Big Confessions, Big Changes

The Cure is You

[2:23] 😊Thumbelina💚: Are you ok ? Do you want to talk now, I'll come get you ?

[2:24] Smolz😊💕: Thank you Umji. I love you.

Truthfully Eunha didn't know why she decided that 2 AM was the time she wanted to confess everything. She didn't even realize she had blantanly just said she loved Umji either. Eunha had sang it in a song but it wasn't the same and it made Umji rush to her house faster. Eunha got a text that let her know Umji was outside. With a deep breath Eunha quietly tiptoed out of the house to not wake her friends. As she walked outside she saw Umji waiting by her car pacing. When Umji finally looked up she hastily walked over to Eunha and grabbed her arms.

"Eunha-ssi are you ok ? You're kinda freaking me out."

"I- Umji I love you but you might hate me after this, so just bare with me." Umji led them to her car to avoid the cold. Once inside Umji faced Eunha with a smile, the smile that Eunha was afraid to see fade.

"Eunha I couldn't hate you. I lo-"

"My name is Eunbi. Jung Eunbi." Umji was confused. She didn't know why Eunha-Eunbi had cut her off when she was about to finally say I love you back. She also didn't understand what her girlfriend was talking about.

"Eunbi ? That doesn't make sense Jung Eunbi-"

"Went missing. That's why I stopped going to the bakery. My parents were Jung Yonnhwa and Jung Jiwon, the so-called 'murderous millionaires'. We... They made us move one day without telling me why-" Umji grabbed Eunha's hand and wiped a tear that was falling down her face.

"Eunha I'm not mad you didn't tell me, this has nothing to do with us, you're not them-" 

"We moved after I think they killed your friend. I remember seeing her at the bakery all the time and then one day at my house and never again. I didn't know then but after a year of constant moving... I asked them and they told me. I called the cops and ran away from home. I took some of the money they had but enough to make it obvious my parents were obviously not normal. Eunha was the name I used when I found out I had cancer. I don't know why I didn't tell you but I had an entire talk with Yerin about opening up and it was hypocritical to-"

"I have to go. "

"W-What ?" Umji pulled away and stared ahead preparing to drive off. "Umji I'm sorry I should have told you sooner I just didn't know how." 

"You didn't know how ? You couldn't have just said it Eunha-Eunbi ?! Damn it I don't even know what to call you anymore just please. Your parents didn't kill my friend, they killed my sister. I just... please get out Eunbi." Umji tried to control herself after she raised her voice. Eunha reached out to touch her hand but before she could, Umji quickly pulled back making her sigh. 

"Umji I'm so sorry I... I'll leave now. I-I love you." Eunha left the car and Umji immediately sped off. Eunha didn't know how long she cried on the curb but when she walked back inside she saw Sowon holding both her, and Eunha's phone on her hands.

"Eunha you can't just-hey are you ok ?" Eunha ran into Sowon's arms and continued crying. Sowon stumbled at how much force the young girl had and slowly eased them onto the couch. Sowon and Eunha fell asleep in that position and it wasn't until Yerin exited her room and slightly shook Sowon that the eldest understood. 

"What do you mean she's THE Jung Eunbi ?"

"Umji called me and told me but now she won't answer her phone, not even Sinb can talk to her." As if on cue there was a pounding on the door. Sowon moved Eunha to her room while Yerin dealt with a fuming Sinb. Sowon closed the door and looked at Sinb who was practically blowing steam out her ears.

"Hey maybe she has-"

"Umji's literally missing from her freaking house, she just found out her girlfriends parents killed her sister, and Eunha had known. So I really hope you don't tell me to calm down or that Eunha could have a good reason Sowon." Yerin took a step back from Sinb, signaling for Sowon to calm her down.

"You're right. Eun...bi needs to explain a lot. But if you go Super Sayian mode on her she can't say anything ok ?" Sinb's mouth twitched at the Dragon Ball Z reference but she quickly went back to being angry.

"Fine but do you really expect for me to wait until she's awake ?" All she got was Sowon and Yerin smiling hopefully. They waited for hours before Eunha finally walked out of the room rubbing her eyes. She saw Sowon holding tightly onto Sinb and Yerin talking to both girls and knew she hadn't dreamt telling Umji. 

"Eun... just can you please tell us what's going on ?" Yerin practically begged when the three turned to face her. Sinb went to stand up but Sowon held her back and kissed her cheek.

"You better start talking, Sowon can only do so much to help you." Eunha sighed before she recalled everything she told Umji. At the end the room remained silent for too long to be anything other than uncomfortable. Eunha shifted on the balls of her feet while they all just stared at her.

"Umji is missing. You allowed her to fall in love with you and then you broke the truth in her like this. I'm going to go find my friend. Thanks Eunbi." Sinb scoffed as she walked out the door making Eunha flinch.

"Sinb let me help you find her. I didn't mean-"

"I got her. Just stay with Yerin." Sowon walked with Sinb out the door. Once they were outside Sowon spun the younger girl around to actually look at her. "Bi-ssi Eunha didn't mean for this to happen. She didn't even tell us first, Umji was first."

"Sowon they killed her sister. Do you know how many nights Umji cried about her ? I cried about her too. She took care of both of us." Sinb teared up and Sowon pulled her in close.

"Hey I know Eunha hurt Umji and that means she hurt you too but remember she's hurting too. We can go look for Umji together ok ? All week." Sinb smiled and accepted Sowon's offer and that's exactly what every did. All week the two had searched Umji. Eunha tried to stay out of the way because Sinb was constantly shooting daggers at the other girl. Yerin told Yuju everything that happened and Yuju helped Eunha feel better. 

"She just needs time. It was a lot to handle at once."  That helped Eunha cope with the situation until Sowon and Sinb came home a few days later saying they found Umji. 

"Where is she ? Please tell me." Sowon looked and Sinb who continued staying at Eunha.  She wasn't shooting daggers, she simply stared before speaking.

"She's in New York. She flew there with her cousin Vernon. I'm flying there tomorrow." Sowon choked on air but Eunha was just glad Umji was safe even though the way Sinb kept eye contact made tighten. Yerin patted Eunha on the back sensing her content and texted Yuju the news. 

"You're going to New York ? Why didn't you tell me ?" The room tensed as the two looked at each other. 

"I won't be gone for long. I promise. And I'll call," she paused looking at Eunha momentarily. "So that everyone is updated. " Sowon was never a selfish person, but she really didn't want to let Sinb go anywhere without her. But she knew not only would it be intrusive to go, Yuju was the one she trusted most about her condition and Yuju would always be prepared. Sinb smiled as she noticed Sowon evaluating everything and pulled her into Sowon's room, locking the door. 

"They're going to think that-"

"Shut up you giraffe. I know you don't want me to go especially since we have only been back together for a few weeks. But I have to go to Umji and no one else can make sure your ok like Yuju and Yerin. At the club when you couldn't breathe they were ado quick to go to you but were also really collected, I'm happy you have them." Sowon didn't have to be a genius to know that Sinb was still new to her disease and as much as Sinb wanted to help, there wasn't much she could do and it frustrated the younger girl.

"Hey you help me too. Just because they know the disease doesn't mean you don't make feel better than they do." Sinb smiled and hugged Sowon tightly.

"I'm going to miss your cheesiness for two weeks." Sinb mumbled the last part but Sowon's groan let her know she was still able to be heard.

"I won't see you for two weeks ? My heart might give out." Sowon smiled as she leaned her head down to rest on Sinb's.

"Your so annoying but I love you. Hey what if I sleep over and then you can take me to the airport tomorrow ?" Before Sowon could reply they hard shuffling by the door. They opened it to find Yerin running towards the couch where Eunha was sitting trying not to laugh. 

"Hi there. " Yerin tried to sound casual but failed miserably making both Sinb and Sowon smile.

"Oh nothing you know. Sinb is sleeping over and someone just lost their room due to eavesdropping." Yerin tried to protest but Sinb closed the door and laughed. Together the two of them laughed before Sowon leaned down and stole a kiss. "Let's cuddle before you have to go."

"I have almost 12 hours Sowon." Sowon pulled the two of them down on the bed.

"I don't think I misspoke. Let me hold you,  12 hours might not even be enough."