back together, I'll loose my Tao." Sehun holds up hi sfists, as if, he doesn't have the balls to punch me over something so petty. 

"I plan on coming to school. Call me a wimp but I get sad when I'm lonely." 

I shrug, both boys go back to note taking while I lean back and relax. Taking out my phone, I lean back in my chair and text Kris. No doubt he is in school too, him and Baek must be spending some time together. 

"Zitao, just because you're taking online courses does not mean can can just come to school to hang out." my teacher rudly points me out. 

My phone buzzes just after, slowly I pull it out after my teacher turns back around. 

Kris: How are your staples?

'Are they supposed to fall out on their own or am I supposed to tak ethem out?' I quickly send in response. 

I don't think I should take thm out, not yet; what if my head isn't healed all the way yet? What if the plane flight aggitated it? My phone buzzes again, happily I go to it expecting a response from Kris but instead finding a text from my mother.

Mother Huang: Come to me after school, we should discuss flight plans.

Short and simple but something about it still sparks anxiety in me and my whole body reacts accordingly. Sehun must sence something cause he turns around and nudges me. I shake my head and hold up my phone.

"Just some drama" I whisper.

He nods and leans closer, "Do we get to kick some ?"

"No. Stay far away from this .: I laugh. My mother would us all on the ground before we could even reach her, we'd have no chance. With a sigh I reply bath to my mother and patiently await the end of the school day. 

. . . 

I get off the bus and walk across the busy street to my mothers company building. This part of town is drasticly different from the part where I live. This part is filled with people covered in expensive tailored suits, some with breifcases in hand while others are holding papers loosly in hand. I make my way to the big silver building just feet from where I stand currently. Its impressive how tall and clean it is. I walk in through the rounded door and to the receptionist who doesn't recognize me and pays me no mind. 

"Excuse me? I need to meet with my mother " I state and shift the weight on my foot. 

"And who's your mother" she asks with a slight accent, not looking up from her computer.

"Ms. Huang. You know her right?" I ask feeling like a badass. 

She glances up, her eyes moving quickly, I think she is trying to connect the features and find the relation. Reluctently I pull out my wallet and flash her my ID. She raises her eyebrows then looks to me. 

"Its not fake?" she asks.

"Does it look fake?"

"Okay. She is on floor 15, last door on the right." She says shortly before turning to her work again. I hear her on the phone before I board the elevator, "Your son's on the way up." she says sounding sceptic. 

I step inside the metal box and push the 15th floor lightly, watching the color light up around the number. I noticed that they refused to add a 13th floor however. So if you count floors on the outside that means the 15th floor would be th 14th and the 14th floor would really be the 13th floor. My mothercis the most badass person, the most terrifying, but she still believes in karma and superstitions. I guess it's a family gene cause the supernatural and all superstitions freak me the fuc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter