12:25 AM

The Cure is You

Approximately two weeks had passed and Sinb was still not talking to her best friend. Sinb wasn't quite sure when the days started and ended lately and they all meshed together at this point. Umji had sent her a text not explicitly apologizing but none the less she reached out to the older of the two. Unfortunately when Umji texted her, Sinb had been with Jackson, like she'd been every night. It had become routine. She'd go through her day, usually staying in the house since she was avoiding 4 girls now and her last mid-day outing didn't end well, meet with Jackson sometime in the night where the two would drink, Jackson would give her rough kisses and Sinb would leave before anymore could happen. In her druken state Sinb was a bit of a tease at least that's what she was told by the fellow people at the clubs she used to go to said.

Jackson didn't get angry at least not in front of Sinb. He handled his alcohol way better than she did so often when she was drunk he was midly buzzed. After she'd leave him in his car alone he'd be mildly upset because she always seemed to come to her senses seconds before anything could happen. He did want to prove to her he was a good guy but Jackson couldn't deny that Sinb was incredibly gorgeous. Jackson's real motive for agreeing to do this was because he thought she'd have no choice but to owe him for helping her get over Sowon. 

~~~

Sowon and Umji had become incredibly close over the course of the two weeks and Umji found herself inviting the older girl, plus Yerin and Eunha of course, over to her home at least 3 times a week and texting her everyday. Sowon didn't constantly bring up Sinb because she knew that Umji was hurting too but at times Umji would ask her how her surgery was and the young girl inevitably came up. 

"When you were done with the surgery what's the first thing you wanted to do?" Umji laid her head on Sowon's lap with her feet drapped across Yerin who rested her head on Eunha's shoulder. The two older girls stopped what they were doing to look at the their unnie and smiled. They both remember asking her and the way she expressed her answer made them truly understand Sowon's heart.

"To find Sinb of course. Well initially I didn't want to do anything. I thought I could still die as like a delayed effect or something and part of me hoped for it but when I saw that I'd have to see Yerin everday still," Eunha and Umji laughed at Sowon's joke while Yerin just huffed and stuck her tounge out at her best friend. "I realized I wasn't waking up with Sinb and wanted to find her. But after a while I started to give up and Yerin always reminded me that my heart, new or old, belonged with Sinb." Sowon smiled down at Umji who wore a matching one on her face. The young girl closes her eyes and hummed for a moment.

"Sinb cries at night you know?" Umji still had her eyes closed because Sowon was playing with her hair. Sowon momentarily froze but then continued as if the motion was the only way for Umji to continue. "I've started making a pattern of it and it's always after midnight. Like 12:25. I know it's your anniversary. She loves you with everything Sowon."

Smiling at her, Sowon patted Umji's head. "Thanks for giving me hope Umji-ya. Now let's go get food kiddo." Sowon moved Umji's upper body as she stood up and Yerin quickly jumped up soon after. 

"Sowon can we just go get food and bring it back here ? We can have a sleepover and everything." Sowon wanted to open and ask her best friend why the sudden idea at 1 in the afternoon but Yerin flashed a devilish smirk and she understood what she was planning. 

"Ok let's go get pizza and chicken. Umji and Eunha you two are in charge of setting everything up. We'll be back." Eunha saw what the two were up to and tried to argue but Umji beat her to it. 

"Hey don't I get a say in what happens since it's my house ?" The youngest girl pouted but the duo of Sowon and Yerin were already out the door by the time she finished her sentence. Mumbling under her breath she looked at Eunha who had an extremely red face and looked like she could burn holes through the door. "Let's up set up the beds." Umji said making Eunha change her vision from the door to her crush. Eunha's eyes immediately softened and she simply nodded her head getting up to help move around the furniture. Although Eunha really hoped that her unnies would be back soon before she had the chance to make a fool out of herself.

~~~

All the way to the car Sowon and Yerin laughed at the fact they left the two alone. The way Eunha became flustered was enough to make the situation hilarious but Umji's initial obviousness made the situation even funnier. As they sat in the car they let their laughter die down before driving off. The two sat in comfortable silence still sporting smiles on their faces. Because Sowon and Yerin had been friends for as long as they can remember, sitting in silence wasn't awkward for them, that also meant the two knew each other better than they knew themselves. 

"Sowon-unnie... I'm sorry you thought you had to leave Sinb and I'm sorry knowing she's not ok upsets you." Yerin's tone changed the mood in the car but Sowon tried to avoid the topic because she knew Yerin could get anything out of her.

"I'm ok Yerin-ah. Sinb could be doing fine these past couple of weeks."

"You know that's not true. She's probably worse." Sowon knew there was most likely a truth in Yerin's words. Umji told them about how Sinb turned to drinking and clubbing but Umji helped her stay out of too much trouble. But now that Jackson was supposed to be watching out for her....

"Ok yes it hurts. But don't apologize you didn't do anything wrong. You've kept me going and I'm thankful for that. You're my best friend Yerinnie." Yerin simply smiled as they pulled up to the pizza place. Getting out the car Yerin jumped on Sowon's back making the girl groan.

"Onward Giraffe-unnie." Yerin kissed Sowon's cheek making Sowon laugh as she carried her inside. Jumping off her back Yerin ran to the counter Sowon went to a small table to wait for their order. Yerin was walking to Sowon when she saw Jackson behind her best friend but before she could say anything he "spilled" a coke on her and then laughed. 

"Sorry. Soo-Young right ?" Jackson was laughing as he spoke pissing Yerin off. Sowon tried to remain calm because she knew it'd only get worse if she got up and punched the boy in the jaw like she wanted to. 

"No you idiot. It's Sowon. You know the girl your fiancee was and still is in love with." Yerin spoke walking towards the boy who still had a smirk on his face.

"It's fine Yerin our food is probably done let's just-"

"Ya listen to Sowon. Plus if Sinb really loved her why would she be with me right now?" Jackson spoke with such cockiness in his voice it made Sowon sick and she thought she might actually throw up but hee body made tears cone to her eyes instead. 

"Trust me if Sinb had any sense she wouldn't be. You've probably poisoned her head and Umji isn't there to steer her away from creeps like you." Yerin pushed the boy to the ground before a small boy walked over to them with their food. Yerin thanked him before grabbing Sowon's hand and pulling her to the car. When they got outside Yerin placed the food on the roof and then embraced her friend. Sowon had held her tears in but being in Yerin's arms she felt like she was safe and cried freely. They stayed like that until Sowon's tears came to a stop before Yerin decided it would be best if she drove them back to Umji's to let her shower.

~~~

Eunha and Umji could defiently win an award for making the quietest and most uncomfortable atmosphere. Taking the time to set everything up took them no time and afterwards they simple sat down stealing glances at each other. Eunha wanted to learn more about Umji and vice versa however the only thing that could come to either of minds was dumb small talk. The two saw each other often but Yerin and Sowon helped the two from being stuck in a trance by the other. Somehow Eunha finally worked up the courage to speak and cleared .

"Before we met you used to go to the bakery beside the river right ? Not in like a creepy way. Oh God that sounded creepy just like I thought-"

"You were the girl with really long hair that would read behind the counter ?" Umji cut her off with wide eyes. Nodding her head shyly Umji smiled.

"That's why you seemed familiar. You always caught my eye so that much hasn't changed." Umji didn't know where her sudden confidence had come from but it made Eunha a little less shy and they easily fell into conversation. Eunha was saying how cute Umji's aegyo was when Sowon came through the door with Yerin behind her.

"Can Sowon use the shower please?" Yerin asked the question but was already walking hand-in-hand with her towards the bathroom. After going inside for a moment Yerin walked out and told they two girls who were waiting patiently for an explanation. After Yerin finished Eunha grabbed Umji's hand seeing how much she felt semi-responsible for not trying harder to talk to Sinb.

"Jackson is acting childish and this town is too small to avoid him. If I see him I might not be able to restrain myself like you did." Eunha shook her head as she spoke already thinking of all the ways she could hurt the boy despite her short height.

"I can't believe Sinb chose such an-"

"Was he like this before they got engaged?" Yerin's question almost made Umji forget that Sinb still had told that idiotic lie and no one knew the truth except her and the couple. 

"I... Sinb might hate me... They aren't really engaged but they are dating now I suppose." Umji more or less mumbled her words together but the pair understood. "Sowon can't know though."

"I already do." Sowon stepped out in a pair of Umji's baggy clothes which weren't as big in her than they were on the girl. She sat down beside them and rested her head on Yerin's shoulder to which Yerin instinctively wrapped a hand around Sowon's waist and held her close.

"Sinb lowers her voice little when she lies and she also gets moves her hair to the left. The day she told me I didn't know but afterwards I started to recall." Sowon smiled sadly.

"Why didn't you say anything ?" Eunha asked to Sowon playing with Umji's fingers subconsciously.

"She knew Sinb would be upset if she confronted her. Not to mention that it doesn't change the fact that she is still dating him." Yerin answered for her and let her head rest on top of Sowon's. Sowon smiled and nodded her head before pointing out how close the younger two had become. All three of them knew Sowon was trying to change the subject but they decided after her day she needed a break. Eunha began to explain how much she learned about Umji while Umji just smiled and blushed because of how attentive Eunha was. It wasn't until Yerin cheekily asked who would be the first to ask the other out that the 'UmHa' duo got embarrassed and Umji threw a pillow at her. Well it was intended for Yerin but Sowon ended up getting hit because of how close they were and it turned into a full on pillow fight between the four with the teams of 'SowRin' and 'UmHa' as the older team named both sides.

 

XXXXXXX

I broke this chapter up because it was incredibly long so the NEXT chapter is the one I'm actually happy about. But hey UmHa is blossoming.