Ch 3

When Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"That cheeky bastard. And he let you keep it?" Baek says in a hushed tone in the library.

I look down at the black and maroon varsity jacket that still smells like kris and nod. My heart flutters. I was wearing  the pants from last night but a white v neck now. I haven't heard from my bullies but it's still morning, I have a whole day ahead of me.

Baek and I were sitting in the den drinking sodas and talking about Kris and the party, but mostly Kris. Baek is bragging about his sweet dance moves at the party. Until I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to find two girls from my history class looking down at me with pink cheeks.

"Are you ZiTao?" The one with short hair asks.

"Yeah." I nod.

"Is it true you're dating Kris Wu?"

I turn to look at Baek but he shrugs. "Uh... well that's-"

"Morning babe." A familiar voice rings behind me, an arm around my waist and a kiss to my temple, "you look good in my clothes."

The girls squeak and nod before leaving. I lean back into kris' chest. Baek is smiling at me, it's his smile that says "I'll get it out of you later." Before he leaves and uses the excuse he has a giant to find.

"What did the girls want?"

"They asked if we were dating. Rumors spread fast. " I laugh and play with his fingers, tracing between the spaces where my hand would be. "Why are you over here?" Usually I don't see kris in the morning. I don't see him till lunch but it's across the den.

"I'm protecting my baby."

"I'm not a baby. " I roll my eyes.

"You're my baby." He smirks.

He's got me there. So I can't argue with him. I blush and turn around to hug him. I grab his hand and my bag in another.

"Walk me to class. I have science first."

"First thing in the morning? Sorry. " he laughs.

I enjoy our walk down the hall, hands held tightly, talk lightly on subjects. People talk, point and whisper. But kris doesn't seem phased by it so I pay no mind to it. I just keep walking and guiding him to my class. I am disappointed when we arrive there. Kris kisses me quickly and smiles like the dork he is.

"Wait for me. I'll pick you up after class okay?"

"You don't have to. I'm alright." I blush still feeling his lips on mine.

"You aren't. And I am just fine with showing you off between classes."

I nod and duck into my class, I watch him walk away before sighing and looking out the window. Not a moment later the door flies open and my stomach is trying to tear itself in fear. I stand up and back up to the wall. Junyoung and his boys walk right up and throw a straight in my stomach. I curl to the ground coughing. A boot comes down and cuts my lip, I cry out in pain and cover my face.

"S-stop. I didn't d-do anything."

"Look at him begging." Junyoung laughs and bends down, lifting my head to face him by pulling my hair, "go back to your country , there's no room for you here. You think you can make it without fluently speaking the language. You are nothing. You won't ever do anything cause you're so ing stupid your own country doesn't want you. "

He throws my head hard against the wall. My eyesight goes black and I struggle to stay awake.

"Look at him. " he laughs again. This time he's at the door, "ing prick."

I don't waste a second, I stand up slowly, grab my bag, and silently find my way out of school. I wait at a bus stop and grab a pole due to the dizziness. An old lady taps my arm, I turn and give my best smile.

"You are bleeding" she says offering a bandana.

I touch the back of my head and look at my red fingers. I take the clothe from her hand with a thank you and hold it to my head, pressure will stop the bleeding. I watched her get in the bus after thanking her again and wait a few more minutes to board the next bus.

...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter