Ch 1

When Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I walk down to the lacrosse field, taking steady steps down the metal steps next to the bleachers. Its was too sunny for me personally, and i burn easily so I covered all my skin in dark fabric. My rings and bracelets show up under my hoodie. I am dating the captain of the lacrosse team, who is currently cleaning up the field after letting the rest of the team go after the extended practice time. I sit on the field and patiently wait. He trips over himself a few times but when he turns around I smile and wave. He jogs up to me and swoops me into his arms with his gentle giant smile. I grin up at him, let my arms rest on his shoulders and play with his black headband that contrasts against his bleached blonde hair.

 

“What are you doing Peach?” he asks and kisses my forehead.

 

I blush and shake my head, “Nothing. Just waiting for you. But as always you let the team go and you’re cleaning by yourself.”

 

Kris and I have been dating for two months now, however we have known eachother for almost a year and a half. He tried to recruit me for lacrosse but I couldn’t speak a of Korean so I didn’t understand. I used ASL and got out of the situation but he was in my speech classes. That’s how he found out I speak Chinese and wouldn’t leave me alone. I’m glad he didn’t. But now he knows I am probably the most lazy student in the entire school and sports have never crossed my mind. Kris quickly understood and respects that about me.

 

“Let me grab my gear and we’ll leave.”

 

I nod and pick up his helmet. I look at his back name and his number on the back of his jersey as he walks away. The same number is on his helmet but it looks because it was just two zeros. He grabs his duffel bag and grabs my hand on the way back up the stairs of the bleachers.

 

“Did you wait long?”

 

“No, I waited a bit but got caught by security.”

 

“What?”

 

“Yeah,” I shrug, “apparently studying behind the bungalow is a suspicious act.”

 

He rolls his eyes and squeezes my hand. I get winded half way up the stairs and Kris waits for me as I slowly crawl my way to the top. We walk in the hot sun back to the parking lot where Kirs’ car is parked under a tree near the science building. It was a saturday so there weren't many cars here, mostly the team, but with state coming up they have to practice harder and more often, we load the gear into the back of the Ford 150, I sit on the edge as I watch Kris take all his gear off. He slips the jersey into the bag and removes the padding on his chest. I reach out and trace the tattoo on his left shoulder, i have to keep my eyes off his body of else…

 

“You could get one, you are old enough.”

 

I shrug, “I’ve thought about it. Too much pain though. And money I don’t have.”

 

“I’ll pay, you noob.”

 

“And let my rich boyfriend cover the cost of something permanent on my body? Let my boyfriend pay to inflict painful art me? No. You can pay for some fries though.”

 

He sighs and i giggle at his reaction. Hopping off the edge I move to sit on the passenger side of the truck. Kris pulls the cover over the truck bed so his equipment doesn’t fly away and then meets me in the front of the truck. Taking my hand and starting the engine, we aren’t short from getting those fries.

 

 

“Why were you out so long?” my roommate, JongDae, asks as I lock the door to our apartment behind me.

 

“I got fries with Kris.”

 

“The super senior, the captain of the lacrosse team, the hot and utterly popular Kris Wu?”

 

“-Dae, I’ve told you before, Kris and I are a thing. This shouldn’t surprise you so much.”

 

I roll my eyes and set my bag near the door. Everytime i think about how I got the hot captain of the lacrosse team my heart flips, because I know things about him that others don’t. Like how much of a giant dork he is. I scoff and go to the kitchen for a cup of Dr.Pepper.

 

“How is school?”

 

“Fine, I guess.” I shrug and pick up the mail with my name on it.

 

“You aren’t getting bullied anymore? Because if so I will walk my right down to the school and gi-”

 

“No. It’s cool.” I interrupt him.

 

I pick up my mail and set my glass down next to the sink. As I walk past the couch i offer him a fist bump, with a sigh he accepts.

 

“Thanks anyway.” I say with a smile before ducking into my room.

 

The bullying hasn’t stopped. But I can’t tell Kris cause he is doing so much already, and I can’t tell Jongdae cause he has a gym to run and has no time to come down to my school if I’m being a cry baby. I’m too scared that if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter