Ch 13

When Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I started getting tierd despite the several cups of awful airport coffee I've had. Kris' flight got delayed, Dae was running his lugage to his hotel and I had nowhere to be so I decided to sit and wait. I waited for Dae and now Kris on a seperate flight. It's pretty late and has been dark outside for quite some time, not many people are in the airport but the ones that are look like me. Tierd zombies with anxiety and nerve wracking emotions bottled up inside. I shift my weight in the hard blue seat near baggage claim and the terminal exit. There is a bing throughout the airport before one of the baggage claim conveyers start moving. I stand up, or shoot up really, and patientlly wait for the plane load of people who will come walking through the doors just in front of me. Loads and loads of people file out but I don't see Kris in the group. I move my attention to the luggage moving on the belt, I can see through peoples legs and the spaces between person and person, looking from Kris' suitcase. That's when I see the relfective door swing open again, a small amount of people file through this time. Mostly consisting of pilots and flight attendants. but in the mix is an exhausted mother with a baby on her hip and two toddlers following, but in the middle of them is Kris. His thick blond hair sticks out from under his beanie, shoe laces loose and jacket slung over one arm. The site of him gives me a nervous feeling, my stomach churns and my face gets hot. He doesn't notice me at first, he is just looking straight to baggage claim to try and find his luggage. I feel my body pushed forward, absently throwing away my cup in a trash can on the way. His read backpack hangs tightly on his shouders so it doesn't fall when I throw myself into a hug, his surprised arms wrap around my shoulders with a chuckle and I swear I've never felt more at peace. 

"Hello peach."

"Welcome"

We walk over to baggage claim hand in hand, walking closly to one another, hips occasionally bump into eachother. 

"You in the christmas spirit?" he asks. 

"I can not believe you got a last minute ticket."

I stand back and watch as he grabs his suitcase and fixes his backpack, I call for an uber and we sit together outside on a blue benchnear the ick up area and the smoking area. Dae is at the hotel and awaiting our arrival. 

"Who is watching Baby while you're here?" I ask whiel stealing his beanie to put it on my own cold ears. 

"Baekhyun. I offered to pay him for his time but he responded with 'You can't reemberce love and time with paper.' I still plan on paying him though."

"He really loves animals, super pationate about them."

"He thinks of any animal as his child." he chimes in, "He could be a vet if he had the tollerance for all that school." 

When the uber arrives we throw the suitcase in the back and I sit in the passenger seat so the driver doesn't feel like it's a taxi service. 

. . .

I woke up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee and something fresh baked, it hit my nose with a soft and inviting scent that welcomes me to the day. The warmth of an early morning or early afternoon sun rays come through the large windows and have been warming up my exposed feet from the covers. The soft puffy a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter