Ch 15

When Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kris and Dae stayed through x-mas break and thank god they both liked their gifts. Dae promised to take Beaks home and force him to open it. I was told by Kris that Chanyeol got a real whipping when everyone got home and I’m glad because it sounded like he needed it if he thought a prank break up was okay.  Beak did eventually get back together with him after two really long days of avoiding the quarterback, he was caught and forced to confront his problem. They are doing well now, I think this whole thing made them strong as a couple and more mature as individuals. My mother didn’t bug Kris for the rest of the visit and she hasn’t seen me in months, I haven’t spotted her goons anywhere either. It’s suspicious but I’m not complaining. With all of my complications out of the way, for the most part, I was able to finish school early as planned; all that’s left now is graduation! 

 

.   .   .

 

“Beak are you coming?” I ask him over Skype. 

“I wouldn’t miss your graduation for the world” he says smiling. 

I shuffle around my room, packing my most important things to go back to Korea. I haven’t applied to any colleges or jobs yet, kinda hard to do in a completely different country. 

“Hey Tao, say for instance I couldn’t move out in time for your arrival. Do you have a backup plan?” 

I look back at him, he flashes a nervous grin. 

“Uhm, I could talk to Kris. “

“I’m sorry, I haven’t been able to talk to my pattens since it all happened. I wanted to get a job but no one wants you unless you’ve got a diploma and my graduation is a few weeks after yours. I really didn’t think this through.” 

“It’s fine. This isn’t your fault. I’ll talk to Kris. Are you doing anything fun for graduation?”

“Chan is taking me to a fancy dinner.”

“How is everything?”

“It’s fine. He promised me he’d stop drinking and he’s been doing well so far. You have graduation plans?”

“A friend is throwing a party tonight, I might go. “

“Sound fund. Graduation parties are always the most fun in the movies, don’t get too hammered.” 

We both laugh and I shake my head. 

“I don’t think I’ll stick around that long.” I say. 

“If it comes down to it just take booze from the party and drink it at home.” He laughs again, a hearty and whole laugh, his eyes almost close as he bends over. 

“Noted. I’ll see you soon, you should get packing.” 

“Yeah, you’re right. See you soon TaoZi” 

We wave and sign off. Kris is taking his final exams late because of sports so I’ve been trying not to hug him too much. I continue to pack by myself, I’ve limited myself down to two big suitcases and a large duffel bag if I need it. I pack shoes on the bottom of one suitcase and start rolling my clothes to pack on top. In the next suitcase I pack my accessories and toiletries. Of course all my toiletries and cleansing products are wrapped in ziplock bags and everything is depressed in routine order. I wouldn’t say I have OCD, however my things need to be in order or all hell will break loose. 

 

.   .   .

 

I stand in a group with my friends, all fixing our cap and gowns. We duck around and joke about how long the dress is, like big bags in little immature boys. A few other groups of students round up into their proper line spots. We practiced graduation walk for a few days. We all line up in the order we sit, we’ll walk around the chairs, sit in order and then names will be called by our vice principals. We will walk on stage, shake hands with our principal, and the students will create a zipper effect by coming from each side of the stage. We then walk back to an em

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter