Ch 10

When Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kris. What are you doing during break?” I ask and roll around on my new bed in pajamas.

 

“I’m not sure yet. Dae and I might do something. But Baek has plans to go over to his boyfriend’s house. So it would just be the two of us. We might go drinking.”

 

“That sounds like a lame way to spend Christmas.” I pout.

 

“I want to fly you out. But I would need to get permission from your mother and from what Dae told me she is a scary woman. “

 

I sigh and bite my lip to stop me from complaining. I wouldn’t be here, in this situation if I had just beat up some bullies. But doesn’t that also make me a bully? Or is it self protection if they were doing it to me first?

 

“What are you thinking about?” Kris’ husk voice sounds through the quiet room.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“You went quiet. I know you well enough to know that when you randomly stop talking that means your thinking. So what's going on in your pretty little head?”

 

I smile and almost blush, my boyfriend knows me that much but I don't even know what he had from dinner tonight. Does that mean I fail at being a boyfriend? I sigh again and roll over to look at my phone laying next to me on the bed instead of Kris, all i have right now is his voice through the speaker. Suddenly I feel a lot more of a shell than I was comfortable with. It’s almost as if my chest wants to cave in on me.

 

“Kris. How selfish of me would it be if I asked you to tell me a story just so I could listen to your stupid voice for longer?” I asked wearing a small smile.

 

“Not at all selfish.”

 

He began talking, about nothing or about everything. I don’t really know, I wasn’t listening to his words but the way his voice sounded in my ears. I propped my pillows up and closed my eyes. Like the lonely fool I was I imagined kris next to me, reading about something in the news or some stupid things one of his friends did while his hands intertwined and played with my own hands.

 

Anything I could remember him talking about I tried to replay those conversations to the tone of his low voice. A tear escaped my eyes as he talked about how Dae and Baeks get noise complaints now, and even he can't stand it. I guess Dae, Baek and Chanyeol formed a trio of annoying Kris whenever he is near all three of them. It drives him mad, but I can picture it in my head and it seems like something i would join in on.

 

“Thank you.”

 

He stops suddenly, as if pushing pause in the middle of a song, “Hmm?”

 

“Thank you “ I repeat.

 

Something hard slams near my head. I open my eyes to find myself in the middle of a class, the teacher's book against my desk, a detention ship in my hands. I wasn’t in Kris’ arms nor my own bed, I was at school. I wasn’t holding Kris’ hand I was holding a piece of paper. I fell asleep in class and dreamed the whole thing. With a sigh of realization I kicked my foot under the desk.

 

“I’ve never had someone thank me for detention before.” My teachers says while walking away, “Such strange kids now.”

 

I look up to find the class doesn't care one bit, The two idiots at my side do however. Both Yixing and Sehun worse smiles and stared at me while I was still

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter