Ch 12

When Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do you want to discuss this in person?" he responds.

"Just let me know now." I decide to eat leftover ranch chicken and bacon pizza before it goes bad. 

"So. Kris got in a big fight, a lot of people saw it as somewhat conroversial so he went to court. He had a good lawyer and was saw as innocent. But some people, like me, believe there should have been some consequences for his actions. It was pretty big news at one point; you never heard of it?"

"No. What fight? I want details." 

"He should be finnishing High School about now, right? Several years back, like a long time ago, he got in deep trouble. He was really young but was stumbling around drunk, someone said or did something, one thing led to another and little kris got into an altercation. The cops got to and found him beating a teenager about his size, the teen was rushed to the hospital and lived in intense care for months. I think his name was jongin or something. 

"Jesus"

"Mhmm"

"What did his lawyer say to get him off the hook?"

"His rich parents were out of the country and left him with a nanny. It's said he broke into his parents bar room after the nanny left for the night. They said he was too young to really understand the situation, he was under the influence which wasn't his fault sence the nanny left him alone. "

"What a bad nanny service."

"I'm sorry if this stresses you out. I just figured you should know. It may be harmless to you but at the time it wasn't, of course things have died down but it's still important to know about someone."

"How tall was he in middle school? Who taught him to fight?" I ask half jokingly.

"No clue. Anyway I have to go, Sehun is on the other line."

"Okay Thanks. "

He hangs up and leaves me in my dissapointingly silent appartment. Taking a bit of pizza I think about the new informationI've gathered. I don't entirly think it was Kris' fault, if it was his parents would've tried to cover it up. Kris isnt generally an aggressive person but when alcohol is running through ones system it influneces their actions. I've alwasy thought Kris to be all bark and no bite unless it was life threatening. I pick up my phone and try calling Kris, I want to hear him tell me his past. No answer. 

'We need to talk. It's not bad, I'm just curious about something.' I text him. 

I go through the files Minseok sent me looking for a name of the victem. He was about 6' feet, thin but strong build, born 1994, has short silver 2 block hairstyle. His name is Kim Jongin. He was a dance student with promise. His case says that he was leaving a late night dance practice session and bumped into Kris carelessly. He goes onto to say that they got into an arguement that Kris began and would not drop. Jongin says that he believes his little bump into kris is what may have started the fight in Kris' mind. He did absolutly nothing and knew nothing of Kris before that night. The statement lists his number and email and address but I've gotten his side, there is no reason to contact him. 

I log into my online courses just to see what I'm taking while waiting for Kri's response. It's not like to not respond for hours. Are we drifting apart because of the distance? He wouldn't have found someone else right? He promised me. Thinking about this makes me feel sick, makes my stomach churn, I push the last of the leftover pizza away. I can feel myself falling back, the soft comfort of sheets and messy beding catching me as I forget about my online classes just in front of me. I pick up my phone beside me and try calling Kris again, no answer. Just then Skype gives me a notifaction that Kris is now active. I attempt to give him a call on Skype but it's nothing more than an attepmt. 

'hello' I send in the chat, 'What if I was getting murdered?" I send in anger from the lack of any reponse from him. 

He doesn't read the message and still hasn't gotten back. I message Dae and Baek asking where Kris is and if he is with them to tell him to contact me. Both of them text back that they don't know where he is, they haven't seen him sense earlier. Dae also expresses his excitment to see me a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter