2 Truths and a Lie

The Cure is You

But of course that's not how the world worked and Sinb was not protected by the universe because after she and Umji had gone dancing Sinb decided she wanted to go to her favorite restaurant. After sitting down she looked around taking in the scenery when she spotted her. Sowon was looking out the window while the girl next to her seemed to be in her own world rambling to the tall girl. The girl Sowon was sitting was pretty and Sinb wanted to scream. "Omuji let's go somewhere else." Umji was certainly confused but sensing the was Sinb seemed really upset she decided not to press the situation. They quietly slipped out of the restuarant unseen. The two seemed to be in the clear until Sinb realized she left her wallet. "Of freaking course." Sinb muttered under her breath going back into the restaurant. When she looked at the table she was at she saw Sowon looking at her with Sinb's wallet in her hand. Sinb turned red under the girl's gaze and decided her wallet was not necessary if it involved facing her first love. She turned around and grabbed Umji's hand as she went out the door. Sinb practically dragged Umji along without so much as a word. "Sinb!" Umji stopped the two of them and made the girl face her. "There's no way you got your wallet that fast. What's going on ?" Before Sinb could explain Sowon had come into view and Sinb could only manage a groan (well she thought she groaned it was really more of a squeak to those around her).  When Umji saw Sowon she understood why Sinb had made such a scene and she wished she would've just ran along with her. Umji knew the two needed to talk but not like this and not when she had finally gotten the energy to go back outside. The three stood in an akward silence with Sowon staring at Sinb, Sinb staring at the ground, and Umji looking in between the two girls. Clearing Umji suddenly said she had to go to the bathroom and went into a into a nearby store to avoid the tension leaving the ex-lovers in silence.

"HwangBi-ssi-" That was her favorite nickname. Sowon was the only one who was allowed to call her that and Sinb felt the tears building up inside her. She tried to remember that it was all in the past, even though her heart was screaming for her to forgive the older girl. "Thanks for the wallet. I have to go now. " Sinb tried to grab her wallet but the taller girl moved it back making her fall toward slightly. Using her other hand, Sowon placed her hand on Sinb's waist to steady the younger girl but couldn't seem to pull her hand away afraid to let her go again. Another silence passed for Sowon slowly realized how close they were and turned red. "I missed you. " Sowon was almost inaudible but Sinb heard her... even though part of her wished she didn't. It's been a year and a half. Sowon didn't really miss her. Sowon had last left her broken-hearted. But at the same time, Sinb wanted to go back to the way things were. "Can I tell you why things had to end because I really want us to be back together. I still l-" "I can't. I'm getting married." The lie rolled of Sinb's tongue as if she had practiced it and it shocked both girls. Sowon slowly took a step back nodding her head handing the younger girl her wallet. 

"Oh how long have you two been together ? Do I know them?" Sinb's mind raced at Sowon's questions. Damn it Sinb. Married really ? Not Kookie... not Moonbin... Not Umji.... Not Dahyun.

"It's Jackson. He's sweet." Sowon tried not to roll her eyes. "Jackson ? The one that tried to kiss you while we dated and then told people you slept together ? Ya real sweet Sinb."

"He changed... plus he actually cared about me." The hurt in Sinb's voice made both of them take a moment to breathe before Sowon responded. "I did care. I DO care about you. More than I do about myself... please let me explain." Sinb simply shook her head and turned around. "I... I have to find Umji-ya... goodbye Sowon." Sowon watched Sinb walk away like she did that day a year and a half ago. She watched the way she didn't hesitate and she thought to herself maybe she really was happy with Jackson and even though she wanted Sinb to be happy... She knew Jackson wasn't the person for her but she knew Sinb wouldn't have listened her.

"CRAP," Sinb turned down and alley and screamed letting her confusion and frustration out. "JACKSON ? JACKSON ING WANG. There's absolutely no way this is going to work." "Ya that was defiently the dumbest thing you've done." Umji walked into the alley and sat beside her friend on the floor. "You shpuld have talked to her and been honest. If you try to make this lie work it's going to be 10 times worse than whatever she would have said." Umji spoke with a finality in her voice that made Sinb know she couldn't argue but it was too late. Sowon thought she was engaged to Jackson and that was it. Sinb wasn't sure what would happen with Jackson. The boy hadn't changed. In fact he might have gotten worse. She remembered the random nights he'd call her saying that he could easily get Sowon off her mind and maybe that's why Sinb said his name. Hopefully there was truth in his words.

The next morning Sinb asked Jackson to get coffee too which he eagerly accepted. "Finally decided to get over that one girl ?" Jackson smirked as he talked making Sinb want to punch him but restrained herself. "That girl is Sowon and I told her that we are engaged... but obviously I'm not just marrying you so I just need you to say your my fiancee." Sinb shifted uncomfortable as Jackson just stared at her. "So we are dating but instead of just being together we are engaged? Hwang Sinb you sure do make a first date interesting... do I have to like buy a ring ?" Jackson dropped most of his egostic aura which surprised Sinb and lightly made her smile. "No I have a ring. I don't want this to be too outrageous." They talked for another hour or so before deciding to meet up again for dinner. Jackson really did have a certain charm to him that Sinb liked and after they began talking about themselves, Sinb didn't think of the older girl for a while.

Umji and Sowon didn't hate each other but there was slight animosity between the two so when Umji had told Sowon she had been looking for her she was genuinely confused. "So why exactly did you break Sinb's heart ?" Umji was very direct and it almost made Sowon choke on her drink. "I didn't mean t-" "But you did Sowon. And I want to know why." Sowon stayed silent. Of course she figured her reasoning was valid but Sowon wanted to tell Sinb before anyone else. "Sowon I'm her best friend and I know she needs you so you can either explain it to me and I'll try to make sure you can at least talk to her or I can just leave." The ultimatum really wasn't hard to Sowon but it wasn't until Umji sighed and stood up from their table did she realize that she was going to let yet another chance slip away. "Ok sit down but just... promise I get to tell Sinb myself when the time comes." Umji smiled as she sat back down, seeing how the girl still cared about her friend. Sowon took a deep breath and closed her eyes before looking back at Umji.